Love this fridge in spite of common door issue

Looks fantastic, easy to clean, huge veg drawer at the perfect height and freezer drawer on the bottom, veg lasts longer than any fridge I’ve ever had, perfect...
Developed issue of flap (for sealing doors) flipping open when left door only opened...doesn’t do it if right door already open so it appears the right door interferes with the opening of the left and pulls the seal into its closed position...Mitsubishi sent someone who changed out the left door seal arm/spring but it’s also doing it so maybe a design fault requiring as others say both doors to be opened...I noticed if you are really soft and gentle you can get away with it but most people don’t open a fridge door that way
I love it anyway

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $2,700.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Love it, love it, love it.

What a fabulous appliance. To those of you who didn't learn straight up the "trick" to opening the doors. Sorry. Both left and right must be opened using the ridge at the bottom of the doors. So much room, so many drawers, plenty of lighting to see what you have in it, and the ice-maker! What more could you want? I just love it and recommend it highly. Lucky enough to only pay $2,699 on special.

Purchased in December 2018 for $2,699.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Excellent Refrigerator/Freezer

First off, I need to respond to a couple of other reviewers here. Specifically samuel s. and Judi. It sounds like you are both doing what my wife and I initially instinctively did, opening the right-hand door (correctly using the finger channel underneath) and then opening the left door by grabbing hold of the vertical side which includes the white plastic centre divider. Doing this, one tends to pull it open (Flat), requiring you to force it back flat. Instead ALWAYS open both doors from underneath using the hidden finger channel ON BOTH doors. Readers here will guess you both will have worked this out by now, but a tip/warning for others looking to buy this excellent fridge freezer. It is not a fault of the the fridge. It's a user fault!

Now onto my review. This is an almost perfect refrigerator. Mitsubishi are up there as one of the best air conditioning manufacturers in the world today, so they know something about cooling stuff. This is a well designed fridge/freezer. The outside is very different to other brands with the lack of visible handles, glass front (which you can draw on with marker pen. Very handy for note to the family or reminders to buy milk, butter, etc) and the general sleek minimalist look. The display is hidden in the left-hand side of the front panel and lights up when you press your finger on a subtle graphic. Gosh, even the Mitsubishi Electric Inverter logo is minimalist compared to other fridges. Nice one Mitsubishi! We opted for the silver version btw.

The super chiller is a neat function that extends the life of fish, meats, cheeses, etc by lowering the temp. The ice maker works great and is simple to use. They even thought of including a little rubber mat so the ice cubes don't clatter and make a noise when being produced. Nice touch that.

As others have mentioned, some of the tray plastics feel a little flimsy, which lets, what otherwise is a great fridge, down a little. The lighting is bright. The veg crisper and freezer compartments are adequate and keep produce frozen and fresh. Not sure about Mitsubishi's claim the yellow veggie light adds Vitamin C and keeps the veggies fresher for longer. Mmmmm.

Last but not least, Mitsubishi's designers thoughtfully included hard square 'feet socks' to cover the front feet adjusters. A nice touch that tops off the square minimalist look. Lovely.

Finally, it's bloody quiet! Our last fridge I'm sure harboured gremlins and made a constant racket. This one is so so quiet and very energy efficient too.

Overall, whilst this is priced in the mid-upper price point range, it is fantastic value because of what it offers and delivers. I should mention, a bonus for us at the time, Mitsubishi had a bonus time-limited offer of free Tefal cookware when you purchase before a certain date. This offer didn't sway is one way or another. We did our research and chose this regardless. Luckily my wife spotted the offer on the manufacturers website just after we bought it. This offer is no longer available.

Our recommendation is you should include this fridge in your shopping list for consideration.

Purchased in December 2018 for $2,599.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Great fridge after issue resolved.

First thing I noticed with my new fridge was the left hand door white plastic arm flinging out and not returning back in when closing the door which resulted in it smashing on the right hand door. Reached out to Mitsubishi after a month of visitors coming over and smashing the doors together which resulted in someone coming over and replacing a small spring in the left hand door. This didn’t fix the issue. Called again and someone was there within two weeks to replace the whole plastic arm brand new. I no longer have the issue but have a small amount of damage (scratches) on the right hand door which is disappointing but happy it’s fixed. The fridge overall is great, love the ice dispenser, love the vege drawer and the spacious freezer. Would be 5/5 stars if it wasn’t for the issue with the door.

Purchased in August 2018.

Out of the box and display is not working

Just bought this product and turned it on. Display stays on and doesnt respond to anything (its not child locked). Very dissapointing considering the amount of money I've paid for it. Will return and go to a different brand.

Purchased in February 2019 for $4,000.00.

Top fridge

Glass finish is very nice & easy to wipe down. Internal lighting is excellent. Maintains perfect temperature in all compartments. Easy to use touch screen on door. Very very quiet. Vege drawer is so easy to access spacious & keeps veges fresh..especialy love this. Plenty of space in all compartments. Love the separate chill & cooler drawers for keeping meat or cheese etc extra cool. Only complaint is these lightweight chill & cooler drawers could have improved slide open action. Icemaker works a treat. Overall very happy with our new fridge.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great fridge except for flimsy plastic parts

This fridge is great. Plenty of space for family of 5 (we did already have a separate chest freezer). We have noticed a difference in our power bill due to it's efficiency over our old fridge despite this one being much larger. The semi-auto ice maker is great and takes up very minimal space. Food is kept at the right temp and it seems to be even throughout the fridge space. Very easy to organise and rearrange if needing to fit large platters etc. Separate vegie drawer is sturdy and great. Kids get free range in there if hungry so they are eating healthier. So why only 4 stars? Despite all that's great above they went cheap on the flimsy plasticy chiller drawers, cheese shelf flap and leg covers. One of the leg covers never fitted properly from day 1 (this I don't really care about). The cheese shelf flap has broken already (this is really annoying and will need to be replaced). Despite this, overall happy with purchase. We got it for a really great price, best looking fridge in it's price range, runs well, efficient and quiet.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

