Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

See the Best Electric Storage in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

dannyb54yallourn north

Good hot water service.

Bought May 2019 with some rebate, it cost $799. Replaced Rheem 325 heat pump that was unreliable. Really energy efficient during warm months and serviceable during cold months. So far a definite pass mark.

Purchased in May 2018 for $799.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)

stasiahikisz

stasiahikiszGippsland, VIC

Savings on power bill

The unit is brilliant and the water is always hot and plentiful, even when we have guests staying. We have also noticed a big reduction in our electricity bill which is a great bonus.

Purchased in April 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

JandK

JandKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy, thank you!

I had one put in at my retirement home. 7 month ago. very happy, thank you!
my electricity bill net down a bit, every dollar helps, especially on a pension.

Purchased in August 2018 at Chromagen Australia.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
utao

utaoSydney, NSW

very capable product

We have been using the 170L heat pump over 6 months. It easily meets our daily hot water usage (2 adults with 1 child, 2 showers a day for adults and 1 shower for child, plus kitchen and laundry, and occasionally having 1-2 guests ). Never failed to deliver continuous hot water so far. Have not touched control pad since installation and was told the newer models do not have the 'reset after blackout' issues any more. The price seemed to be dramatically cheaper than some of the top rankers on the heat-pump review page, so I reckon it is offering wonderful value.

Purchased in March 2018 at Chromagen Australia.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

glenys

glenysWestern District, VIC

wonderful unit, for 3 people

It's really a good unit 170litres Midea, the only thing is when there's a power cut have to reset temp in middle of night for water otherwise cold shower in morning, and have to reset clock on unit like you do on microwave when power comes on.

Purchased in February 2019 for $499.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

NeilKC

NeilKCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great investment for our future - read for real feedback

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Pascale

PascaleLangwarrin

The best investment we’ve ever made

This has to be the best investment we’ve ever made! I don’t understand the bad reviews - we’ve had this unit for over 12 months with no issues whatsoever. Delivery and installation were faultless. Our electricity bills have been halved and we are singing this product’s praises to everyone we encounter!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

The Old Bloke

The Old BlokeAU

Insulation is poor so the thing actually costs you more

I got one of these recently to replace a Dux unit that was out of warranty and Dux just didnt want to fix it even if I was offering to pay. Dux are so useless they design units they are redundant - so much for 'sustainability'. Anyway this unit is somewhat quieter but has WOEFUL insulation. I have set the timer for it to run from 8 am to 8pm, this morning when I got up, water was at 30C!! My Dux was so well insulated at least it reattained heat when it switched off overnight/. This is system is better as a pool heater than a domestic HotWater system. It's not such a 'smart' system if you have to keep it on all day to keep sustainable hot water. Big FAIL Chromagen.

Wayne

WayneAdelaide

Serious Design Flaws

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Deborah

Deborahvictoria

Terrible product and appalling service!! Avoid!!

The product was faulty, supplying either inadequate hot water or none at all, and yet my tenant received an increase of 15% on their water bill. When confronted, Chromagen were both ignorant and unhelpful. After many attempts and a week of no hot water, a service provider was contacted by Chromagen and sent to repair the unit. After being informed there would be no cost should the unit be dysfunctional, I then received a bill. I have just been the recipient of a highly abusive and threatening call as a result of questioning this account, being told "I will come to your suburb and make it worth my while!". This matter is still unresolved and I will be taking it further. I highly urge anyone considering this product to seriously reconsider!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

170 lt

Very happy with the service we received after a problem was detected ‘ notified them on FB and they rang me that day, no fuss tradies and simply set it on economy mode without the timer and away it goes, I’ve recommended it to friends and they are going on with it to. Great system

Rubbish and no service

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Recommend it to everyone

I think the people giving bad reviews are either on the receiving end of faulty installation or a faulty product, because we have been running the 170L model since 2106 and and have never had a problem. I suggest you download the manual and have a look at what you are doing wrong? Our household fluctuates between 3-5 adults and 1 child. We are able to shower twice a day, and take baths, run a dishwasher and wash up. We have only run out of hot water once after an excessively long shower (ridiculous) was taken by a guest at night.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Reduction in electricity costs

We have no complaint with our Chromagen Hot Water System at this point in time, the proof of which is stated in our Electricity Statements. dodo Power & Gas: "Your Average Daily Usage was 18.63 kWh for this bill". "Your usage was 25.86 kWh for the same time last year." You would have to be happy with that! We are.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely rubbish

I replaced a good 120 lt off peak unit for the 170 lt Midea heat pump believing the hype that they were cheaper to run plus being larger I would have lots more hot water when visitors stayed, what a joke. My off peak was always hot, the 170 lt Midea we cant even get 2 full showers out of it and most times when I walk outside it's heating up I think it's on more than it's not. My advice don't touch them.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Mike

Have spoken with Chromagen who have informed me it should be set at 60 degrees, they also are sending someone out to check so I will comment more after they have been

lizzy

lizzyBallarat

Much better than my old unit!

Had this installed and am so pleased that we did. The hot water is virtually instantaneous and not at all like the other unit we had - anything up to a minute before the hot water tap ran hot!
Adjustable so that it can be turned right down for when the little ones come to visit.
So far, very pleased with the unit but of course, time will tell.

John Gray

John Gray

Since installation electricity bill is 1/3 what it was i have it set so it only heats during the day as we have 5 KW of solar on the roof.
We are just two but it fulfils all our needs.
Mother inlaw has had hers put in got first bill an is over the moon with the savings

Date PurchasedNov 2017

WORST THING EVER.

Mongrel landlord installed these so he could get all the govt kickbacks. Power bill has TRIPLED> NO OFFPEAK power in the house at all.
I have 2 x 70+ year old neighbours who turn their hot water off all day 4 days a week due to costs.
I get 23 mins hot water in the morning, and then have to wait 4+ hours for it to reheat. We have 190L units.
Absolute CRAP. Now stuck with HUGE bills as the landlord is a fool.

Dasher109