Verifiedmongrelboots.com.au

3.9

Gunbarrel
Gunbarrel2 posts

Premium Riding Boots

The premium riding boot has exceeded expectations in quality and comfort. For under $200, they look and feel great and seem very robust. A great Australian made alternative to RMW and Rossi Kidman for half the price.

Before wearing them, I bought a $5 tin of dubbin from Woolies, rubbed some in and left over night before wearing. The water beads off them.

They have only taken three wears to shape to my foot and feel great. I walked 3km today and my feet don't hurt. As only a sufferer of plantar fasciitis will know, this is the mark of a good boot. Show details

Stephen D.2 posts

Bad quality and shipping is crazy high

I just got a pair of these shipped in from Australia because there’s no sellers in Canada apparently.After 75 in shipping and another 42 for tax and duties these things came out to over 300 dollars. When I opened the box and put them on my first impressions were that their size chart to western sizes is off by at least half a size and second these things are cheap and flimsy. They feel as light as crocks and the leather is no where near the thickness of my blue stones. They are getting shipped right back. Show details
Stephen D.

News update. They don’t accept returns. Do not buy these.

Steve
StevePerth, WA

Brent Collier
Brent CollierSydney, NSW

Most comfortable boots ever

As a Physiologist, I asked all the big boot companies to come in to Peak Health in Gymea to advise our therapists about work boots for our patients. Only one company attended. The Rep Ian spent time going over the whole range. I wanted to lead by example. I bought a pair of 5610 safety boots for teaching manual handling. Plus 2 pairs of premium riding boots for the clinic 805070. On the weekend I was part of a 24 hour cancer charity event. I walked 57km in my boots plus set up and pack up across multiple days. Never been so comfortable.
Thanks to Ian Jordison and Mongrel boots. I’ll never wear another brand again Show details
Paul C.
Paul C.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

What a Mongrel idea

Seven months ago ,aprox I bought a pair of these mongrel work boots,.after about two months my feet began to ache, two months later I have plantar problems and now have to navigate through to new boots and souls fir maybe six months.
Libby
Libby

Most comfortable boots ever

Putting on my mongrel boots for the first time was like wearing your favourite shoes. So amazing and comfortable. After a weekend at world superbikes I must have mentioned it so many times that when we got back my husband went and bought a pair! And his experience in the outlet was quick and easy. Show details
carlsbertram
carlsbertramGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts
Rob.
Rob.Perth, WA

Best boot I’ve worn.. ever!!

Bought from a major rival, but 1st day digging into the inside of my right heel, unbearable by lunch time.. Next day returned them, exchanged for Mongrel’s and hooooly moly what a difference!!
Will never buy a different boot!! Show details
Plato
PlatoSouth-Eastern Region, NSW2 posts

Mongel Work Boot Non Safety

Awesome Boots, comfort, weight is good, leather seems solid but flexible, sole good grip, good for a wider foot fitting. Impressed with water proof as well. Will buy again. Sick of buying other brands that always give me problems one way or another so am glad I got these. For the money they are a good deal, theres a lot more expensive ones out there but the Mongrels cover the durability and comfort base better. Try wearing work boots that hurt for 8 to 10 hrs a day, enough to drive you drink. Buy 1/2 size smaller as they are made in the larger fit detail. I knew this and ordered 1/2 size down and a perfect fit right out of the box. Show details
Matty1981
Matty1981Mid North Coast, NSW23 posts

561 HIGH LEG ZIPSIDER BOOT W/ SCUFF CAP

I’ve had the Mongrel 561
HIGH LEG ZIPSIDER BOOT W/ SCUFF CAP boots for just over 12 months. These boots are Super comfortable to wear. Luxury padding. Awesome Vibram soles. Easy in and out due to side zip.
Only negative for me is the Velcro tabs that keep the side zips from riding down. The tabs always seem to scuff open. Spend several times a day closing tabs in place. Velcro collects dirt and rubbish. Loses its effectiveness. I’ve found leather clasps with press studs (from another brand) more effective in the past.

Next purchase I may try your
HIGH LEG ZIPSIDER BOOT W/ SCUFF CAP. These has the press studs. Although as of yet they don’t come in black. Show details

Brendan E.
Brendan E.

561 - solid comfortable boot

I’ve had these boots for 18mths now and absolutely flogged them and they stand up to the test. Firstly, nothing has come apart. Even the inner lining around the heel is still intact like new. Every other boot I’ve had in the past has had the inner linning rip in the heel within 12mths, including blue steel and magnum. The zips got a bit tight but a lil WD40 and they are good as gold. Reckon I will be another few good years in them. They are on the heavier side but they are steel capped work boots. Will definitely buy them again. Show details
David R.
David R.3 posts

Crap boots

The glue they use is of such a poor standard that after 8 months they fall to bits I took them to a well known boot make to try to get them repaired he said throw them away as the glue they use is useless and there is no way to fix the problems DON'T WASTE YOU CASH Show details
David C.
David C.2 posts

terrible quality

expensive and get next to nothing cushioning and arch support is horrible ends up hurting your feet
one of the worst boots I have worn.
no 30 days return.
all these reviews that [Content Removed] Show details
Damo1
Damo1Sydney, NSW7 posts

Heavy boot to wear all day

I got talked into getting a pair of these as a replacement to a 30 day guarantee swap on a different pair of boots...
They are not a great boot to wear all day stomping around a building site! They are very heavy and a day on concrete will see you with heal pain..
I would not recommend these boots to anyone that has to stand and walk around all day I wish I'd never got talked into them I didn't want them from the start and after wearing them for 6mths it confirmed my fears..
If you want all day comfort from a work boot DO NOT buy mongrels they are not what you want in a work boot they are rubbish... Show details
Ryan J.
Ryan J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

comfortable!

the boots absolutely aced the comfort and weight. easily the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.
unfortunately, the tops of the soles did start the separate in the first few months, looks like a cosmetic issue though as it doesn't seem to spread. but the soles do lack grip, which i think they need to address. there is literally none.
i will get them again. the comfort is superior to any other boot ive worn. which is the main focus point i look for in a boot. 10 hours of working on your feet and coming home not having sore legs and feet is something i didn't think id ever find in a boot Show details ·  1