MOVE Bank

See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by MOVE Bank

2.7
Ac D.Sydney, NSW

Ppl give lesser documentation for home loans you clowns. I just need a simple car loan !!

Not great

I'm a new customer, not the best start. Received a call to verify identity, they asked for my TFN, Medicare number, Drivers Licence number, address AND passport number, only to say that the system could not verify me and they would need to call me back another time.

Understand the need for AML but normally its just a drivers licence. As others have said, seem to be very over the top with questions and how much ID and personal info needs to be provided, only for their verification not to work.

Don't waste your time

I was a customer for 15yrs, I had 2 car loans one 7yr loan paid off in 3yrs & a 5yr loan paid off in 12 months.
I have inquired about getting a new loan but Move say no and other banks say yes. They don't like it when they are not making money off you and won't give you other loans if you pay off loans to fast.
I have since taken my business to another better bank. After Move left QR its gone down hill in service and loans.

Punk
PunkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible and rude

Took forever (2 months) to process home loan.
Rude customer service when I rang to ask about the delay.
In the end I cancelled and went with another bank and had to buy a different house.

Find out how MOVE Bank compares to other Banks

Great experience and communication!

John N.
John N.Hunter Region, NSW

Very prying Bank...wants to know all details of your life, constant annoying contact

Joined by opening a simple bank account, despite passing all ID checks online, refused to open account, said I had to "contact them" by forcing me to speak to a staff member from their Office. Finally spoke to somene, verified by ID AGAIN but this time with a LOT more ID required then online. ID Fraud bonanza! Finally and successfully opened account. Then they keep pestering me consistently with SMS to keep "Call us ASAP" for some stupid reason. Ugh, No! Just leave me alone, you idiots! Will be closing my account - I've had enough of this constant needing to know more about my private life. Worse than China.

MOVE BankMOVE BankSend a private message

still cant access my money

I have not gone to banking ombudsman yet. Still trying MOVE. I cannot access my account on line. They have blocked it. They refuse to unblock it unless I answer their 15 min survey with such questions as "What do you like about MOVE? How did you hear about MOVE? They literally wont let me access MY account!
I transferred $20000 to this account, and I cant even see if it got there. Don't use this bank.

customer
customer

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Som B.
Som B.Sydney, NSW

Transparency and efficiency runs high

Poor support

I have been chasing Move bank for a car loan for approx 2 weeks. I called them and email them multiple times and provided them with the relevant documents on time. They kept asking for more documents which one of their agents accepted that may not be needed. Despite giving all the docs, I had to then chase them frequently for status updates. I did at least 4-5 times before I finally got a curt email saying that "they can't assist on this occasion".
Its them which is getting the business and there should be some care shown to customers. They need to respect customer time and can't let them run around. They should have at least some courtesy to even call or provide a proper reasoning for rejecting.

Bec
BecPerth, WA

Poor assistance with loan application process and follow up calls

Graham O'Neill
Graham O'NeillSouth West, WA

First home buyer

I've been with move bank now for five years i joined when they where railway credit union I've always found them very reliable & great to deal with & extremely helpful they also have a great amount of products
I recently applied for & got a mortgage from them it was very easy from start to finish and the person i was dealing with Stephane Feuillye was absolutely brilliant through the whole process i don't think i would of recived the same help and personal touch from any of the big banks
I should point out I'm based in WA & move bank might as well of been next door to me it was that easy

Colt 45
Colt 45Cairns

Avoid time wasting, approvals are worthless

Was given conditional approval on my car loan for over 70k.
Went ahead with a contract on a vehicle for only $38K

Then they decided to advise, the loan does not meet lending criteria.

Oh hey put your wife on the application so we can destroy he credit score also!

Avoid these clowns, great rate on vehicle loan, just took them 4 days after conditional approval to decide I’m now not meeting lending criteria, great
Now I have to go make another application.

Give this mob a wide berth.

Kay
KayVictoria

Excellent, personalised customer service

Unlike the big banks, Move bank assigns you a dedicated customer service representative to handle your home loan application and setup. I'd recommend Move Bank without hesitation: excellent customer service, efficient and responsive, offering competitive home loan rates and personalised support. It's an absolute pleasure dealing with the staff at Move Bank.

John Rogers
John RogersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Accounts

I have moved all of my CBA bank accounts to MOVE due to their excellent products. Easy to set up, no tricky interest rate rules and easy to avoid fees. Helpful advice over the phone and prompt response to requests over the phone.

TopicNew Account
Joe M
Joe MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Bank (Credit Union) Real People.

I joined this bank in 1980 when it was the Railway Institute Credit Union and it was one of the best decisions I have made. They have a good web site but if their is something you don't understand a quick phone call has always been helpful. The best thing about them was my trips into central station and talking to one of the ladies about the different accounts I should have or not have, and how to use Debit Cards, I have never had to have a credit card thanks to the advice from the loan dept. It is well worth a look at the website or a visit.