ME Bank Home Loans

ME Bank Home Loans

Bridget

BridgetCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Settlement delay. Not happy Jan

I have had 2 previous home loans with ME without issue.
However this new home loan is a different story. After providing the relevant paperwork to Ally Dimiotis to ensure Settlement would proceed today, my Conveyancer now tells me that ME didn't send the paperwork onto their solicitors Gallilee Solicitors. Result ? My settlement is now delayed for 5 days. Have to cancel/rebook removalists, had taken annual leave so I could move this week and now have to change this too. Buying/settlement and moving is stressful enough. I didn't need the very people who should be doing their job to take their eyes of the ball, to my detriment. You need to lift your game ME and improve your customer service.

NotHappyMeBank

NotHappyMeBankGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

MEBANK Was Not The Bank For Me

Loan used for:Second Home
David

DavidSydney, NSW

ME Bank is becoming more like a lender of last resort - Beware

Have a loan that's just come off its fixed rate and been a customer of ME bank for 5 years. No problems of note in that time. However was recently confronted by a smug, condescending individual on the phone that showed zero empathy and willingness to assist. Basically it seems ME will hook you in with decent, even low rates then hit existing customers with higher than acceptable rates at first opportunity. I went from 3.69% fixed for 3 years to now, 4.20% variable P&I!! This is in an environment where the official cash rate is 0.75% people! They are refusing to budge and my only option is: fix now or else. I know which option I'll be taking and will vote with my feet. Such a pity because I didn't contemplate leaving.

Loan used for:Investment Property
WHATCANISAY

WHATCANISAYPerth, WA

MEBANK COMES TO THE RESCUE

I have had my ups and downs with ME bank but that's due to the many changes over 20 years. However I have just sold my house and if it wasn't for my WONDERFUL mobile lender in WA the home loan would not have gone ahead. There are 4 houses settling next week and only MEBANK did what it was suppose to ANZ is holding us all up and we nearly lost our settlement date because of them. If you don't get the answers you are after with MEBANK from over east ask to speak to a mobile lender in Perth they are superheros and made good on all their promises. PS I am on a pension which is now very hard to borrow on but Mebank was one of the few that would lend to me (not one of the 4 big banks would) Thanks

J Hwang

J Hwang

Great/easy refinancing as a new customer, absolute nightmare when you discharge the mortgage

Mebank were one of the easiest bank to refinance and sign up with. Even when they got their rates wrong, they were prompt to rectify the fault. 5 stars for the sign up and interest rate, they were very good!

However, all good things must come to an end, unfortunately we had to refinance and it was sad leaving a great bank. The mortgage discharge team was poor, probably insufficient staffing. Their lawyers (Galilee) were poor in communication, the discharge took them over 40 days to complete. What annoys me the most is that after 3 weeks of refinancing with the new bank, Mebank still cannot generate a account closure letter!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 star

Loan Start DateJune 2017

Loan Start DateNovember 2017
Loan used for:Second Home

Malcolm M

Malcolm M

Avoid this bank at all costs

They gave preapproval for a loan and I found a property. 1 hour before going unconditional they came back stating the figures that they used to calculate serviceability were wrong and dropped the amount by $180K. Of course I lost the property. They are completely incompetent.

boru

boruSydney, NSW

terrible soul destroying bank

this so-called members Equity Bank doesn't even deserve 1/4 of a star let alone one star
this any bank was set up by the superannuation industry and the unions
so what would you expect? A well-run bank or a bank run by the foxes who are guarding the chickens
when you go to hardship or have a loss of a job the M E bank comes down on you like a ton of bricks
so run don't walk from this fake bank, have nothing to do with it

Loan TypeLine of Credit
Loan Start DateFebruary 2017
Loan used for:Renovation

Service gets worse by the year

We have had 4 homeloans with ME and each time the service gets worse. Today they jacked my interest rate from 4.29% to 5.8%!! Was passed through to the "retention" team to discuss options to retain my custom. Staff member was abrupt and failed to offer anything other than to state their current full rates and to belittle all competitors. She ended up basically hanging up on me after saying she would just send me a discharge form. Hardly best practice fro someone working in customer retention. Found a much better deal elsewhere and will never use or recommend ME to anyone.

angifi

angifi

Strung along for 3 months with application, 100's od documents and a "no"

Me bank required so many documents and strung out the process for months. They asked for one document at a time, and because it took so long, I had to re-send the same, more up to date documents such as personal loan details and credit card details. At one point I was asked for a marriage certificate and statutory declaration to prove who I was, despite the fact that they had my passport and driver's license copies. It was a long, frustrating process which ended with great disappointment. The whole process involved around 80 emails and probably close to 150 documents.

MrDWork

MrDWorkSydney

Basically they dont want to lend you money!

This ME bank which is full of jokes tortured you with all the ID things and your proofs of finance.... then they always preset you with unconditional approval and lodged your form in for the real official approval. Then you had to wait for the letter of offer to arrive....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The funny started after that, you may have to give in more proofs of finance, your signature might be not that clear, certain forms had to be redone, witness of your ID, signature...you bl..y name it!
They ate your time until you could barely stand and quit or lose ....It is a joking and wasting time bank...Avoid it by all means ....would you?

Be Very Careful!!

Everything was fine and going well and I was very happy that is until ME Bank decided to increase my interest rate from %3.74 to %5.03 without warning.

Terrible experience

Keeps asking one document at a time and the pre approval itself might take more than a month. They have no idea themselves what documents they need to verify to approve the loan.

Shane

ShaneSydney, NSW

Never go to ME Bank for a Home Loan

Scott03

Scott03ADELAIDE SA

Didn't know what to expect however I have been pretty impressed and highly recommend

My wife and I were looking for a affordable no frills home loan for our existing house. We have been with them now for over 2 years and couldn't be happier. The application and approval was straight forward. Online banking is really easy and any time I have needed to call up they have been more then helpful. Been a great all round experience so far.

Xiao Zhang

Xiao ZhangSydney

Big Thanks

The bank Home Loan Department is highly professional with wonderful customer service.

Last month due to other bank delay, my IIA seemed impossible for last financial year. I called the bank and never thought it can be done at such short time, but half hour later the Bank told me that they can do it. The bank staff worked so hard and guided me each step. At 30 June, I was so happy, the transaction went through successfully. Thanks for the whole team.

Furqan

FurqanSydney

A pathertic bank

Incredulous Rene

Incredulous Rene

WARNING! No attention to detail and terrible service.

New homeowner

New homeowner

Great bank, highly recommend

I love this bank minimal fees, great customer service, I should've joined them sooner you're not just a number with this bank

mtm

mtmwest end

service??? what service??

I deal with 4 banks regarding term investments, the other 3 it takes me no longer than 5 minutes to complete on line and no paper work ME needs 3 pages of application each time and up to 5 days processing and advising me to transfer funds, ME should be de-registered, don't know how they got a good bank rating elsewhere, they must have paid some one for the review.