Miele Blizzard CX1

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (28) · No (9)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (4) · No (31)

Gemma Heales

Gemma HealesPerth, WA

Amazing powerful, easy to use, easy to empty

Great vacuum. After asking friends what vacuum they had and hearing Miele Often, I thought I’d look in to them.
I picked this one after looking up best vacuum for long hair. I was sick of cutting the hair out of my old vacuums roller head.
I use this on tiles, low pile wool and high pile rugs and it’s amazing.
It has soft floor setting and hard floor setting.
4 power levels again for hard flooring, carpets, rugs, furnishings ( great for prams and car seats).
Super easy emptying feature, one button no touch. I hated having to get my fingers dirty with my old Hoover.
An 11mtr cord, still can’t reach the whole house obviously but a lot more than I’ve seen on other vacuums.
Nice sleek look too.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$580.00.

Product is used Daily
GW2

GW2Kimberley, WA

Wow this is, hands down the BEST vacuum I’ve owned.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$350.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

DesMoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Multiple Turboteq brush failures

Purchased in December 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$799.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi, I'm sincerely sorry no one has gotten back to you. I'm chasing this up with the team who will get back to you as as soon as possible. Kind regards, Daniel.

Jess

JessSydney, NSW

High suction, powerful vacuum

I use this vacuum on floorboards, tiles and carpet. It performs really well on all surfaces. I generally use it on the second lowest suction because it's really strong. On carpet I have to use the lowest suction, it's really strong. Glides really smoothly. Long cable. It is pretty heavy but worth it because of its performance. Looks sharp and cool. Has all the handy accessories. Cost me $470 from Bing Lee. Much better than my previous wertheim which only lasted 3 years and cost me $400.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bing Lee for A$470.00.

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor design and makes vacuuming time longer

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$675.00.

Clogging Issues Yes

Great product

The machine is super quiet and I found the suction to be great for both carpets and tiles. The wheels make it easy to maneovre around the house, however, it's pretty heavy so might not be suitable if you plan to lugg it up and down stairs regularly. The clip for the dust bin is a little finnicky but I haven't found this to be an issue so long as I take a second extra to close it properly. Overall happy with my purchase and would recommend.

Purchased at Amazon for A$365.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thanks for taking the time leave this review! Glad to hear things are going well with your Miele vacuum. Thank you for choosing Miele. Kind regards, Frank.

hmmm

hmmm

Great suction but not fit for purpose.

When it works it works well....but...it is marketed as a dog and cat machine but the turbo head brush is a pain. It is so hard to clean fur out - scissors are your only option! My first turbo head lasted less than six months before it stopped turning and the replacement has just stopped turning after 5 months! I really expected better. The engineering on the turbo head is appalling.

Purchased in June 2019 at Domayne ACT, Fyshwick for A$500.00.

chuck48

chuck48AU

I'm giving it a go!

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

Ira

IraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great hoover but filter smells of a dog

Great hoover overall-quiet, good suction, haven’t had problems with turbo brush like some other reviewers here
BUT
it smells of dogs hair a lot! Only bought it October 2019 and washed filter 3 times - every time it dries the smell goes a bit for the first time and returns almost instantly. Any tips on how to get rid of it? Or where can I get a replacement of the filter?

Purchased in October 2019 for A$600.00.

IanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Clogged

I purchased my CX1 blizzard cat and dog two years ago. I am now about to throw the machine out, my second Turbo Teq 305-3 has clogged up and wont spin. I clean it as per instructions. not worth buying another head for $179. Expected more from Miele

Purchased at Goodguys for A$650.00.

Ian

Like it how Miele don’t get back to the upset customers

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Ian, we apologise for the inconvenience. Can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 and we will be able to assist you in resolving this problem. Kind regards, Joel.

Toby

Toby

Could buy better???

Unfortunately spare parts aren`t easy to obtain and the powerhead does last long clearing dog hair.
Wouldn`t recommend this at all!!
Had it 12 months and the dust container is broken and now having trouble getting another.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$599.00.

Clogging Issues Yes

Great machine with design faults

Designers need to think of their target market - eg people who do housework. In a large country house with high ceilings, various floor coverings and a dusty environment the ridiculously short hose makes for very hard work and does not reach high enough, the tools are very heavy and clumsy and the fixed dusting brush all but useless. The crevice tool should be longer, and the wretched thing keeps tripping on its own electrical cord. The machine itself is excellent!

