See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worst vacuum I’ve ever bought

Worst vacuum I have ever owned. A back breaker. You have to bend down to adjust suction as no release on hand piece. The floor tool clogs constantly- bend over pick it up unclog-hopeless on carpet- brush tool for edges - struggle to get it to extend and then bristles not long enough and particularly bad as can’t be put on extension so guess what- bend over again! One vacuum and my back and wrists are aching. Absolutely the worst vacuum I have ever used. It’s also heavy and very hard to push the head causing it to run into my furniture as you have to push too hard.ill have to try to off load it as didn’t use it in the 1st 30 days so can’t return it. I’ll go and buy another brand with a power head and all the features I need . This one is not fit for purpose

Purchased in February 2019 for $599.00.

Clogging Issues No

Excellent suction. A bit heavy.

I have 3 large rugs and bamboo flooring exposed through most of the house. The bare floor attachment is perfect; very gentle with good brushes and plenty of suction which can be adjusted for all attachments. There could be a bit too strong a suction on rugs, but the strength can be adjusted.
Smaller tools are attached to the cleaner until required so there is no searching for the right tool. The dust container is easy to empty , and the amount of fine dust it collects is amazing.The machine has four wheels which make it glide along and it cannot tip over. One criticism is the weight of the machine. It is quite heavy, but then again it would rarely need to be lifted, and the weight makes for a very stable machine. It has a very long electrical cord and the machine is extremely quiet, so I can hear the phone if it rings when I am vacuuming.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $494.00.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Patricia for taking the time to leave this review!

Very powerful vacuum cleaner

I bought this vacuum cleaner three months ago and so far I am very satisfied with its performance. It's powerful suction sucks up the dust and dog hair very effectively over tiled floor and heavy rugs. It's easy to operate. The dust bin and filter can be emptied and washed easily after use. Also, this model comes with a number of attachments including a turbo brush. If I have to be very nitpicking, I will have liked it to be a couple of kilos lighter.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

Perfect for hairy dogs owner

You got what you have paid for. i got 2 floofy big dogs shed alot and this amazing vacccum cleaner never fail me, just bit bulky for petite person like me and it does great work seriously

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for $550.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Clogging Issues No
Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Bagless

Bought this because was both Miele and bagless and it is a lovely machine. Take the point about the dusting brush being a bit short but I don’t dust with my vacuum so doesn’t worry me. I agree that that the cord is a bit short and I don’t find emptying the canister all that predictable (I’ve had to write how in marker to remind me each time), but easy once I remember. Haven’t had a Dyson but I’ve used one and I think this is probably better.

Purchased in January 2019.

Clogging Issues Yes
Thank you Catherine for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Excellent machine

Best vacuum I have ever purchased. Love the variable suction control. It is lightweight and easy to manoeuvre around. Compact storage is a huge plus. Power head is incredibly powerful, I frequently have to adjust suction as it is so powerful. Easily picks up pet hair. The canister is large, easy to empty.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online.

Product is used: Daily
Clogging Issues No
Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Amazing Vacuum cleaner!

This is definitely my favourite vacuum cleaner, picks up so much dust, definitely more than a Dyson, which I previously owned. I use it on tiles and carpet. Couldn’t be happier!

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Luna for your feedback!

Amazing

I’ve had both Dyson and Miele vacuums and would never get another Dyson.
The vacuum has picked up so much dust the Dyson misses. It’s quite and glides effortlessly without getting caught on anything.
Best vacuum ever.
The onlyannoyimg thing is the cord is not very long but that’s the only downside.
Miele vacuums are a quality vacuum, reliable and efficient it will last you for years. In that time you will probably spend the same amount on replacing other vacuums, this vacuum is worth every cent.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Amanda for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Good suction but disappointing unexpected features

Vacuum glides and sucks well. Unfortunately the 'comfort' handle is anything but. The built in dust brush means that you can't dust above 1m without hoiking the cleaner up onto a chair. Impossible to dust cornices. The handle is heavy and cumbersome.

Purchased in February 2019.

Clogging Issues Yes
Hi Kylie, thank you for your feedback. We will pass this feedback onto the Miele team.Hi Anna, is it possible to get a different hose and handle? if you don't hold the 'comfort' handle in the way specified you are at risk of electric shock. Unfortunately it is impossible to maneuver the dusting brush and hold it in the correct way.

Perfection, in every way

No Issues, amazing, wow, if my late husband was still here, I wouldn't have brought this, he would of said it is a tad expensive, true, I absolutley love, it worth every cent, and the dirt it picks up, I thought I haven't been outside with it, it was really full, hey there is only me here, and off course when u turn it on, it is like a Rolls Royce engine, like when these new aeroplanes are ready to taxi, that sound, and off course u can hear the t.v. hear what people are saying, and it isn't heavy to lug round, and off course getting the attachments off are great, just press a button, two main big brushes, one just swivels all the time gets into the corners, I use that for the tiles, and floating floor would be great if u have that, I know in my own heart, I have a vaccum life, hey how many cheap ones have we brought, (I am cringing here), no more. Great for Christmas, just the one present, cos that is all the money we have, But I know I haven't regretted buying it, and it has so many small crevis tools, and they are stacked so cleverly, like a rocket ship, everything fits in sublimely And true vaccuming is not so tedious like every week, No more, more like once a month

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thank you Rosie for your feedback!

Very disappointed

I have always had Miele appliances and unfortunately I am very disappointed with the Miele Blizzard. Whilst the cleaning capability is ok, it certainly doesn't have as much power as a bagged Miele.

The hose and cable are much shorter than other Miele's, the bottom of the dust container doesn't seal 100% and leaks a small amount of dust, the small wheels struggle to make it over the cable and is quite heavy and clunky.

In my opinion, there are a number of design flaws that really need to be ironed out - my handle has already been replaced under warranty and I have ended up selling on ebay and replacing with a regular bagged Miele C3 - which is 1000% better than the Blizzard.

I would not recommend the Blizzard.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi there, thank you for providing your feedback and we apologise for the inconvenience with your Blizzard vacuum. We will pass your feedback onto the relevant team and are glad you are happy with the Miele C3 vacuum. Kind regards, Miele.

Fantastic cleaner

I love this vacuum cleaner. I had a Dyson for many years but in comparison the suction is much better and I like that I can change the strength of the suction. While not light it is easily manoverable. Fabulous cleaner love it
I have found no problems and emptying is so easy

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you for your feedback!

Absolutely incredible, I love it!

My concern with this vacuum is that it is heavy to get in and out of the cupboard but it is absolutely effortless to use. My last Miele which I also loved did a good job but it was hard work where as this is a breeze. No more purchasing bags and the hair that it picked up had to be seen to be believed. I am 100% thrilled!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thank you Sharon for your feedback!

used it once wow

Hi people,remember I said I have or had a cleaner, well no more, she couldn't make it this week, so last night I used my brand new Meile, u know it is like one of those high end cars that we can never afford, it purrs, and when u turn it on press the switch, wow it is so quiet, and most of all it picks up heaps of muck, and the cord is so much longer, I used the crevic tools, great, but no, read this, the vaccum is for carpet and parquet floor, I have carpet and mostly tiles, so I used the other vaccum head on the tiles, wow it really is amazing,, it swivels, like all the fun of the fair ground ride, consequently it goes into corners, hey u don't really need the crevice tool. And off course changing heads, my past vaccums shivers pulling and tugging, but not not Meile, there is a button on top, hey presto and the head comes loose, how easy was that, and emptying the dirt bin, which is large, great, but it is so easy to take out and put back.

Remember I said before I used it, it is expensive, true, but once u have used it, u know u have a winner, and because the Meile is so neat and easy, u won't need to pay for a cleaner, Howzat

Remember it is the one that does the Parquet floors, I assume they mean floating, wooden floor, but rest assured it does tiles so so good

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you Rosie for your feedback!

Pleased with this one.

We bought this to replace a previous Miele. Very pleased with the way it cleans our floors, which are mostly carpeted. Vac is heavy but moves easily. The vac is "bagless" and easy to empty, but will require emptying most times we use it as the dust container has a “max” mark at half way up the container. Also was easy to remove the shower cap inadvertently vacuumed up!! The dustbrush on the handle has been criticised by reviewers, so we kept the one from the old vac and it fits, for when we need it for high up. One warning about the dust brush…it is quite hard to release to move it into position. Ask the store salespeople to demonstrate it for you or you will have to do as we did….return to the store, and ask for help. Once mastered it is very handy. Lastly, the noise during operation is low pitched and not too loud.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you Claire for your feedback!

Better than Dyson!!

I bought this 4 months ago and I was dead set on getting Dyson because my siblings have it. I ended up going with Miele because I have hard wood floors and was worried the Dyson would scratch them.
I am so unbelievably happy with my vacuum. My house is relatively clean but every time I vacuum it picks up so much dust particles and I feel like the air is cleaner.
Best thing I’ve ever bought. It also cleans itself too and it’s so easy to use. Will stick to Miele in future!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you Taz for your feedback!

Perfect, loving it

I was looking for a bagless vaccum when I learnt about this brand. I was thinking of buying from a different brand but saw the miele vaccum in the corner. No regrets, I’m Loving my Miele vaccumm cleaner. Very efficient plus savings for the vaccumm bag as it is bagless. Strong suction power its worth the prize. Certainly recommend this vaccum.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thank you Maria for your feedback!

Thought it would be better

I bought this machine 4 months ago after reading great reviews. There are a lot of pros, thats for sure, but I am actually a bit disappointed with the suction. Some people rave about it, but I found my old bagged vacuum, which cost less that half the price of this one, was way better. It certainly doesn't 'grab' the carpet like I hoped. I do like the interchangeable heads, and the self retracting cord (cord could be longer). It's fairly quiet and I like the smaller attachments for my stairs. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong to get maximum power?? It is on the highest setting, so it's not that. Regularly gets emptied etc. Any advise would be great!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hello, thanks for your feedback. If you have any concerns regarding your product you can contact us on 1300 464 353 and a Miele specialist would be happy to assist. Kind regards, Miele.

this vacuum works FANTASTIC. The one patch I have a more regular ...

My house is 90% hardwood floors, with some indoor/outdoor rugs scattered throughout. For these surfaces, this vacuum works FANTASTIC. The one patch I have a more regular type carpet, there is some resistance.... and this probably would be a poor choice for those situations, i'd recommend one of the models with a different head.

That said, the power is more than enough, it's super light, it's quiet. The retractable power cord is convenient. Overall it's great for my house.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Thanks Arnold for your feedback!

So far so good. Very happy

Attachments clip on smoothly and easily (unlike our previous Bosch). All attachments on board, price was reasonable for a good quality vacuum cleaner. I havent had it long but is doing a great job, easy to empty and clean - there doesn't appear to have the paper filter that I used to have to clean out before. Bagless means I will save money - has the turbo head.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thank you Andie for your feedback!

Where is it manufactured?

The BLIZZARD CX1 keeps switching to comfort. It has become completely unusable. It happens continuously and the filter is not at all clogged. Any help?
Hi Anthoin, You will need to follow the steps below, as there is more than one filter in this unit. This information comes directly from the operations manual. 1. The dust container is full - empty the dust container 2. The pre-filter is dirty. Clean the pre-filter (see 'Fault resolution' - 'Cleaning the pre-filter' in the operations manual). 3. The fine dust filter is dirty - Clean the fine dust filter at the next available opportunity (see 'Fault resolution' - 'Cleaning the fine dust filer manually' in the operations manual). If you do still have any issues please don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 464 353 (please be aware these contact methods are for Australia only). Kind regards, Anna.

I'm finding the brush roller becomes clogged with dog hair within 10 minutes of cleaning it. (The dog is an Australian Shepherd https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/425801339760976683/?lp=true) Cleaning it involves cutting the fur carefully with scissors - so as not to cut the bristles of the brush - then pulling the fur out. This alone takes nearly five minutes. Is there an easier way of cleaning the brush?
It's a pig to clean. You could easily take the back off of the turbo brush on my old Dyson, this one is screwed down with no access.Sorry I dont have a dog or cat, brought it for the power,has to be strong for animal hair, it reminds me I had a kambrook vaccum, my dyed blonde would be all wrapped round the mech in the brush, I loved it so I just put up with it, this one doesnt do that with my dyed loose hair, I bet you are dissapointed, I would feel meile dropped the ball there, as kylie said her old dyson take the back off, but with this, no u cant acess it at , I have just looked at my cleaning head, no, this is feeble but all I can suggest is trying to get a refund, as it definitely is not suitable, and considering how much u paid, wow, it is an expensive machine that involes a lot of hard work for the owner, if it wasnt a dog and car vaccum, and this happen sure, they would say well it is not made of animal fur. U have brought it in good faith dog and cat vaccum, no I be really angry. I think u have a case and u obviously havent had the vaccum very long it is just not suitable for animal furThanks Rosie. Fortunately it's not my vacuum but belongs to one of my client's who I clean for. His sister bought the vacuum but was so disappointed because of the roller brush getting clogged quickly and being difficult to remove the fur, that she gave the vacuum to my client. It's a fabulous vacuum cleaner except for the clogged roller brush. I think Miele make the best vacuum cleaners as a rule.

Miele Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)Miele Blizzard CX1 Comfort (SKMR3)Miele Blizzard CX1 Excellence (SKCR3)Miele Blizzard CX1 Multi Floor (SKCR3)
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $649.00$849.00$649.00$699.00