Mongrel Boots

Love these boots. But....

These mongrel boots are so comfortable. I Wear them every day for work and when I go camping. I suffer from Plantar Fasciitis and found these to relieve the symptoms so for that I give them a 10 out of 10 for comfort and support. But unfortunately I have had these for Just around 1 year and the stitching has come away from 1 of the boots. For the price you pay for these boots I would have thought I would get more than a year out of them before needing replacement. I have bought another pair just because of the comfort but if these fail within the year I will be trying another brand as even my blundstones lasted many years and only replaced them because of my foot condition. So for this I have given 3 stars.

Store LocationBolton’s workwear direct

Terrific boots

Great boots. I’ve got soft toe elastic sides. I wanted boots that would keep my feet dry in wet conditions. They do that and are so comfortable they have also become my hiking boots. lovetheMongrels!

Not for concrete floors

Yea I must say that the mongrel side zip high lace are comfy at the start but boy do they go down from there. I found that after 3 months of shift work 6 days a week that the inner soles work and didn’t support the ankle and foot well. This led to ankle issues and I had to throw them away.

Sizing Slightly large
Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationSafepak albury

boot sole failure

SP Trade Series Elastic Sided Suede Work Boot

Lightweight and comfortable sure. Worthless short warranty - might as well be a 20 minute warranty.
Ive been feed this line before about hydrolisis due to age & extended storage time. Maybe your advice should be Never Take Them Off because they are not long lasting. Work boots should wear out while working, not fall apart on the shelf from a mysterious "hydrolisis" disease. Crap boots are still crap however you dress it up. I've had Redbacks and Tboots and they never caught hydrolisis disease. Never buy Mongrel crap again. Redbacks are the best for the price

Store LocationTotally Workwear Toowoomba
Hi Lloyd McAuley, i'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your boots. Unfortunately the soles of your boots have been effected by hydrolysis as they were manufactured 11 years ago. We wait to hear back from you regarding our offer to resole the boots for you free of charge. Thanks, Phillip.

The best work boots by far

I've worn Oliver, Blundstone, Steel Blue, Mack and a bunch of other brands in my time. I bought my first pair of Mongrels 3 years ago and couldn't wear anything else now. When they finally wore out, I knew exactly what to buy: another pair! The new boots are lighter, more comfortable and seem just a tough as the first pair. And: made in Australia!
Now I've got my eyes on a shiny pair of Mongrel elastic sided dress boots.

Store LocationThe Boot Warehouse - eBay store
Hi John, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your Mongrels! We appreciate your positive comments, and i will be sure to pass them onto our team. Thanks for sharing that great photo too, we're glad you love your new 451050's. Thanks, Phillip.

The Most Comfortable Boots I've Owned

I have tried several different options from running shoes to hiking boots but stopped looking once I got my boots. My first pair were the non-safety option that became my daily shoes. I then also got a zippered work boot that I wear on the weekends. I can stand and walk all day and I get none of the leg, feet or back pain I used to get. I suffered from lower back pain for so long but it was reduced to an occasional ache after a very busy day once I started wearing the boots. I can't sing their praises enough. Admittedly, they are not a high fashion accessory, but if you want something that is going to keep you happy and comfy, try on some and I bet you'll see what I mean. Hiking boots are stiff and inflexible (which I think is ironic) but the sole on the Mongrel boots bends and allows me to get down under all sorts of things without making my feet go to sleep like my old Merryl boots did.

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Anthony, thanks for your positive review! We strive to make our boots and comfortable and as durable as possible, and we're please to hear we've achieved that and made such a positive impact on your day-to-day life. Thanks, Phillip.

Stitching failure

I like the boots am on my third pair but this is my third pair of lace ups that have failed via the stitching on the inside of the boot. Can't wear them on-site any more. It must be a common problem??

Sizing True to size
Hi Ian, thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the stitching on your boots. Please email me at phillip@mongrelboots.com.au should you wish to follow this up. Thanks, Phillip.

Welded to my Mongrels

I’m on my third pair of Mongrels. I am currently wearing the Black High Ankle ZipSider Boot, code: 561020. I live on a mountainous property in Tasmania, within the snow line. On my property the boots do tractor work, logging, saw mill, construction and clod kicking. They traipse through ice, snow, water and the occasional dry spell. They are worn mountain hopping, fishing etc, and I have been known to throw some nugget on them to wear out on semi special occasions. Whenever I step out the door, mine are welded to my feet. They are warm, comfortable and will hold up to the worst conditions. They are a great example of Aussie craftsmanship and certainly worth a try.

Sizing True to size
Hi Sapper, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your Mongrels! We strive to make our boots as durable and as comfortable as possible, and we're extremely pleased to hear that they've stood up to everything you've put them through. Thanks, Phillip.

100% comfiest boot out there!

These are easily the comfiest boots I've owned. I've owned a pair previously then tried to find a pair a bit cheaper. Never doing that again. I've tried on many different brands but these are by far the best and worth the extra $$

Sizing Slightly large
Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Travis, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your Mongrels! We put a lot of effort into making our boots the most comfortable on the market, and we're pleased to hear that you find yours so comfy. Thanks for your support. Cheers, Phillip.

The only work boots that dont hurt my feet.unreal boots.

Very satisfied.best boots ever.all other boots hurt my feet.comfortable and long lasting.tried oliver boots but they hurt the soles of my feet that i could hardly walk after the first day.just bought a new pair of mongrels.

