2.0

GJMPerth, WA

Worse than Centrelink

AlexandraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ME bank

Have had accounts with ME bank in the past and only decided to swich and move away from them due to lack of branches , went with one of the big 4 banks which i wish i had of reconsidered as i dont feel i have been provided the same level of customer service and care that i had with ME bank.

ME banks had always provided nothing but great customer service to me everytime i had to call with any issues, i am now in the process of switching all of my banking back over to ME.

TopicNew Account
ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Alexandra, we're so pleased to hear you're heading back to ME! If you need any help getting set up then just let us know. Have a great day and thanks for your support. - Annabelle

Alexandra

Hi Annabelle, thank you so much for that :) glade i am now back with ME

Dane

DaneSydney, NSW

Criminal

MeBank has been the worst bank I have used for a home loan.
I am trying to refinance my loan with another bank and it has taken 3 months because their solicitors keep delaying or bring up another reason of why settlement can’t happen.
It’s an interest only loan and they are trying to keep me as long as possible before the transfer to keep making money. This should be illegal and they should be looked into.

Mick

MickPerth, WA

SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE

Longtime and loyal customer, ME withheld money without consent and now ate making it very difficult to recover my money. Rude, disrespectful and ignorant customer service. Having to take time out of my busy schedule to chase my own money up.

Toni

ToniHunter Region, NSW

Nervous saver

Find a better bank

I've been with me bank for 20 years. They used to deliver a great service. However, recently, the bank isn't what it used to be. I too had $20k frozen from my account without notification or warning. Am absolutely dissatisfied and appalled with this. I am in the process of finding a better bank with lower interest rates and better customer service. Take you hard earned money and trust elsewhere. I too will be lodging a complaint. Not good enough me.

Ruth

RuthQueensland

Ethical, prudent, excellent

In close to fifteen years banking with them I have always found ME Bank to be excellent. When I was buying a home and other banks were willing to lend me a crazy amount of money, they were much more ethical and suggested a sensible and prudent amount. Despite their recent stuff-up I am very happy with them. Much better than other banks whose nefarious practices were revealed in the Royal Commission.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

So glad to hear this, Ruth :) We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this awesome review - and for sticking by ME for 15 years! If you ever need anything then just let us know. - Annabelle

No, just no

Banking services are often offline leaving customers with no access to funds. Terrible customer service and extremely poor communication. Generic “we apologise for the inconvenience “ response to all issues. Rarely answer phone calls. No Apple Pay or oska payments. Only 15 transactions a day, card gets blocked until midnight after 15 transactions

Fantastic, easy, reliable

Love ME Bank. Was put onto this bank by my Business Manager at work (she said all her professional managers have swapped over to ME) and im very grateful. Can call my broker 24/7. Easy to move money. A very low interest rate. Great phone service. Very friendly team. I was with Westpac for over 20 reasonably happy years but switched when buying a new house. Hassle free. Highly recommend.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi there Mark, thanks SO much for this awesome review. We're so glad to hear you've been happy with ME. If you do ever need any help with anything then just give us a shout! - Annabelle

Kelly M.

Kelly M.Perth, WA

Ethical banking at its best!

We have been with ME bank for about 20 years now... I can't believe I am going to say this about a bank but I actually love them! Not only do they have competitive rates (No bells & whistles or suck-you-in reward schemes) but they are ethical (!!) which is important to us. They are owned by Australian industry superfunds & ALL their profits go back to their members. They DO NOT invest in fossil fuels & never will. They support the Mothers Day classic every year.
Aside from all this their customer service is excellent, we have never had any issues with them & would highly recommend them.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Heya Kelly! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this lovely feedback :) It's made our day. If you ever need any help with anything then just let us know. - Annabelle

Just don't risk it.

I too have been a ME customer for many years and normally have not had any issues with savings accounts only.But upon seeing what has happened to ME customers who have had their home loan redraw account funds taken without any notice,I wasn't going to chance my savings with ME either.Tried to contact ME bank several times recently and only get a recording and with no physical bank contact either will not risk my savings even though they are not a home loan.Have now withdrawn all savings to a real bank with excellent contact and advice and will close accounts once they answer their phone.Just don't risk it I say.

hardinlawSouth East Queensland, QLD

Be wary

I have been with ME for a couple of years. The information given at any dealing has generally been incomplete and has resulted in problems with the TAX Office when the bank did not provide the interest on savings to the ATO despite an assurance that had been done. I am closing our accounts. ME Bank is under investigation by APRA. I have asked for a tax statement for this year but no response

DebbieVic

Won’t give my money back

We have term deposit that reached maturity I sent an email asking to transfer the funds to my linked CBA account, a week later sent me an email saying they didn’t read my instruction email in time and they have already locked it in for another 6 months, I replied back saying I understood that by breaking the term I would loose new interest but was happy to do that please transfer my funds. The email read receipt has happened but no transfer of funds I have sent two more email since no transfer of funds this has been going on now since the 19/4 I will never use them again and would suggest if your considering using them be very cautious they just refuse to answer me- disgusting service and to think our money pays their wages!

