Listing monitored by Momentum Energy

• Rates and Fees
Alex
AlexSydney, NSW

They don't call back

I tried to sign up with momentum energy over 10 days ago. They still haven't called back with a quote. My address didn't show up in their system. I called 4X and they still haven't called back.

Rita S.
Rita S.Sydney, NSW

Appalling behaviour

After trying to contact them repeatedly to sign a new contract, they didn't return my calls and then when I finally got through to someone, they hiked up the prices. I couldn't believe it was 3 times more than the original. Then, I sent the signed contract to them, I was one day late because of bloody covid and they rejected the contract. To insult us further, they hiked the prices up again 3 times that of the original contract. My blood is boiling and I feel so sick from this whole business. They need to go out of business. These electricity prices are not sustainable and people are going to go without.

Joe
JoeSydney, NSW

Don't offer the plan they advertise

I was going to join one of their electricity plans offered in my area. Single rate with good pricing. Then in the process they call me to say that they can only offer me TOU, despite having always been on single rate with all my providers. Useless at best, "bait and switch" at worst.

No response for info

I'm not a customer. I sent them an email to ask why I would be applied a $2.98/day charge because of my type of meter, which happens to be a smart meter? I've received no reply & sent them another email to say 'don't bother to respond, I'm not joining Momentum'.

Momentum E.Momentum EnergySend a private message

Hi Mark, a daily charge is to ensure there is always a supply of energy to your property. I'd love to look into this further for you - if you'd like some further clarification, please email info@momentum.com.au. -Harriet

Terrible customer service.

Takes ages to get on the phone with anyone, they leave you on hold for such a long time. Can't even organise a simple visit from THEIR supplier without keeping me on the phone for hours.

MBD

I've already escalated it and nothing has been done - also had to wait multiple business days to even get a response. Judging by the other reviews I'm not the only one experiencing this sort of poor customer service. Get better.

Kairo
KairoMelbourne

New Customer - Absolutely Disappointed Terrible Service, Should Never Have Chosen Them

Joined up momentum energy around 2-3 months ago and just needed the simplest task done, adding my partners name to our invoices. Have called up 4 times now, including just now with the service provider hanging up on me mid-call. I ask for this basic of task about 3 weeks ago and they still cannot complete it.

On top of that, their meter readers cannot perform the simple task of opening a gate to check our gas meter. Stay away from this company, they're absolutely pathetic.

YLiu
YLiuGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Self Serve

How to reduce your heating costs this winter

Winter is here, and with it, higher power bills. Stay warm during the colder months without breaking the bank by following our practical tips on how to reduce your heating costs.

Clara V.
Clara V.
how-to-reduce-your-heating-costs-this-winter
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Sherry X.
Sherry X.

Product is enticing - but we are "not eligible" as we do not meet the credit requirements

Finally, a carbon neutral energy company. We wanted 100% Green energy too. Oh wait... we want to sign up and are told we aren't eligible to sign up as we don't meet the credit criteria. Both my partner and I have tried and the same problem happens. Went to livechat and they said there may be an issue with this approval process and that they will need to call me to do a credit check over the phone.. or you could fix your issue.

People want green and carbon neutral energy, and this is just your way of saying no to people who care about the environment enough to want to pay extra for these.

WendyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

tricky company! be aware not get into trap

Looks price competitive when saw their marketing promotion, then moved to this company. However have not received first gas bill but received rate increase notice! really tricky! be aware not get into this company.

ServicesGas

Hey Wendy,
Thanks for your response. Our rates are always updated to be correct at the time of access. This is not intended to be a lure or promotional rate; but, quite simply it is the rates that we had at that specific point in time.
-Tim

Pasi C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Zero stars

I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Zero communication and landed with an astronomical bill .their reason a series of wrong readings . Now I have huge bill and the bill does not add up as I was having unusually high bills even before the huge billl
Stay away at all costs

Pasi C.

I have called only to be told we don’t have an explanation for what happened .
Any man/woman with half a brain should never have any dealings with this unscrupulous organisation.
Be warned “ a lesson well taught is a lesson well learnt”

Martha
MarthaVictoria

The country will be in a better position and so will we if we’re in Australian hands.

There is no better option. They are the only fully Australian company we have. All the rest are owned by companies overseas. This is a displacement of power not just for our country but for each of us individually each time we talk to them. As far as l’m concerned this is the only option.

ServicesElectricity
Alfonso
AlfonsoSydney, NSW

Momentum energy app.

Hi, I need to add momentum energy app in my iPhone 11, but I can’t find the right way to do it. Can you right a little advice for me please?

Rates and Fees
ServicesElectricity

Gas switch over

beny
benyHunter Region, NSW

dont touch them

we was geting high estimated bills double what the actual bill was so when i asked about it thay offerd to put in a smart power meter
from the day the smart meter went in we could no longer use our oven
i told them about it thay said it was the oven we got a new oven at a cost of $750 and it still wont work
thay refuse to beleave thay could have anything to do with it
but now i have a new oven i did not need and still no way to use it

John Lawrence

Disgraceful behaviour of treatment of disadvantaged people and elderly.