• Rates and Fees
Chelsea S.
Chelsea S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don’t waste your time.

We have been without power for 5 days and they connect us for another 2 days because we “got onto them too late”- as if calling every day for the last 5 days was too late. We have wasted a week of rent on a house that is unliveable.

Nice64
Nice64Central, SA

Don't want to give them any stars as they didnt connect my power when I moved. No power for at least 3 days.Disgusting!

Reliable power? What power? Great to be left without power for the whole weekend! No help except to pay an after hours fee for connection, not my fault, no way will a pay, so no power!

Mark J.
Mark J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useless

Received a power and gas bill for close to $200.....
The property is under lock and key, untenanted with no power or gas being used.
Momentum are nothing but thieves. The couldn't explain their charges or revoke the bill.

utzjeep
utzjeepGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Privacy

I attempted to obtain a quote for electricity via the Momentum Energy website. After filling in my personal information including DOB, Pensioner Card ID, followed by request for more identification, Drivers License, or Passport, I decided to cancel as surely this information is only required if I actually decided to move Momentum, not just a quote so that I could compare against my existing Energy provider! Not comfortable and if I start receiving phone calls and emails from Momentum, I will not be happy! Staying away from Momentum! They do not compare well on the other comparison websites.

Very overpriced. Poor customer service

Upon arriving in Australia, I signed up for momentum via price comparison site. I received my first bill and was slightly shocked by the price I then continued to use them for the year after reviving the next few bills which were even higher I decided to do some investigation and ask others around what the going rate was for 2 bed flat. Everyone was absolutely shocked at what I had been paying. I paid $800 a quarter, after changing provider- $200 a quarter. I don’t have a heater or aircon or any sort of high spending electronics. I’ve also been trying to get in contact with them for months now and each time they’ve said they’ll get back to me and never do.

Momentum E.Momentum Energy

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Susan A.
Susan A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible company

You ripped my mother off , you took twice the payment you still have not refunded the money when you said you would we called up serval times an all we were told was it would be refunded the next day then the next time we called it would be refunded on friday and still NO money when my mother is literally in the negatives and has other bills to pay we will definitely be going to the electricity ombudsman about this because it is ridiculous you can take double payments but not return the money you took

Would not ever use them

ServicesGas
Elizabeth Cardoo
Elizabeth Cardoo

Just Cancelled

Signed up with Momentum via a Compare a supplier site, Momentum wasn’t the top but it was being spruiked as wholly Australian owned, so that’s a plus I felt. Process was painless, I said, sign me up. I later decided to look for reviews and saw these..... So today when I received my package I called them to cancel my application and account. Person I spoke asked me for reason for cancelling, he sounded gobsmaked when I told him, bad reviews....said he has NEVER heard that before and was going to google reviews. OK account closed, but feel free to call me again if you wish to open the account up again, no attempt to get me to change my mind, which was ok with me as I didn’t.

ServicesElectricity
Momentum E.Momentum Energy

Not a good experience as a leaving customer

I am relocating and needed to cancel my Momentum electricity.
I tried to do so on Momentum website but after booking the cancellation for the 19th, I received a prompt saying I need to wait for a call from Momentum.
They called me a few hours later and surprisingly, not only they didn't try to keep me, they said the first available appointment is on the 22th. There was no answer why it is being postponed and I had a very bad feeling as the gentleman on the phone didn't care what my question is about and what my experience would be through this process.
I suggest they review my phone call and try to treat the leaving customers in a way that they won't stop others to go with Momentum!

Dranoel
DranoelMelbourne

come in spinner

Have been with momentum energy for approx 6 years, first 3 years were really good, low prices, company very honest and reliable, then the honey moon was over, when the fixed term was over and the ordinary rates kicked in, rang to see if maybe a better deal could be struck, customer service was rude and said if you don't like it switch, but alas their pretty much all the same, offer great deals then screw you to the wall, I'm slowly working to go totally off grid, then the circus will be over.

Chris BRichmond-Tweed, NSW

An Honest Review

Chris B

I am aware that the comparison of dollar values is wrong Daily charges affect this. My compassion was actual usage only. Old house daily usage 8.51kWH (which is about right for 2 people) , new house 14.8kWh. There is a serious problem here.

Sherry
Sherry

Worst possible service provide in whole of australia

anonymous
anonymousSouthwest, VIC

Literally stealing our money

Annabel
Annabel

Momentum Energy came to the rescue

I have been a momentum energy customer for a couple of years now. I was going to switch away to try and save a bit of money when I moved, as Simply Energy had cheaper rates, but it was a total disaster. Simply Energy failed to connect me at my new address, then failed to notify me. Momentum absolutely saved me. They got my power connected at the new address within a couple of hours of me lodging the request, gave me all the info I needed about the rates, and how it would work, and then texted me to tell me that the power was connected. Their customer service team are always extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them as a supplier for anyone who is looking.

murray d.
murray d.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Thieves

After you’ve been with them a while they Jack up your costs massively. They are a bunch of thieves and I will never deal with them again.

I got a $700 gas bill for two months and then more than halved my use of central heating, which was the only thing that could have cost so much, but got another $700 bill in the next period.

Thieves.