Move

Move

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Avoid time wasting, approvals are worthless

Was given conditional approval on my car loan for over 70k.
Went ahead with a contract on a vehicle for only $38K

Then they decided to advise, the loan does not meet lending criteria.

Oh hey put your wife on the application so we can destroy he credit score also!

Avoid these clowns, great rate on vehicle loan, just took them 4 days after conditional approval to decide I’m now not meeting lending criteria, great
Now I have to go make another application.

Give this mob a wide berth.

Review TypeLoan Application

Excellent, personalised customer service

Unlike the big banks, Move bank assigns you a dedicated customer service representative to handle your home loan application and setup. I'd recommend Move Bank without hesitation: excellent customer service, efficient and responsive, offering competitive home loan rates and personalised support. It's an absolute pleasure dealing with the staff at Move Bank.

Review TypeLoan Application

Excellent Accounts

I have moved all of my CBA bank accounts to MOVE due to their excellent products. Easy to set up, no tricky interest rate rules and easy to avoid fees. Helpful advice over the phone and prompt response to requests over the phone.

Review TypeNew Account

Best Bank (Credit Union) Real People.

I joined this bank in 1980 when it was the Railway Institute Credit Union and it was one of the best decisions I have made. They have a good web site but if their is something you don't understand a quick phone call has always been helpful. The best thing about them was my trips into central station and talking to one of the ladies about the different accounts I should have or not have, and how to use Debit Cards, I have never had to have a credit card thanks to the advice from the loan dept. It is well worth a look at the website or a visit.

Don't bother

In November 2016 I tried to open a high interest account for both my children. I rang up, got forms emailed to me, and lodged them in person, with my children, with proof of identity for them and myself.
I was told I would be contacted when the account was open. A week later I rang, and was told someone would get back to me. A few days after that, someone rang, just to see how my experience was with them - I told them the accounts still hadn't been opened - he told me he would investigate and get back to me. In January 2017, I contacted them again, again told they would get back to me. I tried a few more times over the next few months.

In May 2017, I wrote a formal letter (not an email) to their head office, describing my attempt to open an account with them. The next day I received a phone call from them, letting me know that they had received the letter, and that a manager would call the next day. It's now mid June 2017 - still no follow up phone calls, letters or opened accounts.

In my letter I asked for our identification forms to be returned, as they obviously can't be trusted with such information - if they can't manage to open accounts and can't manage to contact prospective customers.

I would suggest anyone steer clear of this organisation - I wouldn't trust my money with people with such low levels of professionalism and competence.