Medibank Pet Insurance

Ultimate, Essential, Emergnecy (See All)
See the Best Pet Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Medibank

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (26)
    • 1-2 weeks (21)
    • 2-4 weeks (12)
    • 1-2 months (10)
    • 3+ months (12)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (50) · No (33)

Zoe T.
Zoe T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cannot fault Medibank pet insurance

We signed up to Medibank pet insurance when we rescued our one year old staffy cross back in 2018, and I couldn't be happier with our decision. Around a year later, our formerly perfectly healthy dog started having seizures and she was diagnosed with epilepsy, cue lifelong medication and testing. It has been an easy process to claim Ruby's tests and medication every couple of months, and I'd say we come close to maxing out our limit each year which for us makes our policy fantastic value for money. Refunds received in about a week. Never had an issue with any of our claims or customer service. We have our health insurance with Medibank too. Great value and quality insurer.

Sandi
SandiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have to pay for operations in full before they give refund

If your getting pet insurance to cover those large bills for thousands of dollars for an operation DON’T get Medibank. You have to pay the whole amount up front then put in the claim. As a pensioner there’s no way I can just come up with that sort of money. I also got pre approval before the operation. There are multiple other pet insurance companies that the vets put in electronically and only pay the out of pocket which is how insurance should work.

Steel
SteelPerth, WA

Do Not use Medibank for your Pet

I paid my policy on the 25/06 as scheduled. My beloved dog then passed away on the 11/07. I put a claim in on the 15/07 for the final vet appointment where he was euthanized. I then sent an email saying that would be my final claim (obviously). They notified me on the 17th that policy would be cancelled as of the 15th ( I would have thought 11th but whatever) but any claims could still be submitted. I then get email on the 18th saying my claim will not be paid because I cancelled it on the 24/06! Now I have to chase them up when I have just lost my dog which is the last thing I need. Totally poor treatment for someone who has just lost a member of their family. I hate this company and will never use them for anything.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Claim Made No

Hi there,
I'm sorry about your beloved dog's recent passing. :(
I have sent you a private message so that we can further assist you.

Suzy
SuzyPerth, WA

Waste of my money, broke claims down so excess applied to individual items = no claim payout

Initial policy was good value, affordable. Increased dramatically after my first claim when my dog was 6. Jumped from $1,100 last year to $1,700/yr for the current year.
Claimed 6 times in 12 years - total claims $1,990.00
Final claim for vet visit (prior to cancelling policy) was broken down into amounts less than my excess of $200 so I received no rebate on $400 vet check up for my 12 year old pup.

Hi Suzy,
Thank you for contacting Medibank and we're very sorry to read about your experience with Medibank Pet insurance. Please reply to our DM so we can grab your details and assist you further.
Kind Regards,
Neha

Find out how Medibank Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

What a nightmare!! Consumer Protection here I come.

What a horrible experience!!!!! I received misinformation from a Customer Representative that I could take to Consumer Protection. Completely their fault but still trying to receive my claim money. 3 separate rude customer service consultants. The only saving Grace for them was a resolutions representative (too bad it had to get this far) who is the only one trying to do anything to help. Shame on you Medibank for using our beloved pets to rip us off. Complete misinformation is a breach of code of conduct that Consumer protection law covers us for and you won’t even complete the resolution process.

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi Rebecca, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I will send a private message to assist. Kind regards, the Team at Medibank.

Yoyo
YoyoVictoria

Do not even consider Medibank as your option

Makes too many mistakes. You submit a dispute and they take 30 working days to respond. Their system needs to be updated or needs knowledgeable staff to deal with claims. Something is seriously wrong within the company to make so many errors.

Hi there,
I'm very sorry that you haven't had a good experience with Medibank. We have sent you a private message so that we can assist you further.
- Mary

Don't try and cancel a policy after someone dies cause they have no clue.

If I could rate the experience of trying to cancel the policy a zero I would have - zero empathy, zero respect, and a lack of understanding. Unable to even read emails and respond in the correct manner. Rote emails are nothing designed to cater to canceling policies after someone dies.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Camille M.
Camille M.Sydney, NSW

Excellent customer service

I just want to express my gratitude to Raymar from the Medibank Customer Service team who helped rectify an error that had occurred with my policy that had affected my pet insurance claim. Raymar was very sympathetic, compassionate and sensitive to my current circumstances and managed to find a timely solution, which involved multiple teams. Thank you Raymar for your professionalism and keeping me informed during the whole process. Thanks

Hi Camille,
Thank you for taking the time to submit this lovely review. I'll certainly pass it on to Raymar's manager so his great work is recognised.

High cost, low return

I have had 2 differences insured with Medibank for many years and at one time they were very good. Now I am very disappointed with the fees that have almost double in 2 years (with very few and only minor claims). Recently we claimed nearly $1000 worth of vets bills and we got back less than $250.

Caroline Tilson
Caroline TilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incredibly unhelpful

I have been a medibank private customer for almost 20yrs, when we tried to insure our pet the woman on the phone was so rude and unhelpful we decided to go elsewhere.

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi Caroline, we’re sorry to hear of your experience with Medibank’s Pet insurance. Please get in touch with the pet team on 132 331 if you have any further questions. -The Team at Medibank.

Perth dog loverPerth, WA

DO NOT go with Medibank Pet Insurance - Wish i did my homework 12 years ago!!!

Have been with Medibank since 2008/9 on the recommendation of a friend, my dog is now 13. I have made one claim since signing up and last week i tried to make another claim (which actually relates to the first claim they paid out on) and they conveniently label it something else and won't cover it. DO NOT GO WITH MEDIBANK, if i did my homework better in 2008 i would not be thousands of dollars out of pocket with nothing to show for it. And as mentioned by others they increase your premium significantly once your dog gets to a certain age!!! If i could rate them no stars i would!!!!

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hello, we’re sorry to hear of your experience with Medibank’s Pet insurance. Please get in touch with our team on 132 331 if you require assistance. -The Team at Medibank.

Adz
Adz

Avoid avoid avoid, absolute rip off, every possible exemption under the surface of the sun

Lodged numerous claims for my little puppy who has had a few accidents, and have effectively received $0 benefit in having the policy, considering the premiums we've been paying. I would have actually been better off not having the insurance, and paying the bills direct to the vet as I would have saved money on the premiums. There are much, much better alternative insurance providers out there, without the ridiculous exemptions/loop holes and waiting times that these thieves are offering. Worst investment ever.

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi Adz, we’re sorry to hear of your experience with Medibank’s Pet insurance. Please get in touch with the pet team on 132 331 if you have any further questions. -The Team at Medibank.

Gary Downey
Gary DowneyCentral West, NSW

Must have

Extremely easy to deal with well worth the cover. Ease of mind when our doggo suffered a snake bite knowing she was covered. I would definitely recommend for any pet owner.

Hi there,
Thanks for submitting a 5-star review!
- Mary

The best pet insurance there is for me and all my girls past and present.

Yes it's a bit more $ wise, but I have peace of mind for my Boxer girls. I have claimed a lot with my 2 previous Boxers and MEDIBANK was always more than helpful...

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi Carol. Thank you so much for your review. If you require assistance, please send an email to Mobile.Feedback@medibank.com.au
-Kind regards The Team at Medibank

Terrible dont waste your money with this lot

Medibank P.MedibankSend a private message

Hi Jason, we’re sorry to hear of your experience with Medibank’s Pet insurance. We understand your complaint has been reviewed and an outcome was offered. Please get in touch with the pet team on 132 331 if you have any further questions. - Jade

Jason M.