See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kelly W.

Kelly W.South East Queensland, QLD

Easiest Vacuum ever!

This vacuum is a pleasure to use. I can see how much dirt and dust it has picked up with the clear easy to clean bagless compartment. This has 4 settings for different carpets and speed. Excellent on all types of flooring.
I've used it to clean my car, all the hard to reach places... my car interior looks new!

Thanks for producing a great product thats cheap and easy to maintain.

Purchased in September 2017 at Myers.

Anna M.Miele

Thank you Kelly for taking the time to leave this feedback!

FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Best vacuum on the market.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $549.00.

Anna M.Miele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your Miele CX1 vacuum!

Neo_oneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing, want my old vacuum back.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman, Gepps cross for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
smann

smannMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love how the vacuum works but not the turbo head

This vacuum works like a dream however after each clean I need to cut the hair from the brushes which becomes clogged very easily. I would not have bought it if I had known this.

Purchased in January 2019.

Anna M.Miele

Thank you for providing this feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. Kind regards, Anna.

Chele

CheleNorthern Region, NSW

comfort mode

why does my Miele keep turning it's self off into comfort mode and I have cleaned both filters,
it's becoming unusable and it's not very old.
I am not impressed at all with this vacuum

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Floor Type Carpet

Jackie

JackieQueensland

Worst vacuum I’ve ever bought

Purchased in February 2019 for $599.00.

patricia m.

patricia m.South-East, TAS

Excellent suction. A bit heavy.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $494.00.

Anna M.Miele

Thank you Patricia for taking the time to leave this review!

TWU

TWUSydney, NSW

Very powerful vacuum cleaner

I bought this vacuum cleaner three months ago and so far I am very satisfied with its performance. It's powerful suction sucks up the dust and dog hair very effectively over tiled floor and heavy rugs. It's easy to operate. The dust bin and filter can be emptied and washed easily after use. Also, this model comes with a number of attachments including a turbo brush. If I have to be very nitpicking, I will have liked it to be a couple of kilos lighter.

Anna M.Miele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

Angel

Angel

Perfect for hairy dogs owner

You got what you have paid for. i got 2 floofy big dogs shed alot and this amazing vacccum cleaner never fail me, just bit bulky for petite person like me and it does great work seriously

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for $550.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Anna M.Miele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Catherine Mansfield

Catherine MansfieldNortheast, VIC

Bagless

Bought this because was both Miele and bagless and it is a lovely machine. Take the point about the dusting brush being a bit short but I don’t dust with my vacuum so doesn’t worry me. I agree that that the cord is a bit short and I don’t find emptying the canister all that predictable (I’ve had to write how in marker to remind me each time), but easy once I remember. Haven’t had a Dyson but I’ve used one and I think this is probably better.

Purchased in January 2019.

Clogging Issues Yes
Anna M.Miele

Thank you Catherine for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Blinklight

BlinklightMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent machine

Best vacuum I have ever purchased. Love the variable suction control. It is lightweight and easy to manoeuvre around. Compact storage is a huge plus. Power head is incredibly powerful, I frequently have to adjust suction as it is so powerful. Easily picks up pet hair. The canister is large, easy to empty.

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online.

Product is used: Daily
Anna M.Miele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Luna

LunaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing Vacuum cleaner!

This is definitely my favourite vacuum cleaner, picks up so much dust, definitely more than a Dyson, which I previously owned. I use it on tiles and carpet. Couldn’t be happier!

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Anna M.Miele

Thank you Luna for your feedback!

AMM

AMMVictoria

Amazing

I’ve had both Dyson and Miele vacuums and would never get another Dyson.
The vacuum has picked up so much dust the Dyson misses. It’s quite and glides effortlessly without getting caught on anything.
Best vacuum ever.
The onlyannoyimg thing is the cord is not very long but that’s the only downside.
Miele vacuums are a quality vacuum, reliable and efficient it will last you for years. In that time you will probably spend the same amount on replacing other vacuums, this vacuum is worth every cent.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Anna M.Miele

Thank you Amanda for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Good suction but disappointing unexpected features

Vacuum glides and sucks well. Unfortunately the 'comfort' handle is anything but. The built in dust brush means that you can't dust above 1m without hoiking the cleaner up onto a chair. Impossible to dust cornices. The handle is heavy and cumbersome.

Purchased in February 2019.

Clogging Issues Yes
Anna M.Miele

Hi Kylie, thank you for your feedback. We will pass this feedback onto the Miele team.

Kylie

Hi Anna, is it possible to get a different hose and handle? if you don't hold the 'comfort' handle in the way specified you are at risk of electric shock. Unfortunately it is impossible to maneuver the dusting brush and hold it in the correct way.

RosieRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Perfection, in every way

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Anna M.Miele

Thank you Rosie for your feedback!

BJW

BJWGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very disappointed

I have always had Miele appliances and unfortunately I am very disappointed with the Miele Blizzard. Whilst the cleaning capability is ok, it certainly doesn't have as much power as a bagged Miele.

The hose and cable are much shorter than other Miele's, the bottom of the dust container doesn't seal 100% and leaks a small amount of dust, the small wheels struggle to make it over the cable and is quite heavy and clunky.

In my opinion, there are a number of design flaws that really need to be ironed out - my handle has already been replaced under warranty and I have ended up selling on ebay and replacing with a regular bagged Miele C3 - which is 1000% better than the Blizzard.

I would not recommend the Blizzard.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Anna M.Miele

Hi there, thank you for providing your feedback and we apologise for the inconvenience with your Blizzard vacuum. We will pass your feedback onto the relevant team and are glad you are happy with the Miele C3 vacuum. Kind regards, Miele.

Boges

BogesSydney, NSW

Fantastic cleaner

I love this vacuum cleaner. I had a Dyson for many years but in comparison the suction is much better and I like that I can change the strength of the suction. While not light it is easily manoverable. Fabulous cleaner love it
I have found no problems and emptying is so easy

Anna M.Miele

Thank you for your feedback!

Absolutely incredible, I love it!

My concern with this vacuum is that it is heavy to get in and out of the cupboard but it is absolutely effortless to use. My last Miele which I also loved did a good job but it was hard work where as this is a breeze. No more purchasing bags and the hair that it picked up had to be seen to be believed. I am 100% thrilled!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Anna M.Miele

Thank you Sharon for your feedback!

RosieRichmond-Tweed, NSW

used it once wow

Anna M.Miele

Thank you Rosie for your feedback!

Claire

ClaireAdelaide

Pleased with this one.

Anna M.Miele

Thank you Claire for your feedback!

ShahSid

ShahSidasked

Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

Where is it manufactured?

Anthoin P.

Anthoin P.asked

The BLIZZARD CX1 keeps switching to comfort. It has become completely unusable. It happens continuously and the filter is not at all clogged. Any help?

Hi Anthoin,
You will need to follow the steps below, as there is more than one filter in this unit. This information comes directly from the operations manual.
1. The dust container is full - empty the dust container
2. The pre-filter is dirty. Clean the pre-filter (see 'Fault resolution' - 'Cleaning the pre-filter' in the operations manual).
3. The fine dust filter is dirty - Clean the fine dust filter at the next available opportunity (see 'Fault resolution' - 'Cleaning the fine dust filer manually' in the operations manual).
If you do still have any issues please don’t hesitate to call us on 1300 464 353 (please be aware these contact methods are for Australia only).
Kind regards,
Anna.

Debs1957asked

Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

I'm finding the brush roller becomes clogged with dog hair within 10 minutes of cleaning it. (The dog is an Australian Shepherd https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/425801339760976683/?lp=true) Cleaning it involves cutting the fur carefully with scissors - so as not to cut the bristles of the brush - then pulling the fur out. This alone takes nearly five minutes. Is there an easier way of cleaning the brush?

Kylie

It's a pig to clean. You could easily take the back off of the turbo brush on my old Dyson, this one is screwed down with no access.

Rosie

Sorry I dont have a dog or cat, brought it for the power,has to be strong for animal hair, it reminds me I had a kambrook vaccum, my dyed blonde would be all wrapped round the mech in the brush, I loved it so I just put up with it, this one doesnt do that with my dyed loose hair, I bet you are dissapointed, I would feel meile dropped the ball there, as kylie said her old dyson take the back off, but with this, no u cant acess it at , I have just looked at my cleaning head, no, this is feeble but all I can suggest is trying to get a refund, as it definitely is not suitable, and considering how much u paid, wow, it is an expensive machine that involes a lot of hard work for the owner, if it wasnt a dog and car vaccum, and this happen sure, they would say well it is not made of animal fur.
U have brought it in good faith dog and cat vaccum, no I be really angry. I think u have a case and u obviously havent had the vaccum very long it is just not suitable for animal fur

Debs1957

Thanks Rosie. Fortunately it's not my vacuum but belongs to one of my client's who I clean for. His sister bought the vacuum but was so disappointed because of the roller brush getting clogged quickly and being difficult to remove the fur, that she gave the vacuum to my client. It's a fabulous vacuum cleaner except for the clogged roller brush. I think Miele make the best vacuum cleaners as a rule.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Miele Blizzard CX1 Multi Floor (SKCR3)

Miele Blizzard CX1 Multi Floor (SKCR3)

Miele Blizzard CX1 Excellence (SKCR3)

Miele Blizzard CX1 Excellence (SKCR3)

Miele Blizzard CX1 Comfort (SKMR3)

Miele Blizzard CX1 Comfort (SKMR3)

Miele Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

Miele Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $699.00$649.00$549.00$579.00
HEPA FilterYesYesYesYes
Weight8.56 kg8.56 kg8.46 kg8.56 kg
TypeBaglessBaglessBaglessBagless
Cord Length 7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m
Power900 W900 W900 W900 W
Suction (Air Watts) 1,100 AW1,100 AW1,100 AW1,100 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)