Metropolitan Plumbing Adelaide

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Airconditioning issue, incorrect diagnosis & price gouging

Prompt with call out, fixed price even for weekend however that’s where the positives end, advised of incorrect fault with air conditioner & told had to be replaced, given ridiculously expensive quote of $4490 for this - 2.5kw unit. Engaged alternative company who advised of different problem & air conditioner repaired for $375, now working perfectly. I have just read a similar review from someone else - I too would have liked to give negative stars. Legitimate question - are the technicians even qualified?

Paul D

Paul DMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Be warned!! Their service technicians are not honest!!!

It's a pity I can't give this company negative stars. My 85 year old father called them to have a look at his air conditioner as it was blowing warm air. He was told that the compressor had failed and the unit had lost its gas. He was then quoted $8000 for a split system (7 times more expensive than the average) and $20,000 for a new ducted unit (2 times more expensive than average system). I dropped past to see the quote and had a look at the control panel. I simply put it on cool mode and the unit started cooling the house. Strangely enough, it's working beautifully on a 42 degree day. I would never recommend Metropolitan Plumbing for any services. You lied to an elderly couple. Disgraceful

Pleased with the result.

Last week we discovered we had a gas leak in our house, we called Metropolitan Plumbing and they came to investigate. After spending an hour here and being unable to locate the leak, the technician told us he could keep exploring (at additional cost), or just replace the pipes. We chose the latter option at a cost of $6,000. The work was done quickly and effectively. The technicians were very knowledgeable, and they had new pipes fitted within hours. It is an expensive problem to have fixed, but having it done at short notice meant we were only without gas to cook and shower for about 24 hours. They are quick to follow up and make sure that everything has gone well. We will keep them in mind if we need any future work done.

Verity

VerityMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fast turn around by Daniel 773784

Here was for the evaporative cooler, was really polite honest and fast paced. Really happy with how he conducted professionalism and coutesy with a fast response rate to fix the problem.

Rebecca

RebeccaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fixed my leaking toilet

Thank you guys so much.
Worked with me to fit in my schedule.
Very knowledgeable and efficient.
Cleaned up with themselves
and the finished product looks great.
Reliable local honest service.

Helen

HelenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Must have hot water

Very fast service and on time installed new hot water service and guy was great.
Quite expensive but when you have no hot water no time to get other quotes.
Good job

Sean

SeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic work

Service with a smile. Proficient & excellent.
Thank you so much joe for coming out on a Friday to sort out a few issues around the house. Your professionalism is second to none.

Raymond C.

Raymond C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Job no. 764290

Worried about our sinking pavers, thought we have a leaking/cracked storm water or sewerage pipe, called for a camera inspection. Chris came and carried out the inspection. He was quite efficient and explained thoroughly the findings to us. Happy with the findings..

Gas Leaks

Chris was so helpful, he picked up so many faults in the gas work I wasn’t even aware of. He and the office staff were so flexible and very friendly.

Customer Service M.Metropolitan Plumbing

Good job done quickly with little fuss - job 764262.

My hot water service sprang a leak, shorting out the electrics in my apartment. Chris came early and quickly identified the problem and clearly explained the process of replacing my hot water service. Kosta completed the job with a great attention to detail. Both Chris and Kosta were super courteous, helpful and respectful.

Gas leak

Job number 764178

Streamlined booking process though head office very efficient technician arrived within the hour

Was able to identify and resolve issue with gas cootop leak and make compliant

Thanks to chris

Melissa

MelissaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent service by Daniel and Caleb. Plumber out same day. Advised was under warranty and saved a whole lot of money. Would recommend this company to anyone. Thank you very much

Mel

MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

New hot water system

Chris was punctual and got the job rolling quickly. Kosta arrived to complete the job. It was a big job to convert my 2 storey in roof system to a new mains system. Kosta completed the job the same day. Nothing was too much trouble. He explained everything and made sure the customer came first. Very friendly and great service. Would definitely recommend this company and would have no hesitation to use this service again in the future.

Louise

LouiseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Thanks Daniel for installing my hot water system today. You were very professional, thorough and informative and the job was done with care. I would recommend Daniel for excellent service. Louise

Clare O.

Clare O.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Exceptional Service

I was very impressed and grateful for the prompt and professional service provided by Metropolitan. In particular, I appreciated the various courses of action and detailed explanations provided, and the excellent listening skills, courtesy and good humor displayed throughout. I would definitely recommend Metropolitan to all my friends.

Customer Service M.Metropolitan Plumbing

Our technicians' knowledge and expertise enable us to be a leader in our field and we pride ourselves on the high quality work our technicians deliver to our Customers. Thank you for your great review. Kind Regards, Metropolitan Plumbing. 762772

Good experience

Jn 762710

Joe was very kind and knowledgeable and helped us fix the issue in the fastest way possible. Thanks so much for coming out on a Saturday .
Good experience overall

Customer Service M.Metropolitan Plumbing

Our aim is to have your problems resolved quickly and efficiently with minimal impact to you. We are so pleased to hear we met our aim and thank you for sharing your positive review. Kind Regards, Metropolitan Plumbing 762710

Hot water system replacement

We had a gas leak in the old hot water system & the pressure wasn't high enough to run hot water into the dishwasher. It was also non compliant where it was so we decided to replace it with a new unit.
The work was professionally done & I am pleased with the result.
Job no 762321.

Customer Service M.Metropolitan Plumbing

Thank you for this great review. We pride ourselves not only on the technical knowledge our plumbers have but also how extremely proactive they are to ensure long term solutions are provided to all our Customer's. Kind Regards, Metropolitan Plumbing.

Contacted them as our Hot Water System blew up. Very well explained and a fast, efficient service. Highly recommendable company.thank you very much Chris and Terry for getting the job done

Customer Service M.Metropolitan Plumbing

We are so pleased we resolved your issues. As an emergency plumbing company, we aim to be onsite as soon as possible and have our Customer's problems resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible. Kind Regards, Metropolitan Plumbing

Alex K.

Alex K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Blocked drain

I had issues with a blocked drain, they came out on the day to sort it. Explained the situation very well. Cleaned out the drain and sent me through plans for my drain. Thanks Terry! Job number: 761082

Customer Service M.Metropolitan Plumbing

Thank you for your positive feedback. We pride ourselves on our exceptional Customer Service and are pleased we were able to help on this occasion. Kind Regards, Metropolitan Plumbing.

Deborah

DeborahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Water leak in kitchen

I was very happy with the service and the plumber that came out was very quick and efficient replacing burst mixer tap in the kitchen. Very informative, Chris gave me plenty of options to move forward. Thanks heaps water back on in quick time

Customer Service M.Metropolitan Plumbing

Thank you for sharing your experience. We aim to have your problems solved quickly ensuring your home is safe and livable again with minimal impact to you. Kind Regards, Metropolitan Plumbing.