Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series

• Room Type
  • Heating / Cooling Speed
lusitan

lusitanSouth East Queensland, QLD

cheap option in a budget

Purchased in November 2018 for A$1,490.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Living/Dining Area
maer

maerPerth

good

The cooling is very fast, just after a while, the whole room has been very good, and the whole is ok.
Workmanship is very fine.
Looked very strong.
The noise is basically not, and it is very power-saving to use. When buying, you must buy the number of suitable rooms, otherwise the effect will not be very good.
Air conditioning filter equipment is also very convenient to clean, a very good product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Katie

Katie

Terrible warranty service - do not buy!!!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric
Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Clementsons

ClementsonsPerth WA

Great Aircon unit

We've had our airconditioning unit for almost 3 years now and its been wonderful. We've had no issues with it at all. The heat and aircon work really well. The unit is sleek and looks great on our wall. I have no hesitation recommending this product. We bought both a 2.5 and 3.5kw units.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
prebishkarelys921

prebishkarelys921Goodna

wonderful

This air conditioning unit is very good and works well. It has a good remote control, and the display on the remote is easy to understand. Its cooling and heating are satisfactory. This is an air conditioner with superior performance. That's great. Silent effect is very good, no sound when you sleep at night, the cooling speed is fast, and the room temperature quickly reaches the set temperature. I will not hesitate to recommend this product to any potential buyers.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Mel

Mel

Its good.

So far it helps us in the winter but not as good as expected. Last summer we had trouble as it dont work it only gives fan and this was in the very hot day. We had to call the shop many times to get it fixed. And they did.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Clint

ClintLowood

Very dissappointed!!!! Only lasted 2 years

- Cooling and heating was excellent
- Unit was quiet
- Unit was very easy to use

However the air-con only lasted two years before it packed it in and now won't heat or cool. Operation Indicator lamp is now flashing which means I have to now pay someone to come and repair or replace the unit.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Brian

BrianPerth, WA

Excellent Machine 3 Inside units 2.2Kw and one 2.5Kw unit.

This unit supplies air to 4 separate head units, (4 Bedrooms) Very quiet and very easy to use, The inside units I have are 3x MSZ-GE22VAD-A1 and 1 MSZ-GE25VAD-A1.I have used both cooling and heating, it's very quick at cooling or heating the rooms and I was surprised at the power bill when it came in, I was a bit worried that we would have a massive bill but to my surprise it was so much less than expected, I would certainly recommend Mitsubishi Air conditioning for anyone wanting a good and economical to run unit for their home or business.
I also have 2 other different brand split systems, 1 x 8kw Panasonic I would rate at 4 stars and a 3.5kw Kelvinator I would rate this as a 3-star unit.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Capitano

CapitanoMelbourne

Relief From Summer Heat

We finally got this installed in our bedroom before last summer so we have now used it for two full summers. What pleasant relief to have proper air conditioning after putting up with fans in there. We made sure we got it done before the rush in spring and the installation was quick and painless. The machine itself has worked flawlessly and it still gives me a small thrill to know I will sleep well no matter what the temperature. Very satisfied with the purchase and have no complaints of any kind. Perfect!.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Lance

LanceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We got two units and they are fantastic for both heating and cooling.

We had our Mitsubishi aircon installed by an electrician.
There is absolutely nothing negative to say about it.
It cools well and heats well. The choice of airflow is fantastic so I can set it to low for low fan noise and high for higher performance.
The basic settings such as hot/cold, temperature, fan speed and vane settings are easy and the timer function I haven't used yet.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Mark7

Mark7melbourne

Very Quiet and Effective

Its hard to find the MSZ-GE series as its far better than the new GL series. I found the unit to be very quiet and effective for the size. Weatherworld in Melbourne do stock them if anyone is interested but not sure if they do sales of just the units.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Orie

OrieSydney

Very efficient and easy to use

I purchased this air conditioner a few years ago, and it's still going strong. It's been placed in a room that gets very hot in the summer, and has been great for getting the temperature down quickly and quietly. The remote accompanying the AC unit makes it a breeze to turn the temperature up and down, or to adjust other settings.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
jonche

joncheMount Gravat Eastt

Reasonably priced and efficient

I suspect this model has been discontinued. bought this during a sales clearance. it was excellent for one of our small master bedroom 4 x 3.5m. Not as noisy as one would expect. Still running strong. just clean your own filters and don't drop the remote ! prefer mitsubishi to panasonic due to horse power...

