Medibank Pet Insurance

Absolutely shocked at 40% increase

While I understand that there will be a premium increase as my dog ages, he turned 11 in September, I have been astounded by an increase that is just over 40%.This also happened without any prior notification being received, apparently an email was sent but didn't arrive at my end, so now that the first monthly installment has been debited I am now locked in for a further 12 months.Be aware , I knew that there would be an increase, but 40% is hard to take, I feel that this is done because they know that you can't change insurers with an aged animal.Not happy, I would definitely not use Medibank Pet Insurance again.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Very disappointed

I have both two dogs with the medibank pet insurance for 10 years, the claim was reasonable. The first dog past away in Feb and they refunded me the remaining monthly fee from the day he past away. My second dog past away on the 4th Sep. I contacted them on the 24th Sep and try to terminate his insurance. I thought the termination date is the date he past away, However, they said they can terminate the insurance from the 18th because that's my payment date. Even I can send them the proof from vet. They just rejected to consider that. Means I am paying for the insurance with a past away dog. Very disappointed of what just experienced. I have rescue a dog last month but I may not choose medibank anymore.

Hi Karl,
I am sorry to hear about your experience with cancelling your Pet Insurance.
We’d love to look into this for you. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Pickles

PicklesPerth

Update: new condition and excellent service

Carole P.

Carole P.Perth, WA

Don't waste your money!!!

The policy was easy to set up and have been with Medibank Pets for a few years now. Every time I put in a claim I usually have to back this up with a phone call because they don't want to pay for anything. Sometimes I have quoted directly from their policy booklet and then they have paid.

They cover the bear minimum. In the last year I have spent $7235 on my dog, including the insurance. I have received back approx $425. It is worth me saving the $1700 per year and using that to pay a third of the costs of the vet bills. I have just put my last lot of claims through and I will be terminating my insurance.
Don't waste your money and go with someone that doesn't query every single claim.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Hi Carole,
I am really sorry to hear about your experience with our Pet Insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Anthony M.

Anthony M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Struggling to get a claim approved

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Medibank P.Medibank

Came through when we needed it!

You never quite know how good an insurance policy really is until you have to make a claim. In our case the claims process was easy and user friendly, and the payments prompt, efficient and easy to track on the pet portal. Can't fault Medibank's Ultimate Pet Insurance and would not hesitate to recommend.

Claim DateAugust 2019

Hiromi E.

Hiromi E.Sydney, NSW

Very disappointed

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim DateAugust 2019

Margaret Giles

Margaret GilesCentral, TAS

Save stress and put your money in your own account

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Yvette A.

Yvette A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Super Fast Easy Claiming. Stress Relief

Took away the added financial stress at a time when our sick pet should be our #1 concern. Fast refund 2-3 days. Love the easy online pet portal. Quick & simple. Thanks Medibank, this is how customer service should be.

Claim DateJuly 2019

Vik

Avoid this insurance lie the plague

A massive ripoff insurance product. Under its banner, Medibank lures its health insurance customers into its pet insurance that PetSure runs. Petsure makes sure it sets the premium so that it does not pay out more than the premium collected. The premium for one of my dogs went from about $500 when I insured him as 3 month old puppy to about $750 the next year and almost $1,000 the next year. I cancelled the insurance. You are better off putting this kind of money in the bank and paying the vet bills fully with that money. I wish I could rate this product as zero, it deserves no star. Vik

Claim DateJanuary 2019

Jay Morris

Jay MorrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I wouldn't let Medibank insurance handle my stool let alone any insurance

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2019

Brigitte

BrigitteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't even bother

I have been with medibank pet insurance for almost 7 years. A few weeks ago I had to rush my beloved cat to the emergency vets as it turned out her small intestines spontaneously telescoped and she went in for surgery to have that section of intestines removed. I was on emergency care, because you never know when something like this can suddenly happen. $5500 later, I put in my claims to medibank desperate for the money I had borrowed to be paid off, only to receive a letter, after chasing it up for 3 weeks, that nothing, not a cent would be paid. Even though the entire this is itemized, not a single thing is to be covered because apparently this emergency was not the right kind of emergency. Waste of time and money.

Insurance claim madeYes

EugSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking increase in Premium! Stay AWAY!

Eug

I received your generic message like this one 21 days ago and you already have all my details. Nothing but stretching the time since. So please don't pretend that you care.

Great Customer Service

I really wanted to give a shout out to Rafael who had done all her best in providing the best customer service to my dog and I. She heard my story and felt that she needed to give all she has got to get my long pending claim for my pet's vet bill processed, as I was on the verge of cancelling my pet's insurance.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Nakita

NakitaAU

Medibank Pet Insurance

The claims portal is easy to use and the statements are easily understandable. Our vet seems to understand what information is required and we have not had to supply further evidence of our claim. We've had a good experience with our claims to date.

Linda Weeks

Linda WeeksSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid, its not what you think

Anastasia

Anastasia

Incompetent and unconscionable practices

Number of Pets3 pets
Medibank P.Medibank

Our pet insurance Kept our beagle alive

Our 6y/o beagle , Samwise the Brave ingested some unknown substance before Easter . This resulted in a catastrophic gastrointestinal event . Pancreatitis, bloody vomits and diarrhoea.Aspirate Pneumonia and finally mega esophagus and an esophageal stricture...The only way we were able to keep saying ‘yes’
to the vets treatment plans was Bessie’s we took out Medibank pet insurance when Samwise was a puppy .... We cannot recommend this product enough ... our beagle is alive because of the expert Vetinary care we could keep saying ‘yes’ to .... Thankyou

Provided information I needed

Ive been a member with MBP pet insurance for a few years and have been lucky enough not tot have to claim. Spoke to Rafael tonight about how I do this for a claim I need to make. She was kind and knowledgeable and helpful.

June 17th 2019 Update: Best pet insurance around

I've recently have had many & high cost vet bills. Medibank's pet insurance has been an absolute life saver. Claims paid fast & refunds were better than expected & easy to submit. A big thank you to Medibank Pet Insurance.

Claim DateJune 2019

Theresa Castano

Theresa CastanoPerth, WA

Fantastic Pet Insurance

I have been with MBP pet insurance for about 4 years. They have been brilliant, have always been extremely easy to deal with and have always settled my claims within days of me lodging. Very satisfied customer and highly recommend them to anyone who is looking at pet insurance options.

BARBIE

BARBIEasked

The conditions state that any applicable excess is per condition and for a 12 month period . What is the period referred to . Is it the calendar year January to December ?

Please advise urgently ..

Hi Barbie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Anna

Vanessa

Vanessaasked

Hi, i have two dogs and one cat to insure. Will it be cheaper? Also we currently have our private health insureance with you.

Hi Vanessa,
Thanks for getting in touch.
So that we can look into that for you, please send us a private message with your details. Alternatively, please don’t hesitate to contact our Pet Insurance team on 134 190 from 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday & Saturdays 9 am to 4 pm (AEDT) for assistance.
Thanks,
Anna

Nilu

Niluasked

Hi,
For the claim what is the meaning of Pet History . Do you need vet history from the birth. I got my pup when he was 8 weeks old and he didn't have a vet visit prior to that because he was a health puppy. His first vet check up was around 8 weeks old and didn't have any health issues so far. If I make a claim in the future would it be ok to have pet vet history from 8 weeks old.

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

Medibank Pet Insurance Essential Pet Care

CategoryPet InsurancePet InsurancePet Insurance
Contact Number 1300 974 9601300 974 9601300 974 960
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNo
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Health, Life and TravelBusiness, Health, Life and TravelBusiness, Health, Life and Travel
UnderwriterHollardHollardHollard
Tick Paralysis$1,000$1,200$1,200
Emergency Boarding Fees$500$1,200$800
Lifetime Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Cooling Off Period30 DaysNoneNone
Consultation Fees$300$300Up to applicable annual limit of $300, if condition covered
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600$2,600$2,600