Medibank Pet Insurance

2.1

Mango

MangoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Did anything they could to get out of having to pay

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Hi there,
I am sorry to read of your your recent experience with our Pet Insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Ymint

YmintSydney Surrounds, NSW

Not worth the money

MedibankMedibank

Do not touch with a barge poll

Don’t waste your money. They grasp at straws to not pay out! They charged me 2 lots of excess for one consult because there were 2 seperate conditions. They should be ashamed of themselves especially in this climate. This is why insurers get a bad name because they’ll do anything to keep your money

Gail

GailPerth, WA

Fantastic insurance cover & service

We insured our beloved late 13yr old dachshund Benji with Medibank! Well what can i say but they have been fantastic throughout our journey with our baby - always there for information when i called, helpful, polite and got the job done. Claims done swiftly, money paid in quickly and without them we could not have given our darling Benji the care and treatment he required in his 13 years in our forever home. I would highly recommend them and if we have another fur baby will most defenitely use them again. Thank you Medibank and also for your kind message after the passing of our beloved Benji....

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to provide us your comments and giving us 5 stars.
- Mary

Pet insurance increase by 40% in one month

Would never use them again with our next dog. They increase the premiums by a ridiculous amount because your dog is getting older even though we have insurance for ten years with them on the same dog. Absolutely disgusted. Will change our health insurance as well because of this disgusting act by them.

chou f.

chou f.Sydney, NSW

Ultimate pet care is Ultimate rip off!

Worst insurance in the market. Never again will I insure pet through this mob. Every claim submitted has $200 excess deducted, so am reimbursed sqwat. May as well not submit claim for anything.

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything further we can do to help.
Hayley

Nicki

NickiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Happy

Recently put in a claim for my 13 year old cat's iodine radiotherapy. All I had to do was forward the receipt & the vet's treatment notes - very easy. It was paid in under 2 weeks. I'm very satisfied with the service!

Number of Pets3 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog

Hi Nicki,
Thank you for taking the time to share you positive experience. We're very pleased to hear that your claiming experience was so straightforward, and we hope that your cat is feeling better soon.
Thanks, Hayley

Julie

JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent claim outcome

I just had my first ever claim for a major pet surgery of over $10k. I received the full 80% cover (less $200 excess) within 3 days of the paperwork being submitted. The vets submitted their invoices via e-claim, Medibank sent a text to let me know it had been received and I then monitored the claim via the pet portal, a few days later the money was in my account.

Hi Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We're happy we met your expectations and hope to continue providing you with the same prompt service in the future.
Thanks, Hayley

Rumz

RumzPerth, WA

Unfair company

Look elsewhere! As soon as your pet gets sick and old they increase the premium at random. Also the excess is deducted every time you make a claim. I'm with them for almost 11 years as I have no choice and cannot leave now. Paying $130 every month now.

Hi there,
I'm very sorry about your recent experience. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.
Hayley

Good value

Good value. Cover my consultation fee and vaccination and easy to make a claim over the pet portal. Happy that my cat health is in good hand and looking forward to her future vet visit.

Hi there,
Thanks so much for your 5 star review. We're really glad to read you are happy with your cover.
If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to reach out via private message.
Kindly, Jade

Fred

FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Complete ripOFF

Policy a waste of money
Well over a month
ELEVEN YEARS
Also had policy for previous dog for 4 YEARS.
ONLY BONOUS IS I DONT PAY THE OVER THE TOP FEES .
Would not recommend

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2019

Hi Fred,
I am sorry to read about your recent experience with our Pet Insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details so that we can assist.
Joshua

Jennyl

JennylGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing treatment of a long term member

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Hi Jenny,
I am so sorry for your loss. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.
Anna

Worst people to deal with!!!!!

Dog ate some poison and needed to throw it up with medication immediately. Apparently not covered for that with full cover protection. $1400 a year for a 9yo dog.yes she may be a big bread but no excuse was given. Just blatantly said no, not covered for that.
What a load!!!!

Claim DateNovember 2019

Hi Kristian,
I am sorry to read about your recent experience with our Pet Insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Joshua

BryanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed after being a loyal client for 10 years...

A recent trip to the emergency and a rejection of a $150 claim prompted us to review our Bronze Paw cover which over time has become pretty useless as it turns out...

As it turns out, there is no option to upgrade this if your cat is more than 9 years old (ours are 10) even though we've been with Medibank from the start...

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2020

Hi Bryan,
I am sorry to read you haven’t been able to change your Pet Insurance cover. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Hi Anna,

Additional details requested have been sent.

AEG3012

AEG3012Canberra

Worst insurance product I have ever had

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Hi there,
I am sorry to read of your recent experience with our Pet Insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Krystal

KrystalPerth, WA

Don’t waste your money!

Terrible value for money! I’ve been paying for this “insurance” (and I use that term very lightly) for years and whenever I submit a claim I never get barely anything back! It’s almost to the point of fraudulent! Highly highly highly recommend not getting this insurance as it’s a COMPLETE waste of money!

Claim DateApril 2020

Hi Krystal,
I am sorry you are not happy with your Pet Insurance policy. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Nicole

NicoleMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent!

Processed claims and had money back in our account in 2 days! Cancelled our policy for us automatically when we had to euthanize our cat. Highly recommend and will use again. Thank you Medibank.

Lolly

LollySydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst Pet Insurance

Worst policy decision ever. I am totally disappointed that I have been paying for several years and never got one cent back. What a waste of my money. All the claims that I submitted have always
" not met the criteria"

Donna

DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would not be without pet Insurance

I have been with Medibank for coming up 10yrs and I have no problem lodging my claims and get it back in 3 to 5 days depending on when I placed it

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Hi Donna,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
It is lovely to read about your positive experience with our Pet Insurance.
If there is anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Anna

Mel ShoeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Total scam. Dreadful service and ridiculous exclusions

First of all, every time you need to call these people put aside an hour and have a Valium handy. Worst service I’ve ever experienced. But aside from that the policies are basically a rort. Obnoxious amounts charged, ridiculous exclusions and just a nightmare to deal with. I previously had 3 pets covered for 5+ years... so they’ve made a fortune out of me for doing very little apart from raising my blood pressure. Today I cancelled the lot and will also be referring my complaint to the appropriate advisory bodies.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Number of Pets3 pets

Hi Mel,
I am sorry to read of your experience with our Pet Insurance team.
I just sent you a private message so that we can help resolve this. Thanks, Anna

Hi Mel,