Mitsubishi Lancer CJ

Mitsubishi Lancer CJ (2007-2015)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mitsubishi? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
DR
DRMelbourne

So bloody reliable

Bought second hand back in 2014 for $10.5K. my best investment ever.
Might not be the prettiest car but it sure is reliable. We have treated Lance poorly, gotten the car bogged, taken it places we probably shouldn't have and it's never let us down. Honestly, the best $10.5K I could have ever spent and I feel very loyal now to the Mitsubishi brand.
Contemplating buying a Triton for some off road adventures. But I'll keep Lance going as my city car until the bitter end!

Purchased for $10,500.00.

Noise Level

Still miss this car

Bought one of these new in 2014 and owned it for 5 years, great car to have for no issues with a good mix of efficiency and power from the 2.4L mivec. Great handler and a fun car to drive that was ahead of its time in looks. I think this car still looks better than a lot of new cars coming out in this segment today.

Purchased in January 2014 for $28,000.00.

Aaron S.
Aaron S.Gippsland, VIC

Reliable AF, good all rounder.

I went on a search for a second hand car with decent looks, reliability and full of extras which led me to a Lancer VRX.

I've owned one for nearly three years now ( 8 years old when I purchased it ) and it's given me no issues at all. It just keeps going and going. Lots of features , decent servicing prices, decent power and economy. Just a great all rounder.

Purchased in June 2018.

Andrew1964
Andrew1964AU

Now at 260000km

this is an update - we have driven another 80000km since the last update. The Lancer has now done 260000 faultless km.

Nothing has been needed apart from tyres and maintenence oil and filter every 10k and a battery at 9 years old [about 5 years ago now]

I still say "What a great little car. Just the right balance of ride & handling power & economy" .

Road noise is a bit tyre-dependant... but what a pain free terrific, honest car!
I was , and still am, amazed they are so cheap to buy
CJ Lancer is an under-rated value proposition.

Purchased in March 2010 for $11,000.00.

Mark
MarkLaunceston, TAS

A good car

Recently purchased A 2008 VRX manual 2.4 for a second car very impressed with the power from the 2.4 ltr , 5 star ancap rating,handles great good brakes, the only gripe is there is some road noise but can be fixed with some sound proofing. Good size boot for a car of this size, also the engine has a timing chain not at belt that needs replacing every 90,000km :) Good proven engine.

Purchased in January 2020 for $7,600.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Martin
MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my Lancer!

This is my third Lancer and I have yet to be disappointed. The economy and driving experience are very good, and it looks pretty stylish too. Repairs are relatively inexpensive. My only criticism is that the build seems a bit tinny, and I don't think it would do well in a bingle.

Purchased in January 2020.

Amelia
AmeliaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Loved having this car!

I got a 2009 model (automatic) in September 2011 and owned it until March 2019 (only sold because I moved overseas). Over the 8 years, no issues with the car other than two re-calls which Mitsubishi fixed immediately. I got it serviced when required as per mechanic and considering I used it a lot for work everyday, very happy with no issues, just the standard brakes, tyres etc. Cost about $60 to fill up and so efficient.

Purchased in September 2011 at Mitsubishi Dealers for $14,000.00.

Ash Smithh
Ash SmithhPerth, WA

mitsubishi lancer vr 2008

its a reliable car that has never broken down, value for money with fuel economy even after all these years it still runs the same as the first day i brought it. zippy and compact than another 4 door normal family sedan

Purchased in October 2014 at Ford Dealers.

Ashliegh.D
Ashliegh.DCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

If I could rate it a zero, I would.

Purchased in April 2016 for $26,000.00.

B Tra
B TraIllawarra, NSW

I have the manual version of the lancer SX MY11. This car has been very promising. It is durable and has yet to cause any problems. The interior is a little outdated, but I swapped the headunit for a touch screen aftermarket, giving it a great look. It is responsive and a fun drive. The paint job is an issue though, i have noticed the clear coat peeling off ever so slightly already which is quite worrying. All in all, mechanically it is top notch, but the paint work is something that mitsubishi really should have paid closer attention to.

Purchased in November 2018 at private for $6,000.00.

Ninian
NinianCairns

Best money spent.

My boyfriend and I have Lancer, never had a single problem with it. :) My partner is a mechanic and recommended me to buy this car over any car! Transmission is smooth, aircon works really great. I drive to uni and for placements which is a bit of a distance but never had any problems. Amazing car!

BadgeSX
Date PurchasedAug 2018
Lachlan B
Lachlan BCentral Queensland, QLD

Good old car

Car is now 10 years old and bought second hand. Previous owner clearly didn't look after it well due to paint chips scratches and stone chips being all over the paintwork. Mechanically, it still runs perfectly after 170 000km and feels reliable to drive.

Would recommend Lancers if you're looking for a good reliable car, just watch out for paint peel on the older models.

BodyHatch
BadgeActiv
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedNov 2018

Love the car but fuel consumption is expensive

I have owned my beautiful Mitsi Lancer Ralliart for just over 2 years. I love everything about this car except that this car does a maximum of 350km to 380km a full tank and has to use Premium 98 petrol.
The car is beautiful inside and is amazingly stunning on the outside.

BadgeRalliart
Date PurchasedMar 2015
Chris
ChrisCanberra

expensive to fix man

This car is good if you maintain it properly. However, it is very expensive to fix even just for a low speed crash. Can go to 10000! I assume the lancer has a bad product quality regarding product itself, not referring to the passengers safety. So if you broken ur lancer better just get rid of it and move on! Typical Japanese car.
And sometime ABS does not work at all. So forget about it and go whatever else!

BadgeES Sport
Date PurchasedJune 2018

Jodie
Jodie

Love my Lancer, won’t buy another vehicle

I purchased my 2014 Lancer as an ex demo model with lots of optional extras like tinted windows, sat nav, camera and reversing sensors. Love my Lancer! Has so much room for a mid sized sedan. I can fit three adults and two car seats in plus a weeks shopping in the boot.

BadgeES