Russell

Russell Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst boots ever! the boots faded completely different colours after a few months. I'll never purchase Mongrel Boots

It was easy enough to get hold of Customer service, but for them to retun calls is woeful at best

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Russell, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your boots and our customer service. Feel free to contact me via phillip@mongrelboots.com.au so i can look into this for you. Cheers, Phillip.

Lulu

LuluMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best work boots I've ever worn.

I have worn Mongrel work boots for the last 10 years and love them. I have been wearing work boots daily for about 40 years and Mongrels are definitely the most comfortable I have ever worn. Recently I inadvertently bought a new pair online (not from Mongrels) which turned out to be 10 years old and the sole disintegrated. Mongrels resoled them to good as new for $40. Great boots, good service and friendly helpful staff.

BSsrfhtnfsh M.

BSsrfhtnfsh M.South East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but short lived

I'm a tradie who wears these boots 5-6 days a week there very comfortable but are short lived for the price. Each set splits on the outer ankle every time within a Year, I have had 5 set's over the last 5
to 6 years.
Latest set I purchased, the newest style steel cap safety boot split it's stiching in the same spot within 2 months queried purchase store about warranty and sent photos and was told to return product before further action could be taken, Their my compulsory safety boots carnt just send them back without purchasing another set.

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable work boots

Well made, good sizing and comfortable. Plenty of room for a thick sock without them feeling baggy. They feel supportive in the ankle area. I bought the high leg size zip style for motorcycle riding and will probably buy another pair but without the steel cap.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Good stuff Steve, thanks again for your support mate.

Vince P.South East Queensland, QLD

Best Aussie Boots Bought

These are my second pair of Mongrels. I wear these boots all day and most of the evening.
I'm unable to walk without them due to a fused ankle from a motorcycle crash,
I also are able to wear my orthotic insole
They are very comfortable and give great support considering I wear these boots for a minimum of 14 hours every day.
You cannot put a price on the comfort of these work boots.
Well done guys,
Keep up the good work Australia.

Store LocationQueensland
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Vince, thanks for leaving a review of your Mongrels. We aim to make our boots as comfortable and durable as possible, and i'm glad to hear they've lived up to your expectations. We appreciate your support of our Aussie made boots! Thanks, Phillip.

Tom G.

Tom G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best boots straight out of the box

Best boots I’ve had straight out of the box no need to wear in; no sore feet. The comfort is unreal and they are Australian made. Keep it up don’t change anything

Ian D.Launceston, TAS

Best work footwear I have ever worn

I recently purchased a pair of Mongrel zip sided work boots and they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I had been having a few back issues for about three months and within a few days of wearing the new boots I noticed significant improvement. I have been so impressed by the boots I went back last week and bought a pair of their Derby shoes for casual wear. They are every bit as comfortable as the work boots, so I am a very happy customer.

Shaun H.

Shaun H.Sydney, NSW

Water proof

I purchased a pair of 3/4 length zip side boots absolutely love them comfortable as, but I have an issue with waterproofing, I’ve sprayed them with scotch guard several coats as I do to all my new boots but to my dismay in any wet conditions I found them to be honestly rubbish just in wet grass.
I then waterproofed them with a wax coating witch made them look like crap helped a little with water and wet conditions then next adventure wet grass light rain boots are rubbish wet socks water slushing in my boots terrible experience.

Conclusion is boots are comfy for dry conditions only any moisture or water around the boots are rubbish this may persuade me to look at another brand of boots in the future unfortunately 4 out o 10 for me.

Thirsty GeckoFar North Queensland, QLD

Mongrel Zipsiders NOT Up To Scratch

AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mongral boots are dangerous. If you want to hurt or kill your partner this is the way to go. Buy them these boots.

Brought my partner a Christmas gift. A pair of mongral boots. As is working out. It could be his last Christmas. These boots are dangerous. He has fallen twice. Once on wet grass. Once on metal grids. The soles are slippery, no grip. Took them back to safety shop. No luck there. Was told rubber hard to get now. Oh she was going to tell rep , if and when he came back. Tough. Contacted company twice. No response. Took them to boot repair man who, couldn't do anything to soles to help. Nothing could be done.

Anne

I have kept a close eye on my emails. Keen to talk. Sent second e mail. I have not received anything from you. My second email, I let you know I was going public.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Anne, i replied to your email on January 21. Have you check your spam folder? Thanks, Phillip

Surfpuppies

SurfpuppiesMid North Coast, NSW

Safety Hazard Rubbish Sole

I would caution anyone AGAINST buying these boots. I have a pair of safety steel caps and the sole is rubbish! Great if you want to slip and slide on any bit of wet or even damp ground but if you work in any job site that involves even a small puddle on the ground, you might want to look elsewhere. Had a bad fall on tiled roof wearing these stupid things. Should’ve worn one with Vibram soles - even my hiking boots have better grip!

