Jack Northway

Jack NorthwayGippsland, VIC

My go too work boot

I work in construction industry, and these boots are my go too boot. I have a low lace up side zip boot. Since I get the luxuries of getting new boots every 12 months I have used the same boot 3 times in a row with no intention of changing. The biggest pro for me is the side zipper, with the angled zipping it makes taking on and off the boots as easy as slip ons. Too be fair half the time I don’t even zip it up. And with that added ease, and comfit have found myself using these boots everyday all day even after work and on outtings

Store LocationSale
Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

ADVICE FOR FIRST TIME WORK BOOT BUYERS

DamienSydney, NSW

$200 Mongrel dress boots make noise when walking - No customer service from Mongrel

Purchased Mongrel riding boot to replace my 20 year old RM Williams (too expensive these days).
I have a wide foot so purchased the extra wide fitting size based on retailers advice which was they would be tight to start with but would expand over time. Since new my heel has slipped and if I wear boot socks my little toes are very sore by the end of the day.
I contacted Mongrel via their webpage contact form and have heard absolutely nothing.
Poor customer service and a very disappointed customer.

Store LocationTaren Point, NSW
SizingSlightly small
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Damien, I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the fit of your new boots. Please contact me directly at phillip@mongrelboots.com.au if you wish to discuss. Thanks, Phillip.

Darren S.

Darren S.Perth, WA

Mongrel Boots

I bought my first pair of Mongrel boots about 3 months ago, i was hesitant because they cost a bit more than i had planned on spending but they are hands down the most comfortable things ive ever put on my feet. Very impressed and glad i bought them

Store LocationRSEA Midland WA
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Darren, thanks for leaving a review of your Mongrels. We aim to make our boots as comfortable and durable as possible, and i'm glad to hear they've lived up to your expectations. Thanks, Phillip.

Satisfied

Absolutely stoked with my mongrels. Was hesitant to buy boots as I'm on my feet 8hrs+a day in a busy back and forth job but they are so comfortable and durable. Withstood a night out with my kelpie and barely any damage done. Recommend to everyone!

Store LocationOnline
Garry

GarryFar North Queensland, QLD

Finally, a comfortable boot.

After 22 years in the military, and 20 years working in a PNG mine, I had worn various brands of boots. Now retired on our FNQ farm, I was after a comfortable boot. I posed the question on a Fly in/Fly out social media page, and Mongrel boots was the most recommended.
So went to the local dealer and bought a pair. Definitely the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. Have recommended them to others already.

Store LocationTableland Batteries, Tolga, FNQ
Josh

Josh

Mongrel Boots - Oil Kip Riding Boot

Store LocationOrange, NSW
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Josh, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your boots. We appreciate your support for our Aussie made riding boots and are confident that your Mongrels will take good care of you long into the future. Cheers, Phillip

Paul Dalley

Very comfortable but not durable

I bought my mongrel boots 23 August 2019. Black zip side. As you can see in the picture, one upper has come apart from the sole along the inside. This began about 3 months ago and has now got quite bad, lets water in. That's a pity because the boots are extremely comfortable and showing very little wear apart from that fault. I think that's not good enough performance for a medium price range boot so I requested a replacement. Emailed Mongrel on 17 July but no reply yet.
Mongrel replied on 11 August, said warranty was only 6 mths. so no replacement. Cracking caused by water, frequent application of wax/dubbin recommended. I bought another pair because of extreme comfort. Mongrel offered me a free tin of their leather wax, good one.

Store LocationKempsey Corporate Workwear, Kempsey NSW
Paul Dalley

Hi Phillip, I've received the leather wax and using it regularly. Also the Mongrel socks have solved my problem of socks disappearing into boots. So thank you.

Robert J.

Robert J.Central Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but doesn't last.

My boots came with a six months warranty, but the stitching came apart on the side of one boot just outside the warranty period. As an electrician, i expected them to last a little longer than 7 months.

Store LocationThe Boot Warehouse, Miranda NSW
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Robert, thanks for leaving a review of your boots, and i'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please contact me via phillip@mongrelboots.com.au if you would like us to take a look at the issue you've had with the stitching. Thanks, Phillip.

Fiona

Fiona

Wide fit boots

These are the boots of all boots for larger men. I stand on concrete all day and they are so comfy I can't wait to use them each day. Get some now

Store Locationonline
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Fiona, thanks for leaving a review of your boots. We're pleased to hear that you love the wide fitting your Mongrels provide! Thanks, Phillip.

ljet.g4

ljet.g4Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good

I have problems with my feet so the most comfortable boot is top priority for me. Ive had the likes of steel blue, cat, olivers etc, and was happy with them but their quality felt different after a few years and would leave me with feet, ankle, knee, back and neck problems.
I stumbled onto mongrel boots after trying on almost every boot at the store, and somehow tried these last. As soon as I tried them it gave me instant relief to my feet.
Its only been 2 weeks and they’re the most comfortable boot Ive had. So far so good.
Please don’t lose the quality like the other top brands.

