Verifiedminttelecom.com.au

98% · 49310 · 2%

Adequate Speeds Yes · No
All unlimited data plans
Australian customer support team
Skilled, helpful and friendly staff

damon
damonHobart, TAS4 posts
  NBN 100/40

Superb professional service

We have a Mint Telecom service at our home in Opossum Bay outside Hobart.
I rank the service as exceptional, professional , friendly and efficient.
Best customer service I have ever received. Fast call and contact, follow up and simply wonderful .
Damon Thomas Show details ·  2
Jenna H.
Jenna H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC15 posts

Great customer service

So far so good! I have been a client for approximately 1 month now. There have been no issues and the set up was easy and nice when speaking to them. Show details ·  1
Julie N
Julie NDarling Downs, QLD

Seriously The Best !!!

Mint have been seriously amazing to deal with right from the first initial telephone call. Friendly, knowledgeable, new connection was organised incredibly fast. Actual internet service is as advertised and we have had zero issues with the fixed wireless service. Speeds are as expected. I cannot fault Mint telecom and am of the opinion that they are far superior to the more well known providers. Actually talking to a person located in Australia is such a bonus and the wait times to talk to someone are minimal. I am so thrilled I chose Mint and highly recommend them to one and all !!!! Show details ·  1
Ken R.
Ken R.2 posts

Excellent everything

Having moved to Tassie for work, Mint has been so helpfull seting up and their service is 5 star, the big Telcos could take a lesson from Mint in regards to both service and cost
The service works better than the NBN direct line i have on the main land Show details ·  1
Henry G.
Henry G.3 posts
  NBN 100/40

Awesome network service!

Got unlimited plan and the service works well. Have great experience so far and satisfy with the network. Show details ·  1
Caroline R
Caroline RPerth, WA2 posts

Persistent overcame resistance

Thank you for persisting with NBN on our behalf to restore our connectivity. Show details ·  2
Woody L.
Woody L.

5 star provider, cheaper, faster, better service

Very happy with nbn provider change over, was with Telstra but went through multiple gen3 modems due to some power issue with them, had terrible service wasted many hours, was very frustrated etc etc.
called mint telecom and had it all set up straight away, within a few days new reliable modem preconfigured arrived, works great straight away.
Mint took the initiative to investigate getting the best performance which led to next day nbn technician upgrading fixed wireless hardware resulting in faster internet.
5 star provider, cheaper, faster, better service. Show details ·  1
Pasha G
Pasha GAU2 posts
  NBN 100/20

My first call to them was my last call

I called Mint and set up my nbn with them 4 years ago and have never called them since. The internet has been working flawlessly since then. I haven't had a single issue in 4 years!! Therefore I know nothing about their support quality and can't comment on that. Once you have set up your connection with them you probably won't ever need their support. Can't recommend them more. Show details ·  1
Marion C.
Marion C.Perth, WA

Exceptionally helpful

The service I have received from the employees of Mint Telecom has been exceptional. I would not go near any other internet provider. They are knowledgeable and very patient. Love the service provided. Show details ·  1
Richard
RichardHobart, TAS
Kim F.
Kim F.Hobart, TAS2 posts
  NBN 25/5

Moved house and they were there for us

Helpful, great understanding know they will be there for you and "LOCAL" hey guys well done again and again... Show details ·  1
WMW
WMWHobart, TAS

Mint Telecom is the Best

After having serious problem excuses from our original provider of 14 years, I decided to go for a local telecom provider and I am so glad I did. Knowing it was local was the major reason I went for Mint. I could not fault their help in connecting us, even though I was a bit dumb in working things out, their patience was great with me. Thank you. Their service is faultless. Show details ·  1
Greg B.
Greg B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  Verified NBN 250/25

I was told by a friend to go with Mint. But who's Mint?

Because I trust my mate, I accepted the suggestion, going with a company I had never heard of before (Mint) with the supply and installation of a 250mb speed package. The home is actually a rooming house with 8 individuals who use the internet feverishly - well, up until the Mint install, they all complained at how incredibly slow the NBN was. Now, though, they're all very happy campers! Show details ·  1
Adam
AdamHobart, TAS
  Verified NBN 25/5

I recommend this provider - great customer service, easy process and it worked

Ordered our service through Mint Telecom and everything happened as they described. Easy to communicate with, and importantly, the internet service is working as it should. I'd recommend this provider, especially if you value customer service and the ability to talk to someone easily. Show details ·  1
Amelia C.
Amelia C.Sydney, NSW17 posts

Customer service is Australian

Internet/NBN outages can be extremely frustrating when speaking to overseas customer service due to the language barrier. Yet all Mint customer service staff are from Hobart. Why wouldn't you support a competent company based in Tasmania ?! Show details ·  1

Petrolpump
Petrolpump · Mint Telecom

I have a modem from vividwireless & wanted to know ifI could use it to set up the internet with mint. The internet I’m using is hopeless, it only works occasionally. I pay Telstra $62 a month & it keeps going up. judybowser@icloud.com

Craig W
Craig W

You can use any modem that is compatible with NBN.

Shaunna sparkles C.
Shaunna sparkles C. · Mint Telecom

How do I sign up

Mint Telecom   DM

Hi Shaunna, Give us a call on 1300 58 64 68 during business hours. We have no wait times, so just call when you are free.
Cheers Michael

MichaelW
MichaelW · Mint Telecom

which router would be supplied by Mint for HFC connection in Melbourne?

C Huynh
C Huynh

Hi Michael
I have a Netcomm in Sydney, I think it's best to ask Mint directly for the model they supply in Melbourne.
Cheers!

About Mint Telecom

• All plans start off with a 6-month contract, with a month-to-month service and no lock-in contracts after this.
  • Every plan includes unlimited data, for added peace of mind that you won’t blow your budget.
  • Mint Telecom provides local customer service support from a team based in Hobart, Tasmania.

Mint Telecom services

Phone plans

The top Mint Telecom phone plans are:

• Nude plan: At $69.95 monthly, it includes a working phone service, and calls to other Mint NBN customers.
  • Starter plan: For $74.95 monthly, this includes the features of the Nude plan plus the ability to make local calls to non-Mint NBN customers.
  • Ultimate plan: At $94.95 per month, this is the most premium popular plan. With this plan, customers can make local, national and mobile calls.

Internet - NBN Services

The three most popular Internet NBN services with customers are:

• NBN25: with a basic evening speed minimum 15Mbps ($69.95 a month).
  • Unlimited NBN plan: with a standard plus evening minimum 30 Mbps ($79.95).
  • NBN100: with a basic evening speed minimum 60 Mbps ($89.95).

Small Business Phone Systems

A Hosted PBX solution lets you use the cloud to manage call flows and setup. SIP trunks can be plugged into a traditional phone system, with the added benefit of HD voice quality and lower call costs. Both of these options are advertised as part of the setup for Small Business Phone Systems.

Points of praise from Mint customers

• It was a common experience of reviewers that Mint provides a reliable NBN service with no dropouts or disruptions to the service.
  • Customer service staff are excellent at assisting customers with setting up their new services. Customers who don’t regard themselves as tech savvy noted that this involved skill as well as patience.
  • Reviewers loved that customer service staff were based in Australia. Staff members were able to efficiently resolve issues, without double-handling or redirecting enquiries.
  • Staff at Mint Telecom were attentive, and made their customers feel valued with each interaction.
  • Staff respond promptly to customer questions or issues.
  • Mint Telecom's proactive approach was appreciated by customers. It included staff notifying customers about power outages before they occur, and recommending options to facilitate a speedier internet connection, for example by updating old modems.

Pricing and plan information in this Details section are accurate as at February 24th 2022.

Compare all Mint Telecom listings