Happy Customer

How refreshing when you state that you will contact me in 10 days and you actually do and with my claim processed.
I claimed on medical expenses which occured whilst I was overseas.
In the past I had to battle for 6 months with another travel insurance company and that included me having to constantly call and email them. I will be sticking with Medibank travel insurance from now on.

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Peter - South Australia

Peter - South AustraliaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A positive experience for loss of personal effect.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2020

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your lovely review. We’re glad to read of your positive experience with submitting your Travel claims. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Thanks, Joshua

Skiing accident with delayed charges

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Hi there
Thank you for your lovely review. We’re glad to read of your positive experience and it's great to have that peace of mind. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Thanks, Joshua

Appreciative claimant

Appreciative claimantGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent attention to our claim

The quality of attention given to our claim was excellent and was courteously managed. My husband contracted a near fatal infection whilst overseas, which has left him seriously disabled. The result of our claim will assist with recovery and mobility needs.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Avoid Medibank - Cancellation Costs

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear your recent flight was cancelled and that your travel claim wasn’t covered. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Grimey

Grimey

No response to claim query

I emailed 'medibank-claims@travelinsurancepartners.com.au' on 17/11/2019 to ask if I was covered for losses associated with cancellation of outbound flights from my home town on two consecutive days. I got a reply saying "We will endeavour to respond to you within 24 hours." I had no response by 2/1/2020 so sent it again and got the same response. At 12/1/2020 I have still had no response. Doesn't give me much confidence. Might try ringing, I had a good response from them when we queried what to do in the event we could not get to our Sydney Perth flight because of the NSW bush fires..

Claim MadeNo

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear you haven’t received a response to the email you sent to our Travel Insurance in a few weeks. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help.

Completely satisfied

I arranged my policy over the phone when I booked my holiday at the beginning of the year. This is the first time I have ever had to make a claim and I am thoroughly happy with the way that I have been treated by the company. They always responded within or before 10 working days to each of my emails and always remembered to ask for identification to keep my case secure.
The staff were all friendly and helpful and all seemed keen to get my case resolved quickly which they did. I can thoroughly recommend them based on my experience.

Hi Ann,
We are glad to read of your positive experience with submitting your Travel Insurance claim. Thanks for taking the time to submit your lovely review.

Fantastic Service

I found Medibank Travel Insurance to be very helpful, sensible and prompt in processing my claim. The claims staff gave good practical telephone advice. I will definitely use them again.

Hi Brian,
We are happy to read about your positive experience with our Travel Insurance. Thanks for your lovely review and for giving us 5 stars. If there is anything else we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Thanks, Anna

A professional organisation.

I have used your travel insurance twice within Australia. I would certainly recommend your service. I suddenly needed to cancel my trip planned for September 2019 and was not within the cancellation period.Claimed on the off chance of being successful.Correspondence was always respectful and informative ....I am very elderly. Have travelled extensively for 60 years. Never claimed before. Congratulations on handling my claim so professionally.

Hi Joan,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to provide us with your lovely review.
If there is anything we can do to help, please dont hesitate to get in touch.
Have a lovely Chsristmas and a happy New Year! -Anna

Brian

BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will use Medibank travel insurance again

We have traveled overseas many times and have never had to make a claim until recently when my wife fell ill. Very glad we switched to Medibank insurance. Made claim when we got home, wrote explanatory notes, set out clearly what we were claiming, got documents from our travel agent and had our GP do his bit. Sent the lot off and were quickly advised that our claim was being assessed and within days notified of its acceptance and then received the refund in 3 days. Very impressed.

DestinationNew Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Emily

EmilyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great peace of mind and claim turnaround

Easy to set up. Claimed for being sick on our holiday - submitted online. Procedure was lengthy which I understand they have to verify your receipts/invoices with your story. Received a confirmation email that the claim was submitted successfully and that they would get back to me within 10 business days.
Got back to me within 10 days and my claim was accepted.
Easy, no hassle. Will be using this travel insurance for future trips.

DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Tracy

TracyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is perfect experience

I felt the policy is good value and easy to set up.
It takes me 4 workings days to resolve my claim.
This is my first time to use this insurance company.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

Terrible prolonged claim

My flight home from Thailand was cancelled and I had to purchase additional flights as I am a Midwife and had to be in the country for a birth. Two months later still waiting for my claim. I am a gold
level Medibank health insurance customer but apparently the loyalty doesnt cross over to travel insurance. Really disappointed. Have sent follow emails going on two weeks now and havent heard anything.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Hi Judith,
I am sorry to hear about your experience with submitting your Travel insurance claim. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. We would love to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Alan HogarthPerth, WA

Great Travel Insurance

My claim came about as my wife passed away prior to the planned cruise. The cruise line would only refund less than half of the total cost. I contacted Medibank Travel Insurance and found them very helpful by sending me the claim forms. I was able to complete the claim forms and provide the required documents. The claim was accepted and I was very happy with receiving the full amount of the claim less the $250 excess. I would have no hesitation in recommending Medibank Travel Insurance to friends etc. As I plan taking a holiday to Thailand, be assured I will be taking out your Travel Insurance.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Sherry A.

Sherry A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to claim, need lots of Evidence

Was easy to make a claim, asked for lots of supporting docs so make sure to read terms & conditions. The claim was resolved in a timely manner. Customer service could be better. However everything else was good.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for submitting your review. If there is anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Anna

John Pesch

John PeschSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claim for domestic travel

We fully paid for a holiday beforehand but before we left i had an accident and seriously injured myself so was unable to go. My wife summited a claim for the total amount for the two of us because there there were no refunds applicable from the travel company. My injury was suffered just before we were due to leave. After receiving our claim Medibank asked us for some more detail and the person who contacted us from Medibank was friendly and helpful when we asked him some questions relating to the Medibank request for further information. The claim was handled promptly and we were delighted when advised that our claim was successful.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

Break a leg in Iceland

Break a leg in IcelandSouth East Queensland, QLD

You have to have a go (at a leg break) to get a go (at insurance claims).

Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations

Shocking Experience

Shocking experience. Pregnancy complications forced a cancellation however a letter provided by OB was not sufficient. They wanted a GP letter instead. Due to moving cities we didnt have a GP for longer than the required 12 months as they needed to verify this was not an ongoing medical issue. Sorry, what? A specialists letter isnt good enough? Joke. The entire cover is less than impressive and the experience with the claims team terrible.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Hi there,
I am really sorry to read of your experience with submitting your travel insurance claim. We'd love to look into that for you. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.

Pre Existing Conditions

We have been loyal members for over 40 years and have just been refused insurance because back in 2007 my husband had open heart surgery. My question is, how long is a patient punished for an illness that happened nearly 13 years ago. We have been all over Europe, Asia & the Pacific with no problems at all and always had insurance which covered the heart. We have applied and has been declined for a cruise around Argentina. WHY?????????????

DestinationSouth America
Claim MadeNo

Hi there,
I am sorry to read that you have just been refused insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

I wrote the above message a week ago and Medibank informed me that travel department will get in contact with us. Still waiting for a phone call

SJ

SJ

Dont bother cause they wont pay you a cent

I have been fighting with these crooks for almost a year now . I had over $2000 in cancellation fees due to my mother having a stroke . They refuse to pay . Do not use them they are over priced and useless

Claim DateNovember 2018