Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Clementsons

ClementsonsPerth WA

Great Aircon unit

We've had our airconditioning unit for almost 3 years now and its been wonderful. We've had no issues with it at all. The heat and aircon work really well. The unit is sleek and looks great on our wall. I have no hesitation recommending this product. We bought both a 2.5 and 3.5kw units.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
    prebishkarelys921

prebishkarelys921Goodna

wonderful

This air conditioning unit is very good and works well. It has a good remote control, and the display on the remote is easy to understand. Its cooling and heating are satisfactory. This is an air conditioner with superior performance. That's great. Silent effect is very good, no sound when you sleep at night, the cooling speed is fast, and the room temperature quickly reaches the set temperature. I will not hesitate to recommend this product to any potential buyers.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
    Brian

BrianPerth, WA

Excellent Machine 3 Inside units 2.2Kw and one 2.5Kw unit.

This unit supplies air to 4 separate head units, (4 Bedrooms) Very quiet and very easy to use, The inside units I have are 3x MSZ-GE22VAD-A1 and 1 MSZ-GE25VAD-A1.I have used both cooling and heating, it's very quick at cooling or heating the rooms and I was surprised at the power bill when it came in, I was a bit worried that we would have a massive bill but to my surprise it was so much less than expected, I would certainly recommend Mitsubishi Air conditioning for anyone wanting a good and economical to run unit for their home or business.
    I also have 2 other different brand split systems, 1 x 8kw Panasonic I would rate at 4 stars and a 3.5kw Kelvinator I would rate this as a 3-star unit.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
    Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW) compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Capitano

CapitanoMelbourne

Relief From Summer Heat

We finally got this installed in our bedroom before last summer so we have now used it for two full summers. What pleasant relief to have proper air conditioning after putting up with fans in there. We made sure we got it done before the rush in spring and the installation was quick and painless. The machine itself has worked flawlessly and it still gives me a small thrill to know I will sleep well no matter what the temperature. Very satisfied with the purchase and have no complaints of any kind. Perfect!.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
    Lance

LanceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

We got two units and they are fantastic for both heating and cooling.

We had our Mitsubishi aircon installed by an electrician.
    There is absolutely nothing negative to say about it.
    It cools well and heats well. The choice of airflow is fantastic so I can set it to low for low fan noise and high for higher performance.
    The basic settings such as hot/cold, temperature, fan speed and vane settings are easy and the timer function I haven't used yet.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    Orie

OrieSydney

Very efficient and easy to use

I purchased this air conditioner a few years ago, and it's still going strong. It's been placed in a room that gets very hot in the summer, and has been great for getting the temperature down quickly and quietly. The remote accompanying the AC unit makes it a breeze to turn the temperature up and down, or to adjust other settings.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
    jonche

joncheMount Gravat Eastt

Reasonably priced and efficient

I suspect this model has been discontinued. bought this during a sales clearance. it was excellent for one of our small master bedroom 4 x 3.5m. Not as noisy as one would expect. Still running strong. just clean your own filters and don't drop the remote ! prefer mitsubishi to panasonic due to horse power...

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
    Sravan

SravanMelbourne

Excellent value for money

I am very happy with this aircon. It cools my 3.2X3.2 bedroom very quickly and quietly. It was recommended to me by a old friend of mine who is very good at researching into electronics. I highly recommend this to anyone having small rooms. I am not sure about bigger rooms though, it might work well in those situations too.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
    Tionee

TioneeAuckland

No heating and A/C is not ice cold - Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE25VA

I had one with the house and its a complete failure. Does not heat at all when I set it on heat mode and during a 29°C day A/C was horrible not really cold. I don't know if it's my machine personally or if it happens to everyone but I had a complete bad experience with this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Achtlos

AchtlosCanberra 2600, ACT

So good for Canberra

Pretty cheap, (even with a professional install). Ideal for a large bedroom.Doesn't use excessive amounts of power. Nice and quiet when running heat or cooling. Goes nice and hot for winter, nice and cold for summer. The remote seems to think its turned the unit on, when it often hasn't. But considering cost, this is a good aircon.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
    Blue

BlueTemplestowe

LOVE IT

have one larger unit in the small living room for many years (7.5Kw), good for summer to cool down the whole house.
    but bedroom can get very warm some summer night, sleepless and sweat.
    Want to get a small unit for the bedroom, decided to get Mitsubishi brand smaller unit. no regretted, heating and cooling.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Not that quiet

We too had the same problem as some previous previews. The unit is quiet at night with heating mode but sometimes there is cracking sound / intermittent vibration that keeps us awake at night. Haven't tried the cooling mode yet, will wait for summer and see how it goes. However we would not recommend this product to anyone else.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    fann

fannNowra

Perfect air con.

I love this air con. I have it in the bedroom, it is extremely quiet when running, works well, does not give me a dry mouth. It keeps the perfect temperature. It doesn't get too hot or too cold. Much better than the Daikin I have in the living room. Next one I buy will be a Mitsubishi.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
    markk0078

markk0078AU

Does not heat room on quiet setting

We purchased the split system 2
    Months ago and have only used it a handful of times because it won't heat properly on quiet mode. The heater will only hear when the fan is flat out and it is very noisy. The unit also has an intermittent vibration on quiet mode which if it worked keeps us awake at night. We have two Fujitsu in the same size downstairs and they are fantastic at heating and are super quiet.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
    Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Nice, quiet and cool

We chose this unit against the fujitsu mainly because the salesman said it was much quieter and had a further reach. And you know what? He was right...for a change.
    We survived the summer because of this and we don't regret paying over $100 more for this. Highly recommended. The cash back offer helped too!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

monaro2003

monaro2003South Australia, 5255

Excellent Little Unit

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    Appliance junkie

Appliance junkieMelbourne, Victoria

4 star heating and cooling

Pros-2.5 kW. Plenty for our master bedroom 3.9x4.2. Quiet operation. Inverter system, energy efficient 4 star heating and cooling. Quick cooling function. Happy with the modes and swing function. Easy to use remote. Good heating and cooling. Outdoor unit not noisy.
    Cons- Heating takes 1-2 minute to warm up and start.( yet good heating thereafter). Technician installed it for me so don't know how easy or difficult it is to install by yourself.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    J60913

J60913South East Queensland, QLD

Great quiet air conditioner

Had this unit installed in our bedroom a few months ago and cannot fault it, was so surprised when the technician turned it in because I couldn't hear it, so much quieter than my last model which lasted 11 years, quiet and cools very efficiently, power bill wasn't a surprise either !

Date PurchasedJan 2017
    Sara

SaraMelbourne

This is perfect power saver

Mitsubishi is power saver to use rooms ,It does not feel if anything is switched on as no noise,It does not make annoying noise.It is recommended for for indoor and out door use.The best feature is that it works on heating and cooling which is great.I have been using this for years without any problems.Si I do Highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
    Jeff3

Jeff3

A no frills high quality performer

Mitsubishi Electric air conditioners are recommended by installers as a high quality go on for years and years unit. I have several of them at home and highly recommend them. The Mitsubishi Electric air conditioners have higher quality components and can be relied upon for trouble free operation year after year.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
    See all Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series reviews

Sunny

Sunnyasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Hi. I used to install all PANASONIC split systems, but decided to give Mitsubishi Electric a try this time round.
    I bought 4 split system units of MSZAP25VGDKIT 1.25HP 2.5/3.2KW, REVERSE SPLIT, R32 DRED.
    and 1 unit of MSZAP80VGDKIT to install in my house.
    Two of my 2.5kW unit is playing up. When I turn to AUTO or HEATER mode, and set 24 or 25 degrees, when I increase the fan speed, the unit does not respond, as though it is running on AUTO FAN. It blows air when it wants to, and ceases when it doesnt want to.
    When I set the vertical vane downwards, it also does not respond. The vane is always blowing horizontal, sometimes, it will tilt down and blows hard, then go back up again in dormant state.
    I wonder why is this happening, when I deliberately set the fan speed and vertical vane direction, it should respond so. But it is acting as though it is in AUTO fan and AUTO vane. Very frustrating.
    I do not have issues with the other units, only this one.
    The units are only 4 months old.
    Can someone please advise if the units are faulty? I have gone through the User Manual several times, but there was no solution to the problem. Thank you.

Lynton
    Lynton

Sounds like it is short of refrigerant. Vane will only go down and the fan will only run at 'normal' speed when indoor unit coil is at the correct temperature. Sounds like the coil occasionally gets to temperature, the vane drops down, the fan starts up, the coil loses too much temperature due to the airflow, then it tries again. Classic short of refrigerant! See your installer as it's not going to be a warranty call. I'm a refrigeration mechanic with 30 years experience and I also almost exclusively install Mitsi Electric.

Hi Sunny,

As mentioned, please speak with your installer.

Should your installer not be able resolve this for you (they can always contact our technical support team for assistance), you can lodge a service request with us via: https://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/service-request-for-consumers.html

Your installer should be able to assist in the first instance.

Best Regards,
    Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

Matthew C.
    Matthew C.

G'day Sunny. I am just wondering how you went with your mitsubishi split system that wasn't working properly on the heating function. I have the exact same issue as you did. The vane and fan speed will only work sometimes. And it is like it has a mind of its own. Just wondering if you found the problem. Cheers, Matt.

Gds

Gdsasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

Hi there, i was wondering if you could answer my question, I have a reverse cycle model number MUZ-GE25VAD I was wondering what year they were released? thanks Glen

Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

The MSZ-GE series, which includes MUZ-GE outdoor units, was released in 2009.

Kind regards,
    Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support.

Help

Helpasked

MSZ-GE25VAB (2.5kW)

My 2 months old air con mszgl25vgd is not working the Botton light is blinking , what’s going on ?

Christopher
    Christopher

I'm not a technician, however, the bottom light on my unit also blinked after about 5 minutes and shut down. The initial problem was a faulty PCB on the outdoor component. When this was replaced it was tested again and the compressor had failed also. I've written to Mitsubishi, initially they responded within a day and asked for copies of quotes, details of model and serial numbers etc. I have forwarded this information to them, it's been 2 weeks now but I have not received any response since.

Hi,

Can you kindly provide your contact details so that a member of our Customer Care team can contact you to organise an ASP to come out to side and resolve the issue?

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives