• Rates and Fees

What a joke!

Absolute joke, customer service is rubbish. I was going to be a little late paying a bill, and could not meet their so called required installment plan and person on the phone told me to borrow it from a friend! Then they send out a disconnection text for the week after if i didnt pay their minimum amount. No care for anyones personel circumstances, just pay us or else. As soon as its paid, im switching!

Rohan P.

Rohan P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Goodbye Momentum - It was great until you hiked your prices!!

I have been with Momentum for Electricity and Gas for years. At the time of signup they were by far the cheapest. Since January their prices have gone up to make them one of the most expensive based on the Vic Government Compare site. We had no choice but to move to another provider. Unfortunately, no-one cares about all the fluff, we just want the cheapest power possible. Bye Momentum. You were once great. Now not so much.

Sunny

Sunny

Very bad service.

Very hard to contact Momentum. Sent then Solar form. They did nothing about it. Then I called again after 10 days and after long wait they said that they are going to send it after my call.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
RobertB

RobertBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What’s happened service gone down hill, but prices sky rocketed

As a long term Momentum customer, who has told many friends how good Momentum was, but there has been considerable change of culture, no reply’s to internal emails, getting the run around re huge price increases, told l couldn’t change plans, so have moved my business to another provider, was amazed at the amount of poor feedback and comments concerning present & past customers and the lack of customer service they reported. When you compare the rates on the Vic government web site, Momentum are so far down the comparasion list l thought they had gone out of business, so sad.

chris

chrisSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

avoid this company at all costs

Momentum, gave out bad information, I then transferred the account into my wife's name since then I have had know end of trouble from them and about to close the account.
they are hopeless try someone else

Reminder notices

Daniel

DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

They put a default in my credit report and I’ve never been with them!

Ashtray

Ashtray

Worst company ever that just does not care

I am a current customer and called to get a new supply installed at another property I own. After 45 minutes and three people I was told that department was having a team meeting and to call back. Avoid at all costs

Melinda

MelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shocking rate increases

After only being with momentum energy for 6 months, prices are going to hike by an extra $330 per annum and by the way, that's an estimate only! You'd have to be dreamin' if I'd stay with this one. What a joke. And we found them with an energy comparison online, too. Sorry to the customer service team reading this review, I know it is not your fault at all so my review is for your CEO to read. Are they listening - I hope so!!!! BUYER BEWARE...

Disgusting company!

Not even worth 1 star. Shocking customer service. Cannot always get through to customer service...and electricity rates inconsistent. Almost one year later they still cannot spell my name correct and keep losing my email. Completely unprofessional company. The Consumer Watchdog should be looking into this company.

76% increase in Electricity rates

Been with Momentum about 6 months. Solar Plan. Excellent rates. However they sent email advising of rate increase from Jan1. Email advised details of current rates and new rates. However they showed current rates but not new rate. Telephoned them for details. No wonder they hadn't provided new rate! Using electricity usage figures from last bill the new rate provided for a 76%increase. Low rates to get you in then enormous increase. Using Victorian Energy compare site much better deals available. Have now changed provider!

Tstyle

TstyleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They are ok

Definitley not the worst. Their supply charge is really really high.

They were quite helpful when i set up, I spoke to an Australian and they are good choice for concession card holders.

You can check your daily use online.

ServicesElectricity

I am happy with Momentum for gas. They are reasonably priced, Australian, and they support renewable energy.

Wassa

WassaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

2020 Price Increase

Supply charge $1.93886 to $2.98177 up 53.7%, Off peak $0.13541 to $0.19074 up 40.86% and Peak $0.27863 to $0.24321 down 12.7% These increases are on top of similar increases when I cam out of contract earlier this year. As a small business in the metal manufacturing industry we are at the point of collapse.
All Momentum could offer to reduce the above pending increases was a remote plan with no phone support. It only took 4 hours, now I am with another energy retailer at a average 30% saving.

GrimeGippsland, VIC

rates through the roof and can't even bother to respond to emails

Rates have gone through the ceiling,requested information on why and received no response.By my calculations off peak and peak going up 50% controlled load also been increased.Looking for another retailer but hard to find any that haven't pushed prices up.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Kings

KingsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Beware - Terrible company - massive price "Gouges"

Do not use this company
Just received a letter today from Momentum Energy (letter attached) telling us that our bill will increase on the 1st Jan 2020 by a massive "25%" $980 extra next year... This is typical energy company price gouging...
It won't be happening as I will be going elsewhere....
They make it difficult by creating this mess over the Xmas break so people don't have the time to change companies over that time period, with Xmas breaks etc...
Very unhappy...

Katrina

KatrinaVictoria

I would not recommend this company! They stuff up your payment plans, the amount goes up every week! Ridiculous company

process takes forever. They loose your details everytime. I only have electricity with them. They dont take out your direct debit everytime, then your slammed with a over due e-mail.

Dede

DedeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Little customer service

Sean O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst service EVER

For 6 months I have not been able to get through on the phone once I select" billing enquiries ". I have sent written letter:ignored, e-mail:ignored. What to do now ? Ombudsmen

Sean O.

There is no point in calling that number... " we're a little busy right now" is all I get

Unhappy LuLismore

no communication

Accidentally paid the one of my 2 electricity accounts to the wrong account, emailed Momentum 25th September asking they transfer the amount back to correct account, no reply no adjustment, emailed again 24th October, no reply no adjustment, just an overdue amount that is not really overdue, it has been paid to wrong account. Constant over due letters for that amount, tried calling, I have a business to run, 35 minutes on hold just does not work. now the 19/11 still no adjustment or reply Just want to sort this and leave Momentum ASAP. Simply not good enough Momentum this is zero customer service.

Unhappy Lu

Maybe your team can answer my emails over the 3 month period, I will not sit on hold anymore waiting for you to answer

Unhappy Lu

No communication from you except a letter threatening to cut the power off!!!

Anonymous762asked

Dear Customer Service Representatives and Members,
I am a new Momentum customer. I am happy with Momentum so far.
Can your gas price go up a large amount within six months?
I am asking this question as I have read a few reviews about Momentum's price going up a large amount within 6 months of joining them. I do not yet know if they are referring to gas or electricity.
Kind Regards,
Anonymous member.

Hi there!

It really depends what plan you were on when you signed up with us.

Our most popular plan is, Smile Power Flexi, is an open ongoing contract which generally has a price change at the start of the year VIC and mid year for NSW.

If you were on a fixed term contract for 2 years for example, you would have the same rates for those 2 years and will need to renew the contract with another offer.

If you have any further questions please do no hesitate to contact us on 1300 662 778.

Happy Friday!
-Kevin.

Anonymous762

That is helpful information.
Have a great day.
Regards, Anonymous762

mazza

mazzaasked

We have Momentum electricity connected. What is the cheapest time of day to run washing machines and dishwashers etc? We live in postcode area 3212

Hi Mazza,

Thanks for the question.

It really depends on what tariff your meter is set on. Every property would have different rates based on the meter/address.

If you would like the precise details please contact our customer care team on 1300 662 778 or by email to info@momentum.com.au

Cheers
-Kevin.

Sarah W.

Sarah W.asked

Why is it that every time I get a bill it would seem no one has checked my meter. With my last energy supplier if they couldn't get out to check the meter (which was very rare) they would calculate the bill using the last bill as an estimate of how much energy you use and how much solar $$ we made. But not momentum energy.

Previous bills where between $80 and $120 due to the fact that only 2 people live in a small house and we both work so we are really only paying to keep the fridge running. New bill was a guesstimate from Momentum and the bill was $460 and barely took off any money for solar energy created. (On your bill A is for actual reading taken, E is for estimated reading, I had an F on my bill for no f#*king idea how to do a meter reading).

When I took my own photos and sent them to the customer service team, they said great we will change your meter readings. But not before the bill will be due which means I will get a late fee!!! Or I can just go ahead and pay the ridiculously high bill. How is it fair that I'm doing your job and having to pay for it too.

This is happening time and time again and it is getting ridiculous, at least give me a discount if you want me to do an hour of work to send in photos for every bill not a bloody late charge.

Grime

Do yourself a favour and go to Tango.

Get an answer from our members and Momentum Energy representatives