Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries DXK09ZMA-S (2.5kW)

MPN: 35905840

See the Best Split System Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mike

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good little split system

This unit has been installed into a larger bedroom with high ceilings (approx 18m^2) and has performed very well considering it's smaller size. The system cools the room quickly and quietly and has made it through the worst of summer with no hiccups.
Only issue is the back-to-back installation gives some audible vibrations when under heavy load, but suspect this is more to do with the location of the installation rather than any issue with the unit.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Zhen

ZhenBrisbane

Good model. Low on power

Very good model. Got it when it was during the clearance period. Very powerful for a small unit and energy efficient.
It's very quiet compared to the Fujitsu 2.5kw model which I have in my bedroom.

Power consumption on high is about 600kw (base on my solar power smart meter).

Feature wise, this unit comes with 3D fan blades where it can go up and down, left and right.

The only downside for this unit is that, the gas is the older form which is not too environmental friendly.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
TIMOTHY

TIMOTHY

Cool and warm

We wanted to get an air-con that actually works. The previous one we got never really cools down the room after some time. This model works. And it's easy to use. The remote control makes it so much easier. It has no noise but the installation fees were high. You should call around for installation before settling.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Kev H

Kev HMid North Coast, NSW

Quiet Air Conditioner

The recent hot summer convinced me to buy an air conditioner for my bedroom/ensuite. Having recently bought a Mitsubishi fridge, I decided to stick to a Mitsubishi Air Con. The installation went very smoothly, thanks to easy access to a balcony via the top of my built in wardrobe. The unit is very quiet & cools the room down quickly. I generally turn it on about 30 minutes before I go to bed & turn it off after reading in bed for another 30 minutes, before going to sleep. I use similar timing when using the heating in winter. The remote works well & the air con holds the temperature well, once the room is up or down to the set temp.

Very happy with this air con!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Kevin DHowlong

Peaceful summer sleep at last

Date PurchasedDec 2016

reefa21381

reefa21381Queensland, Australia

Great quality

Great quality air cons,super quiet indoor and outdoor units , you can have pretty much any fan direction possible and also has 3d auto which is useful , silicone coated pcb boards which is great for gecko protection and also the outdoor unit is hot dipped for corrosion resistance.Would recommend to anyone and they are easy to install for a qualified installer who knows what they are doing , my reccomendation to anyone buying and air con is to pay for a good quality install if anninstaller is very cheap its cheap for a reason! and they might be here in summer but when you call them in winter when you have a problem the installer is nowhere to be found ,cheers

See all Mitsubishi DXK-ZMA-S Series reviews

Max H.asked

I had a 2.5kW DXK09ZMA-S installed Jan 2017_The installer fitted a condensate pump which after about 3 months went very noisy and turned on whether the ac was running or not, for random periods often between midnight & dawn and during the day. My complaint to the installer saw another pump installed{????} and was informed there would be noise. Subsequently the pump became noisy again, and power to the system was turned off. After about 18 months of phone calls the pump works noisily but the system wont go on. The pump runs very hot and appears to be pumping nothing except atoms of hope_ PLEASE EXPLAIN---- Max Herman

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Glen A.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi Max,

While we're sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the pump on your unit, without having one of authorised service agents inspect the unit, it's had to tell what the issue might be.

I'd suggest jumping onto our website and submitting a warranty service request and one of service agents will organise to come and assess the unit for you. https://mhiaa.com.au/consumer-help-centre/warranty/warranty-service-request/

Max H.

Thank you for your concern and I will consider your statement as I have already spoken to MHI. It appears that a non MHI pump is sanctioned for fitment with the AC unit and supposedly there is no {???} warranty involved except that on the pump! Note the word SANCTIONED!! it appears that with a 12 month life warranty I may be up for at least another $900 -$1200 depending on the whims of the installer who has replaced it once and has still not responded to even look at it again despite calls by both my wife & myself for more than eighteen {18} months. He should have at least called into inspect it! An inspection was arranged by myself following conversation with Chris {95443400} at MHI for TCB {0439-753-101} of Corio{Geelong} and it appears the same Thing will happen with a bill in excess of $600+{approx.} for rectification of improper wiring and now a request for a power point to be installed in the ceiling space. At this point my intention is to contact Consumer Affairs to report this state of affairs and seek full redress. Note I have not had the use of this AC unit until TCB got it temporarily operative before final rectification following above mentioned details. to say we are unimpressed is to put mildly and at the moment MHI is just another swear word. My number is 52824940 if you have anything further to advise and please note we have three other units by Mitsubishi previously installed. Max HERMAN

Joshua T

Joshua Tasked

I installed my unit on 2015 Feb and is hardly use. Today the timer light flashes 7 times after running for a while. While it ran there was no cooling except air as the compressor did not kick in. There after the flashes came (7 times) on the timer.

I tried turn the compressor off and on for maybe 30sec and turn it back on same thing repeat.

Any advice?

Stew
Stew

Are you sure that the temperature was right for cool and that you had it on the cool mode? Have you cleaned the filter since you have had it as they need to be done and if it still is not working I think you might have to get a professional to look at it.

Monty sidhu

Monty sidhuasked

Does this model have heating function?

Kevin D

Yes, it's a REVERSE CYCLE a/c - that's what reverse cycle means - you can find more info than you can handle by going on the internet
I don't use this feature as I prefer doonas and hot-water bottles... oh, and a lovely warm hairy dog on the bed - just old-fashioned and stuck in the mud!

Maggie and me
Maggie and me

Yes, the model is Reverse Cycle very economic to run and we have 2 in this house, had 2 in our last house and love the brand.

Milly02
Milly02

Yes it does and as stated it is reverse cycle and that is a hot OR cold machine. It is being used on hot (only 18oC) at the moment and the large living room gets quite hot on that temperature sometimes I have to turn it off as it is too warm in here.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries representatives