2.2

• Rates and Fees

JenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely TERRIBLE

STAY AWAY!! I totally agree with the rest of the reviews!
I switched my electricity thinking they were cheaper, THEY are NOT.
PLUS they keep sending me overdue notices when I have already paid them, including PHONE calls, as if you need them during these difficult times. Lucky I have proof that I have paid them!
PLUS they've sent me SOMEONE else's GAS bill...what the?!!!!

Zoe

ZoeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overpriced & no accountability for mistakes or overcharges

We only signed up with Momentum a few months ago, our first gas bill had two deductions for corrections (in the hundreds), & our first power bill is more than 3x our usual power spend. I called to discuss our options as we cannot afford a $1000 power bill during COVID when our usual spend is less than $300. The only offer of solution or assistance was for us to pay $400 call out fee for an investigation. There's no way the bill is correct but we can't afford a $1000 bill + $400 call out fee. As other reviewers have stated, they offer a great product up front to suck you in but the additional charges on the bills are big and expensive surprises.

Colin Rowe

Colin RoweCoffs Harbour

Stay away from this company

They lie about meter reads and corona virus then harass and threaten with Dept collectors after payment plans were already put in place. Customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with.. The screenshot of the message provided was received 4hrs after another payment arrangement has been made... Just proves the level of maturity and professionalism these clowns lack

kano

kanoWimmera, VIC

these guys are ruing my life something should be done bout momentum

Jessica R.

Jessica R.Murray Region, NSW

DO NOT GO WITH MOMENTUM!!!

They will offer you a great deal to start with, but months on they will start charging you $400 a month FOR A 2 BEDROOM UNIT

And there's no discount if you pay early.

Don't do it, and if your energy bill is high they will charge you for someone to check your meter.

Jacob Thomas

Jacob ThomasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's been almost 30 days and I've heard nothing

Applied for a gas connection on 20th July. Almost a month now and have heard nothing. Thought I was going to save money moving away from Origin but just received another huge bill from them again. The point of moving to Momentum to save mone on gas is almost irrelevant given that summer is around the corner.

carmel m.

carmel m.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy

I switched away from momentum because I found they started off with reasonable rates but jumped significantly after the first year. I rang and asked if they could offer a better deal and was told I had the best they could offer. Didn't even seem interested in trying to keep me as a customer do I obliged by taking my business elsewhere.

Nick

Unfair practice and greedy behaviour

Nick

No thanks. Have already spoken to your staff and they offered no reduction. No explanation as to why you are the dearest electricity company in Australia at $0.45 per kw hour peak.

CHH

CHH

Unethical overcharging tactics! Customer Service Confirmed Momentum Ripped Off their Customers!

GerryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Highly unethical and deceptive marketing

HIGHLY UNETHICAL MARKETING. I applied for their cheapest plan. Once I applied for it - they ran a credit check. They then said "you dont meet our minimum credit requirements" and then offered a much more expensive plan after already putting an enquiry on my credit file. Once you have an enquiry on your file it reduces your credit score. How on earth can they be willing to accept your business at one price but not another. I am in a high income bracket and have significant assets. I am going be making a complaint to the energy regulator

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Absolute worst power/gas company!

The staff are the rudest most insincere people i have ever met - i would not recommend this group if they were the last company on earth. They may provide Australian power - but they are the furthermost thing from 'Australian'.

Digusted.

Chris C

Chris CSunbury, Victoria

Amazing customer service and competitive rates

Amazing and friendly customer service. Unbeatable prices (when compared on VIC gov energy comparison site). Easy to read bills and easy to navigate website. I joined momentum a few years ago for electricity and gas and would highly recommend them.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Nic

NicCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Appalling

Organised our electricity connection 3 days prior to our move. On the day of the move, rang as instructed once the meter was switched off, to get the electricity connected through Momentum's provider PowerCore. They did not connect in time prior to the weekend, went 24 hours without power, hot water etc. Had to go with AGL as they provide 24/7 connection and customer care. Appalled with the service from Momentum and the difficulty in connecting and cancelling electricity.

Nicolas A.

Nicolas A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good service and good price

I moved houses and I connected with momentum energy who was very reliable and nice to talk to. The staff were friendly I got my service and the bills are cheap.

Vasu

Vasu

Horrible and dodgy Sales people

All they got is dodgy sales people who will promise you everything before you signup and they wont respond to you after. You better to look for options, they absolutely terrible. By the way customer service is horrible and there is no internal communication at all. I rather live without electricity like a cave man than signup with Momentum, very bad experience.

Ruth  JONES

Ruth JONES

Terrible

Absolutely applied by the service with final read that was just an estimate. Was over double the previous bill. Couldn’t help with why a final read was not done and had the hide to ask me a month after moving to return to property and take a photo of metre. Wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy.

Shane Chen

Shane ChenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting

Got mail from them saying I have in a deemed contract with them after moving into a new property few months ago though I orgnised different service provider before moving in. Call them and their call centre agent confirmed their record is outdated and I can ignore all mails. Then got another 2 mails from them threatening disconnection of my service. Emailed them before and the agent didn't bother to check their system before replying rudely. Will never consider this company in the future.

BazzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dont trust them. Bad service no help

Hi Kevin

If you read my message above I have mentioned I have provided the details multiple times. My account number is 1057353 you can check in your system

Cass

Cass

Please be careful!!!

Momentum E.Momentum Energy

Best energy company ever!

Best energy company I've ever dealt with. They tracked me down to provide a refund to my overpaid account! Thank you guys. I would recommend you to anyone looking for a great deal on gas!