• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (22)
    • 2-4 weeks (15)
    • 1-2 months (17)
    • 3+ months (22)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (75) · No (16)
NickyP
NickyPWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Many thanks for assistance

Good value domestic policy, easy to set up, taken out at time of booking a Kimberley Adventure Tour. Normally use Southern Cross, but we are Medibank Health customers, so actually made sense to utilise their travel insurance. Very glad we did. First ever travel claim. Unfortunately received a medical diagnosis just before balance of holiday booking was due, forcing cancellation. Easy online claims process relating our deposit refunds (didn't want the travel company credits offered) and pre-booked domestic flights. Claim settled in full within the 10 working-day advisory period with no further documentation required. Funds received a couple of days later into nominated bank account. Many thanks for assistance.

Hi Nicky,
Thanks for submitting the lovely review.

Bob
BobSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Value for money travel insurance.

Our trip was Cancelled/unable to be taken because of medical reasons, at my first and every other contact I was treated with understanding by the very professional, informative and friendly staff.
I had some issues extracting the information required from the travel company but Medicare Travel Insurance were very understanding and helpful.
My claim was assessed and resolved in full.

Wayne
WayneTasmania

Exceptional service from initial quote and taking policy to lodgement of claim and settlement.

We had never taken any travel insurance with any company before and found Medibank very competitive in the quote process. Taking the policy with Medibank and setting it up was very easy. Unfortunately, due to the Covid19 Pandemic our whole trip was cancelled. After seeking and receiving refunds from our travel agent a claim was lodged with Medibank for the for the balance outstanding. The online claim process was simple and processing was prompt. We received a full refund of items claimed. 100% satisfaction !!

MedibankMedibank

Hi Wayne, we’re so glad to hear of your experience with Medibank. Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. If there is anything we can help you with, please reach out. - Jade

Kevin White
Kevin WhitePerth, WA

Excellent travel Insurance.

We booked a Cruise/holiday Mauritius to Venice which was unfortunately canceled due to Covid19. After extensive unsuccessful communication with our travel agent I submitted a claim with MedibankTravel Insurance who have promptly accessed and paid out on that portion of unrecoverable cost within 3 weeks. Thanks to those staff members who were so helpful to us. I would not hesitate to use Medibank Travel insurance for our future travel.

DestinationEurope
MedibankMedibank

Hi Kevin, we're so glad to hear of your experience with Medibank travel insurance. Thanks for your lovely review! - Jade

Great package and service

I will definitely purchase another annual domestic policy if I am doing more than one trip in a year - very good value.
I had to make a claim due to a flight cancellation and Medibank insurance got back to me with an approval for extra expenses paid within 10 days.

MedibankMedibank

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
golfer
golferGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service and very thankful

Unable to go on a fully paid up expensive International golf trip to the USA - April 2020 due to Pandemic
Online claim process was easy along with a very helpful Travel Agency who provide documents and personal communications to MB when requested.
Claim took 5-6 weeks with no particular hassles.
I am so very thankful my claim was paid out in full and I thank you Medibank travel
Used medibank travel policies before but have never claimed will certainly use again.

MedibankMedibank

Hey Golfer, thanks for your review! We’re so glad to hear of your experience. - Jade

Claim experience has been good - sort of...

Cathy Merakis
Cathy Merakis

Unfortunately due to Covid our travel plans were all cancelled. As our holiday was fully paid for our travel agent was wonderful in recovering most of our funds. We submitted a claim for the remainder with Medibank travel insurance and within 3 weeks our claim had been approved and funds received. Thank you to all staff at Medibank for our hassle free experience.
Angelo & Cathy

Hi Angelo and Cathy,
Thanks for submitting this wonderful review.
We're glad we were able to assist you with your travel claim.

This is so perfect

The policy was excellent.
It only took about a month to resolve my claim and main reasons I think for a delay was because of festive season, all in all am happy my claim was resolved on time
It was my first time

Hi Tracy,
Thank you for your 5 star review. We are happy your claim was resolved. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Thanks, Anna

Worried mother
Worried motherFadden 2904, ACT

This was the first time I used Medibank travel insurance. Our trip was cancelled due to COVID-19. Initial contact with insurer was supportive and professional. After waiting several months for airline to process refunds, I submitted a claim and received an outcome within 2 weeks. I will definitely be using this travel insurance in the future. Well done!

MedibankMedibank

We're so glad to hear of your positive experience. Thanks for leaving your review, and if there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out. - Kindly, Jade

K and E Treeby WA
K and E Treeby WAPerth, WA

Experience of Claiming due to COVID-19

This past year I have been insured with Medibank Travel and have unfortunately had to claim for losses due to cancellations brought about by travel restrictions. Medibank Travel offer several methods to submit a claim. They were very efficient in dealing with the claims and were very fair in refunding once all the required details and confirmations were provided. They were happy to communicate by email both to myself and my travel agent to get all relevant information to satisfy the claims. I will most likely renew my insurance with Medibank as soon as travel becomes safe again.

MedibankMedibank

Hi K and E, thanks for your review. We’re really glad to read of your experience with Medibank’s travel insurance. If there is anything we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Kindly, Jade.

Kathy
KathySydney, NSW

Thank you for a great customer experience with my claim

Thank you to all the team who assisted me with my claim, especially in such difficult circumstances for everyone during COVID-19. Everyone was very polite, helpful and informative. It was a very smooth experience. Thank you Kylie, who was my first interaction and guided me with me initial claim, then Brittany, Carol, Nick, Thomas and Ruth C. Very appreciated and I hope to travel again in 2021/2022.

