Milsims Games

MoFresh

MoFreshMelbourne

In-store service is great, prices are the cheapest I've seen at a bricks-and-mortar, selection is awesome!

I'm honestly surprised to see so many negative reviews on here about Milsims - had one bad experience when they couldn't get stock of a particular game, but I chased it up and got it in the end.

Apart from that - I've always shopped there in person and have found the staff to be friendly and knowledgeable, their prices unmatched within physical stores, and their range excellent. I'm happy they've moved to Mont Albert because it's nearer to me and I can visit them more often!

Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

Store LocationNotting Hill

New management, Staaf and location makes a great combination!

Milsims are back to being a great store. Lots of stuff, friendly staff willing to help means this one great brand has risen like the proverbial phoenix from the ashes!

Out of business

Ordered 2 items back in June, only received one. Fortunately I only got charged for the one unlike others here. Now the website is down, their facebook hasn't been updated since October and their shop is shut. Looks like the end.

Noel Caine

Noel CaineMelbourne

Non-supply of ordered and paid for games.

I ordered a board game in April 2015 and expected that it would take a few months to import. I contacted them after 5 months and was told it was on order. I emailed again them in December (8 months after I paid for the game) and got no reply and left a phone message a few days ago but still have no reply yet. Judging by similar complaints, they are beginning to look rather shonky!

Steve P

Steve PRandwick

No item and no refund - Not even responding to Fair Trading NSW

I preordered a product with these guys a month in advance. I was advised on the day that it should have arrived that they hadn’t ordered enough stock. I let them wait and see when the product would arrive and after a few weeks they advised they couldn’t give a time frame. I asked for a refund and haven’t heard back from them since. I’ve sent multiple emails in that time.

I contacted my bank to get the money back but it was past the allowed timeframe. I contacted Fair Trading NSW but they couldn’t get in contact with them either. I don’t know how a company can get away with fraud like this.

WonderGold Coast

Took My Money. Didn't Send Game. Raising A Dispute With Paypal.

I chose to buy here because I saw on a forum that they were a good store. Boy, was I wrong.

No response in two months. Can't get them on the phone. I want a refund.

potential fraud

After explaining to the police the problem with this company I have been advised to make an official report as military simulations are not responding to any enquiry and are charging for orders they are not fulfilling. I implore you to do the same immediately...

Ferret

FerretToowoomba

Avoid. 'In Stock' is meaningless.

Ordered 'In Stock' items, weeks went by without any confirmation. Multiple emails were not responded to. Had to open a PayPal dispute and even then received no message.

I will never order anything from here again. Judging by other reviews I'm not alone with this experience.

Maggie

MaggieBrisbane

Catastrophe! Stay Away!!

One of the worst sellers I have ever encountered! Here are the things that bugged me most:

- Time factor: More than 4 months have passed without any sign of my order.
- Terrible communication and customer care: Only 1 out of my multiple emails was ever answered.
- Poor business practice: The one email answered stated part of the order would be with them the week after. This may have been the case but it was certainly never sent on to me.
- Payment in advance: Since they did not honour my order, looks like this type of practice created very cheap credit for them.

Now I am left where I started over 4 months ago.

Shop elsewhere - this business is a waste of time, effort and money!

New owners, new MilSims

Since new management have taken over, MilSims is once again a great shop. While they can no longer boast great prices, their selection is extensive and their staff are extremely helpful.

Why don't MilSIms respond?

I am trying to contact MilSIms re an order that I placed last April.

They do not reply to my emails.

When you ring their shop number, no-one answers, instead you are instructed to leave a message.

They do not reply to the message.

Don't waste your time or money dealing with these guys!

Its still rubbish

Guys if your reading this and think that they have improved. They haven't. I got told my game needed to be ordered from US.... Two months after I placed the order. Then 1 week later... They asked if they should keep trying. I bought and received the game from Amazon before the 2nd email was sent. Don't buy anything from them.

Nik M

Nik MBrisbane

They used to be good before 2015

Don't waste your time with these guys.

Decline in service

I have been a customer with milsims for the last 15 years. They used to send out a brilliant catalogue to their customers years ago and you would email and call your order through with little or no problem. In the last three years their customer service has deteriorated seriously.Staff on the phone are rude, terse and often you will have to ring numerous times to find the status of your order. The prices are very reasonable but buyer beware, anything out of stock or listed as a pre order will take ages and my last few orders I have just ended up getting refunds. A sad state of affairs for what was once probably once one of Australia's premier games/miniature store.

lissybug

lissybugSingleton, New South Wales

Worst customer service - do not pre-order anything!

Big Tree

Big TreeHunter Region, NSW

A tale of 2 Countries

Unsure who is who

I don't know if it was the owner or an employee, but the staff member I interacted with on Friday 01/05/15 at approximately 3.30pm was the rudest and more arrogantly indifferent staff member I have ever dealt with. I ended up buying a game only to use up a voucher I had to ensure that I never have to deal with this place again. Their prices are good, but for the frustration and headaches it causes, it's worth just paying a few dollars more and going to good games or something.

Steve

Steve

In Stock Does Not Mean In Stock, No Phone call, no message.

I bought a game and expansion, both showing as "In Stock". Received the game, but not the expansion, seeing as the game was pretty crap without the expansion you can understand my frustration, when they don't contact me in regards their stuff up, and only after phone calls do I get "Oh our websites is faulty" we won't get it in for another few weeks. (Well reading these reviews shows how reliable that response can be). Like other reviews this is not my first experience of this. Well that's it I've given up on milsims. Buy elsewhere people, pay that little extra for piece of mind.

Bob Orange

Bob OrangeNew York

Good selection overshadowed by terrible owner

Owner is rude to customers and intimidates employees, can be heard having loud and obscene phone conversations within earshot of customers and staff.