Brian

BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will use Medibank travel insurance again

We have traveled overseas many times and have never had to make a claim until recently when my wife fell ill. Very glad we switched to Medibank insurance. Made claim when we got home, wrote explanatory notes, set out clearly what we were claiming, got documents from our travel agent and had our GP do his bit. Sent the lot off and were quickly advised that our claim was being assessed and within days notified of its acceptance and then received the refund in 3 days. Very impressed.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNew Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Emily

EmilyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great peace of mind and claim turnaround

Easy to set up. Claimed for being sick on our holiday - submitted online. Procedure was lengthy which I understand they have to verify your receipts/invoices with your story. Received a confirmation email that the claim was submitted successfully and that they would get back to me within 10 business days.
Got back to me within 10 days and my claim was accepted.
Easy, no hassle. Will be using this travel insurance for future trips.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim DateNovember 2019
Tracy

TracyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is perfect experience

I felt the policy is good value and easy to set up.
It takes me 4 workings days to resolve my claim.
This is my first time to use this insurance company.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Claim DateNovember 2019

Terrible prolonged claim

My flight home from Thailand was cancelled and I had to purchase additional flights as I am a Midwife and had to be in the country for a birth. Two months later still waiting for my claim. I am a gold
level Medibank health insurance customer but apparently the loyalty doesnt cross over to travel insurance. Really disappointed. Have sent follow emails going on two weeks now and havent heard anything.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations

Hi Judith,
I am sorry to hear about your experience with submitting your Travel insurance claim. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. We would love to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Alan HogarthPerth, WA

Great Travel Insurance

My claim came about as my wife passed away prior to the planned cruise. The cruise line would only refund less than half of the total cost. I contacted Medibank Travel Insurance and found them very helpful by sending me the claim forms. I was able to complete the claim forms and provide the required documents. The claim was accepted and I was very happy with receiving the full amount of the claim less the $250 excess. I would have no hesitation in recommending Medibank Travel Insurance to friends etc. As I plan taking a holiday to Thailand, be assured I will be taking out your Travel Insurance.

Sherry A.

Sherry A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to claim, need lots of Evidence

Was easy to make a claim, asked for lots of supporting docs so make sure to read terms & conditions. The claim was resolved in a timely manner. Customer service could be better. However everything else was good.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for submitting your review. If there is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Anna

John Pesch

John PeschSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claim for domestic travel

We fully paid for a holiday beforehand but before we left i had an accident and seriously injured myself so was unable to go. My wife summited a claim for the total amount for the two of us because there there were no refunds applicable from the travel company. My injury was suffered just before we were due to leave. After receiving our claim Medibank asked us for some more detail and the person who contacted us from Medibank was friendly and helpful when we asked him some questions relating to the Medibank request for further information. The claim was handled promptly and we were delighted when advised that our claim was successful.

Break a leg in Iceland

Break a leg in IcelandSouth East Queensland, QLD

You have to have a go (at a leg break) to get a go (at insurance claims).

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations

Shocking Experience

Shocking experience. Pregnancy complications forced a cancellation however a letter provided by OB was not sufficient. They wanted a GP letter instead. Due to moving cities we didnt have a GP for longer than the required 12 months as they needed to verify this was not an ongoing medical issue. Sorry, what? A specialists letter isnt good enough? Joke. The entire cover is less than impressive and the experience with the claims team terrible.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Hi there,
I am really sorry to read of your experience with submitting your travel insurance claim. We'd love to look into that for you. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

I do not believe it.

I do not believe it.

Pre Existing Conditions

We have been loyal members for over 40 years and have just been refused insurance because back in 2007 my husband had open heart surgery. My question is, how long is a patient punished for an illness that happened nearly 13 years ago. We have been all over Europe, Asia & the Pacific with no problems at all and always had insurance which covered the heart. We have applied and has been declined for a cruise around Argentina. WHY?????????????

DestinationSouth America
Claim MadeNo

Hi there,
I am sorry to read that you have just been refused insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

I wrote the above message a week ago and Medibank informed me that travel department will get in contact with us. Still waiting for a phone call

SJ

SJ

Dont bother cause they wont pay you a cent

I have been fighting with these crooks for almost a year now . I had over $2000 in cancellation fees due to my mother having a stroke . They refuse to pay . Do not use them they are over priced and useless

Claim DateNovember 2018

Excellent service

I felt the policy was excellent value as it turned out.
I lodged a claim and it was covered within 2 months.
Covermore who were the underwriters for you were excellent and the nurses for Medibank were ringing me every day.
Excellent service would definitely recommend and use you again.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Barb W

Barb WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Well worth taking out for Domestic travel

My Husband had a nasty accident one week before we were due to travel.
Luckily we had taken out Travel Insurance even though we were only going
to Queensland. So glad!

Tegan

TeganSydney, NSW

Issue still not resolved

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Jacobite

JacobiteSydney

Medibank Travel insurance does what it should - you can rely on it

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationAustralia and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Barry

BarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simple claim but fully satisfied with process and result this time.

Have travelled three times to USA, Europe and UK and made two claims. First claim 3 years ago was problematic, but eventually resolved in my favour. This small recent claim was handled without fuss. I would use Medibank again.

Hi Barry,
We are glad to read of your positive experience with submitting your Travel Insurance claims. Thanks for taking the time to submit your lovely review. - Anna

Trudi

TrudiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Travel Insurance claim was Prompt and helpfully handled.

Got Medibank Travel Insurance for one of my trips, had to make a claim this time. Was so easy, staff very helpful and accurate in time frame of assessment. Very happy and will use again.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Travel insurance is NOT travel insurance

We travelled overseas and where supposed to have Back-To-Back cruises on the same ship. Half way through the first cruise the sip broke down and as a result the cruise ship required dry-dock and the rest of the fist trip and the second trip were cancelled necessitation we return home. A claim was submitted and declined upon our return.

Nonajane

NonajanePerth

My sister and I had planned a cruise, 2 months prior to departure, she suffered an injury. My only issue with the process being the absence of the release documents for the travel agent and GP, it would have been far quicker if all the required documents were provided at the outset, rather than wait for them to be requested. I would, however recommend this company.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateJune 2019

Joeblow

JoeblowGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Experience. Simple and Responsive

This was the first time I have used the Medibank Travel Insurance.
I had a hire car issue overseas and needed to make a claim.
Very impressed by the simplicity of the Online Claim Portal. Equally impressed by the very prompt and positive response in settlement of the claim

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess