Michael Hill

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (48) · No (334)

J.Wick

J.Wick

Terrible customer service

The initial visit to browse the product went smoothly however my returning 4 visits (for purchasing and resizing) were all met with rude, standoffish behaviour from all the staff. They gave poor welcomes and told me misinformation different from their website. I got the vibe they were biased (potentially racist) because when another customer entered the store, all faces were smiling and greeting them from across the store, however, I was given intense stare downs. They didn't want to greet or help me until I approached them at the counter and said hello. This happened every single time and frankly, made me resent visiting the store.

All the bad reviews about Michael Hills are true. Don't buy from them. I regret the purchase.

Fantastic service

Jules in the Cairns store was amazing, she helped my partner pick the perfect ring and now the perfect wedding band to match! Constantly getting compliments, and whenever I'm by the store I get it cleaned and polished. My partner purchased the extra so that I can get it re-dipped as many times as needed, have already done once and that was a really quick turn around. Wedding band arrived way faster than expected and was an easy process. The girls in store are always really happy to help with anything.

Poor quality expensive product and poor customer service.

Very expensive, yet very poor quality. Charging repair fees even when there is a receipt provided.Area manager was offensive and doesnt even know how to compute. No proof of conversation as phone calls are not recorded.

Valerie
Valerie

You already did. Giving me a 50% off the repair fee... I can use that money to grab a cheaper jewelry that might have an even better quality than what you arw selling.

Janelle Evans

Janelle Evans Murray Region, NSW

Resizing my ring

Excellent help with resizing my ring. Had it resized but still too big. No problem in dieting sizing. Very helpful

Store LocationAlbury
Customer S.Michael Hill

Hello Janelle! Thank you so much for reaching out, I am glad you are happy with the ring resize and the team instore assisted so well. Kind regards, Michael Hill customer service.

Mel

MelSouthern and Hills, SA

I will only shop at Michael Hill

I have purchased jewellery from other stores in the past and learned from experience, that Michael Hill is the only shop that exceeded my expectations on everything, from excellent customer service to great range and value for money.

Lin

LinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service impeccable Thankyou Lynelle !

Choice of product was fabulous ... The piece in which was sold to me wouldn’t have been better if I designed it for myself ..... The price was perfect & within the price range I was looking for , and absolutely no unexpected charges ... The shop assistant in which I will call Lynelle was so experienced,qualified in knowledge I felt so safe within my purchase . I would have know hesitation in referring anyone to Michael Hill in Wagga Wagga .

Michael Hill

The store display at Micheal Hill is great, and there are always pleasant and friendly staff at the Mirrabooka Store.

Wendy Todd

Wendy ToddGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The manager is amazing

Wonderful service from Jane in Werribee can not say thank you enough. Love my ring. Will always recommend. Love this shop

adz

adzMid North Coast, NSW

great friendly staff

"Great customer service that made me feel welcome and valued."
As a valued customer i was also able to receive a further discount on the items i had purchased. Very happy.

Merryl S.

Merryl S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love diamonds and Michael Hill has the best

"I've spent a number of years purchasing jewellery from Michael Hill and it's also very convenient to where I live."

Judy

Judy Perth, WA

It was all about the service

Tracey at the Karrinyup store was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and I left as a very happy customer and my purchase was perfect

Sharon

SharonCentral West, NSW

Nice ladies!

Helpful, informative and willing to go the extra mile. Very patient and professional. They took their time with me answering all quesions I had.

Justin

JustinSydney Surrounds, NSW

The service and overall experience

I was very Happy with the price and the product! I was given all of the monetary information before I purchased my bracelet and it was a lot cheaper than I was expecting!

Stephanie B.

Stephanie B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Repair of Bangle & bracelet

The locket on my gold bracelet broke & the diamond and clasp broke on my bangle. I had taken out insurance on the bangle so it was repaired for free but I paid for locket replacement which I felt was reasonable & am very happy with service I received

Robyn O`Brien

Robyn O`BrienCentral, TAS

I love Michael Hill jewelry, that's why I keep purchasing it!

The willingness of the staff to ensure that your purchase experience is one to remember, along with the beautiful jewelry that you have your heart set on to take home with you.

Casey

CaseyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Absolutely everything! I can't say enough good things about them. They are so smiley and happy. So helpful!

My partner absolutely loved the ring I got him and if it wasn't for the lovely lady that served me I wouldn't have known about the matching necklace that I also got. They offered me the lifetime warranty which I got for both products and it was so cheap! The jewellery was incredible quality and reasonable priced!

Lorraine

Lorraine Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Review

Before I buy from MH, if I'm not happy with color, clarity will ensure they get a better piece in.

JesseNew

JesseNewSouth Australia

Not a good vibe.

Michael Hill in Adelaide City sold my brother in law a diamond ring assuring him it would be able to be resized to the size his fiancé needed. Upon returning to get it sized he was told it could only go down two sizes otherwise the diamonds would pop out. She is now stuck with a ring that is way to big for her and flies off at any moment. They also sell a “Lifetime Care Plan” but do not bother mentioning that you can only use it for repairs up until the value of what you paid for the ring is reached.
They do not give you accurate information and clearly just want the money in their till.

Neutralite

NeutraliteSydney, NSW

Avoid

Claire78

Claire78Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Michael Hill happy to sell sub par diamonds at an above par price

F-maree

F-mareeasked

Michael Hill

Hi. bought a men's ring a few years ago and purchased the lifetime warranty. The ring was half shiny, half brushed finished but the ring very quickly lost its brushed finish and rubbed smooth. Its been unworn for two years and I'd like to get it restored so Will you repair or resurface it to its original finish under the lifetime warranty?

Customer S.Michael Hill

Hi, Thanks for reaching out to us and we are sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. Our recommendation would be to visit your local store so they can assess the ring and advise you further.
Thanks Tamara

Joy garcia

Joy garciaasked

Michael Hill

Does michael hill accept upgrading?

Hi Joy,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
We have recently made changes to our Trade Up Policy and for purchases made after July 2019 the trade up option is no longer available. The following information however is unchanged. You would need to meet the below requirements to be eligible for the Trade Up option.

The lifetime trade-up policy provides you with the opportunity to upgrade your diamond ring at any time. You will receive full credit for the original purchase price, provided that it is simultaneously applied towards the purchase of another Michael Hill diamond ring with a full retail purchase price at least three times the value of the original purchase price. Trade-up purchases under this policy are not subject to discounts and must be made at the full retail price. To be eligible for the lifetime trade-up, the original ring must have been purchased under the diamond promise program and surrendered in undamaged condition, less reasonable wear and tear.

You must present your original sales receipt along with the certificate of authenticity, lifetime diamond warranty and, if applicable, the original independent diamond certificate at the time of trade-up. The diamond ring surrendered must meet the description in the certificate of authenticity in order to be eligible for the trade-up. Coverage under the lifetime trade-up policy begins at the time of initial purchase and continues for the lifetime of the individual purchasing the ring or in the lifetime of the first person the ring is gifted to. This is defined as the owner lifetime. Owner lifetime ceases if ownership is subsequently transferred to another party.
If this is something you would like to go ahead with and you are eligible, please let me know. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. You can email customer service at online@michaelhill.com.au or speak with your local store.

Kind Regards,
Jessica

salaht a.

salaht a.asked

Michael Hill

Hello, I have an engagement ring and wedding band set from Micheal Hill. It’s almost been 4 years. Do you trade in or buy back? I have only worn it for for less than a year

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you no longer require the rings you purchased a few years ago. As Michael Hill do not sell second hand or worn items, we do not have the facility to buy jewellery or sell jewellery on behalf of customers.

We would recommend looking at on selling via a private means e.g. Specialised jewellery auction, Estate jewellers, Ebay etc. I would recommend arranging to have the ring valued (with the relevant certification) as this will allow you to ask for a more reasonable price closer to the absolute value.

Kind regards,