Ronni

RonniPerth, WA

Would never recommend ME - Not even to my worst enemy.

Mick Nott

Mick Nott

2021 and ME Bank take 10 days to clear a cheque??

I have been an ME Bank customer for many years. I banked a NSW Government cheque expecting it to clear within 4 to 5 days. After 8 days my enquiries with ME Bank revealed that they only have a handful of staff that clear cheques twice a week and cheques deposited with ME take 10 days to clear. Even back in the 80s cheques were usually cleared within 5 working days. Come on ME, get with the game and bring your policies, practices and systems up to speed.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Zhenya B.

Zhenya B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer service team is the worst I've EVER dealt with.

Truthful

TruthfulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Daniel provided excellent customer service today over the phone.

I spoke with Daniel at ME bank as I inadvertently got the wrong phone number and he was kind enough to transfer me quickly to the right business, RACQ. Much appreciated. I rang from Brisbane so I hope this identifies the right Daniel.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Daniel, thanks so much for your kind review! Accidents like this do happen but I'm glad we could connect you to the right people :) -Beck

XenaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ZERO star

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hi Xena, I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience with ME surrounding this valuation. We can't discuss your accounts here, but if there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to send ME a message. -Beck

Gavin

GavinWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Unacceptable time frame answering secure mail

ME Bank take days to answer secure mail. Not acceptable. Should be same day service. Then when they do answer takes days again for them to respond to the reply.

TopicCredit Card Application
Jordan

JordanSydney, NSW

Ethical, Progressive and Excellent Service.

ME Bank has been fantastic, at first I was nervous to switch from Commonwealth Bank as I'd been with them since kindergarten (25 years ago) . Due to unreasonable fees from CB and the long list of pros to moving to ME Bank I finally made the switch, ethical and amazing interest rates I have never been happier with my bank choice, their customer service has also been amazing when I needed to contact them the past 2 years.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hey Jordan - thanks for your lovely words. Glad to hear you've made the switch and are loving it. All the best! - Mel

Lhara O.

Lhara O.

No star

I have to close to my account to me bank. 3x on different occasion that I transferred money from my other bank account and it never arrive! On some occasion it arrived but somehow this 3x transfer did not when I did not change a thing all the same aside from the amount. This is very terrible for a single mom like me losing $.
Do not use me bank. Stay away from this bank.

JOHN FLINT

JOHN FLINTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A good bank to have in the wallet

I started with ME Bank 8 years ago when needing a mortgage for an apartment. Experience is generally good at most times of the year. But this falls away at peak consumer use times - eg Christmas - and website, mobile apps, internet banking falls in a heap.

ME B.ME (Members Equity) Bank

Hey John, thanks so much for your great words and feedback. I've passed your message onto our improvement team, and appreciate you taking the time to get in touch! Thanks - Mel

LapunCanberra 2600, ACT

Never had a problem with Me Bank

I've been with Me Bank for over 10 years and have never had a problem with its products or services. Unlike the mainstream banks, Me actually pays some savings interest! I've corresponded with the bank via their website and received prompt, helpful responses. Unfortunately, Me Bank isn't in the Osko fast payment system and doesn't provide reward credit cards.

Lapun

That's great news, thanks Mel!

Mustafa

MustafaSydney, NSW

Frustration

frustration! .Applied for Home Loan. 7 day application process took 5 weeks and every time i call them. They say it is in the quee and will be looked at tomorrow.
How many tomorrows have passed still no answer

İ have waisted my 5 weeks with them.

TopicLoan Application

If I could put no star I would!

JeffW

JeffWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Least Trustworthy and worst customer service!

Have had home loans with ME Bank since 2000 - so 20 years. When they were Members Equity they used to be great, but somewhere along the line they just got an ego. After the scandal earlier this year, and more recently the most ridiculous attempts at customer service, I would not trust this bank with anything! There are better banks out there!!

TopicGeneral Transactions

I wish I could give them ZERO stars. BEWARE!

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Pablo

Pablo

Worst bank I have ever dealt with, they are crooks.

Do not do business with these people they are absolutely The worst bank I have ever dealt with, after two years and a lot of money invested with them their customer service is so terrible and rude absolute disgrace

Shane  Cabin 8141

Shane Cabin 8141Sydney, NSW

Definitely Shouldn’t be called a Bank

Without doubt ME would be the worst Bank in the country, the service is deplorable and the staff the rudest.
Wait times are over 40 mins most days and there still blaming Covid for there poor service.
Please if you have any self respect give this organisation a wide berth.
The banking ombudsman should close this rabble.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
Ilukasue

Ilukasue

Absolutely bad.

Last week I could not log-in to my accounts! Called ME bank to find out what the problem is. All my accounts had been closed, credit card too. Turns out deceased estates think I am DEAD!! Someone with a similar name died and MY accounts were closed. This week received a new credit card (it says my name ESTATE). ME bank I am still not DEAD,,grrr. After the redraw debarkle I thought they may improve. APPARENTLY NOT. Not Happy ME!

HD1

HD1Southern and Hills, SA

Utter disgrace

2 year customer. We should sue for false advertising. Poor customer service, excruciating wait times, poor internet service, archaic application and information sent via post, horrendous safety of info with files being lost and put into another clients folder.
Early discharge of home loan was only way to leave...has taken over 6 months of 'communication' and we are still facing further delays. We are feeling like the mortgage term will be nearly through before this is sorted!!! Bloody ridiculous.

TopicLoan Application
Laura

LauraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

I’ve not even been with this bank long enough to get me card sent opened the account transferred funds from my normal account went in straight away then did a large amount and it’s gone missing after talking to my normal bank they have definitely received the funds then did 2 smaller ones and they went through every time I speak so someone I get a different reason none of which result in me getting my money

TopicNew Account
Not happy ME

Not happy MESouth East Queensland, QLD

Lost money through direct credit transfer

Aaron S.

Aaron S.asked

Hi just wanted to know what time money from centerlink his in

Very Persistantasked

Why do ME bank promise you something on one call and when you ring bank again you get told something completely different and are told " it changes each day that you call" and the call centre person Biannca is unhelpful and disinterested, telling you she is in the loans section today yet other times you are told that you can not speak to the loans people as they are admin and do not take call. It obviously changes depending on the circumstances.

Chickenlegs
Chickenlegs

There appears to be zero consistency in their answers. You, now, rarely get to speak with the same person twice. We went through 4 mobile mortgage brokers for a simple construction loan, and all failed, (one did die during the process), which we were not informed, of so I was continually calling the mobile of a man who was deceased. We are negotiating our way out. It is a shame as ME were excellent when we first joined them

Very Persistant

Yes we have been wit them over 10 years and they were ok, but in recent years they are so unreliable and tell some good lies to cover their you know what.

hardinlaw

hardinlawasked

Why was my post Help for the dissatisfied rejected? It was an honest attempt to give people a path to making contact with ME Bank. A reading of the Reviews shows lack of contact is a major problem.

Get an answer from our members and ME (Members Equity) Bank representatives