Listing monitored by ME (Members Equity) Bank

Craig
Craig

Terrible bank, stay away!!

Terrible. I was with ME bank for more than 10 years, they raised my interest rate to a stupidly high level and then never lowered it again. When contacting ME Bank for a better rate, the call centre operator said he couldn't assist and advised I'd be contacted by another area (they never contacted me). Then six months later after finding a better rate with another bank, they refused to give me my discharge form, advising only one area was allowed to email this PDF form (trying to hold my business ransom). It was too late, I had been mistreated for a decade. They are a terrible bank. Stay away or get out now!!!

MICHAEL
MICHAELPerth, WA

Keep away. Amateurs

Keep away. These guys are amateurs. Takes more than a month for a simple loan rate fix. They then fix the wrong loan with wrong rate. They tried to renege on the phone call that was made to fix the rate. You can never speak to a supervisor. Thank goodness for the AFCA Ombudsman.

Other Banks

Drop in service and products

sophie
sophieSydney, NSW

Terrible Customer Service

Have had a credit card with ME for 5 years plus. Was 4 days late with monthly Payment ,plus it took ME another 2 days to process payment .So what do they do. Send me a default Notice which included the next payment due in 3 weeks And even this was not correct. Rang up and got no satisfaction. Will be filing a Complaint with the Banking Ombudsman

Maggie
MaggieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Long time customer

Staff usually polite, knowledgable and helpful. Recent problem early release of term deposit and made to feel like I was asking for an impossibility. I found forms demeaning for this.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Maggie. Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with the Term Deposits early release. I've gone ahead and passed this feedback onto the relevant teams now. - Andy

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
WHATCANISAY
WHATCANISAYPerth, WA

SLOW AS A SNAIL AND NEVER ANSWERS THE PHONE UNDER 30MIN

I have been with bank since 2002 and it has slowly gotten worst over the last 10 years. Since covid you can not get through to customer service unless holding for 30 min or more and getting cut off. And yet BoQ that took them over pick up the phone in 5min. There are constant problems with internet and banking that can not be done on the internet and the staff are rude, always blaming covid for not answering calls and they are all working from home and i dont think its right you can here people in the back ground talking and laughing not much security

TopicGeneral Transactions
Michelle
MichelleAdelaide

Slow to process payments

Waiting and waiting for a payment that left another account with another bank last Friday to be processed by ME Bank. Asked via social media and I telephoned and basically was told it would take three days. Really? Nothing takes three days anymore.

Leo
Leo

Never experienced such incompetence

Let a scammer transfer my life savings out of my account and I almost missed out on getting my first home because of it. Constant errors when trying to transfer out of my account. The only positive experience I had was with someone in the fraud team who helped me get the money back - That ME bank lost in the first place.
Terrible app
No branches (which they act like is a good thing)
Never again. Take the 1% interest rate loss and go with a big 4.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

New App not good

Since the new App launched I have had nothing but trouble. I open the App and it shows no accounts, rang ME who had to reset it for me, customer id and access code. Works fine. Next day I go in, again nothing. A blank page saying I have no accounts. I am out and about, with no access to my bank accounts. I don't have my customer id on me. I am not going to uninstall, then reinstall the App, then put in customer id, then access code each time I use the app. I am SO upset. Why fix something that is not broken. The layout of the new App is rubbish. You are going to lose long-term customers all over your rubbish App.

Matildatue
MatildatueGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good bank

I’ve taken out a Me personal loan and it went very smooth and issue free. I repaid it In a bit over a year and I would happily take out another personal loan through them

Reviews speak for themselves

Absolutely garbage. Half the employees have no idea whatsoever. Wouldn’t recommend ME TO ANYONE .They will screw you anyway they can . Pathetic excuse for a bank . STAY FAR FAR AWAY

Marg N
Marg N

ME bank are requesting a review

I have just completed a request to "Tell it to ME straight", and then was asked information about another bank with whom I have been banking for over 30 years.
No question at all about why I did not class ME as my primary banker.
ME has more of my savings because of their better interest rates; but dealing with them by phone or online is much more difficult than with the other bank. The lack of weekend contact and often long waits to speak on the phone stops me from putting all my money in one place ... for your information ME.

Tony Spark
Tony SparkHunter Region, NSW

Shouldnt be allowed to trade when service is this slow...

Service is pathetically slow. I can see Im not the only one now too... I requested discharge of my home loan months ago, I settled on my home loan last week on thursday and am told I need to wait 2 weeks for a closure letter. Meanwhile all financial plans are on hold pending my ability to provide proof of settlement and closure.

Every person Ive spoken to at your call centre is 'Helpful' and keeps saying they will provide an interim letter or zero balance statement but keeps failing to do so or providing the wrong documentation.

What rubbish... Cheap interest rates but service is disgusting.

James Z
James ZSydney

Terrible Service

Been trying to refinance my loan to another bank for more than a month now. Previously they said it will all be sorted in 3 work weeks, but since then there's been delay after delay (3 times) and still not settled. Their external service provider handling this on their behalf kept saying they haven't been given instruction by Mebank to proceed when my other bank calls them. It's like they are desperately trying to hold onto customers using delay tactics. This whole delay has already costed me $2000 in raised interest rate.

Bradley P.
Bradley P.Sydney, NSW

What A Great Bank, Love EM

I have been with ME Bank for 3 years and i'm very happy with there reliability and i'm over the moon with the service they offer and simple internet banking

Read more reviews - page 2

george M.
george M.asked

Are these guys as dodgy as everyone says? what reason should i not use them?

Fran
Fran

I wouldn't say dodgy because they have to follow some law. I would say most banks are going to be like that because they are trying to cut down people since everything is online.
If you're not going through a broker then you're going to have a hard time having your application processed.
I'll be suffering with them with the years to come since they aren't transparent.
I would say they need to find a better solution to have applications dealt with efficiently. My pre-approval took almost 6-weeks and loan to be approved 3 weeks.

Kmags
Kmags

For me, they were a series of headaches. Huge waiting times on the phone, saying they hadn't received my emails and then taking huge amounts of time to transfer my money back to me. It's the last part that is dodgy to me. I had a term deposit I requested be transferred out because the interest rate dropped. I did it within the notification time frame. They claimed I didn't and then said they'd honour it anyway. The person told me the transfer would 'take a few days'. When I called back 10 days later a new rep on the phone said " oh that's scheduled to transfer in a month". in all, they planned to hold my money for 42 days before transfering. That is dodgy.

Aaron S.
Aaron S.asked

Hi just wanted to know what time money from centerlink his in

Very Persistantasked

Why do ME bank promise you something on one call and when you ring bank again you get told something completely different and are told " it changes each day that you call" and the call centre person Biannca is unhelpful and disinterested, telling you she is in the loans section today yet other times you are told that you can not speak to the loans people as they are admin and do not take call. It obviously changes depending on the circumstances.

Chickenlegs
Chickenlegs

There appears to be zero consistency in their answers. You, now, rarely get to speak with the same person twice. We went through 4 mobile mortgage brokers for a simple construction loan, and all failed, (one did die during the process), which we were not informed, of so I was continually calling the mobile of a man who was deceased. We are negotiating our way out. It is a shame as ME were excellent when we first joined them

Very Persistant

Yes we have been wit them over 10 years and they were ok, but in recent years they are so unreliable and tell some good lies to cover their you know what.

See all ME (Members Equity) Bank questions