Miele Blizzard CX1
Listing monitored by Miele

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (46) · No (16)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (5) · No (55)

AllyP
AllyP

WOW, ITS AMAZING!

Previously I had a Dyson and a Roborock vacuum. The suction on this thing is incredible! On max suction I really had to use my muscles on the carpet but wow did it get a lot of crap up! I was honestly blown away with the power of this. I am so happy I made the choice to go with a Miele. I thought Dysons were good.. but this blows them out of the park!

Purchased in August 2021 at David Jones for $538.00.

sharnied1
sharnied1Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great suction

I brought this vacuum after reading great reviews as needing something to really pick up the dog hair with 2 golden retrievers that shed a lot of fur, I use it mainly on the rugs and wooden floors. I have found the suction to be powerful but the only down full I have is that at times the roller gets so much fur that it is quite difficult to remove the fur and the only option is to cut as much as you can which makes no sense that you can't undo the head to make it easier. Other then that it is perfect and much better then other vacuums I have had and worth the money.

Purchased in November 2020 for $520.00.

Bonnie
BonnieMurgon

Great on hair

I use this vacuum on carpet and laminate wood flooring. Says it's for cat and dog hair but I bought it as I'm in a house of 3 girls and we all have long hair. It's been great and easy to clean the brush roll. Glides well along the floor both carpet and laminate it's quiet and on low has excellent suction. My only down fall is you have to guide the power cord back in as it comes in at a speed of ankle breaking force. Excellent clean and to manoeuvre. Easy to clean filters

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $749.00.

Find out how Miele Blizzard CX1 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

The best vacuum cleaner for snow dogs !!

I have been using this vacuum on tiles, carpet and upholstered furniture with husky fur stuck on it. Works like a treat. I really like how powerful this vacuum is, has the strength to pull each and every particle from carpets.

The ergonomic design makes it easy for the vacuum to go to places where an upright vacuum wouldn’t go.

Different suction levels and attachments make it easy to vacuum fabric and delicate furniture.

Purchased in September 2020 at Amazon for $625.00.

Ritu
RituGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best Vaccum Ever

I bought this vaccum and simply love the ease of using and cleaning it, have used so many vacuums in the past but nothing beat this one, the power is too good, it just slides on the floor though the machine itself is heavy but you don’t have to drag it to get the job done , also it prevents scratched on the floor and the wall with accidental hitting while vacuuming, cleaning is a piece of cake, so easy and convenient, I would not replace this vaccum for any other brand, not even Dyson

Purchased for $600.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Nico
NicoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best vaccum wish I had have bought this first would have saved myself a tonne of money

Have owned for 1 years gets used everyday and never lost its suction is light weight and easy to manoeuvre it’s bagged but for me that’s better and the bags are $25 for 4 but last a long time

Purchased in March 2020.

Michael
Michael

Amazing performance cleaner!

I purchased this Miele multi floor cleaner and I am so happy with the quality and performance I highly recommend this product. It is a very quiet machine with excellent suction.

Chantelle
ChantelleAdelaide

An amazing Vacuum Cleaner with Great Suction

This is the 2nd Miele Vacuum Cleaner I have owned. It has great suction especially on carpets. The power head makes vacuuming a breeze when vacuuming pet fur with its turbobrush comprising of four rotating rollers. It has an attachment that is perfect for going over our suede sofa. I like that the vacuum cleaner is bagless and, how simple it is to detach the bin compartment when it's time to empty, by the simple push of a button. One of the easiest and best Vacuum cleaners I have owned to date.

Purchased in January 2021 for $749.00.

Margarita
MargaritaSydney, NSW

I love the vaccum cleaner

I bought new vacuum cleaner. It is looking so perfect and stylish! I love it! It is doing it's job perfectly. The one thing is it doesn't slide on carpet as it would be perfect to slide. Need a little bit of muscle to do it. However, I love it and I am impressed with good looking and powerful vacuum cleaner.

Purchased in July 2021 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $500.00.

Shell D
Shell DHunter Region, NSW

Poor powerhead design

I bought a Miele Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog a few weeks ago. I like it except for the stupid design of the powerhead. You can't take the brushes out to clean them unlike a Dyson. Hair raps so tightly around the brushes you have to use scissors and your fingers to try to get it out with a small accessible gap. Can't collapse the wand unlike my old Dyson so it takes up less room to put away.
Much quieter than the Dyson and the suction has 4 adjustable settings. Just as expensive as Dyson.

