Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-GE71VAB (7.1kW)

lusitan

lusitanSouth East Queensland, QLD

cheap option in a budget

Purchased in November 2018 for $1,490.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Living/Dining Area

Katie

Katie

Terrible warranty service - do not buy!!!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric
Mel

Mel

Its good.

So far it helps us in the winter but not as good as expected. Last summer we had trouble as it dont work it only gives fan and this was in the very hot day. We had to call the shop many times to get it fixed. And they did.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

MITSUBISHI RECOMMENDED

Purchased in Nov. 2017 - Excellent cooling and heating - leaves the old Teco for dead. Its nice and quiet, easy to use. The installers were excellent. It's 45 c outside today and its no problem for the Mitsubishi. nice and cool inside. Very happy with Mitsubishi Split Air-con unit. .

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Amanda

Amandamelb

EXcellent split system, runs well and easy to use.

We have had our split system for just over a year now and it is really good. Easy to use and keeps most of our house cool in summer. We have it in an open lounge kitchen/dining/lounge, it cools the whole area and also just reached the bedroom so at either end of the house. The bedrooms are just a bit far away to be cool enough, however we are now getting the small versions of this installed into the bedrooms so at when we go to bed we will switch off the big one and turn on the bedrooms on really hot summer nights. We will be buying same brand again as we are very happy with it.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

JodieAnneGoulburn Valley, VIC

It's almost too efficient!

The installation guys said, "you can't go wrong with a Mitsubishi", but we kind of knew that as it was our 3rd one. We have 3 units throughout our entire house and we have found Mitsubishi to be top of the range. This new one is whisper quiet, it's energy rating is awesome and the remote is child's play to use. We find that we are running this one at 2 degrees warmer than we are used to as we get too cool

Date PurchasedOct 2017

janice

janicePalmerston North, New Zealand

Couldn't be without this air con unit

Yes extremely happy with it's performance for both heating or cooling. It is very quiet to run and much to our amazement does not give us herendous power account's.
The installation was very smooth and quick.
The unit is very easy to use . Overall extreme pleased with our purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Mick

MickDarling Downs, QLD

Exactly what I needed

This aircoditioner unit is outstanding value for money. It works great for cooling and for heating. I'm in Toowoomba and the winter can get pretty cold here and with last summer being a very hot one, it works just great in either season. You can here it ramp down after it has reached the desired temperature and therefore save power. It would have to be the quietest one on the market.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Stan

StanWollongong

Great Air Conditioner

We installed two Air Conditioners to cool the downstairs area of our home, one 5kW and one 7kW system. Both work great and effectively cool the open plan of the home. They are quiet, easy to set up and use, we use the one remote for both units. They are unobtrusive and look good on our walls. Our neighbour was concerned we were setting one of the outdoor units just near his home but we had no issue as the unit is very quiet. They move a lot of air through the house. We're quite happy to recommend these units.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
chaau

chaauGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great looking air conditioner

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Sam

SamDarwin, NT

Happy Customer

Light on features, but it more that makes up for that in value for money.

FairAir calculator recommended 6.9kw for my living room, so the 7.1kw model made perfect sense. I use it cooling as I live in the tropics. Working great so far, seems to cope well with tropical climates.

Very quiet, mine has been professionally installed so the noise or water problems reported here may well come down to installation.

Mitsubishi Electric
Support C.Mitsubishi Electric

MSZ-GE71VA large open area

we installed the above reverse split aircon/heating unit 2 years ago juts after the summer
The heating is only used in morning if a little cool, as we have a central wood heater heating open plan kitchen/lounge area approx. 65M2
The aircond has operated without problem, in last few days we have used it when temp have reached 39C in Melb and usual set the temp to 23 C for a few hours and then choose the economy option from there on
in open plan area there are 2 ceiling fans which are used to help circulate the cooling
good choice and very happy with purchase

Brett
Brett

Rosemary58

Rosemary58Southwest, VIC

Won't be buy a Mitsubishi

I have had my unit for 18mths. and it dumps water from the inside unit. I have only used it about 15 days the most.
Customer service is poor they never call you to let you know when it will be fixed or when someone is coming out
to check the unit. I am constantly calling them. Still waiting for unit to be fixed

Love it. Never had problems with it.

I have owned this for 5 years and never had a problem with it. You need to clean the filters every year or it effects how well it works. Easy done though. Highly recommend to anyone who is thinning about buying this unit. I love the quiet mode and use this function the most.

See all Mitsubishi MSZ-GE Series reviews

Kellie

Kellieasked

How long should I expect my Mitsubishi air conditioner to work for before needing to be replaced?

carcoarkid
carcoarkid

About a week after the warranty runs out.

Reg A

Reg Aasked

Hi my mitsubishi Reverse A/C outdoor unit fan is cutting in and out too often and not going on for very long
What could this problem be?

Gaz

Have you got the temperature setting set to high i.e. 28 if its 30 outside.
It could be the capacitor in the external unit - have a Mitsubishi air-con tech/ installer check it.

Lucia Dasked

Our unit which is one year old 71VAD model the outdoor unit is making one consistent beep and it won't stop. What's wrong with it and how do we disable it? Should we call an electrician it's been working fine till now.

JodieAnne

I would be concerned about it, but I'd call Mitsubishi first. They may be able to guide you through some procedures to try before employing an electrician. I have not had that issue with mine so unfortunately can't offer any solutions.I looked for an answer in my instruction manual for you but unfortunately I have been given two "indoor unit" manuals and no outdoor unit manual at all. I'm sorry I couldn't be on any further help.

Gaz

Suggest you call Mitsubishi Repairer/installer.

Lucia D

Thanks for looking. I rang mitsubishi and booked it in under warranty as the unit is only 9 months old and we had it installed in winter so this is the first time we really used it. Only annoying thing is the beeping just stopped so when the repair guy came to check it out there wasn't anything to see but a working unit. The outdoor unit is outside but the area it is in a roofed outdoor area with meshed in walls so he said its likely it overheated as it in as free flowing air as if it was completely outside. He recommended on the really hot days to hose the back of the outdoor unit with the hose on demist for a good half hr to help cool the unit down. Fingers crossed there isn't any more issues going forward.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Electric representatives