MoneyGram

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

GBJ

GBJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

App was buggy, customer service horrendous

I was forced to use a Moneygram kiosk when I was told they no longer wanted to do business with me.

The app did not allow me to give the full name of my friend and when my friend went to pick up the money he was told they wouldn’t give it to him without me giving the full name. So fruastrating. Days worth of delays and in the end I had to use a kiosk.

Very unhappy customer. I was charged $42 to do the transfer! Crazy!

Hans-Peter Gassner

Hans-Peter GassnerSydney, NSW

Don’t use Moneygram - Waste of time and resources

PKinOz

PKinOzRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Good exchange rate but very low transaction limit and cash only

A fairly good way to send cash to those without bank accounts, but cash only which is a pain in the neck.
The transfer limits are low, so you have to do several transfers to send a decent amount.
They do not tell you, but there is also a AU$10k a month limit.
Better exchange rate than the moneygram online method.
American run, so poor customer service using poorly paid Asian call centre staff.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Money gram so unhappy

Sent money though money gram and it was stopped for no reason and after questioning it , they don’t need to give a answer it’s there policy? But was told I could get a refund and send money again as my account was free again? Things where desperate so I sent another $200 plus fee and it was rejected again omg, and trying to get the money back for over a year now, as they want everything in email, save yourself the hassle use someone else, the way you are spoken to it’s not called for and money gram don’t blame 7/11

Terrible. Unreliable. Stressful. Scammers.

Don't use their service. Most likely your transaction will be cancelled (due to internal security check!), but they will keep your money for 10 business days.
It seams to me this is the way they are making money, telling people, that transaction is not secure, and they are very regulated company, therefore,
protecting clients from any scam (which is nonsense !). When you asking what regulator advising them to protect clients, they keep repeating that they are very regulated, but don't tell you a regulator name.
Moneygram biggest scammers.

Matthew

MatthewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Find Another Method To Transfer Money

This transaction was the 2nd I've initiated. Before the transaction code can be issued, Moneygram has to contact the store where transaction was initiated. The 7-11 store had a land line fault and could not be contacted therefore the transaction was blocked. I had to return to the 7-11 and use my phone to contact Moneygram. I couldn't contact the Moneygram representative I had been dealing with, and the rep I was talking to said the transaction was approved. It took 5 hours to resolve the issue. During this time, I spoke to several Moneygram representatives. Their phone manner was apaling. Basically, they were continually ordering me back to the 7-11 store. Use Western Union if you can.

Maria.

Maria.South East Queensland, QLD

ridiculous

Tavenisa Diri

Tavenisa Diri

MoneyGram is my FIRST and ONLY choice when sending money to my loved ones in different parts of the world.

MoneyGram is affordable, easy and quick. All persons providing assistance over the telephone are always very helpful and make the money transaction process easy and quick. I recommend MoneyGram to all.

Mary Danni O.

Mary Danni O.Sydney, NSW

Easy peasy

Easy to use. Perfect way to send money internationally. Fast and secure. I used the kiosk at 7 eleven and money was picked up almost straight away by the recipient.

Good way to transfer money 24 hrs a day

Great to be able to use 7Eleven for transfer of money 24 hrs a day...only recommendation that before you commence transaction it should be mentioned that you need cash to transfer..cant direct debit from bank account.

Ray

RaySydney, NSW

Online voucher

Useless online voucher. done everything online, and then arrived at the store to pay but they will not accept it. you have to do it all over again in the machine.its a waste of time. Though the reason is valid, they should have just scrape this online voucher option. So disappointed.

Paresh

PareshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Accounts messed up

Unknown

UnknownGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

7 Eleven

7 Eleven moneygram service in Melboure, is a great way to send money. Only problem is the rate, but what can we do? It changes every day. But the service is Quick and easy, keep it up your good service 7 eleven.

Moneygram sudden cancellation

Moneygram unjustifiable cancellation of money transfer transction is furstrating and highly appalling.
After sending money separately and communicated the details for pick-up, I was told by my receipient that the amount can not be collected.
The response I got after placing a call to the Customer Service team was that the system has cancelled my transactions, and that the deducted amouts will be refunded three to ten business days. Meanwhile, I am expected to look for another money to send.

This is not good!

Nicole Wheeler

Nicole WheelerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great way to send money to family and friends

Was a great way to send money to family and friends really would use this portal again and tell family and friends to use this system as well so very happy with the service

Dorraine

DorraineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

SCAM!!

Moneygram in Knox Wantirna. I sent money to Philippines (BDO)same name same account and didn’t went thru.I tried to sent online Moneygram and straight away it went thru.when I try to refund it they charge me for the fees. I didn’t get my full amount.its a scam!

Tex Mex

Tex Mex

Was quick, safe and good service

I used this as a test to see if I could find something better than Western Union. I decided to take advantage of the 3 free transfers offer on their site as the exchange rate for Thai Baht was better than Western Union on the day.

I used POLI and was not charged a fee. It was ready within minutes but being paranoid I called them and was answered in a few minutes to someone who communicated well to explain that it was ready for pickup.

My sister picked it up from the Thai government bank which was very close to her in Bangkok (many available) and the lady who served her told her these guys seemed ok. Will use another 2 times and see how it goes.

Tim

TimVictoria

Judge and Jury

Shameem S.

Shameem S.South East Queensland, QLD

PERFECT

Very ideal for sending money home. Easy for my parents to receive money. 24/7 availability makes it easier for me. The attendants at the 7/11 are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Esmond O.

Esmond O.Queensland

This service is the best

I used this service recently after a long time and I was very satisfied with the results. It is very easy to use, there are hoops to jump through. When you ring the support staff they are willing and very helpful.