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeYes
MedibankMedibank

Hi Kathy, thanks for your lovely review! We're so glad to hear about your experience with the team. If there is anything we can assist you with, please reach out. - Kindly, Jade

retired617
retired617Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We are so pleased that we had all of our Travel covered by Medibank Travel Insurance

Not only was the policy of good value and moderately priced but it covered us for the unexpected COVID-19 crisis. Our claims were dealt with within 6 weeks which was great considering the demand on them.
We have use Medibank Travel on three occassions and in each case we have taken out the Annual Multi Travel package

Hi there,

Thanks for submitting a positive review. :)

Frances Linnett
Frances LinnettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy customer

Medibank health customer for many years and travel insurance x 2. First time travel claim as a result of COVID. Delighted with the outcome,of a refund. Many thanks to Medibank.

DestinationAustralia
Bernie
BernieDarling Downs, QLD

Great Relief in Time of Need

Our policy was easy to set up via phone in 2019. After using Medibank travel cover twice before, made our first claim ever in 2020. Staff were very helpful each step of the way and within a few weeks, we had a positive outcome. Thank you for acting on our behalf.

GaryGasked
Travel Insurance

Medibank Travel /Zurich rejects claim, Good to Go /AIG paid identical claim -covid 19 not regarded as a natural disaster
Three of us travelled together and had to return to Australia early after our tour was cancelled as borders were closing due to covid 19. This involved purchasing emergency return airfares. One of us was insured with GoodToGo / AIG travel insurance, the other two were insured with Medibank travel insurance/Zurich. Claims were made to both insurance companies. Both claims were initially rejected because covid 19 is not regarded by them as a natural disaster. Medibank will only recognise geological and meteorological natural disasters not biological ones. AIG subsequently paid the claim under cancellation expenses. Medibank/ Zurich did not pay the claim. They would not recognise the return fares as either necessitated by the covid 19 natural disaster or as a cancellation expense. They say it is an additional expense not covered by the policy even though getting home was a critical part of our trip expenses. I argued that covid 19 is “Natural” and a “Disaster”. The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania in the USA agrees. (Some good arguments in the court ruling if you are in a similar position.) l have made a complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority. I have insured with Medibank travel insurance before. This was the first trip where we needed insurance. Big let down. Next time we will try AIG. My Medibank medical insurance will also be reviewed.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Gary, I’m very sorry to read that your claim was rejected.

I have just sent you a private message to grab your details and escalate your complaint.

Thanks, Jade

GaryG

Following a submission to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) which argued that covid 19 was a natural disaster, Medibank/ Zurich paid the claim for the emergency return airfare less the amount for the cancelled airfare which we hope to get refunded by Latam airlines. A fair outcome. The staff at medibank have always been easy to deal with. Interestingly our travelling companion made an addition claim on his AIG insurance which they paid out but took back the money they had initially paid for the return airfare by deducting it from his additional claim refund.

Miss Ibisasked
Travel Insurance

I purchased Medibank private Travel insurance in July 2019 for a trip to Hawaii planned in May 2020.
Due to COVID-19, our flights have been cancelled and am not able to negotiate ANY refund from the owners of our STAYZ booked accommodation.
I've only been given the $300 USD bond back from the $5500 AUD I originally paid. VERY disappointed with STAYZ cancellation policy. It's such a lot of money to lose :(
Can I claim on my Medibank Travel Insurance for this cancellation? I agree with some other reviewers that the COVID-19 notice on their website would indicate that a claim could be lodged and approved. Does anyone know? Thank you :)

Hi Ibis,
I'm very sorry about your experience and we'd love to see if we can help. I've just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Joshua

Thanks Joshua
I have responded to your private message :)

Sue C
Sue Casked
Travel Insurance

Hi there, I have a comprehensive overseas travel policy. I was due to fly to the UK in early March but had to cancel due to illness. I have a doctor’s certificate to that effect. My problem is that I assume that I need to make sure that I do everything I can to mitigate the loss before I make a claim. I had a non refundable fare on Singapore airlines booked through Webjet. I understand that Singapore airlines will offer a flight credit to be used within 12 months of the date of the original booking which was May 2019. I also understand that this deadline may now have been extended - because this is all second hand information through Webjet and it’s very difficult to contact them by phone I haven’t been told this directly. Because of the Covid 19 situation it seems unlikely that overseas travel will be possible for the remainder of 2020 even if airlines survive, so I think I have lost my money practically speaking but I wanted to find out what your policy is in these circumstances. I have been on hold on your ‘contact’ line for 2 hours 15 minutes With no reply which is pretty shabby customer service. I would appreciate any help you can provide. Many thanks, Sue Carter

Hi Sue,
I am sorry you’ve been waiting long to speak to our Travel Insurance team. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.
Thanks,
Anna

See all Medibank Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and Medibank representatives

Medibank Travel Insurance

Compare all 5 Medibank Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Health and LifeHealth and LifeHealth and LifeHealth and Life
UnderwriterZurichZurichZurichZurich
Maximum Age Covered 99 years old99 years old99 years old99 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedNot CoveredNot CoveredUnlimited
Accidental DeathNot Included$10,000$10,000$25,000
Emergency DentalNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) Optional cover for 26 weeks26 weeksOptional cover for 26 weeksOptional cover for 26 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedNot CoveredNot CoveredNot Included
Loss of IncomeNot Included$2,000$2,000$10,000
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$10,000$10,000$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$250
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$750
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Maximum Single Item Limit $300 (Any Items)$300 (Any Items)$3,500 (Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$300$300$8,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $5,000,000$5,000,000$5,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included$4,000 plus up to an additional $3,500 as optional extra
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Not IncludedOptional Cover 200cc & belowOptional Cover 200cc & belowOptional Cover 200cc & below
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included