It is so great. I love it

Very Happy with this purchase, This replaced another one that bit the dust. I have this outside in FL under a large awning by pool and it keeps everything including storage in door ice cold at half setting. It is kept high and dry but outside in heat. No freezer and plenty storage with adjustable glass shelves which is decent for bottle and can storage. Shipped fast and I was impressed with packaging albiet lots of packaging trash but well done

Date PurchasedNov 2017

A bit frustrated

I bought this fridge for the separate vege drawer as I have this version in the single size fridge/freezer and I love that aspect. Only problem I have is the left hand door of the fridge plastic seal in the middle of the door needs to be manually pushed back in before the door can shut. Appears to be a design fault and as I am left handed I prefer to open the left hand side.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Fabulous fridge, but minor imperfections

My family is thrilled with this fridge. In particular, I love the vegetable drawer, the ice maker and the huge capacity. What I don't love is that the silver glass finish shows fingerprints and smears. Easy to clean off, but a bit annoying. The French doors don't close unless they are shut quite firmly. When you do that, the bottles in the doors bang around. It would be great if the door compartments came with those inserts that stop bottles moving around. Some fridges have them. The wide chilled cover/flap is pretty cheap and flimsy unfortunately, but I am pleasantly surprised that I like the wide chiller more than I expected. It's great to see all the dairy and antipasto laid out in one place. The super cooler is brilliant for storing fish, soups and meat at a nice cold (but not frozen) temperature.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Has the wow factor

Great looking frig, super quiet and very functional. I love the vegie drawer - keeps everything fresh and at the right temperature and it is easy to see everything - no more rotten vegetable hidden at the back. The ice maker is also another great feature without the extra expense of plumbing. Overall very impressed

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Perfect and quite roomy

This is our 1st Mitsubishi consumer product, its a great looking fridge and quite large for a growing family. Love the ice making function without plumbing.
Though some of the shelves (super chill) are a bit plasticy and flimsy compared to other brands...just hoping it lasts the tenure. Will give it a Go!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Fantastic all round great fridge.

Very sturdy and elegant looking fridge. The toughened glass shelves are adjustable to a variety of configurations, the drinks and bottled condiments holders are generous, and the freezer with quick ice-maker is superb. Aesthetically pleasing it oozes class and sophistication, and would look good in any house. You won’t be disappointed.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best fridge I have ever had

Have had this fridge for only 2.5 weeks but so far I am totally happy with it. It looks great, the glass on stainless steel finish works well, it is pretty much silent and it keeps the food in great condition. It is also very flexible with its drawer configuration and access is easy. The controls are electronic and very simple. It has an ice maker with a manually filled water tank which suits perfectly as our last fridge had a plumbed water supply which split causing significant damage.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Fridge no nonsense and very Quiet and very cold

This French door fridge offers fuss-free access to your refrigerated items. This refrigerator has tempered glass shelves, making it easy to clean any spills. The fridge volume is 333L, fitting a wide range of container sizes.
Supercool chilling case set between -3 and 0 degrees so I find it perfect for really cold beer
I still really would like an option to plumb in the ice maker and a water chiller would be great as we still have the dramas in no one refills the water or ice water container
Made in Thailand not japan but still good quality so far

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I am trying to decide between the LX, EX or WX, but the WX is $1000 more expensive. I have worked out the EX and WX are Japanese made, but this LX is a bit bigger. I am torn. How on earth did you decide to buy this particular model over the other two? Was there anything that you decided was better in this model? Is it ok that this one is made in Thailand instead of Japan?
We made the decision based on the capacity. Not where it was made. Mitsubishi's QA would be as good made in a factory in Thailand as much as it would be in Japan. So location of manufacture was not an issue for us. Regardless of where they are made, Australian Consumer Laws and your rights cover you regardless of where your product is manufactured. If you feel you need the extra capacity, go for the LX. Mitsubishi have a good reputation in the commercial air conditioning industry. As a fridge is effectively an air conditioner in a box, you can't go wrong. Quiet. Energy efficient. Minimalistic design. Good functionality. Good warranty. What else is on your checklist?Thank you. Does it affect the freshness of the fruit and veg without being able to control the temperature? In the wx it has both the led light as well as the ability to control the temp. I think that is the difference between them, thinner walls giving more internal space and more features for the Jap made models...but more expensive too!

Cannot find any information on what happens with the automatic ice maker if there is not enough water? If no further ice is needed for a few days does it still need purging after stop ice making is applied?
Hello Mini, I agree. The instruction manual does not address your first question at all. I'm not sure what you mean with reference to 'purging' but if you decide on no further ice, you have to manually switch off the ice making function. I'm not sure why. Again the manual does not specifically give reason to switch off or leave on or if the ice making pump continues to work, etc etc. Perhaps Mitsubishi, if you are monitoring this forum, could chip in with further advice on this?

How common is a fault in the touch display? Ours is new out of the box and locked in demo mode. I’ve tried to unlock using your guidelines but still stuck

MR-LX630EM-GSL (Argent Silver)MR-LX630EM-GBK (Brilliant Blank)
Price (RRP) $3,599$3,699
Dimensions 1798 x 900 x 735 mm1798 x 900 x 735 mm
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Frost Free and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Frost Free and Ice Dispenser
Colour / Finish Argent SilverBrilliant Black
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves33
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 11
Weight110 kg110 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Capacity