Product Appearance As advertised
Store LocationTotally workwear.booval qld.
Hi Dave, thanks for your review. We always aim to make Mongrels as comfortable and as durable as possible. Thank you for your positive feedback, i'm sure your boots will continue to take good care of your feet long into the future. Cheers, Phillip.

Life changing boots

Many years of wearing sneakers because of foot problems ended 10 years ago when I discovered Mongrel boots.Given a pair by a mate I decided to tentatively try them on, they were like standing on a cloud!!
At last I could wear a pair of work boots around the farm, I've worn out 3 pair and I am happily on my 4th.
Brilliant product at a very reasonable price

Store LocationDubbo Shearing Supplies
Hi Chris, thanks for your review. We strive to make our boots as comfortable as possible, and we're very pleased to hear that your Mongrels have made such a positive impact on your feet. Thanks for your support! Cheers, Phillip.

Thanks for making a product that does what it says, a boot that is built for work.

I am in my 7th year of Mongrel boot ownership and still have trouble letting go of my old pairs as the photo shows, I just find new uses for them.
I first bought your boots because they were made in Australia, which is still a major consideration however the other reason is that they have consistently been reliable, i am not gentle with my boots, and they are extremely comfortable throughout their working life and beyond.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Hi Ash, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your Mongrels! We strive to make our boots as durable and as comfortable as possible, and we're extremely pleased to hear that they've stood up to everything you've put them through. Cheers for sharing a photo of your collection too! Thanks for your support. Cheers, Phillip.

Comfortable but tight

I just got a pair of mongrels the salesman told me they were a wide fit as I have wide feet, I got the 9 and then swapped it for a 9 1/2 because it is tight on the width of my left foot right foot is ok, but it is still tight on the width on the left , the length is fine, frustrating
Matthew

Sizing Slightly small
Hi Matthew, thanks for your review, and i'm sorry to hear that you have an issue with your boots. Please get in touch with me via phillip@mongrelboots.com.au so i help resolve the problem you're experiencing. Thanks, Phillip.

i love Mongrel.

very comfortable and long lasting boot. will last for two to three years minimum. only problem is from inside toe top innner linen worn out and steel cap is exposed. please use durable inner linen for more toe protrction. i still love Mongrel.

Sizing True to size
Hi Mehdi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your boots. We're glad to hear you love your Mongrels! Thanks for bringing that to our attention, i will be sure to pass your comments onto our R&D department. Thanks again, Phillip.

Elastic sided :Great except insoles

I'm using the mongrel elastic sided slip on safety boots from many years each more than 50hrs per week. Using it for indoor use in factory. Great boots except insoles. Not at all comfy. Feel like you are standing on rock. Shoes are lasting long. Never broken. But poor quality insoles which are not comfy and started giving foot and knee pain. Even though I use wheat colour the air flow is minimum. Started using third party insoles to get the comfort I need.

Sizing True to size
Hi Anu, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your Mongrels. I'm sorry to hear that the insoles caused you some discomfort, as this is quite unusual for our boots. Please contact me via phillip@mongrelboots.com.au and i will arrange to send you out a pair of our OrthoTec PU footbeds that will provide you with extra comfort. Thanks, Phillip.

Decent price and still going after a year!

Quality of the boots is excellent, I've been wearing work boots for the last 20 years, at this point they are the most comfy and long lasting I've found. I will definately be buying more when these one eventually die.

Hi Scott, thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your Mongrels. We focus on making our boots very comfortable and durable, and are pleased to hear we've achieved that with you. Thanks, Phillip.

My boots aren't mongrels - they're great.

Hi, I have been wearing work / safety boots for decades and I recently bought a pair of N-series with the side zip. I have recently retired and I don't need the safety toe cap so these are non-safety work boots. These are the first pair of mongrels I have owned and they are by far the most comfortable pair of boots to date. Love that they are made in Australia, but you should really do something about the name ;-) These weren't in stock in my local store and delivery took over 3 weeks. So take off half a star for that.

Hi Bobby, thanks for leaving a review of your ZipSiders. We strive to make our boots as comfortable as possible, and we're pleased that they have exceeded your expectations. I'm sorry to hear that the delivery of your boots took that long! We are always looking to constantly improve in all areas, so i will pass your comments onto the team. Thanks, Phillip.

No more tight hamstrings

Just wanted to say WOW i have just bought my 1st pair of Mongrel boots comfort and arch support lightweight

Hi Coopes, thanks for leaving us a review of your Mongrels. We strive to make comfortable boots that are full of arch support, and we're glad to hear that you're very pleased with them! Thanks, Phillip.

Great Aussie product

I just purchased my 3rd pair of Mongrel zip side boots. They are super comfortable and reasonably priced for a quality product. My last pair survived 2 years of everyday abuse in a workshop environment as well as weekend work.

Hi Pete, thanks a lot your positive feedback! We strive to make our boots as comfortable and durable as possible, and we appreciate your support. Cheers, Phillip.

Very comfortable and super tough boots.

Just all round fantastic boots. The quality of these boots is second to none. I wear them everyday and they are tough and durable. One thing that stands out though is just how comfortable they are for a work boot. I wear them when im not even at work. Aussie made too. Get a pair, you won't regret it.

Hi Adrian, thanks for your feedback! We're really glad to hear you find your Mongrels comfortable and long lasting, as these are our main points of focus and what we strive to deliver to our customers. Thanks again! Cheers, Phillip.