TopicNew Account

Not Happy ME

I have been with ME for about 15 years. I had 60,000 of the money I was in front with frozen without my permission. Without an explanation as to why I was singled out and not even a letter from the bank. Today is May 7, 2020. The web page explanation is belittling. They are not doing this for our benefit. It is a money grab by the bank executives. Plain and simple. As a consequence the ME executives responsible should lose their jobs and bonuses for their own good. Today it was me tomorrow it will be you.

TopicLoan Application
Ilukasue

Ilukasue

Despictable ME

Rewards it's long term loyal customers that are years ahead on their loan repayments and at no risk of defaulting by reducing their redraw facility and keeping interest rates at very high levels even when the RBA drops interest rates to all time lows. No communication, email, snail mail, anything! Switch to ING or another on-line bank and save more than 2% and keep your redraw.

Avoid this Grub

I have been with this bank for over 15 years. Their recent decision to reduce the redraw amount is deplorable and highly unethical.
I will be exiting them in a near future.

TopicLoan Application
Lenny

LennySouth East Queensland, QLD

ME Bank has restored funds to my offset

I was contacted by ME Bank today and informed that the funds I had available as offset have been restored . I am grateful for this action , and hope to continue business as normal.

TopicBusiness Banking
Greg

GregGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another Home Loan Redraw Victim of ME Bank

Marilyn

MarilynNorthern Region, NSW

Shocked

I only found out from reading paper this morning about ME taking funds from redraw account sure enough straight away checked home loan redraw and thousands of dollars have disappeared says adj 27/4. Have been a customer for over 20 years I want MY money returned asap. Surely this is not legal.

Adam

AdamHobart, TAS

Me Bank Cannot Be Trusted

ME Bank have swept up and taken customers' offset account savings without permission or warning. And as if that would not have been bad enough, they have done so in the middle of the Coronavirus pandemic. Once I would have sung their praises but now in my opinion this Bank can no longer be trusted. I am lodging a formal complaint to the Banking Ombudsman as are many other customers. I recommend you choose another bank to do business with. I will be.

hardinlawasked

Why was my post Help for the dissatisfied rejected? It was an honest attempt to give people a path to making contact with ME Bank. A reading of the Reviews shows lack of contact is a major problem.

hardinlawasked

I have rescued my money from ME Bank but cannot get a response to my request for any interest deposits due after leaving or, more importantly, cannot get a statement of interest earnings for 2019 -2020 year. Last year ME told me it had advised ATO. It had not and as a result I had great trouble from ATO. Is Me not communicating because it is under investigation by APRA or is it in danger of failing? Other banks still respond during Covid but not ME

Mark T

All I can tell you is my experience has been nothing short of remarkable. I’m sorry to hear your experience.

hardinlaw

My experience is also nothing short of remarkable but why will they not answer? Is it because they are under investigation or because they are Hiding pending a failure which will close them down? Honest institutions have no fear in answering. Dishonest cannot answer because they will be caught out.

David F.

David F.asked

I’ve been a loyal customer for over 20 years and been constantly underwhelmed by such a backward-looking, out of touch and myopic institution. However your latest fiasco plumbs new depths in contempt and arrogance. While you may still have a financial licence to operate, you certainly don’t have a moral one. Time the CEO took all of his management team on a serious navel-gazing retreat and figured out a way to reinvent itself as an institution of choice rather than one many of us grudgingly tolerate.

Debbie

Couldn’t have said it better - rogues that’s all they are!

Unhappy Me
Unhappy Me

Rang me and have reversed this decision. I am assuming due to the change of conditions without notice. I expect a letter next week with giving a weeks notice and the same to happen again. When we got our loan were told we were going to have an offset account. Now I am told it is only a savings account. Tried to explain to me that I was confused like a lot of the customers. I am not confused yet again conditions were changed. I know the difference between re-draw and offset. This breach of trust is disgusting.

Get an answer from our members and ME (Members Equity) Bank representatives