4.1

Paul Dalley

Paul Dalley

Very comfortable but not durable

I bought my mongrel boots 23 August 2019. Black zip side. As you can see in the picture, one upper has come apart from the sole along the inside. This began about 3 months ago and has now got quite bad, lets water in. That's a pity because the boots are extremely comfortable and showing very little wear apart from that fault. I think that's not good enough performance for a medium price range boot so I requested a replacement. Emailed Mongrel on 17 July but no reply yet.

Store LocationKempsey Corporate Workwear, Kempsey NSW
Robert J.

Robert J.Central Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but doesn't last.

My boots came with a six months warranty, but the stitching came apart on the side of one boot just outside the warranty period. As an electrician, i expected them to last a little longer than 7 months.

Store LocationThe Boot Warehouse, Miranda NSW
Fiona

Fiona

Wide fit boots

These are the boots of all boots for larger men. I stand on concrete all day and they are so comfy I can't wait to use them each day. Get some now

Store Locationonline
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Fiona, thanks for leaving a review of your boots. We're pleased to hear that you love the wide fitting your Mongrels provide! Thanks, Phillip.

ljet.g4

ljet.g4Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good

I have problems with my feet so the most comfortable boot is top priority for me. Ive had the likes of steel blue, cat, olivers etc, and was happy with them but their quality felt different after a few years and would leave me with feet, ankle, knee, back and neck problems.
I stumbled onto mongrel boots after trying on almost every boot at the store, and somehow tried these last. As soon as I tried them it gave me instant relief to my feet.
Its only been 2 weeks and they’re the most comfortable boot Ive had. So far so good.
Please don’t lose the quality like the other top brands.

Store LocationTullamarine RSEA
STOMP

STOMPDarling Downs, QLD

Most comfortable work boot ever

As a Gardener/ landscaper I have had the five years of terrible boots before discovering Mongrel boots, My wife bought a pair not long after I had bought Blundstone which after 2 weeks started failing, after 3 months and $150 down the tube I bought a pair of Mongel boots with scuff cap, I have had them 5months and the inside heel has zero wear, great condition and as comfy as ASIC runners. I live in them. Could not recommend enough.
Thanks for the amazing work boot.
Scotty

Store LocationEbay
PeGeCo

PeGeCoSydney, NSW

Fantastic boots

Recently bought my first pair of Mongrel work boots (high leg zipsider). Was a bit unsure buying over the Internet without trying them on first, but turns out my fears were unfounded. They fit perfectly, and are the most comfortable boots I've owned. They look great, and the quality is first class. Love that they're Aussie made by an Aussie owned company.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Most painful boots I've ever worn.

Bought a pair of the P series 2nd hand new, thought nothing of it until I wore them for 2 days.

Severe debillitating pain in the Achilles Heel that I've never had from any steelcaps before in life, confirmed by a Dr as tendontitis. After I inspected the boots closer i realised it's from poor design. Why are the boots curved to such a weird angle at the back? It does nothing but bring pain from unnatural position.

I don't even think I can wear these anymore after what they've done to my foot. Wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

just another UserSydney, NSW

NOT LONG LASTING Only Comfortable,

I bought a pair in October 2019 and in March the soles of the shoes has worn off.
I am basically a site engineer and only walk to site and back. I do not do any heavy work

previously I had caterpillars and they lasted 2 years before I needed to change them.
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS BRAND!!!

Store LocationHi-Craft Safety

Ben

BenHunter Region, NSW

Sturdy, comfortable and tough

I was issued a pair of 545030 boots for work 5 years ago and when they got a bit scuffed up they became my work around home boots, renovating and gardening. But after shamelessly abusing them, they're still holding together, haven't worn through anywhere and they are so comfortable, as you can imagine being so worn in, they are my absolute favourite 'go to' boot. I was a Blundstone fan prior to owning these Mongrels, which have outperformed the Blundstones in every way. And they're Aussie owned and made, which makes them even better.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Ben, thanks for leaving a review of your Mongrels. We're stoked to hear how well your boots have stood up to the conditions their used in, and appreciate your support of our Aussie made boots! Cheers, Phillip.

Andrew

AndrewSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Australian made, really comfortable, & light weight

Store LocationHarrison's Moruya
Doc

DocGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Comfortable but lacks support.

Got these Mongrel boots as a replacement for some faulty Cat work boots that started to fall apart after a month from RSEA.
Choose the Mongrel as thought I would support Australian made.
Boots are comfortable but have no support in them, after a full days work feet are killing me, thought they needed to be worn in, but after a couple of months they are worse.
Wasted a couple hundred bucks and now going in the bin.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationRSEA Moorabbin airport
Richard

Richard

Biodegradable boots ie hydolysis

Have a pair of mongrel boots, evidentially the manufacture says there seven years old , they may have sat on the shelf for a while before I got them.
Only worn them several times and stored them in my bedroom cupboard with my other shoes for very occasional use
To look at them they look brand new, (mint condition) but the new looking soles peel back and the thick packing material within the heel has broken down , disintegrated on massive scale
I expected these boots to last until I’d worn them out, not the other way around
I appreciate there not new but they have had no wear and tear and little use.
They were to be a long term when needed boot

Sumar S.

Sumar S.Sydney, NSW

Good boots didn't last long

My boots lasted three months the sewing ripped apart on the side of the boot the boots are comfy and I like them just wanted to know why the stitching came apart

Store LocationVillawood
SpencerH

SpencerHCentral West, NSW

Review of my boots I purchased in 2017/18 compared to the newer boots of 2019/20

Boots where comfy from day 1, no wearing in blisters or discomfort.

Extreme use: has been used on firegrounds in hot coals, and active flame no melting or deforming had occurred with the boot.
Also used these boots in sub zero temperatures in the snow over winter extended use dried out leather and allowed soaking to occur.

Overall a really comfy boot from day 1 I would like to buy this exact model again but unfortunately they do not appear to make them anymore. Such a shame as I bought new r series wheat side zip boots and they are the most uncomfortable boot I have ever worn. Please bring back the previous models from 2017/18 or get rid of the hard heal strengthening material, I prefer to keep skin on my heal. Cheers Cobb.

Store LocationJack Evans work wear Orange

Ihateclarkshomes

IhateclarkshomesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

wasted alot of money on these

Wish I had never wasted so much money on these. They hurt the tops of my feet BAD. Doesn’t matter how tight or loose the laces are they hurt like hell. Have NEVER had this problem with any shoe ever! Also annoys me that stones always get stuck underneath tread and always have to dig them out . With the amount of money I spent I would expect better! Not happy being in pain at work is NO FUN. Will NEVER buy this brand ever again.

Store LocationLilydale safety wear
Bevo..

Bevo..Wimmera, VIC

Couldnt imagine another pair of boots more comfortable than my nikes

These boots have seen the hardest conditions including cooper basin munes, welding and gas cutting, 4x4 fun, hunting, chemical use and farming on a broarder spectrum and still going 7 years later. Looking forward to my next pair

Store LocationAlan and Trevs Workwear Horsham Vic
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Bevo, thanks for your review. We aim to make our boots as comfortable and as durable as possible, and i'm glad to hear they've lived up to your expectations. Thanks, Phillip.

Best boots I've worn.

On my third and fourth pair at present. Comfortable, strong and true to size. These days I buy online as there is usually a better range and by searching often a better price.

Store LocationSeveral
Mitchell S.

Mitchell S.South East Queensland, QLD

Great boot, tough and crazy comfy

Store LocationMan Cave workwear
Kym

KymDarling Downs, QLD

We love our Mongrels!!!!!

We have bought Mongrel Boots for as long as I can remember! We have always been 100% happy with the quality, price and extremely proud they are made in Australia!! Two of our boys are diesel mechanic apprentices and they have found Mongrels are the best boot to wear providing them with comfort and safety. Most of their work mates use Mongrel Boots too!! Our other two adult children and myself also have them and they are super comfortable and provide great protection. WE ARE A ’MONGREL’ FAMILY

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Kym, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We strive to make our boots as durable and as comfortable as possible, and we're proud to have your whole family onboard as Mongrel ambassadors. Thanks again!