Miele Blizzard CX1

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (30) · No (11)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (4) · No (35)

Martin

MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Miele service is terrible

Had an issue with cord not retracting. Contacted Miele service. It took them 2 weeks to respond initially basically asking same questions that was already answered in the first correspondence. Now after 4 weeks I am still waiting for them to respond.

Purchased in September 2019.

ETJLSydney, NSW

Non-existent customer service and repairs

Our bagless CX1 vacuum broke 1 year after we purchased it. We submitted a warranty claim through AppliancesOnline, where we bought it, who contacted Miele on our behalf. Miele still has not replied to them, so AO can't do anything.

We contacted Miele ourselves, and were told to wait 10-12 business days (that's 2-3 weeks) for a reply. It is ridiculous that this brand tries to portray itself as high quality. We will never again buy another Miele appliance.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online for A$399.00.

ETJL

Terrible quality and price of repair

Do yourself a favour, do not buy this or any other Miele vacuum cleaner. The plastic dust caniste broke on ours, and Miele is now quoting us $216 to send us a replacement. This is literally just a bunch of plastic---there are no electronics or mechanics there. And they want us to pay a third of the price of the whole machine for this stupid plastic canister.

Do yourself a favour and buy a different brand. The top quality ones have lifetime warranties, and will end up costing you much less than a Miele in the long run!

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$599.00.

EMT from Sydney

I am already talking to your customer service, and the $216 is what they have quoted me for the plastic canister.

This is why I left you an honest review that accurately reflects how bad the quality and service are.

Not_happy101

Not_happy101Southwest, VIC

Great vacuum & after sales service

Bought/changed over to the Miele Blizzard CX1 Excellence and glad we did after having a Dyson Cinetic Big Ball vacuum for a few months which lacked decent suction, had to go over the same area 3,4 times to pick up items.

Wish we got the Miele Blizzard from the start. Awesome vacuum no issues very good suction and features. Noticed after a while during the warranty period that the handle and extendable tube plastic parts had cracked/split under normal use and affected the suction performance.

Contacted emailed Mile spare parts advised of situation with pictures and receipt and without any questions or issues sent out the parts without the delay. Awesome after sales support and recommend Mile vacuums.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys.

Gemma Heales

Gemma HealesPerth, WA

Amazing powerful, easy to use, easy to empty

Great vacuum. After asking friends what vacuum they had and hearing Miele Often, I thought I’d look in to them.
I picked this one after looking up best vacuum for long hair. I was sick of cutting the hair out of my old vacuums roller head.
I use this on tiles, low pile wool and high pile rugs and it’s amazing.
It has soft floor setting and hard floor setting.
4 power levels again for hard flooring, carpets, rugs, furnishings ( great for prams and car seats).
Super easy emptying feature, one button no touch. I hated having to get my fingers dirty with my old Hoover.
An 11mtr cord, still can’t reach the whole house obviously but a lot more than I’ve seen on other vacuums.
Nice sleek look too.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$580.00.

Product is usedDaily
GW2

GW2Kimberley, WA

Wow this is, hands down the BEST vacuum I’ve owned.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$350.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

DesMoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Multiple Turboteq brush failures

Purchased in December 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$799.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi, I'm sincerely sorry no one has gotten back to you. I'm chasing this up with the team who will get back to you as as soon as possible. Kind regards, Daniel.

Jess

JessSydney, NSW

High suction, powerful vacuum

I use this vacuum on floorboards, tiles and carpet. It performs really well on all surfaces. I generally use it on the second lowest suction because it's really strong. On carpet I have to use the lowest suction, it's really strong. Glides really smoothly. Long cable. It is pretty heavy but worth it because of its performance. Looks sharp and cool. Has all the handy accessories. Cost me $470 from Bing Lee. Much better than my previous wertheim which only lasted 3 years and cost me $400.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bing Lee for A$470.00.

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor design and makes vacuuming time longer

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$675.00.

Clogging IssuesYes

Great product

The machine is super quiet and I found the suction to be great for both carpets and tiles. The wheels make it easy to maneovre around the house, however, it's pretty heavy so might not be suitable if you plan to lugg it up and down stairs regularly. The clip for the dust bin is a little finnicky but I haven't found this to be an issue so long as I take a second extra to close it properly. Overall happy with my purchase and would recommend.

Purchased at Amazon for A$365.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thanks for taking the time leave this review! Glad to hear things are going well with your Miele vacuum. Thank you for choosing Miele. Kind regards, Frank.

hmmm

hmmm

Great suction but not fit for purpose.

When it works it works well....but...it is marketed as a dog and cat machine but the turbo head brush is a pain. It is so hard to clean fur out - scissors are your only option! My first turbo head lasted less than six months before it stopped turning and the replacement has just stopped turning after 5 months! I really expected better. The engineering on the turbo head is appalling.

Purchased in June 2019 at Domayne ACT, Fyshwick for A$500.00.

chuck48

chuck48AU

I'm giving it a go!

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

Ira

IraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great hoover but filter smells of a dog

Great hoover overall-quiet, good suction, haven’t had problems with turbo brush like some other reviewers here
BUT
it smells of dogs hair a lot! Only bought it October 2019 and washed filter 3 times - every time it dries the smell goes a bit for the first time and returns almost instantly. Any tips on how to get rid of it? Or where can I get a replacement of the filter?

Purchased in October 2019 for A$600.00.

IanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Clogged

I purchased my CX1 blizzard cat and dog two years ago. I am now about to throw the machine out, my second Turbo Teq 305-3 has clogged up and wont spin. I clean it as per instructions. not worth buying another head for $179. Expected more from Miele

Purchased at Goodguys for A$650.00.

Ian

Like it how Miele don’t get back to the upset customers

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Ian, we apologise for the inconvenience. Can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 and we will be able to assist you in resolving this problem. Kind regards, Joel.

Toby

Toby

Could buy better???

Unfortunately spare parts aren`t easy to obtain and the powerhead does last long clearing dog hair.
Wouldn`t recommend this at all!!
Had it 12 months and the dust container is broken and now having trouble getting another.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$599.00.

Clogging IssuesYes

Find out how Miele Blizzard CX1 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Great machine with design faults

Designers need to think of their target market - eg people who do housework. In a large country house with high ceilings, various floor coverings and a dusty environment the ridiculously short hose makes for very hard work and does not reach high enough, the tools are very heavy and clumsy and the fixed dusting brush all but useless. The crevice tool should be longer, and the wretched thing keeps tripping on its own electrical cord. The machine itself is excellent!

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$549.00.

matthew S.

matthew S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Badly built and designed to fail

This machine has been a nightmare. It is constructed from cheap plastic parts that do not stand the test of time. The plastic handle and adjustable stem have become defective after one year of use. The power nozzle makes a terrible rumble and was not effective in the slightest. The plastic filters are flimsy, with one of them no longer secure. Worst of all, the rubber gasket designed to contain the vacuumed contents leaks. The only part that has not yet failed on this machine is the motor. Even the cord retractor is faulty. Do not purchase a Miele bagless machine. You will be disappointed beyond measure.

Purchased in February 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$800.00.

Product is usedDaily
NWX2

NWX2Perth, WA

I think they can do better if they think about it.

DONT BOTHER

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$550.00.

reaver821

reaver821Sydney, NSW

Disappointed

I don't understand why it cost so much with such mediocre performance.
everything is so average compare to other cheaper brands,
its said for "Multi Floor" but bad for carpets, any vacuums with a motorhead cleans better.
and btw the clip for the dust bin doesn't work well, some times it just won't lock.

Purchased in October 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$499.00.

Nicola W.

Nicola W.asked

Blizzard CX1 Multi Floor (SKCR3)

Come on Miele, when are you going to create a really good turbo head for carpet that picks up long animal hairs and is also easy to clean? I did a review earlier this year and added some photos of the lengths we have to go to to unlock the hair that gets caught up in the inner workings (tweezers etc) that stop the brush rotating. You said you'd phone but never did. I challenge you to do better. The swivel head is superb but we have to use that on carpet too as the turbo brush just gives up too often as it gets clogged internally.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Nicola, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/contact-us-3073.htm and our team can assist you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Shane.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.co.nz/domestic/contact-us-3071.htm .

Joseph N.

Joseph N.asked

Blizzard CX1

hi my problem is it keeps self cleaning i cleand all filter s and stops keeps cleaning then to red light soft cleaning ?

Ben D.
Ben D.

Hi I've had my vaccum for just over a year and (it probably started 8 months ago) it often stops for no reason with the comfort light - lighting up. It works again after I turn it off and on again. It's just annoying and makes odd noises. Does this indicate any fault?

Mark
Mark

if you are in Melbourne i can service the comfort clean system for $90.

John

Johnasked

Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

It’s not the vac it’s the turbo head that is useless
I’m on my third one
It stops spinning because the plastic end breaks off and virtually jams the brush
I’ve pulled this one apart and made some modifications and it seems to be going ok for now
This is 100 percent design fault with the turbo head
Miele should redesign a new head and supply to existing customer at no charge
I feel sick to the stomach when I spend good money on Inferior products

Rod

Could not agree more. As for Miele, they were quick to respond by email but have not heard any more. Very disappointing.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi John, we are sorry to hear of your poor experience and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would be more than happy to look into this matter further to resolve. The brush is ideal for removing fluff and hair from short-pile carpet. Would it be possible for you to email me at prsupport@miele.com.au and include any photos of the brush and further comments to how it broke? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Luke.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Compare all 5 Miele Blizzard CX1
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) A$579.00A$549.00A$649.00A$699.00
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
Weight8.56 kg8.46 kg8.56 kg8.56 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m
Power900 W900 W900 W900 W
Suction (Air Watts)1,100 AW1,100 AW1,100 AW1,100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 5 Miele Blizzard CX1