2Michael Hill

WajahatDarwin, NT9 posts
UnhappyCustomer
UnhappyCustomerSydney, NSW12 posts
  Online store

Better shop elsewhere if you can

With the price drop, the online store would not match it despite it being not delivered. After a lot of complaints and writing the review, finally they have sent a giftcard. Also, product care plan was sold with the explanation that it was more expensive to resize it outside the plan but turned out that it was complimentary resizing with online purchases. Anyways, after all the hassle, mixed experience and will definitely try elsewhere to see if they offer better service next time Show details
Berni and Shane
Berni and ShaneFar North Queensland, QLD

Excellent staff service

We were served by Echo at Cairns Central store and she was genuine, warm, friendly and very helpful. Thank you for this wonderful service. Show details ·  1
Abhishek Shrestha
Abhishek Shrestha

Very Bad Customer Service

Very Bad Customer Service. They just want to increase their sales but not care to provide genuine feedback while selling product. Recently purchased wedding ring for my wife worth $5k - $6k which was in clearance for $2.4k but the sales person didn't provide us feedback that it wouldn't fit, we can only re-size up to certain size and it will not fit you even after re-sizing and should have just mentioned that you are not the right size after checking the finger size. Should have encouraged us not to buy basically and ask us to look for other designs.
They don't want to help any more and now the ring is just sitting in my drawer as can't wear it because it is loose and there is high risk of falling and loosing.
Very much disappointed!!! Show details
Clare B.
Clare B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
Deb
DebWestern Australia6 posts

Wedding engagement set

Went looking for a replacement wedding engagement set, not something that fills me with joy, but Caroline at the Elizabeth store was fantastic, someone you could go have a coffee with. We looked here first and the ring set I liked was picked, we went looking elsewhere. When we came back she had keep that set aside for me so it was still available without even being asked to. Great service fully explained the added cover so my rings will stay like new, can't recommend her enough. Thanks Caroline. Show details ·  1
Sarah
Sarah5 posts

Poor quality necklace

I will not be shopping with Michael Hill again. My daughter received a necklace for Christmas and wore it 2x and on the second wear it got tangled. When I tried to untangle the necklace it broke. I took it straight back to the store and the sent it to repair and completely refused to repair it unless I buy another one to replace it and spend more money. I’m very disappointed as it was a gift and I won’t be shopping at Michael Hill again. Poor quality.
Very poor quality and bad customer service. Show details
Julie E.
Julie E.
Ankita Gupta
Ankita Gupta2 posts

Bad experience

For being such a big brand they don't really provide any great service or CS. They don't honor even if you are their 10year old customer. I have been purchased worth $10k NZD worth of jewellery every year. My recent purchase had 3 diamonds come off for which I was asked to pay 40% of the whole product cost just to repair 3 diamonds my whole bracelet has got 18 diamonds. I was left with no service at all for such a huge expenses I made towards my Bracelet. Very unfair and inconsiderate towards loyal customers. Not recommended them. Show details
Shirley
ShirleySouth East Queensland, QLD15 posts

Cheap, inferior overpriced products

Border bracelet last year during the Sales so paid almost $400 first for my friend for Christmas. She opened a Christmas day. She had the bracelet a total of 2 1/2 weeks and the whole thing is starting to break. She did not wear as in all the 2 1/2 weeks only a few times. Brought it back to Michael Hill first of all they told her. Oh well that’s just wear and tear so she brought it back again and they sent it away so she got it back and they want $240 to fix it even though it’s still under the 12 month warranty. Show details
Carl B
Carl B
  Physical store

Both of the ladies I dealt with did as they promised & we’re both very helpful in making my decision. Show details ·  1
Andrew Warren
Andrew WarrenDarling Downs, QLD2 posts
  Fair Incentive Physical store

Anniversary ring purchase

Wife loves the ring. Was custom made to her taste and came back exactly as she requested. Great experience, great staff, nice store, will definitely return and recommend to others Show details
Robyn
Robyn

Best Shop! Love it

"I love Michael Hill and all my jewellery is from your store. I love the ladies that work at the Elizabeth shop! They are always so helpful and nice" Show details ·  1
Bamboos
BamboosSouth West, WA

Repeat Customer for a reason

"From my perspective the store and staff were excellent. I couldn't fault them on any of my visits. Sometimes we browse and choose not to buy and aren't made to feel unwelcome. So, we always return to Michael Hill Eaton". Show details
Donna
DonnaSydney, NSW
  Fair Incentive Physical store

The staff are friendly

The staff are friendly and have extensive knowledge of the items. I like that the staff sat with us to make sure our every need was met and answered everything, they went out of their way to make sure the necklace and opal would work as I am severely allergic to silver. Show details ·  1

Haley B.
Haley B. · Michael Hill

Hello, my husband brought me a morganite diamond ring around 10 months ago, at the time it wasn’t in stock, was a brand new range and the display ring in window fit me perfectly. I recently noticed one of the stones has fallen out, and would like it replaced. We cannot find the receipt, but do have the date of purchase/price and store on our bank statement, if I go to the store surely they could search up the purchases for that date, would my bank statement and the ring in question serve as proof of purchase in this instance?

Bec
Bec · Michael Hill

Hi

I’ve got a wedding/engagement set purchased at the end of 2019. Up until this year there’s been no issues. However I’ve lost the same stone out of the same setting in my engagement ring three times this year and only a few weeks between the last two times! Last time it was replaced I asked for a full inspection just in case, if it was done or not is a different question.

At what point can I ask for a store credit or refund? I shouldn’t have to not be able to wear my ring because it’s getting stones replaced all the time, not to mention the hour and a half each way trip to the closest store. This is getting ridiculous.

Suzie
Suzie · Physical store

Hi there, I bought a silver and diamond crossover ring in Nov 2019. At the time of purchase I was sold the Professional Care Plan for an additional $70. I recently went to the Michael Hill store where I purchased the ring to have it re-sized but was advised by the store that this wasn't covered. I advised that I beleived it was (and having re-checked the Plan is can see that it definately was) but was firmly told that it wasn't and that furthermore the type of ring I had precluded any re-sizing. I have now had the ring re-sized elsewhere without fuss. Please can you advise why the re-sizing was refused by the store under the Professional Care Plan? Suzie

Compare all Michael Hill listings
CategoryPhysical Shops and Jewellery Shops & BrandsOnline Shops and Jewellery Shops & Brands
Offers Free Standard Shipping YesYes
Free Standard Shipping Minimum Order Amount $100$100
Labels Sold Own LabelOwn Label
Buy Now, Pay Later OptionsAfterPay, Humm and ZipPay / ZipMoneyAfterPay, Humm and ZipPay / ZipMoney
Offers Repairs & ServicingYesYes