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Sravan

SravanMelbourne

Excellent value for money

I am very happy with this aircon. It cools my 3.2X3.2 bedroom very quickly and quietly. It was recommended to me by a old friend of mine who is very good at researching into electronics. I highly recommend this to anyone having small rooms. I am not sure about bigger rooms though, it might work well in those situations too.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

ChristopherHervey Bay

Poor product

Installed 20/03/2012 product failed 27/12/2017. One would expect an appliance that cost $2300 would have a longer life span than 5 years and 9 months. Mitsubishi adverts TV will try and convince us that their products are best value for money.

Tracy D

Tracy DSydney

Great for cooling small areas

This unit is a little noisy especially if you're sitting underneath it watching TV, but once it reaches the desired temp all is quiet. We meant to get a much bigger capacity as our house is very open plan, but this one came and we didn't want to wait for the right one. It cools down the lounge room but doesn't reach much further. So you need to be in front of it to cool off. It's really important to get the right unit for the area you want cooled. In hindsight we should have waited. We know next time! The control is easy to use. We use a gas heater in winter, I don't think this air con would have the capacity to heat the house effectively so we won't even try that function come winter. It is nice looking.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Tionee

TioneeAuckland

No heating and A/C is not ice cold - Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE25VA

I had one with the house and its a complete failure. Does not heat at all when I set it on heat mode and during a 29°C day A/C was horrible not really cold. I don't know if it's my machine personally or if it happens to everyone but I had a complete bad experience with this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Sean.S

Sean.SFremantle

Perfect for dismal whether

The heating and cooling of my AC is perfect. I try to usually keep it at 24 degrees but for those miserable days it works magic. It is quiet, depending on fan speed and the installation was brilliant. Easy to use and as my household is rather large, it can cool down 5+ rooms with ease.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

MITSUBISHI RECOMMENDED

Purchased in Nov. 2017 - Excellent cooling and heating - leaves the old Teco for dead. Its nice and quiet, easy to use. The installers were excellent. It's 45 c outside today and its no problem for the Mitsubishi. nice and cool inside. Very happy with Mitsubishi Split Air-con unit. .

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Amanda

Amandamelb

EXcellent split system, runs well and easy to use.

We have had our split system for just over a year now and it is really good. Easy to use and keeps most of our house cool in summer. We have it in an open lounge kitchen/dining/lounge, it cools the whole area and also just reached the bedroom so at either end of the house. The bedrooms are just a bit far away to be cool enough, however we are now getting the small versions of this installed into the bedrooms so at when we go to bed we will switch off the big one and turn on the bedrooms on really hot summer nights. We will be buying same brand again as we are very happy with it.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Matthew

Matthewasked

MSZ-GE22VAB (2.2kW)

Can dry mode be used during the middle of winter to reduce humidity in a room? Or will this create pressure on the outdoor unit?

Sunny

Sunnyasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Hi. I used to install all PANASONIC split systems, but decided to give Mitsubishi Electric a try this time round.
I bought 4 split system units of MSZAP25VGDKIT 1.25HP 2.5/3.2KW, REVERSE SPLIT, R32 DRED.
and 1 unit of MSZAP80VGDKIT to install in my house.
Two of my 2.5kW unit is playing up. When I turn to AUTO or HEATER mode, and set 24 or 25 degrees, when I increase the fan speed, the unit does not respond, as though it is running on AUTO FAN. It blows air when it wants to, and ceases when it doesnt want to.
When I set the vertical vane downwards, it also does not respond. The vane is always blowing horizontal, sometimes, it will tilt down and blows hard, then go back up again in dormant state.
I wonder why is this happening, when I deliberately set the fan speed and vertical vane direction, it should respond so. But it is acting as though it is in AUTO fan and AUTO vane. Very frustrating.
I do not have issues with the other units, only this one.
The units are only 4 months old.
Can someone please advise if the units are faulty? I have gone through the User Manual several times, but there was no solution to the problem. Thank you.

Loreana M.

Loreana M.asked

MSZ-GE Series

Just got double head MSZ-GE25VAD installed today for my and my child's bedroom. Everything I get it on, it operates for about 6 to 7 mins and the shuts off and enter in stand by mode.
I have tried with different settings and nothing, I don't know what else to do I have try everything in the manual

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

Hi Loreana,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your air conditioning units. Please contact your installer as soon as possible and ask them to take a look at it. The installer can contact our Technical Support team on 1300 651 808 should they need advice.

If you still require assistance after they have looked at your system, feel free to call us on the same number and our team will be more than happy to assist. We do recommend speaking to your installer in the first instance.

Best Regards,
Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives