James D.

James D.Perth, WA

Most comfy boots I ever worn, but straps keeps on coming off from Velcro to the button type.

These is my 3rd boots from Mongrel and they are the most comfy boots I've ever worn but the straps keeps coming off on Zip on Model from Velcro to now supposed to be improved metal button type. I was excited to see that they have improved the Velcro type to Button when I bought it. But I got disappointed as once the button gets undone they hit each other and making some noise too! That is why I have to stop walking and keep on putting it back on. Is there anything I can do about it? I was thinking of cutting it off but concerned the zip might get undone.

Store LocationWork wear in Malaga, WA

D.r

D.r

I’ve tried every brand but would never go back to anything else from now on. Mongrel all the way

I’m on my feet 60hrs a week for work. I’ve tried blundstones which are durable on the outside but the insides fall apart and need breaking in. I’ve been wearing a pair of mongrels for the last two weeks after the boys at work recommended them and they are the first pair of boots that require no breaking in. The inner soles and arch support are fantastic. We’ll see how they go for durability but all the reviews I’ve read seem to be positive.

Sizing Slightly small
Store LocationWestern port work wear

Dave J.Perth, WA

Already had 2 pair

Product Appearance As advertised
Store LocationWork Clobber Mandurah.
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Dave, thanks for the positive review of your Mongrels! I've followed up your email, and sent you a reply. Please let me know if you need anymore assistance. Thanks, Phillip.

Dave J.

Thanks for the prompt reply Phillip! I have now ordered a pair of black 251020 to make my 3rd pair. I wish I’d stuck with Mongrel all along as I probably wouldn’t have plantar fasciitis now. I’ll post a review when they’ve got a few hours on them .

Jacob MantzarisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bought them as I work security on my feet all day, after 4 hours my feet are in AGONY.

I was told they're the best shoes for security, my friend was boasting about them so I sunk $250 into them and I have tried "giving them a few extra tries" to see if maybe it just needs to "break in" but the truth is that it cuts my foot up toward my toes and really is so painful after a few hours of standing in them. I went to a size below to see if my issue could be fixed but it wouldn't fit so I went a size up and they almost seem too big, my foot lifts up in them so I have to have them on really tight to make sure no lifting happens but I don't know it's just so painful. I wasted $250 on these :(

Sizing Very large
Jacob Mantzaris

I've barely used the boots, wore them 3 times so far and each time has led to absolute agony a few hours in.

Great Australian product

I purchased my Mongrel boots after trying on a lot of other brands, I am on my feet all day and never think about my feet. The quality of stitching and the zip position is very good. The only issue I had was the retail store I bought my boots from didn't promote Australian made when I was trying on safety boots.
Regards
B.S.

Store LocationTotally Work Wear, Cairns
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Bill, thanks for leaving a review of your Mongrels! We strive to make our boots as comfortable as possible, and we appreciate you supporting an Aussie manufacturer. Thanks, Phillip.

mr aussieSydney

SHELF LIFE

I have 2 pairs of Mongrels, both I had worn in rotation, one pair sat in my hallway for about 12 months, the sole on both shoes fell off and disintegrated when I put them on, I wrote to Mongrel and this is there reply.
I have many many boots and shoes, some up to 20 years old, NONE have fallen to bits like these Mongrels, they leave little incentive to purchase any more products from them, considering their response.

Thanks for the email and the boots are suffering from Hydrolysis as they were produced in 2005. This is degredation due to the age and extended storage time and therefore not covered under warranty.

sterling

sterlingSydney, NSW

Best shoes I’ve ever used

Now I am on my third pair of non safety, side zipper style shoes, I walk a minimum of 18 km per day and I have used this pair for more than 3 years, still it’s in wearable condition. I will buy my next pair soon

Store LocationCan’t remember but bought it online from Melbourne

Linda

LindaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great Boots

Very comfortable, great ankle support, easy to get on and off, aren't too heavy to have on all day. Had two pair , about to pull on the third pair. Very hard wearing and durable.
Very satisfied

Dave W

Dave WBrisbane

Comfortable and practical

I’ve purchased two pairs! A Steel Cap 261050 and also the soft toe 961020. Both are a very comfortable fit, no hot spots even after walking 80km in the week. Fantastic arch support.
An Australian business and made in Australia.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Dave, thanks for your review. We strive to make our boots as comfortable and as durable as possible, and we appreciate your support and positive feedback! Thanks, Phillip

Top quality, comfortable boots.

I purchased the a pair of N-series non-safety boots in wheat.
The boots fit very well and are very comfortable straight out of the box. They fit true to size.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Paul, thanks for your review. We strive to make our boots as comfortable and as durable as possible, and we appreciate your positive feedback! Thanks, Phillip

Wayne K.

Wayne K.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love these boots. But....

These mongrel boots are so comfortable. I Wear them every day for work and when I go camping. I suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and found these to relieve the symptoms so for that I give them a 10 out of 10 for comfort and support. But unfortunately I have had these for Just around 1 year and the stitching has come away from 1 of the boots. For the price you pay for these boots I would have thought I would get more than a year out of them before needing replacement. I have bought another pair just because of the comfort but if these fail within the year I will be trying another brand as even my blundstones lasted many years and only replaced them because of my foot condition. So for this I have given 3 stars.

Store LocationBolton’s workwear direct
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Wayne, thanks for leaving a review of your boots. Please contact me at phillip@mongrelboots.com.au so i can help address the issue you're having with the stitching on your boots. Thanks, Phillip.

Ando

AndoFar North Queensland, QLD

Terrific boots

Great boots. I’ve got soft toe elastic sides. I wanted boots that would keep my feet dry in wet conditions. They do that and are so comfortable they have also become my hiking boots. lovetheMongrels!

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Ando, thanks for your review. We aim to make our boots as comfortable and as durable as possible. We appreciate your positive feedback, and i'm sure your Mongrels will continue to take good care of your feet long into the future. Cheers, Phillip

Jake

JakeMurray Region, NSW

Not for concrete floors

Yea I must say that the mongrel side zip high lace are comfy at the start but boy do they go down from there. I found that after 3 months of shift work 6 days a week that the inner soles work and didn’t support the ankle and foot well. This led to ankle issues and I had to throw them away.

Sizing Slightly large
Store LocationSafepak albury

boot sole failure

SP Trade Series Elastic Sided Suede Work Boot

Lightweight and comfortable sure. Worthless short warranty - might as well be a 20 minute warranty.
Ive been feed this line before about hydrolisis due to age & extended storage time. Maybe your advice should be Never Take Them Off because they are not long lasting. Work boots should wear out while working, not fall apart on the shelf from a mysterious "hydrolisis" disease. Crap boots are still crap however you dress it up. I've had Redbacks and Tboots and they never caught hydrolisis disease. Never buy Mongrel crap again. Redbacks are the best for the price

Store LocationTotally Workwear Toowoomba
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

The best work boots by far

I've worn Oliver, Blundstone, Steel Blue, Mack and a bunch of other brands in my time. I bought my first pair of Mongrels 3 years ago and couldn't wear anything else now. When they finally wore out, I knew exactly what to buy: another pair! The new boots are lighter, more comfortable and seem just a tough as the first pair. And: made in Australia!
Now I've got my eyes on a shiny pair of Mongrel elastic sided dress boots.

Store LocationThe Boot Warehouse - eBay store

The Most Comfortable Boots I've Owned

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Anthony, thanks for your positive review! We strive to make our boots and comfortable and as durable as possible, and we're please to hear we've achieved that and made such a positive impact on your day-to-day life. Thanks, Phillip.

Ian

IanSydney, NSW

Stitching failure

I like the boots am on my third pair but this is my third pair of lace ups that have failed via the stitching on the inside of the boot. Can't wear them on-site any more. It must be a common problem??

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Ian, thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the stitching on your boots. Please email me at phillip@mongrelboots.com.au should you wish to follow this up. Thanks, Phillip.

Sapper

Sapper

Welded to my Mongrels

I’m on my third pair of Mongrels. I am currently wearing the Black High Ankle ZipSider Boot, code: 561020. I live on a mountainous property in Tasmania, within the snow line. On my property the boots do tractor work, logging, saw mill, construction and clod kicking. They traipse through ice, snow, water and the occasional dry spell. They are worn mountain hopping, fishing etc, and I have been known to throw some nugget on them to wear out on semi special occasions. Whenever I step out the door, mine are welded to my feet. They are warm, comfortable and will hold up to the worst conditions. They are a great example of Aussie craftsmanship and certainly worth a try.

Travis.b

Travis.bGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

100% comfiest boot out there!

These are easily the comfiest boots I've owned. I've owned a pair previously then tried to find a pair a bit cheaper. Never doing that again. I've tried on many different brands but these are by far the best and worth the extra $$

Sizing Slightly large

Dave pennellSouth East Queensland, QLD

The only work boots that dont hurt my feet.unreal boots.

Very satisfied.best boots ever.all other boots hurt my feet.comfortable and long lasting.tried oliver boots but they hurt the soles of my feet that i could hardly walk after the first day.just bought a new pair of mongrels.

Product Appearance As advertised
Store LocationTotally workwear.booval qld.
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Dave, thanks for your review. We always aim to make Mongrels as comfortable and as durable as possible. Thank you for your positive feedback, i'm sure your boots will continue to take good care of your feet long into the future. Cheers, Phillip.