Jake

JakeTasmania

Very disappointed

SizingTrue to size

Terribly uncomfortable boots

Jack Northway

Jack NorthwayGippsland, VIC

My go too work boot

I work in construction industry, and these boots are my go too boot. I have a low lace up side zip boot. Since I get the luxuries of getting new boots every 12 months I have used the same boot 3 times in a row with no intention of changing. The biggest pro for me is the side zipper, with the angled zipping it makes taking on and off the boots as easy as slip ons. Too be fair half the time I don’t even zip it up. And with that added ease, and comfit have found myself using these boots everyday all day even after work and on outtings

Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

ADVICE FOR FIRST TIME WORK BOOT BUYERS

DamienSydney, NSW

$200 Mongrel dress boots make noise when walking - No customer service from Mongrel

Purchased Mongrel riding boot to replace my 20 year old RM Williams (too expensive these days).
I have a wide foot so purchased the extra wide fitting size based on retailers advice which was they would be tight to start with but would expand over time. Since new my heel has slipped and if I wear boot socks my little toes are very sore by the end of the day.
I contacted Mongrel via their webpage contact form and have heard absolutely nothing.
Poor customer service and a very disappointed customer.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Damien, I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the fit of your new boots. Please contact me directly at phillip@mongrelboots.com.au if you wish to discuss. Thanks, Phillip.

Darren S.

Darren S.Perth, WA

Mongrel Boots

I bought my first pair of Mongrel boots about 3 months ago, i was hesitant because they cost a bit more than i had planned on spending but they are hands down the most comfortable things ive ever put on my feet. Very impressed and glad i bought them

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Darren, thanks for leaving a review of your Mongrels. We aim to make our boots as comfortable and durable as possible, and i'm glad to hear they've lived up to your expectations. Thanks, Phillip.

Satisfied

Absolutely stoked with my mongrels. Was hesitant to buy boots as I'm on my feet 8hrs+a day in a busy back and forth job but they are so comfortable and durable. Withstood a night out with my kelpie and barely any damage done. Recommend to everyone!

Garry

GarryFar North Queensland, QLD

Finally, a comfortable boot.

After 22 years in the military, and 20 years working in a PNG mine, I had worn various brands of boots. Now retired on our FNQ farm, I was after a comfortable boot. I posed the question on a Fly in/Fly out social media page, and Mongrel boots was the most recommended.
So went to the local dealer and bought a pair. Definitely the most comfortable boot I have ever worn. Have recommended them to others already.

Josh

Josh

Mongrel Boots - Oil Kip Riding Boot

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Josh, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your boots. We appreciate your support for our Aussie made riding boots and are confident that your Mongrels will take good care of you long into the future. Cheers, Phillip

Doc Boneseedasked

Hi everyone, I have a new pair of Mongrels. I laced up the boots and THEN zipped up my boots. My wife reckons that I should have zipped the boots up first, then do the laces up.

What's the best way, laces first or zipper first?

Steve

I find it easier to loosen the laces then unzip to remove. Putting on I zip then tighten the laces.

Vince P.

Hi Buddy I lace them once then never use them again unless the come apart.
I always just use the zippier to put them and off, so much quicker.

Doc Boneseed

Thanks for that Vince. I was actually thinking about getting the fit right , when first putting them on. Once done, I would only need to use the zipper. My wife reckons when FIRST putting them on, you zip them up, then tie the laces to get the best fit. I reckon laced up reasonably tight (but comfortable), THEN the zipper.

Rileyasked

I tried on a pair of size 11's and they were a little big, the guy said they didn't have any 10 1/2s so he gave me a size 10, finally tried them on when I went home and they were too tight, took them back and they said they couldn't do anything because I'd worn them, is there any way to loosen them up or am I just stuck with boots that are too tight?

Ian D.

It must have been an issue at the retailers, because looking online Mongrel make 1/2 sizes. It may be worth you talking directly to Mongrel Boots?

Riley

worth a shot, any idea how i would go about that?

Vince P.

They will loosen up in time as they are leather I'm normally a size 10 but wear a 9 in Mongrel boots

Adam.S

Adam.Sasked

Hi I just bought a pair of slip on safety shoe boots, I tried a 10 1/2 on in shop in black and it was good and comfy so I ordered a pair in stone and when I got them they were overly tight on the top of my foot to the point it made them sore and numb, Is there a solution to this will they get looser

Damien

Try rubbing in some dubbin then leave in sun to soften the immediately weat for a while.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Adam, just confirming that i've responded to your Facebook message. Cheers, Phillip.

Get an answer from our members and Mongrel Boots representatives