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$549.00.

matthew S.

matthew S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Badly built and designed to fail

This machine has been a nightmare. It is constructed from cheap plastic parts that do not stand the test of time. The plastic handle and adjustable stem have become defective after one year of use. The power nozzle makes a terrible rumble and was not effective in the slightest. The plastic filters are flimsy, with one of them no longer secure. Worst of all, the rubber gasket designed to contain the vacuumed contents leaks. The only part that has not yet failed on this machine is the motor. Even the cord retractor is faulty. Do not purchase a Miele bagless machine. You will be disappointed beyond measure.

Purchased in February 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$800.00.

Product is used Daily
NWX2

NWX2Perth, WA

I think they can do better if they think about it.

DONT BOTHER

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$550.00.

reaver821

reaver821Sydney, NSW

Disappointed

I don't understand why it cost so much with such mediocre performance.
everything is so average compare to other cheaper brands,
its said for "Multi Floor" but bad for carpets, any vacuums with a motorhead cleans better.
and btw the clip for the dust bin doesn't work well, some times it just won't lock.

Purchased in October 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$499.00.

HKP

HKP

Not sooo happy

I have always had Miele Vacuum Cleaners, the old one was still working but the accessories and the actual rod were a bit damaged so I wanted to spoil myself with a new one. I was convinced a new Miele would be better than the old one... but not really so. It is definitely quieter, but I find the suction is a LOT less than my old one. So, this would be the first time that I was rather disappointed by my Miele purchase. I would not purchase this model again.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bing Lee for A$399.00.

Simone68

Simone68Hunter Region, NSW

Better than a Dyson!

Purchased in December 2019.

Floor Type Wood

Hi Simone,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review!
Kind Regards,
Joel

Jafrin S.

Jafrin S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect cleaning

I use it for both carpet and wooden floor. It cleans perfectly specially the carpet dust and hairs. It’s now a part of our home. Definitely recommend this vacuum cleaner.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

Hi Jafrin S,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
Kind regards

Easy instructions and assembly
Very good suction
Sturdily built
Minus:-
Cord is ridiculously short at 6.4 metres. Not 7.5 as claimed on the Miele au.web site. Previous vacuum had an 11 metre cord. Short cord means changing power points twice as often.
The built in brush accessory is useless for cleaning sliding window and door tracks as the bristles are too short. There also aren’t many of them so I expect they will quickly wear out.
The dust canister doesn’t close tightly. There is a visible 1-2mm gap so the outside of the canister and the compartment it sits in are coated in dust which has to be wiped off every time I empty it.
It’s heavy and bulky and takes up a lot of space in the hall cupboard.

Joseph N.

Joseph N.asked

Blizzard CX1

hi my problem is it keeps self cleaning i cleand all filter s and stops keeps cleaning then to red light soft cleaning ?

Ben D.
Ben D.

Hi I've had my vaccum for just over a year and (it probably started 8 months ago) it often stops for no reason with the comfort light - lighting up. It works again after I turn it off and on again. It's just annoying and makes odd noises. Does this indicate any fault?

John

Johnasked

Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

It’s not the vac it’s the turbo head that is useless
I’m on my third one
It stops spinning because the plastic end breaks off and virtually jams the brush
I’ve pulled this one apart and made some modifications and it seems to be going ok for now
This is 100 percent design fault with the turbo head
Miele should redesign a new head and supply to existing customer at no charge
I feel sick to the stomach when I spend good money on Inferior products

Rod

Could not agree more. As for Miele, they were quick to respond by email but have not heard any more. Very disappointing.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi John, we are sorry to hear of your poor experience and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would be more than happy to look into this matter further to resolve. The brush is ideal for removing fluff and hair from short-pile carpet. Would it be possible for you to email me at prsupport@miele.com.au and include any photos of the brush and further comments to how it broke? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Luke.

Emily

Emilyasked

Blizzard CX1

I love my CX1, but the head that came with the unit is hard to use on carpets. Will the SEB228 Electro Plus vacuum head fit my CX1? Thank you,

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Emily, no it won't. We recommend floor heads suitable for the CX1 and carpet can be found in the accessories tab in this link https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/vacuum-cleaners-1784.htm?mat=10502250&name=Blizzard_CX1_Multi_Floor_PowerLine_-_SKCR3 . Kind regards, Anna.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives