MoneyGram

• Timeliness
Jeff

JeffGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick and easy

Very quick and easy way to immediately send money anywhere. Lots of 7 eleven stores in the cities but harder to find in rural areas. Able to send message as well

Robert M

Robert MAU

Worst ever

Horrible service. Don't recommend

Karl A.

Karl A.Sydney, NSW

DO NOT USE THESE SCAMMERS

I submitted my licence, credit card and was approved.
After transfer successful and money taken from my account I received an email it was cancelled along with my account with no explanation. My Money is still not returned.
Reading other reviews this seems to be a common occurrence. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM, DO NOT USE

arsch

arsch

Blocked before I could even do my first transaction

I'm a completely legit person, sending money to an employee.

I submitted my passport and they approved it.

Yet, right after trying to send money they block the whole account without providing a reason.

Never will I use Moneygram ever again.

Fees Are Expensive

I personally wouldn't recommend MoneyGram to anyone whose sends money overseas.
First and foremost, the fees are so expensive and customers shouldn't be over charged for each transaction they send overseas.

Not happy Jan

Not happy JanCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Allow known scammers to MoneyGram to take money from unsuspecting victims

It has been in the news that both MoneyGram and Western Union allow scammers to use their service. Victims are not compensated by them and the screening of people receiving money through their services is not done at all. Then if you become a victim of being scammed the company will ban you for life to not be able to use their service ever again. Victims are penalised by the company and not the scammer.

Bargearse

BargearseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Treat their customers with total arrogance, and customer service is a farce

GBJ

GBJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

App was buggy, customer service horrendous

I was forced to use a Moneygram kiosk when I was told they no longer wanted to do business with me.

The app did not allow me to give the full name of my friend and when my friend went to pick up the money he was told they wouldn’t give it to him without me giving the full name. So fruastrating. Days worth of delays and in the end I had to use a kiosk.

Very unhappy customer. I was charged $42 to do the transfer! Crazy!

Hans-Peter Gassner

Hans-Peter GassnerSydney, NSW

Don’t use Moneygram - Waste of time and resources

PKinOz

PKinOzRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Good exchange rate but very low transaction limit and cash only

A fairly good way to send cash to those without bank accounts, but cash only which is a pain in the neck.
The transfer limits are low, so you have to do several transfers to send a decent amount.
They do not tell you, but there is also a AU$10k a month limit.
Better exchange rate than the moneygram online method.
American run, so poor customer service using poorly paid Asian call centre staff.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Money gram so unhappy

Sent money though money gram and it was stopped for no reason and after questioning it , they don’t need to give a answer it’s there policy? But was told I could get a refund and send money again as my account was free again? Things where desperate so I sent another $200 plus fee and it was rejected again omg, and trying to get the money back for over a year now, as they want everything in email, save yourself the hassle use someone else, the way you are spoken to it’s not called for and money gram don’t blame 7/11

Terrible. Unreliable. Stressful. Scammers.

Don't use their service. Most likely your transaction will be cancelled (due to internal security check!), but they will keep your money for 10 business days.
It seams to me this is the way they are making money, telling people, that transaction is not secure, and they are very regulated company, therefore,
protecting clients from any scam (which is nonsense !). When you asking what regulator advising them to protect clients, they keep repeating that they are very regulated, but don't tell you a regulator name.
Moneygram biggest scammers.

Matthew

MatthewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Find Another Method To Transfer Money

This transaction was the 2nd I've initiated. Before the transaction code can be issued, Moneygram has to contact the store where transaction was initiated. The 7-11 store had a land line fault and could not be contacted therefore the transaction was blocked. I had to return to the 7-11 and use my phone to contact Moneygram. I couldn't contact the Moneygram representative I had been dealing with, and the rep I was talking to said the transaction was approved. It took 5 hours to resolve the issue. During this time, I spoke to several Moneygram representatives. Their phone manner was apaling. Basically, they were continually ordering me back to the 7-11 store. Use Western Union if you can.

Maria.

Maria.South East Queensland, QLD

ridiculous

Tavenisa Diri

Tavenisa Diri

MoneyGram is my FIRST and ONLY choice when sending money to my loved ones in different parts of the world.

MoneyGram is affordable, easy and quick. All persons providing assistance over the telephone are always very helpful and make the money transaction process easy and quick. I recommend MoneyGram to all.

Mary Danni O.

Mary Danni O.Sydney, NSW

Easy peasy

Easy to use. Perfect way to send money internationally. Fast and secure. I used the kiosk at 7 eleven and money was picked up almost straight away by the recipient.

Good way to transfer money 24 hrs a day

Great to be able to use 7Eleven for transfer of money 24 hrs a day...only recommendation that before you commence transaction it should be mentioned that you need cash to transfer..cant direct debit from bank account.

Ray

RaySydney, NSW

Online voucher

Useless online voucher. done everything online, and then arrived at the store to pay but they will not accept it. you have to do it all over again in the machine.its a waste of time. Though the reason is valid, they should have just scrape this online voucher option. So disappointed.

Paresh