Leeanne

LeeanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unprofessional and inconsistent advice

Was with this bank for 4 yrs until I refinanced mortgage. They miscalculated interest and owe me almost $500, to which they’ve now held for 18 business days!! Calling Ombudsman

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Leeanne, I'm really sorry to hear that this discharge has dragged on a little longer than expected. Please feel free to inbox ME with your best contact details if you'd like us to look into this for you. -Beck

Shirlgirl

ShirlgirlSydney, NSW

GOOD CLEAR SERVICE

I am an ELDERLY member and have always received excellent help over the last 6 years . This morning October 12th 2019 I talked with KEVIN he was very helpful in explaining the new tap and go programme for my savings and the new interest rates. All rates are going down but ME bonus is steady / constant unlike others only for 4months and then disappears. Good service better than other banks I have had my savings with with.

teddiesCanberra 2600, ACT

Great products, so so customer service

Mediocre

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

CJ1

CJ1

ME Bank is excellent for simple banking without fees

I have banked with ME for around 15 years, taking out 3 home loans with them and maintaining a credit card, and I can recommend them for their service, interest rates and responsiveness. They don't charge many fees and although there may be some minor drawbacks to an online, vs bricks and mortar bank, I thoroughly recommend them for all banking needs.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hey CJ1, were thrilled to hear that you've been having a great time with ME! Thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts and please don't hesitate to get in touch with ME if there's anything we can help you with. Beck

Annie S.

Annie S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Life Line

I have been with ME for the longest time. Every time I need help they help immediately, without question and let me talk about what is going wrong. My income was suspended for several months a few years ago and they advised me how to get my home loans suspended, they showed me how to reduce my home loan payments by splitting my loan. I have never had a bad call. Thankyou

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

J Man

J ManSydney Surrounds, NSW

Personal Loan

Justin

JustinLaunceston, TAS

Don't have a good feedback service rude.

Been banking with members equity for over ten years. In that time I've had car loans home loans and paid them all well within period. And currently have a personal loan that I'm $2800 in front on and paid out another loan eariler in the by a year early. Thought I was going great but got declined for a new car with even $8000 dollar deposit. And they give absolutely no feedback at all to help you out.

Laurie

LaurieSydney, NSW

ME Bank is great for your basic banking needs

I have been with Me Bank for 4 years and use them for my main credit card, transaction and savings accounts. They are a no frills bank, which means they can offer better rates and no fees, however, that does mean you don’t get the latest technology and no physical branches.

I don’t see this as a disadvantage, since I don’t use Apple Pay and the like, and you can withdraw money from any major banks’ atm without any fee.

ME Bank has phone support (on-shore) and the staff are generally friendly and helpful.

If you’re looking for a bank for the basic banking activities and don’t need a bunch of fancy features, I highly recommend ME Bank!

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions
carolineewood1

carolineewood1Western Australia

personal loan application

Been with the bank nearly 5 years have two products with them. Taken seven weeks to complete an application was told three times been successful then to be told did not get it. No communication from Bank had to consistently ring them and then be told so many different things. No organisation skills and no communication skills. Definitely, do not listen and no loyalty to there customers.

palex

palexPerth, WA

I am very happy online banking with ME

I am very happy online banking with ME. My old bank offered me some good products that they only give new customers and attractive rates. They don't offer to existing customers unless they leave. ME still gave me a better product and have been very easy contact when I had a query and I got to speak to someone I could easily understand which becomes more important the older you get. I would recommend them.

TopicNew Account
ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Palex, thanks for the feedback we really appreciate it and welcome to ME. Let ME know if there's anything you need - Thanks Jono

RabiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

I have HOME LOAN for nearly three years. When I rang them to get some information about my interest rates, I found the staff ([Name Removed]) dated 04-09-2019 wasn't friendly. He was acting as if they were doing a favor giving us loan.
So, rude and unprofessional.
I hope to get update and action regarding this matter.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Rabi, thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry you've had this experience. Could you please inbox ME your number and I will organise for the call to be reviewed and I can give you an update - Thanks Jono

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Rabi, thanks for the reply and honest feedback. The customer is always at the centre of what we do, again, sorry you had that experience. Just checking up, were you able to get in touch? - Thanks Jono

Chris1011Queensland

Incorrect information in order to change over from another bank to ME, from mobile lender.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Chris1011, thanks for getting back to ME. $12k is definitely a lot of money and lenders mortgage insurance is something that most lenders charge. If you inbox ME your number I can have a case manager contact you in relation to this - Thanks Jono

Angela

AngelaSouth East Queensland, QLD

:( :( :(

Paid out our home mortgage early after 15+ years of extra payments. Never defaulted. I had to pay 3 ..... yes I said 3.... pay out costs. When you ring ..... they just send you round and round in circles. Inefficient service. Finalising a home loan should have been a joyful moment, but ME destroyed that. Their priorities are keeping you locked in with payments. I am closing all my accounts. Good ridance ME!!!

Best option

Early customer love the option to big banks. Simple transaction online 24/7. Staff knowledgeable always. Recommend to friends.
Easy saving switching accounts.

Thank you for market option as a small client.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Janet, thanks for being so loyal over the years. It's great to hear through the ups and downs you're still happy with ME! Thanks for the feedback - Jono

Jessica N.

Jessica N.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy customer so far!

Recently opened a ME account due to better interest rates. Have had to call up once, but the operator was super useful and helped me straightaway. Despite the bad reviews on here, I haven’t had any issues. I think you just have to remember they’re a smaller bank and accept that they have less staff than the big four. If you want things done in a timely manner then you have to sacrifice the better rates and sign up with one of the big four

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Jessica, welcome to the ME family. We agree, as a smaller bank we are doing everything we can to remain competitive and look after you. Each year we are improving, thanks for the support and let ME know if there's anything else - Thanks Jono

Kamacho

KamachoSydney, NSW

Don’t even think about it

Mortgage is a 30 years relationship, however their product and services is not competitive. For example they don’t offer family pledge. What if in 20 years time you needing to support your kids to enter to their first home. I was wondering why everyone going with a big 4.

Adz

AdzAU

So today, I have not been able to access my accounts for over 6 hours and counting

This bank has had multiple outages in my years with them, you cannot login to online services (either on a browser or on the app) so forget about doing your banking!?! Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere, ME Bank provide a truly terrible experience. Following today's ongoing outage I can only assume that many people like me will be looking at other banks...

PhilIllawarra, NSW

Mortgage Interest Rates

Me Bank needs to look after their existing customers better, especially, by offering them the same interest rates as new customers and what they are advertising their rates to be. By looking after your loyal customers first, you'll be more likely to retain them. Maybe ME Bank, should reward loyalty of their long term customers in future. Disappointed in the attitude and response to my enquiry from the customer service people too. " Can I help you with anything else today"? No - you were no help in the first place !

Phil

Im in the process of paying out the mortgage and closing the account. Thanks for replying though.

Luke

LukeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Stoked with them

Have had no issues, been with them for 12 months, have a land and build mortgage with offset account and another chq acc. Rates are good, helpful phone support, the phone app is easy to use, all in all a great experience

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Luke, we're stoked that you've had a good experience. Thanks for the feedback and we'll do our best to keep it going - Thanks Jono

sharon

sharonasked

I have just opened a savings account with me bank and I'm shocked to see that it's going to take 3 business days or longer for my money to transfer from another bank..why does it take so long when every other bank that I use is instant? What happens to lost interest whilst it's floating around in space? This seems very archaic..

teddies

From my experience with a variety of their accounts, and receiving money into these accounts, I can't think of an occasion where money has taken more than a business day (overnight) to arrive into my ME Bank account. I've also even experienced money coming in on the same day from certain banks. I believe the general rule of allowing 2-3 or even 3-5 business days is just a standard timeframe most banks put as to under promise but over deliver.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Sharon, generally speaking all bank transfers between financial institutions can take 1 to 3 business days to process, this is the industry timeframe as each financial institution processes transactions in a slightly different way. Most of the time you'll find that your transfer will make it across overnight, or the next day, but on occasion it will need the extra day for whatever reason. ME isn't on the New Payment Platform just yet, but were working towards it so your transfers will go through a little faster in the future. -Beck

lesl

leslasked

why does it take 10 days to clear a bank cheque in 2019 when it took 6 days back in 1985

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Lesl, thanks for reaching out to ME. Part of the reason is if it's coming from Australia post they are mailed to us. I've included some information below on what happens, also as a smaller bank we do still have manual processes in place rather than automatic or a machine. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

- Cheques arrive in the mail or are personally delivered to Head Office.
- Cheque details are examined to ensure ME policies are being met and that the cheque meets all standard criteria (date, signed etc.)
- Cheques are delivered to our admin team to process
- Account details are checked to ensure ME can accept a cheque deposit to the relevant account
- Cheques not acceptable are returned to the customer with a letter and notes are added
- Then we deposit the cheque into your account and wait for an answer from the other bank to clear it.

Let ME know if there's anything else - Thanks Jono

Ajayasked

I've read alot of bad reviews from ME Bank customers recently, mainly about bank statements though.
I was wondering if anyone has or had a term deposite with this bank? Was it a good or bad experience? Did you have any problems?

Thanks in advance for your answer :)

Steve
Steve

Avoid this bank like the plague! They have so many issues from high level of IT outages to a terrible internet banking, statement issues, no branches and abismal online experience, extremely poor financial performance when compared to other banks (just check out their financial statements and compare them to other banks - dont know about you but i prefer to bank with a stong bank and this comes from sustainable financial strength, it's also an indication for me on just how seriously a bank takes fianances, mine included). They have an extremely limited product offering and the only selling point os the price/interest rate, which when you weigh up the experience they provide just isnt worth the grief!

All their so called new products etc have been on the market for the last 15 years. This bank is about 15-20 years behind most others, and their only selling point is their interest rates (which u can negotiate to get at other banks anyway) and their gimmiky marketing campains (which annoynthe crap out of me, personally).

They are a bank without branches, and a terrible digital experience. So if you want to be stuffed around, have terrible experience, for a rate you can negotiate with most other bamks to recieve anyway, go for it. If you want a bank who takes finances seriously and knows at least something about banking, ME is not the bank for you.

Ajay

I really appreciate your response to my question Steve :)

Just wondering out of interest, what bank do you then recommend, or what bank do you trust with your finances?

Get an answer from our members and ME (Members Equity) Bank representatives