Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

• MPN: S0972
See the Best Electric Hot Water Storage Systems in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Chromagen

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Ken Brown
Ken BrownSouth East Queensland, QLD

Our Midea 170L is extremely loud!

Our Midera 170L brand new hot water pump is extremely loud. It’s so bad we shut our bedroom windows and it still keeps us awake through the night. It’s like a loud humming noise that is continuous.our neighbors have the same model but aren’t as loud

• Incentivised Review No
  • Household Size 2 person(s)
Wayne
WayneNortheast, VIC

useless in winter

During the summer months we have had no problems , if you live in a cold area {Yea Victoria } during winter the chromagen 250 ltr heat pump is useless , on contacting Chromagen on a few occasions all they say "well we could send out a plumber {cost $150} We now find out its too cold an area to work properly !!

Purchased in at Chromagen Australia for $1,699.

Kim S.
Kim S.Perth, WA

Burst tank

6 yrs and it is dead. Gushing water from anywhere it can force it through. Plastic deteriorated fairly quickly. Never ran out of hot water; however a ruptured tank after 6 years seems to be the experience of many. For the price, that is actually very poor. Replaced with a rheem standard hot water system for half of the price and a twelve year tank warranty. I won’t buy a other heat pump until the warranty and quality matches the sales hype.

Bo h
Bo hSydney, NSW

Useless hot water system

Moved into a rental property
Takes a long time to re heat
Always runs out of hot water
Had to replace with a different brand.
Simply not a very good product

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Happy Gardener
Happy GardenerSouth Australia

Fabulous efficient litte unit!

Love the price, love the performance, love the hot water, love the efficiency, love the quiet, love everything about this unit. We got this 2 years ago under SA's HWS efficiency rebate scheme, and we couldn't be happier with it. We get nice piping hot water whenever we need it and haven't run out of hot water yet. It sits quietly in the courtyard, doing its thing, and uses minimal electricity. We purchased direct from Chromagen and their customer service was great, and the install was a breeze. What's not to love??

Purchased in at Chromagen for $349.

Russell
RussellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The cylinder only lasts till 5Y warranty runs out. Normal heat pumps should last 10-15 years, Rubbish & no support

Terrible and kept running out of hot water for only 3 people cylinder bursts just after warranty runs out, totally unreasonable length of time for unit to have to be replaced. very poor quality and very poor customer service unless you want to buy one every 5 years

Dogsey
DogseyHunter Region, NSW

Already using system after 3 hours after installation.very quick to heat.

Delivery on time . Professional installation.All rubbish removed.Old water system left on site at my request to pass on to someone who may need it.The best thing was installer explained how the system works and said the biggest problem was people playing with the controls of the system after he had set it.If I have a problem with this unit as long I have filled out the warranty form no problem.

Purchased in for $33.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
Jimmy Kingsley
Jimmy KingsleyCentral, SA

Working Great

We got our new Heat Pump Hot Water System (170L) installed a few weeks ago, and it is working great, I was a bit worried that we might run out of hot water, but we haven't yet & it has been fine.

I would definitely recommend getting some sort of UV protector for the screen, we have a bit of film stuff that the plumber gave us, and that protects it a bit from the UV rays.

Just hope it keeps working for several years to come....

Jay
JayCentral, SA

Took my money but didn't deliver a product

I paid for a heat pump hws. Got told an installer would call to organise installation. After 6 weeks I called them back because I had heard nothing. I got told that they couldn't install in South Australia because they weren't approved to give rebates. I am waiting for a refund. Do not trust this company.

Water from unit stinks

I have nothing but trouble with this water unit water that smells like sewerage. I live in the riverland with untreated water your company said this would not be a issue it stinks so bad

MAE
MAE

Chromage Midea is by far the worst experience we have had with a company

Order a new unit after our old unit broke down. Delivery was meant to be 1-3 days. After one week of waiting and numerous calls, we were told to wait for their call back to know the delivery date. They never called back. It took 2 more days of us calling twice a day to hear that their new delivery time was 5-7 days. After 10 days waiting, and more calls, the unit was finally delivered, though not in our driveway but on the top of the road. The box has holes and heaps of impacts.
The customer service has been appalling and we have regretted not following other buyers beware advice.

• Incentivised Review No
lan
lanMid North Coast, NSW

Plenty of hot water for my house !!

I never run out of hot water and its never missed a beat. Yes i have to reset every now and then after power outages but that's no big deal. My bills have also reduced so i'm happy,

Purchased in for $1,350.

shaun
shaunPerth, WA

best thing since slice bread

ok people dont understand these properly so i will explain what i know about this model
eco is compressor only
hybrid is compressor and electric but only in very cold weather eg:below 0c
timers only work when the heater gets to its set temp then the timers take over
yes the screen is rubbish so protect it with some shade cloth
this works with a family of 4,if it dose not,dont buy one you buy these to save water and cost of electric
heat you water to 65c it wont come out the tap at 65c but you need to add cold when you have a shower hence you are using the heat pump storage slower

Purchased in for $1,799.

Max Ross
Max RossPerth, WA

Works for us

We set at 55 degrees. Use Eco mode & timer 1000hrs-1600hrs and with our solar panels costs us zero for HW. Normally 2 in house. Had 7 for a month and with sensible showers coped just fine. Keep the dislay panel cover on and its always legible. Easy to program and very quiet. Installed Jan 2018.

Purchased in for $1,799.

Chromagen
Chromagen A.ChromagenSend a private message

Hi Max, Thanks for the review.

Justin
JustinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great unit - efficient!

Just had one installed. Great so far! I recommend getting solar panels and run using the sun.
Efficient and I get 1 hour worth of continuous hot water when having a shower - which is decent for a 170L unit! Using a high efficiency shower head.

Purchased in at Chromagen Australia for $300.

coco4311gm
coco4311gmasked

Hi my Chromagen Midea 170L heater pump is beeping all the time and now hot water is not as hot as it was. I have turn the power off and waited three min and turn it back on still the same problem can you tell me what may be causing it to beep all the time. Glenn

Deborah B.
Deborah B.asked

We've only had our 170 L heatpump for a few months , no hot water this morning, showing E8 fault. To get someone to come on the weekend to fix it they are going to charge $280 under warranty. My question is how much is it going to cost to keep this thing working? We are disability pensioners and will struggle if we need to keep paying it to be repaired when it runs out of warranty. If it's stuffed will they put our old one back in? After reading the reviews I'm starting to have big regrets.

I had that issue. I turned the HWS off for a few moments. Then it was OK. I think it happens when there is a blip in the current of the elec. supply but I really do not know

Skid D.
Skid D.asked

i have a in roof gravity feed hot water tank,how can a heat pump hotwater system located on the ground have sufficient water pressure when it will be lower than the shower etc.?

Rhynor
Rhynor
See all Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump questions

Get an answer from our members and Chromagen representatives

Details ·