Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Room Type
    • Whole House (2)
    • Living/Dining Area (1)

David

DavidMelbourne

Very Happy

I live in a smallish, three bedroom house in Melbourne. I've had this aircon for a year now, and I love it.
In the very heat of summer, this unit would get my whole house down to a comfortable level. I've placed it in the living room so it blows down the hallway, and as a consequence, in the middle of the worst heatwaves (40+ degrees), my bedroom gets down to 22 degrees. A very sleepable temperature.
I also use it for most of my heating, and whilst it isn't as potent as the ducted heating, it is still very workable.
I can't speak to the cost of running, because I had solar panels installed at the same time, but I haven't had an electricity bill since, so I'm feeling pretty positive about the whole setup.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $1,800.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Whole House

Grant P

Grant PVictoria

It’s perfect for our home

We have found it works perfectly in all conditions
Either heating the large lounge and kitchen areas and cooling off the entire home
It has brilliant features to adapt to the situation

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,300.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Living/Dining Area and Whole House
Abb’s

Abb’sMildura

Great heating and cooling!

Great air con with heating and cooling functions, timer easily set to allow cooling while your away from home. We haven’t had any issues so far perfect size for a massive living and kitchen area. We were able to have the unit installed on an internal wall and have the compressor around the corner outside and it hasn’t effect its capacity at all.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
unhappyblanco

unhappyblancoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quiet, efficient, value for money

This is the second Mitsubishi reverse cycle aircom we've bought. We bought one for the bedroom 4 years ago with no issues so decided to buy the same make ( but more powerful) for the lounge. Excellent machine, quiet, powerful, efficient and excellent value for money. As great to use in summer as in winter. REALLY pleased with this make and will continue to buy from them due to reliability and all round great value.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Mel

MelBrisbane Qld

Replaces short lived crap Fujitsu

I did not review this earlier as I would like to know how it performed after a few months. So far so good, function really well for our open plan kitchen dining living, it is pretty quite & easy to set up. Hope this will lasts much longer than our previous Fujitsu.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Andrew

AndrewSydney

So far so good

Mitsubishi air conditioner was recommended by the electrician who installed for us.
Worked well so far without a beat and it comes with 5 year manufacturer warranty
relatively large output with 7kw cooling and able to cool down most part of the house reasonably quickly
air conditioner is also quiet and has functionality of timing and energy saving mode
No issue with installation, All taken care of by electrician

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Ron M.

Ron M.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for my large lounge room

I had a portable aircon and had nothing but trouble in it being in the way all the time, so I bit the bullet and bought a split aircon, boy am I glad that I did it works perfect it's so quiet and great for my over sized lounge room.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Jake M

Jake M

Simply Awesome!

I bought this just before summer hit on sale from the good guys. Great model air conditioner for the price. Cools the room down quickly and efficiently and low on energy consumption. The inside unit is quiet even on high, although the outside unit makes quite a large hum when it is turned on.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Jake

JakeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Airconditioner for Queensland

We purchased and installed this SRK71ZMA air-conditioner in 2017. The air-conditioner was installed into an open-planned living/dining room that would be more than a hundred square metres. So, the unit has its work cut out for it. Yet, when we get it going in summer it effectively reduces the temperature in this space to a more comfortable temperature. We would recommend the air con, though you may also like to consider solar panels on the roof to reduce the electricity costs.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
natski stanton

natski stantonAU

Great Aircon

We had to get a new aircon as our previous one stopped on Christmas Eve, Summer in Far North Qld without Aircon is not fun. Easy to use and love the hi mode which puts the aircon on hi mode for 15min to cool the room then automatically drops it back to your normal setting. We have a large high ceiling spaced and this was value for money and works so well to cool the house down.. Add in the cash back if you time it right and we are very happy

hokianga

hokiangaGippsland, VIC

Quiet but not as good as I had hoped for.

