Amazing service & amazing team!NBN 25/5 (Basic+)
When I first joined with Mint Telecom in 2022 I had issues setting up my modem and connecting the internet, Micheal and Alexander were helping me via messenger at 6pm at night trying to help me set it up to which I was successfully able to do with their help! I was so impressed with the service especially being so late in the night. The communication is always amazing, I can not fault the team and the service.Show details
Best internet service provider in TasmaniaNBN 50/20 (Standard)
Admittedly it's not a very high bar, but Mint Telecom have consistently provided service above and beyond any other provider I've ever used (and that includes all three major national players). Moving house? No problem. Intermittent outages? They get an NBN technician to my door within a week to fix it, with none of those interminable fault-finding scripts you get with other providers (you know the ones I'm talking about). They're competitively priced, they're local to Tasmania, they understand the peculiarities of our wonderful island state, and like a well trained butler, they just get things done without any fuss or bother.Show details
Email, Notes, Roster.NBN 50/20 (Standard)
Thank you mint, just fantastic to suit all our needs and does the job without a doubt! Connect great, the service has been nothing short of fantastic and they (mint) look after you like family.
After our move I received a text from Kelvin, to see if all was well, or if we needed their assistance.
Great All Round ServiceNBN 50/20 (Standard)
Excellent product and fantastic customer service! Glad we made the change to Mint.
PerfectNBN 25/5 (Basic+)
Does exactly what the sales person said it would do.Show details
Great serviceNBN 50/20 (Standard)
Switched over to Mint from our last provider and it’s been heaps faster and more reliable. Customer service is also 10/10 :)
Amazing ServiceNBN 50/20 (Standard)
Very fast and reliable. i will choose them again Thanks a lot
Fantastic CompanyNBN 50/20 (Standard)
I switched over our home internet with them and found them absolutely brilliant to deal with. I highly recommend them as everything went smooth from sales right through to tech support.Show details
Great local companyMint Telecom
Mint have been fantastic since our business joined them. Highly recommend Mint.Show details
What a breath of fresh air!NBN 50/20 (Standard)
After 25 years with Telstra as a business customer I suffered all of the frustrations an association with that organisation could bring. Lengthy waits in phone queues, lack of action for account issues, language difficulties and generally poor support. The final straw was a constantly degrading internet speed on our fixed wireless service that nobody seemed to care about - constant calls to Telstra brought little or no response, or a hand-off saying "that's the best you can expect with fixed wireless".
The call to Mint was the best decision I
Mint telecom is nothing short of fantastic, great local service with a fantastic product, well done.NBN 25/5 (Basic+)
The staff at Mint have been a great team to deal with, as getting to find this product was done by my wife and son. Getting this connected was ever so quick making the process, the best ever place to deal with. I cannot say enough about the service and help, well done Mint!Show details
great product, Excellent serviceNBN 100/40 (Fast+)
The product lives up to the promised speeds, and in my area it often exceeds the expected peak time speeds.
In particular I've not seen my download speeds drop below 90 Mbps and my uploads are often around the 32 Mbps even during peak hours.
Customer service is excellent. Their online chat via Facebook is particularly effective and responsive.Show details
ExcellentNBN 50/20 (Standard)
Very Good broadband plans. Customer service excellent and so nice that it is not corporate.
Good old Aussie serviceNBN 50/20 (Standard)
The best customer service and speed I have ever had no issues.Show details
Great local companyNBN 50/20 (Standard)
Fantastic product delivery, fantastic service. When you ring you’re talking to a local that knows what they’re talking about. You aren’t put on hold. They know how to fix any issues. Couldn’t rate more highly.Show details
Questions & Answers
I have a modem from vividwireless & wanted to know ifI could use it to set up the internet with mint. The internet I’m using is hopeless, it only works occasionally. I pay Telstra $62 a month & it keeps going up. email@example.com
If the modem is not locked and able to be updated with the new pppoe username and password details we supply then you can use.
You'd have to check with vivid if that is the case though, we can't tell.
Best to call through to us on 1300 58 64 68 during business hours and we can answer any and all questions for you.
You can use any modem that is compatible with NBN.
which router would be supplied by Mint for HFC connection in Melbourne?
We don't supply modems or routers.
We would typically offer to sell a preconfigured Netcomm Wireless unit but due to covid impacts they currently have no stock in Australia.
When you call us we can provide recommendations on suitable units for your situation to purchase.
I have a Netcomm in Sydney, I think it's best to ask Mint directly for the model they supply in Melbourne.
Get an answer from our members and Mint Telecom representatives
About Mint Telecom
- All plans start off with a 6-month contract, with a month-to-month service and no lock-in contracts after this.
- Every plan includes unlimited data, for added peace of mind that you won’t blow your budget.
- Mint Telecom provides local customer service support from a team based in Hobart, Tasmania.
Mint Telecom services
The top Mint Telecom phone plans are:
- Nude plan: At $69.95 monthly, it includes a working phone service, and calls to other Mint NBN customers.
- Starter plan: For $74.95 monthly, this includes the features of the Nude plan plus the ability to make local calls to non-Mint NBN customers.
- Ultimate plan: At $94.95 per month, this is the most premium popular plan. With this plan, customers can make local, national and mobile calls.
Internet - NBN Services
The three most popular Internet NBN services with customers are:
- NBN25: with a basic evening speed minimum 15Mbps ($69.95 a month).
- Unlimited NBN plan: with a standard plus evening minimum 30 Mbps ($79.95).
- NBN100: with a basic evening speed minimum 60 Mbps ($89.95).
Small Business Phone Systems
A Hosted PBX solution lets you use the cloud to manage call flows and setup. SIP trunks can be plugged into a traditional phone system, with the added benefit of HD voice quality and lower call costs. Both of these options are advertised as part of the setup for Small Business Phone Systems.
Points of praise from Mint customers
- It was a common experience of reviewers that Mint provides a reliable NBN service with no dropouts or disruptions to the service.
- Customer service staff are excellent at assisting customers with setting up their new services. Customers who don’t regard themselves as tech savvy noted that this involved skill as well as patience.
- Reviewers loved that customer service staff were based in Australia. Staff members were able to efficiently resolve issues, without double-handling or redirecting enquiries.
- Staff at Mint Telecom were attentive, and made their customers feel valued with each interaction.
- Staff respond promptly to customer questions or issues.
- Mint Telecom's proactive approach was appreciated by customers. It included staff notifying customers about power outages before they occur, and recommending options to facilitate a speedier internet connection, for example by updating old modems.
Pricing and plan information in this Details section are accurate as at February 24th 2022.
|Category||Internet Service Providers||Internet Service Providers||Internet Service Providers||Internet Service Providers|
|Standard Monthly Price||$79.95||$69.95||$89.95||$99.95|
|Typical Evening Download Speed||30Mbps||15Mbps||60Mbps||60Mbps|
|Max Upload Speed||20 Mbps||5 Mbps||20 Mbps||40 Mbps|
|Packages Available||Bundle and Standalone||Bundle and Standalone||Bundle and Standalone||Bundle and Standalone|
|Contract||Set Period||Set Period||Set Period||Set Period|
|Max Download Speed||50 Mbps||25 Mbps||100 Mbps||100 Mbps|
Contact info for Mint Telecom
- ABN: 53605822062
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.