Mitsubishi SRK71ZEA

3.8

• Heating / Cooling Speed
Cam

CamCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not even out of warranty

5 years and the pump condenser fan motor wore out, MHIAA won't honour the warranty said it landed on the shores on the 1/1/15 and it's burnt itself out on the 2/5/20
Be very careful of these units. 1000 big ones to repair and the unit was 3k originally.

Purchased in August 2015 at The Good Guys for A$2,800.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation LevelGood
Room TypeLiving/Dining Area

I expected MORE from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Blair

Blair

AMAZING

Cheap to purchase and install. It
Looks great, is super efficient, has an easy to use remote and instruction manual is very easy to follow. In summer it is only on auto st 25 degrees and winter max 19 as it is so efficient it does its job really easily!!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi SRK71ZEA compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Barbie

BarbieWynyard

The best air conditioner I have ever had.

The heat pump I have at present is the fourth Mitsubishi air conditioner over a period of thirty years, due to
moving house a number of times. I have never had any trouble with them, they have all been very quiet. quick and easy to operate. No repairs have had to be carried out on any of the four units.

Date PurchasedJun 2010

SRK71ZEA-S1

nbmoller

nbmollerAU

Reliable, quiet, does the job well

I purchased this model as a replacement for my 14yo Panasonic. The unit is clearly well made, its air throw is exceptional,. Its quiet and economical. Handles Queensland humidity with ease. I had a choice between another Panasonic, which i couldn't complain about, but this unit had more features, exceptional pulldown speed

A load of crap. Wouldn't buy Mitsubishi again.

Garthydont do facebook,,

I made a mistake , i bought a mitsubishi

Miss KezzGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What a load of rubbish both the unit and the service received

Miss Kezz

Just as a footnote - I have now had installed a brand new LG 7kw unit and it is amazing. So much more powerful than my old Mitsubishi unit and unbelievably quieter. Oh and FYI my old Mitsubishi now resides in the tip.

sjbrewy

sjbrewySouth East Queensland, QLD

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK71EA-S

Linda

Linda

Expected it to last more than 8 years!

For the 3k I originally paid for my 8kw MHI SRK 80zea system i expected it to last longer than 8 years - the outdoor fan motor failed. Cost to repair over 900.00 quoted. Outrageous considering I live in a mild coastal area and it gets only light to medium use, and also I bought a size larger to easily cope with the size of room so it did not struggle. would not buy MHI again due to lack of longevity.

red7489

red7489AU

No regrets. Works like a dream even after 5 years later.

I have never regretted getting this air conditioner as it has worked as I expected. It is quite capable to cool and heating my lounge which wider than it is deeper with it is wide flow design. Everything is easy about this unit. The remote is easy to use and the filters are easy to remove and clean. The filter cover is easy to manoeuvre unlike some of the other units out there.
It handles the extremes of the weather quite easily from 45 degree days to minus 5. It is quiet inside and the outside unit is pretty quiet too. It is easy to remove and clean the filter. The remote is quite easy to use too.

ulladulla1

back up service is very bad. Think of another A/C. If it works OK that is good but if it does not than be very very carefull.

colosus
colosus

can you comment more on the backup service problem?

Coldie
Coldie

My customers would be happy to give me 100% positive feedback on back up service as i have a 24 hour response time.

Jaces

JacesSydney

Pretty quick to cool the room

I bought this ac for my office building behind my house and it is wonderful. Instantly cools off my room so I am not sweating while trying to do paperwork. If you are looking to cool a room I recommend this ac no problem. Works great for me in the summer!
cool air

Ya Old Mate

Ya Old MateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Died after 9 years

Did a lot of research before buying this unit, decided to go with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, not to be confused by Mitsubishi Electrics which I believe make inferior units from various professional opinions.
**Update**
After just on 9 years it has decided to stop working. The PCB has fried and most likely the DC condenser fan. I've been quoted over $1000 to repair it and there's no guarantee that it will last too much longer. The air conditioning bloke said that 10 years is about all you get out of a unit anyway.
Quiet and cools really well even on economy setting, nice asthetic design, remote is very easy to use.
none to mention

Date PurchasedNov 2009
wennieBrady1960

wennieBrady1960AU

My Dream machine to keep me cool, supreme

This unit is amazing!!! Truly, I'm wrapped. I turn it on and instantly I'll feel it, all the boiling heat, fades, diminishes in seconds. I'm so lucky, it takes no time at all to cool the whole room, the whole house and the whole family down. There's nothing worse than sticky Queensland heat. It gets you down, makes everyone irritable, so I thank all the people at Mitsubishi, for my air conditioner. I thank them once again; for its cool solution.
Reliable, price reasonable, great warranty

kompsjGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I am an installer and this is by far the best permium brand at the moment on the market. I have had zero failure rate on these now for around 5-6 years.
Awesome unit.
The indoor unit has a metalic paint finish on it which seems to pick up the colors on the wall surrounding and blends it nicely. Sooo quiet and cheap to run. This is what I installed in my lounge room.
Love installing these units. Everything just fits like a glove.

ulladulla1

You may be an installer but if you have had a problem you would not say because you are an installer, A very biased PRO. i have had a MHIAA installed and back up service is very poor.

koopza
koopza

why?

kompsj

Without appearing biased I sell and install numerous brands of A/cons Mitsubishi HEAVY Industries has really done their homework on this unit I can confidently sell one of these and know that I will have a VERY HAPPY customer in fact I have sold units to neigbours of first customer and worked my way down the street!! Just make sure you use a reputable installation company and do not go on price alone
Quietest unit on the market inside and out lots of features easy to use remote
Non to mention

jimbo82

jimbo82AU

Great product and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a reverse cycle split, you are certainly getting a top quality product. I feel that MHI have really achieved the numbers listed in the tech specs whereas some other brands leave me wondering...
Easy to install, very energy efficient with great features. Very fast to warm up too, much quicker than anything else I have installed. Very quiet too, we only use ultra low or low fan speed as this is plenty.
None really, maybe looks a little bit dated now to me but my wife likes it so 5 stars still!

Jockmac

Jockmac

carltonwig

carltonwig

this is a replacment unit (the old one died for the last time)(email air).It does pay to do your homework & have it installed professionally.Very important keep the filters clean,this is very easy on this unit.Overall a great purchase
extremly quiet,efficient & neat.it's so quiet I didn't even releise it was on overnight untill i woke up in a cosy warm house.
nothing at this stage

Chris

Chrisasked

My air con keeps saying it has a timer set but it doesn't and it will not work. Any help

Garthy

Hi Chris . I am not a technician, but if you look up your manual in the faults section there will be an answer to this ,, also i would check that the timer is NOT set to any date in the future ...BUT Remember this , i would never , repeat never contact the arseoles at the company . utter pigs and no manners were shown to me .. GOOGLE might just be a help as well ,, best of luck ..Graham..

sbandholtz
sbandholtz

if wlan adapter is installed timer did not work

Julieasked

Why do the model numbers differ at the different suppliers?

Garthy

Hi Julie , Well they differ sometimes due to the programmers method of listing their products at the various suppliers, such as Reece don't use the same program as Tradelink etc ,, , also deflection of any bad opinions on a particular model ... Irrespective of the product which ever it may be , the company stinks and their staff stink as well ,, eg,, un helpful ,, un reasonable ,, rude ,, etc etc etc . so if you want to deal with them , go right ahead , but you have my views on how my problem was handled . out of ten >>>> MINUS TEN ...... "TELL SOMEONE WHO CARES" is not attending to the question in my book . another thought for you to ponder is that their way of handling must come from the top , as a copy of this goes to the top floor of the business ,, and I have not had any representation call me as yet .. and don't think I will . regards Graham..

Sorry Graham
I didn't read you review
I did ring someone today who explained the SRK models are superior to the DXK models

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

CategorySplit System Air Conditioners