ME (Members Equity) Bank

ME (Members Equity) Bank

2.0

JeffW

JeffWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Least Trustworthy and worst customer service!

Have had home loans with ME Bank since 2000 - so 20 years. When they were Members Equity they used to be great, but somewhere along the line they just got an ego. After the scandal earlier this year, and more recently the most ridiculous attempts at customer service, I would not trust this bank with anything! There are better banks out there!!

TopicGeneral Transactions

I wish I could give them ZERO stars. BEWARE!

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Pablo

Pablo

Worst bank I have ever dealt with, they are crooks.

Do not do business with these people they are absolutely The worst bank I have ever dealt with, after two years and a lot of money invested with them their customer service is so terrible and rude absolute disgrace

Shane  Cabin 8141

Shane Cabin 8141Sydney, NSW

Definitely Shouldn’t be called a Bank

Without doubt ME would be the worst Bank in the country, the service is deplorable and the staff the rudest.
Wait times are over 40 mins most days and there still blaming Covid for there poor service.
Please if you have any self respect give this organisation a wide berth.
The banking ombudsman should close this rabble.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
Ilukasue

Ilukasue

Absolutely bad.

Last week I could not log-in to my accounts! Called ME bank to find out what the problem is. All my accounts had been closed, credit card too. Turns out deceased estates think I am DEAD!! Someone with a similar name died and MY accounts were closed. This week received a new credit card (it says my name ESTATE). ME bank I am still not DEAD,,grrr. After the redraw debarkle I thought they may improve. APPARENTLY NOT. Not Happy ME!

HD1

HD1Southern and Hills, SA

Utter disgrace

2 year customer. We should sue for false advertising. Poor customer service, excruciating wait times, poor internet service, archaic application and information sent via post, horrendous safety of info with files being lost and put into another clients folder.
Early discharge of home loan was only way to leave...has taken over 6 months of 'communication' and we are still facing further delays. We are feeling like the mortgage term will be nearly through before this is sorted!!! Bloody ridiculous.

TopicLoan Application
Laura

LauraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

I’ve not even been with this bank long enough to get me card sent opened the account transferred funds from my normal account went in straight away then did a large amount and it’s gone missing after talking to my normal bank they have definitely received the funds then did 2 smaller ones and they went through every time I speak so someone I get a different reason none of which result in me getting my money

TopicNew Account
Not happy ME

Not happy MESouth East Queensland, QLD

Lost money through direct credit transfer

Other Banks
86 400
3.6
julie

julieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

covers all essential banking products simply, cost effectively

I have been with ME Bank about 5 years.
Consistent services and helpful staff,
have always received easy to understand, straight forward information.
Easily much better off financially by switching to ME Bank.
During my transition they fixed my mistakes without penalty, much appreciated.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account

kani

kaniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

worse customer service experience

my mistake I did not looked at ME bank review online before taking up my first home loan with them. Based on my experience dealing with ME bank, all I can say is that it is the worse bank and please avoid dealing with this bank. I wish I could give them negative rating, I feel sorry for the one star. called them many times for the same issues, every time they assured me they have fixed everything from their end, but instead I have to call them again n again. I could write a essay on how they messed up my account and service they have provided, but don't want to spoil my rest of day.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Happy Biker

Happy Biker

Long term customer

Been with ME Bank for over 20 years and have never had a single problem. Consistently efficient. Had to call them from Cuba once and they sorted it immediately! Excellent bank, I recommend them to all and sundry. Our entire family use this bank.

Very happy with MEbank

I have been with ME bank for about 3 years or more and been very happy with all aspects of banking. I have found everything to be very reliable and the service excellent. I have recommended ME bank to other family members and friends.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Robyn

RobynNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Most reliable, honest and trustworthy bank in Australia

I have been with ME Bank for around 15 years and have always found them reliable, honest and trustworthy and meet ALL my banking needs. Unlike major banks, I have never had to worry outrageous and unjustified bank fees. Lack of local branches is not a problem because if needed, AustraliaPost is a virtual branch and everything else can be done online or over the phone. The customer service on the phone has always been efficient, friendly and appropriate. I would highly recommend ME Bank to everyone

Good for general banking and on line saving

Have been with the back for 3 years for savings only, no loan use. The service on line is good but could be updated and improved functionality. Call centre service from my experience has been quick, helpful and generally good. The bank seems to be trying to improve service and on line functionality and this should be pursued by the bank.

MULTI97

MULTI97multi97@gmail.com

There's no good faith with banking with ME Bank

Roy

RoyPerth, WA

Unreliable and untrustworthy

TopicGeneral Transactions

This bank needs improvement, a lot of improvement.

I have been with the Bank for nearly 20 years. It was a good bank, offering competitive loan and service was good. But now the home loan rate is not competitive and the service is going from bad to worsen. I had to wait 3 months to get some answers. I wish to be provided with some reasons for the existence of this type of banks. All I wish to do is to pay-off the loan and get out of the bank all together.

The bank for ME is not for you

Was with the bank less than six months
Withheld my salary for 6 weeks and blamed my organisations bank. My pay office provided proof that the funds had indeed left their account. ME continued to lie. After threatening legal action, voila! My salary suddenly appeared in my account.
Disgusting and abhorrent people

17 years and going strong

I have been with ME Bank for 17 years and across 2 mortgages as well as credit cards and incentive saver accounts. I have had no issues with this bank and have found them to be friendly and helpful at every contact. My requests have always been dealt with promptly and effectively. If I had a choice, I would bank with them again and have no problem recommending them to someone else.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Very PersistantSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Banking Experience

Been with ME Bank for over 10 years. Its a disgrace stay away from them. Unreliable, tell lies, can not believe anything they say. You have to always wait in hold as they have what seems like one person taking calls for the whole country

TopicLoan Application

Aaron S.

Aaron S.asked

Hi just wanted to know what time money from centerlink his in

Very Persistantasked

Why do ME bank promise you something on one call and when you ring bank again you get told something completely different and are told " it changes each day that you call" and the call centre person Biannca is unhelpful and disinterested, telling you she is in the loans section today yet other times you are told that you can not speak to the loans people as they are admin and do not take call. It obviously changes depending on the circumstances.

Chickenlegs
Chickenlegs

There appears to be zero consistency in their answers. You, now, rarely get to speak with the same person twice. We went through 4 mobile mortgage brokers for a simple construction loan, and all failed, (one did die during the process), which we were not informed, of so I was continually calling the mobile of a man who was deceased. We are negotiating our way out. It is a shame as ME were excellent when we first joined them

Very Persistant

Yes we have been wit them over 10 years and they were ok, but in recent years they are so unreliable and tell some good lies to cover their you know what.

hardinlaw

hardinlawasked

Why was my post Help for the dissatisfied rejected? It was an honest attempt to give people a path to making contact with ME Bank. A reading of the Reviews shows lack of contact is a major problem.

Get an answer from our members and ME (Members Equity) Bank representatives