Store LocationTullamarine RSEA
STOMP

STOMPDarling Downs, QLD

Most comfortable work boot ever

As a Gardener/ landscaper I have had the five years of terrible boots before discovering Mongrel boots, My wife bought a pair not long after I had bought Blundstone which after 2 weeks started failing, after 3 months and $150 down the tube I bought a pair of Mongel boots with scuff cap, I have had them 5months and the inside heel has zero wear, great condition and as comfy as ASIC runners. I live in them. Could not recommend enough.
Thanks for the amazing work boot.
Scotty

Store LocationEbay
PeGeCo

PeGeCoSydney, NSW

Fantastic boots

Recently bought my first pair of Mongrel work boots (high leg zipsider). Was a bit unsure buying over the Internet without trying them on first, but turns out my fears were unfounded. They fit perfectly, and are the most comfortable boots I've owned. They look great, and the quality is first class. Love that they're Aussie made by an Aussie owned company.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Most painful boots I've ever worn.

Bought a pair of the P series 2nd hand new, thought nothing of it until I wore them for 2 days.

Severe debillitating pain in the Achilles Heel that I've never had from any steelcaps before in life, confirmed by a Dr as tendontitis. After I inspected the boots closer i realised it's from poor design. Why are the boots curved to such a weird angle at the back? It does nothing but bring pain from unnatural position.

I don't even think I can wear these anymore after what they've done to my foot. Wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

just another UserSydney, NSW

NOT LONG LASTING Only Comfortable,

I bought a pair in October 2019 and in March the soles of the shoes has worn off.
I am basically a site engineer and only walk to site and back. I do not do any heavy work

previously I had caterpillars and they lasted 2 years before I needed to change them.
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BRAND!!!

Store LocationHi-Craft Safety
Ben

BenHunter Region, NSW

Sturdy, comfortable and tough

I was issued a pair of 545030 boots for work 5 years ago and when they got a bit scuffed up they became my work around home boots, renovating and gardening. But after shamelessly abusing them, they're still holding together, haven't worn through anywhere and they are so comfortable, as you can imagine being so worn in, they are my absolute favourite 'go to' boot. I was a Blundstone fan prior to owning these Mongrels, which have outperformed the Blundstones in every way. And they're Aussie owned and made, which makes them even better.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Ben, thanks for leaving a review of your Mongrels. We're stoked to hear how well your boots have stood up to the conditions their used in, and appreciate your support of our Aussie made boots! Cheers, Phillip.

Andrew

AndrewSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Australian made, really comfortable, & light weight

Store LocationHarrison's Moruya
Doc

DocGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Comfortable but lacks support.

Got these Mongrel boots as a replacement for some faulty Cat work boots that started to fall apart after a month from RSEA.
Choose the Mongrel as thought I would support Australian made.
Boots are comfortable but have no support in them, after a full days work feet are killing me, thought they needed to be worn in, but after a couple of months they are worse.
Wasted a couple hundred bucks and now going in the bin.

Store LocationRSEA Moorabbin airport
Richard

Richard

Biodegradable boots ie hydolysis

Have a pair of mongrel boots, evidentially the manufacture says there seven years old , they may have sat on the shelf for a while before I got them.
Only worn them several times and stored them in my bedroom cupboard with my other shoes for very occasional use
To look at them they look brand new, (mint condition) but the new looking soles peel back and the thick packing material within the heel has broken down , disintegrated on massive scale
I expected these boots to last until I’d worn them out, not the other way around
I appreciate there not new but they have had no wear and tear and little use.
They were to be a long term when needed boot

Adam.S

Adam.Sasked

Hi I just bought a pair of slip on safety shoe boots, I tried a 10 1/2 on in shop in black and it was good and comfy so I ordered a pair in stone and when I got them they were overly tight on the top of my foot to the point it made them sore and numb, Is there a solution to this will they get looser

Damien

Try rubbing in some dubbin then leave in sun to soften the immediately weat for a while.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Adam, just confirming that i've responded to your Facebook message. Cheers, Phillip.

Natalie C.

Natalie C.asked

I have a pair of non-safety zip sider boots and absolutely love them. Comfiest boots i've ever had. I'm after some boots to wear to the office and was wondering if the Riding boot/Oil Kip style boots have a similar fit/sole as the others? I dont have anywhere locally to try them on and was considering buying them online, but the toe shape is so different i'm worried they wont fit. Any help? Cheers, Nat.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Natalie, thanks for your question. We're glad to hear that you love your Mongrels! The fit and last design of our riding boot is different to our work boots, but the sizing is more or less the same. I would recommend ordering the same size as your work boots, and they should fit you the best. In terms of the sole, they are constructed from the same soft but hard wearing TPU/PU as our work boots. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Phillip.

J.Pasked

Hi, do you make a narrower fitting boot or can they be made? EEE is too wide for my feet.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi JP, unfortunately all of our boots are the same fitting (EEE). We don't make any narrower fittings at this stage. Thanks, Phillip.

J.P

Thanks just thought I’d see. I do love the boots but thick socks in the warmer weather to fill out the width ain’t so fun. I’ll wait in Hope. Is a UK 11 any narrower than a 12?
Cheers JP