Sometimes takes quite a while to start up, with the green light flashing on and off, can understand that on a very frosty morning but not on a normal day. Remote is quite complicated so we have it just on the basic settings. It would be good if the handbook was more user friendly, you have to really hunt through to find what all the symbols mean. We bought 3 at the same time, 2 of this model and one other model, there seems to be a real performance difference between the 2 of the same model, to the point I wonder if our house one has been installed properly.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

nick whatley

nick whatley

don't waste your money

It battles to keep house warm in general. When weather drops below zero it spends most of its time in defrost mode.it battles to keep lounge and hall warm 22deg.
I used to have 3bar electric wall heater with fan that was removed when heat pump was in stalled, I am looking at getting another 3bar fan heater installed as it used to keep house warm !.
I do not understand why you would design a system such as this when it spends most of its time in defrost mode when you require the heat the most .
Total waste of money !!!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Julie Talbot

Julie TalbotVictoria Point

Great machines

Excellent quick cooling and heating, great economy and quiet functions, look great. Have previously had Daikin, would never buy again and would always buy Mitsubishi. Great price. Quiet, easy to use remote, preset for economic cooling and heating, also has manual controls to rapidly heat or cool. Electricity bills have been good despite using two air conditioners throughout summer.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Marion

Marion

Perfection on a wall

Brilliant for cooling, just started using it for heating and seems brilliant for that as well!! It is whisper quiet (I have to look to see if it is still on!), and the manual and remote are easy to understand and use even for me. No problems with the installation either. This unit has made living so much better - an absolute joy to have this in my life, it covers a large area in a short time without a fuss.

Mick48Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a great a/c and quiet.

Great a/c and cools two large rooms by five degrees within an hour. The performance in hot weather was outstanding even though house was very hot. So much better than evaporative cooling. Settings on the remote control was very easy to understand and use without having to read instruction manual and maintenance very easy. Install was about 4hrs. Would highly recommend to others.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Mick48

Just an update.. with all the warm weather this air conditioner just keeps working fantastic. It get so cold we have to turn off. Highly recommend

celeste

celesteSydney

What a relief! Really easy, really effective.

wallaby

wallaby

Quiet, and plenty of grunt

Date PurchasedJan 2016

V8Snail

V8SnailWA, 6230

Nearly Perfect!

I have installed four of these between family and friends with one having been installed for a few years now without issues.
They are quiet, efficient, easy to service, have effective airflow and well laid out intuitive remotes.
I knocked off one star for the finish of one unit where the louvers don't park up exactly flush. Not exactly a deal breaker but the unit is in full view and is noticeable once spotted.
Overall, recommended for this price range as you won't find better value for this price point, all things considered.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Stretch

StretchKuranda

Cooling only model SRK24YMA-S

Date PurchasedAug 2016

See all Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series reviews

Mark R.

Mark R.asked

How much for head unit only

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Glen A.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi Mark,

Given this model has been discontinued, it may be hard to find however I'd suggest speaking to you closest dealer or wholesaler which you can find on our website below to see whether they could source one for you. If so, they'd also be able to provide you a quote.

peter

peterasked

Last my system was cleaned when they opened the door where the filters are the left hinge snapped off, well it's only plastic, should be aluminium, where can I get replacement hinges from?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Glen A.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi Peter,

You can purchase spare parts for your unit from our authorised spare parts provider MRE. Their website is http://mrespareparts.com.au/index.aspx.

Glen

Caryll B

Caryll Basked

New to air cons, what is the best setting for economy use?

Pearl lee
Pearl lee

I turn my on 24 degree for with strong mode and full fan for "30 mins" to cool down the room ASAP.
Then I change it to 26 degree, ECO mode and reduce the fan to 3 (depending on how hot it is) . Put it on 3D auto rotation to have a better circulation of air.
Make sure that you close your curtain. cover the gap under the door and floor. This will prevent air leaking out.
Another good tip is to sprinkle water mist in the room before turn on the air con. This really helps cool down the room, then you can go straight to 26 degree.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries representatives