Medibank Pet Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (18)
    • 2-4 weeks (12)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (10)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (43) · No (27)

Doris H.
Doris H.Sydney, NSW

What a disaster

Insured my cats for half a year then finally find that I can't claim anything anyhow because I don't have a full medical record.
How am I going to see a doctor if I haven't seen a doctor before?

Medibank P.Medibank
Doris H.
Doris H.Sydney, NSW

Rediculus insurance policy, claims can never proceed.

I've been with them for half a year now and I have two cats both in the same policy. I've made 3 claims in total and none of them are proceed. So what am I paying for if all I need is to pay in full amount? All the claim is "routine care" except the the last claim where they can't find any more excuses. The insteaded put my claim on hold and started asking me to provide a full medical history since my cat's birthday, otherwise they can't proceed the claim. I can tell they're trying everything to reject my claim. I've never been asked to provide my medical histrory when I claim my insurance. I still have my private insurance with them but I'm going to cancel everything with them right away after this about to be rejected claim.

Hi Doris,
We are sorry to read of your experience with our Pet Insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Tennille
Tennille

Great customer service

I’ve been a customer with Medibank pet insurance for 10 years now. I have made claims in the past and they’ve usually been dealt with quickly and reasonably fairly - although make sure you read your policy carefully so your expectations are right! Recently I dealt with their customer service team and I had a wonderful experience with staff member Christy. Even after our first interaction had ended (and I thought I would have to escalate further) she continued pressing my case and reached a very satisfactory outcome for a long term customer. She is a true example of going above and beyond for the customer, and should be commended. Her customer service turned my experience around and made it entirely positive. Thanks Christy!!

Over 30% Increase in premium

In the time I was with Medibank Pet Insurance I didn't make many claims, but the ones I did were very easy and were processed by the vet and paid into my account.

However, the recent premium jump of over 30% from last year is too much to swallow. I selected the option of '4' to discontinue my cover on the phone, and have had more than enough time to read other reviews, sign up here and write my own.

Like others here, I was a loyal customer who has been with this company for my pet for over 7 years now.

Technically I am still with this company, as they wont' answer my call . . .

MedibankMedibank

Hi Luke, I’m sorry to read of your experience with Medibank’s Pet Insurance. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and organise a call for you. – Thanks, Jade

bob
bobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent customer service

I had a problem since two different vets had not filed claims as they promised. I called you and your representative was courteous, knowledgeable and patient with me. Would recommend your service if this is typical of the quality of your personnel. Thanks.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Bob, we’re so glad to read of your experience with Medibank’s pet insurance! If there is anything we can help you with, please reach out.
Kindly, Jade

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Disappointed
DisappointedPerth, WA

Disappointment

I have been a customer for 12 years, never had to make a claim until recently which was very slow in processing. Needed to follow up numerous times. I wanting to remove my excess on this policy I understand it will increase my premium but this is not a option now. Why?? just can not be done, any other insurance company will allow you but not this one. Truely disappointed

Claim Made No
MedibankMedibank

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear your recent claim was slow to be processed and that you had to follow-up numerous times. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and escalate this for you.

Thanks, Jade

Deborah
DeborahMid North Coast, NSW

Best Pet Insurance with excellent care factor for its members!!

great value pet insurance, fast claim return, was sorted in no time,
i have been with this company for ten years with my poodle and 7 years with my Maltese.
i would not want to be insured with any other company!
in difficult times Medibank Pet Insurance is the best you would ever want to be with, the service is above all others. Thank you Medibank Pet Insurance for having my pets backs! We can rest assured that you are there for us.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Deborah, thanks so much for your lovely review! We're so glad to hear of your experience with Medibank's Pet insurance. If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to reach out here, via DM. Kindly, Jade

Katey
KateyCanberra 2600, ACT

Prices increases and what do you get?

Well don't I feel like I have been taken for a ride! I took up the policy when my dog was 3 months old and he is now 7. The premium has more than doubled in that time and that is after I have lowered level of cover. I cringe at the thought of the cost had I not lowered the level of cover. I pay more for pet insurance than I do for my own health insurance. If I had made large claims, I wouldn't be disputing the increase but I would have been financially better off had I saved all the money and self insured. I have paid thousands over the years and every time I receive the renewal, it seems less is covered but the premium is increased. What am I getting for all the price increases? My advice would be to save your money and self insure!

Shannon D.
Shannon D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terms and conditions created to get them out of paying claims!

I feel like a real chump. 9 years of paying premiums and when my dog starts having issues last year it appears that the way the terms and conditions are written it gets medibank out of paying claims most of the time. Then to have a big claim and then realise its not covered at all on silver paw. And that was me paying $1400 per year in premiums. Anyway I just cancelled and was told that even though I just paid a fortnightly premium and that puts me 2 weeks ahead that there is no refundsies on that. Yepppp. Really look into the ts and cs when deciding who to go with, I wish I did.

Hi Shannon,
I am sorry your recent Pet Insurance claim wasn’t paid. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Remi
RemiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

CRIMINALS!!!❌❌❌

❌❌❌Do not ever sign with this scum of a company!! With them for 5 years and only made my first ever claim last month for multiple lumps on my dogs body. So instead of paying the excess on a ONE time consultation, they decided to charge me my excess on EVERY single lump on my dog!! ABSOLUTE criminals.. will find every reason under the sun to try to screw their own customers over! Do not ever sign with medibank for anything!❌❌❌

Plus for a so called "Australian" company..they use slave labour for their OVERSEAS call centres which are absolutely useless!! Customer service... more like scam telemarketers! ☠☠☠

Hi Remi,
I am sorry to read of your experience with our Pet Insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

reliability preferred
reliability preferredWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

claiming is anon stop hassle use another provider

claim submitted at new vets in January asked for previous vet history they contacted previous vets got history. claim paid
new claim 3 weeks ago once again asking for vet history same process told me they received it but a week later asking for vet history again just going around in circles. have had dog since pup but they argued i just got him. stuck with this insurer due to history now but have another pet with another insurer runs smoothly. claims must not communicate with other departments

MedibankMedibank

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had with your recent claims. I’ve just sent you a private message to grab some details and escalate this for you. – Jade

No message received I write this review whilst emailing ( auto response received but nothing else today ) and on the ph with representative( no resolution abd ciukdny find a complaints officer )

Bianca
BiancaNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Again another bad experience

Every time I need to use the insurance (for which I am paying over $116 per month I might add) medibank comes up with another excuse why they don't have to pay. I have an insurance cover for our almost 11 year old dog that has a $200 excess, the rest should be reimbursed by the insurance, or so they tell me. Our dog rarely needs to go to the Vet, but every single time they make it an effort to get the money back. To be honest, it might be easier to save the money in a piggy bank until I need it, since medibank pet insurance is a nightmare to deal with, they either don't come back to me or find an excuse why they can't pay the particular invoice. Absolutely won't recommend these guys.

Jimmy
JimmyMelbourne

Careful - check your cover today.

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi Jimmy, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to reach out here, via a private message, and we would be happy to assist. - Cath

Melanie O.
Melanie O.Perth, WA

Do not recommend! Stay Far Away!

Do not recommend . Both my dogs have “ultimate care” plus routine care we are paying 190 a month and they cover basically nothing I have ever tried to claim for . Tried calling to cancel about 10 times on hold for at least 30 minutes . Please stay away and rethink if your considering joining.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Melanie, I’m so sorry to hear of your experience with your pet insurance policy. I’ve just sent you a private message to see is there is anything we can help you with. – Jade

alexxmc77
alexxmc77Sydney, NSW

Just changed from RSPCA to MediBank, better value for money and exceptional customer service

Great value
Had lodged a complaint about my policy payments not be dedicated correctly, and the customer service I received from Liana was above and beyond
Just changed to MediBank as I have been with the health insurance side for some time and wanted to try out their per insurance

MedibankMedibank

Hi Alexxmc77, thanks for your lovely review. We're so glad to hear of your experience with Liana.

Kindly, Jade