Listing monitored by Mongrel Boots

blisters

after 15 years of wearing Mongrel boots these will be my last pair. I kept buying them for comfort, hiking and work. Zip sides gave me blisters. Non safety gave me blisters. I still have an old pair of non safety for hiking. No problems. The new ones are still solid boots, I just can't wear them for long.

Jason
Jason
ID T.
ID T.The Mallee, VIC

Comfortable boots and great warranty service!

I purchased my Mongrel boots 4 months ago and can vouch for there comfort straight out of the box. Best boots I have owned for my type of work. Recently one of the eyelets came loose and Mongrel backed up their Warranty in full. I would reccomend to anyone in the market for new set of work boots/

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi ID, thanks for leaving a review of our boots and service. I'm glad you find the boots so comfortable, and i'm happy we were able to sort out the warranty replacement for you quick and efficiently. Cheers, Phillip.

Russell Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst boots ever! the boots faded completely different colours after a few months. I'll never purchase Mongrel Boots

It was easy enough to get hold of Customer service, but for them to retun calls is woeful at best

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Russell, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your boots and our customer service. Feel free to contact me via phillip@mongrelboots.com.au so i can look into this for you. Cheers, Phillip.

Lulu
LuluMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best work boots I've ever worn.

I have worn Mongrel work boots for the last 10 years and love them. I have been wearing work boots daily for about 40 years and Mongrels are definitely the most comfortable I have ever worn. Recently I inadvertently bought a new pair online (not from Mongrels) which turned out to be 10 years old and the sole disintegrated. Mongrels resoled them to good as new for $40. Great boots, good service and friendly helpful staff.

BSsrfhtnfsh M.
BSsrfhtnfsh M.South East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but short lived

I'm a tradie who wears these boots 5-6 days a week there very comfortable but are short lived for the price. Each set splits on the outer ankle every time within a Year, I have had 5 set's over the last 5
to 6 years.
Latest set I purchased, the newest style steel cap safety boot split it's stiching in the same spot within 2 months queried purchase store about warranty and sent photos and was told to return product before further action could be taken, Their my compulsory safety boots carnt just send them back without purchasing another set.

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable work boots

Well made, good sizing and comfortable. Plenty of room for a thick sock without them feeling baggy. They feel supportive in the ankle area. I bought the high leg size zip style for motorcycle riding and will probably buy another pair but without the steel cap.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Good stuff Steve, thanks again for your support mate.

Vince P.
Vince P.South East Queensland, QLD

Best Aussie Boots Bought

These are my second pair of Mongrels. I wear these boots all day and most of the evening.
I'm unable to walk without them due to a fused ankle from a motorcycle crash,
I also are able to wear my orthotic insole
They are very comfortable and give great support considering I wear these boots for a minimum of 14 hours every day.
You cannot put a price on the comfort of these work boots.
Well done guys,
Keep up the good work Australia.

Store LocationQueensland
Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Vince, thanks for leaving a review of your Mongrels. We aim to make our boots as comfortable and durable as possible, and i'm glad to hear they've lived up to your expectations. We appreciate your support of our Aussie made boots! Thanks, Phillip.

Tom G.
Tom G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best boots straight out of the box

Best boots I’ve had straight out of the box no need to wear in; no sore feet. The comfort is unreal and they are Australian made. Keep it up don’t change anything

Ian D.
Ian D.Launceston, TAS

Best work footwear I have ever worn

I recently purchased a pair of Mongrel zip sided work boots and they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I had been having a few back issues for about three months and within a few days of wearing the new boots I noticed significant improvement. I have been so impressed by the boots I went back last week and bought a pair of their Derby shoes for casual wear. They are every bit as comfortable as the work boots, so I am a very happy customer.

Shaun H.
Shaun H.Sydney, NSW

Water proof

I purchased a pair of 3/4 length zip side boots absolutely love them comfortable as, but I have an issue with waterproofing, I’ve sprayed them with scotch guard several coats as I do to all my new boots but to my dismay in any wet conditions I found them to be honestly rubbish just in wet grass.
I then waterproofed them with a wax coating witch made them look like crap helped a little with water and wet conditions then next adventure wet grass light rain boots are rubbish wet socks water slushing in my boots terrible experience.

Conclusion is boots are comfy for dry conditions only any moisture or water around the boots are rubbish this may persuade me to look at another brand of boots in the future unfortunately 4 out o 10 for me.

Thirsty GeckoFar North Queensland, QLD

Mongrel Zipsiders NOT Up To Scratch

AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mongral boots are dangerous. If you want to hurt or kill your partner this is the way to go. Buy them these boots.

Brought my partner a Christmas gift. A pair of mongral boots. As is working out. It could be his last Christmas. These boots are dangerous. He has fallen twice. Once on wet grass. Once on metal grids. The soles are slippery, no grip. Took them back to safety shop. No luck there. Was told rubber hard to get now. Oh she was going to tell rep , if and when he came back. Tough. Contacted company twice. No response. Took them to boot repair man who, couldn't do anything to soles to help. Nothing could be done.

Anne

I have kept a close eye on my emails. Keen to talk. Sent second e mail. I have not received anything from you. My second email, I let you know I was going public.

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Anne, i replied to your email on January 21. Have you check your spam folder? Thanks, Phillip

Surfpuppies
SurfpuppiesMid North Coast, NSW

Safety Hazard Rubbish Sole

I would caution anyone AGAINST buying these boots. I have a pair of safety steel caps and the sole is rubbish! Great if you want to slip and slide on any bit of wet or even damp ground but if you work in any job site that involves even a small puddle on the ground, you might want to look elsewhere. Had a bad fall on tiled roof wearing these stupid things. Should’ve worn one with Vibram soles - even my hiking boots have better grip!

Jake
JakeTasmania

Very disappointed

Sizing True to size

Terribly uncomfortable boots

Read more reviews - page 2

Jill N D.
Jill N D.asked

Hi I’ve recently purchase another pair of boots and I’m having trouble with a zipper in them is there any quick fix to repair it it gets stuck halfway down

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Jill, thanks for getting in touch. Our boots are covered by our 6 month manufacturers warranty. Can you please email me at phillip@mongrelboots.com.au so i can assist you with this issue? Thanks, Phil.

Parker.O
Parker.Oasked

I have a size 11 sneaker and was wondering what boot size to was planning to get the sp side zip boots what size should I get?

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Parker, thanks for getting in touch. If your sneakers are size US11, that equates to a size 10 in Mongrel. Cheers, Phil.

Dg9879asked

Are these boots suitable for orthotics? I was told by the podiatrist that with cheaper shoes the inner structure degrades quickly which reduces the usefulness of orthotics but these boots are not all that cheap.

Russell

No, they're too hard on the feet, so they wouldn't be the best

Phillip C.Mongrel Boots

Hi Dg, thanks for your question. Yes, it’s quite common for people to use orthotics inside our boots. You’ll just have to remove the footbed from the boot prior to placing the orthotic inside. It’s also quite common for podiatrists to recommend Mongrels to their customers due to the soft and supportive nature of the TPU/PU soles we use, they’re not hard at all. Cheers, Phil.

Get an answer from our members and Mongrel Boots representatives