Purchased in July 2021.

Owenmac
OwenmacSydney, NSW

Design fault

We have used Miele vacuum cleaners for 20 years. When the remote handle broke on our previous machine and the cost of a replacement was too much. The idea of upgrading to the new model seemed the best option. The blizzard cat and dog bag less was sold as the ultimate.
The machine looked good but after first use suction seemed less than before. Turbotec Carpet head is a poor replacement for previous model. Why can’t it be cleaned easily? Surely ease of cleaning will increase efficiency. The small brush attachment is bad design it is NOT easy to use and certainly a design fault. Our machine has now stopped working and a replacement is not ideal.
Surely Miele can get it right.

Purchased in April 2021 for $749.00.

Turboteq brush head awful design. Otherwise vac itself is good.

Purchased in March 2020.

Nicole
Nicole

Turbo head Fail

I bought this machine as it stated great with pet hair - after a couple of uses cleaning dog and cat hair (long hair breeds) the roller clogs up with hair then no longer spins - you then have to either try to cut hair out or pull head apart to get the roller out to clean it properly - a really bad design I won’t be buying another one of these machines and I won’t recommend it to anyone with animals inside. Waste of time and money

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $749.00.

Allan
AllanDarwin, NT

Absolute Surprise

Simply terrific. Took me by surprise how much easier to vacuum my entire unit as the power head simply glides across my vinyl floor much easier than my older machine.

Purchased in March 2021 at The Good Guys for $640.00.

Brad
BradMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

For a 'cat and dog' vacuum, it doesn't handle dog hair well at all.

The turbo head on carpets winds all the hair up, instead of sucking it up, meaning you sit there for ages unwinding hair from the turbo head.

I'm on the second telescopic wand too, as it keeps collapsing while you're vacuuming. The same is happening with the new one too, so nearly need a 3rd.

The cleaner stops mid clean to 'clean the filter', meaning you have to stand there for 30 seconds waiting for it to restart.

The bin is tiny, leading to frequent emptying.

Upholstery brush gets stuck in on handle.

Overall clean is not as good as old Dyson. Have our while kitchen as Miele which is great, but won't buy another Miele vacuum.

Purchased in May 2020.

N.E.J
N.E.Jasked
Blizzard CX1

The red comfort clean keeps coming on even when all the filters have been cleaned and put back in.
What could the problem be?
Please help as I've removed and cleaned the filters twice and still the red comfort clean light comes on and the sucktion is reduced. How long should the red comfort clean go on? it just doesn't stop

Marissa R.
Marissa R.asked
Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

I've read a lot of issues about the power head, has this been fixed?

Mez
Mez

I still haven't got a response from Miele, I can't wait more than an hour on hold repeatedly, so I ended up just fixing it myself. Following DesMo's review and repair technique, I installed bearings in the suspension arms -upgrading the common fail point. It works great, possibly even better, for now...
I would, however, like to see Miele take responsibility for this design flaw.

David
Davidasked
Blizzard CX1

Re the extending of the brush on the nozzle - we are finding this difficult to pull the brush out, and then it doesn't want to go back in to expose the plain end. There is a molding that looks like it might be a catch, it has two extensions into the body of the tool that look like pivots however it doesn't push in to release anything. HELP!

Filly H

I have the same problem. The brush is hard to extend. Now that I have it extended, I can’t get it to retract. This means, I can’t vacuum as I can’t attach the tube.

Filly H

I did manage to get it to retract. I had to get a knife and press down hard on the tab, very close to the straight edge of the semicircle. I can not manage to do this just with my thumb nail. My fingers are not strong enough. I beg Miele to rethink this design for the sake of older folk with less hand strength.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Miele Blizzard CX1

Compare all 5 Miele Blizzard CX1
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $579.00$549.00$649.00$699.00
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
Weight8.56 kg8.46 kg8.56 kg8.56 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m
Power900 W900 W900 W900 W
Suction (Air Watts)1,100 AW1,100 AW1,100 AW1,100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 5 Miele Blizzard CX1