Online store and Physical store

See the Best Electronics & Computing Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

AliG

AliGMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent service

Have dealt with this store many times. Always very helpful. Frank has been especially helpful with a faulty product has gone above and beyond to help me with the issue. Highly recommend.

Steve-gee

Steve-geeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great parts supplier and went above and beyond in service

I needed a decent fan solution for my CPU, which had previously burnt out two other fans, including the OEM one. The guys suggested a Coolermaster unit at $48, not only did it drop my temps by 50C, when I had some issues with it being harder to install than expected - the store manager fitted it personally.

For the other reviews on here, remember guys - they cop lots of newbs and all their questions which puts any mere mortal to the test - in my opinion they passed this time - with FLYING colours - I will be back!

Store LocationHolden Hill
Product PurchasedCoolermaster CPU Fan
Andrew M.

Andrew M.Hobart, TAS

Rotten Crooks

Spent $1500 on a new system, the monitor purchased has a small crack in the screen, but they won't exchange - saying only that they would send away to LG to see if they accept the return, but doubted they would as I could have done the damage.
Brand new monitor and NO exchange for a damaged product. Shoddy, dishonest and rip off fools.

Store LocationGlenorchy
Product PurchasedMonitor
Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't expect good customer service just competively priced computer gear.

Store LocationPascoe Vale Vic

Pete D

Pete D

Well I miss the old staff that’s for sure!

I’ve been buying from here for some time and always found the former staff to be helpful. One of them has remained at the store and is still customer focused but the other gentlemen there just brushes me off every time and doesn’t recognize me at all even after 18 months. The sad thing was that the HDD I went to purchase was in stock and held for me, just went to collect it and it was sold, now that’s the third time this has occurred. Back to PC Case Gear for me, much better service!

Store LocationFyshwick

TMC

TMCKambah 2902, ACT

Take your money but cant complete the order

Purchased computer online Sunday night, payment is deducted from account monday. No confirmation email, no receipt (except from my bank) nothing. Call help line only to find no one answers any call. Contact them by email and get told that i didn't confirm purchase. No record of purchase on their end cant find my order. Asked to reorder but they cant do that either apparently so after 4 hours of back and forward emails finally get told they will refund my money so i can reorder again! Not likely. I shop on a regular basis at my local MSY (Fyshwick Canberra) and they are awesome but the online experience has left me completely disappointed. Unhelpful, hard to contact and just a bad experience all round. Beware.

Matthew G

Matthew GOutback, SA

GARBAGE

Ordered a PC, Tower, Keyboard and Mouse to the total of $2095 .... has been direct debited from my account. Have looked on their website and it says still in the shopping cart???
Tried ringing the Dandenong Store and he told me to ring the number at the bottom of the website, rang that didnt go through to anywhere just kept dialing out. Tried to ring the store again and they let it ring out ???
Whats going on MSY Technology??

NeilTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I don't recommend that you order anything online

Chris H.MSY Technology

Dear customer, we do apologise for the delayed reply. In response to your order, the order is not completed successfully and a refund was made back to you on 20th September, please double check your bank statement. Thank you.

Antonios K.

Antonios K.Sydney, NSW

The refuse to refund me

I purchased Online at their store, they rang me back and told me the comm bank system doesn't work we are so sorry, cancel the order and buy again from your local store and we will refund you back. I went to the store got my graphics card. I have been check my bank for the last 2 weeks no refund even though their email stated 2-3 Days. They refuse to answer emails and now they don't pick up the phone it just goes to message bank. I have now idea what to do get my $251 back.

Chris H.MSY Technology

Dear customer, can you please send the transaction detail to feedback@msy.com.au and we'll double check for you?

Kristina Sanchez

Kristina SanchezSydney

Avoid MSY like the plague

Don't be fooled by their slightly cheaper prices. I bought ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti from them because they offered a slighter cheaper prices than competing stores but then it stopped working 6 months in. After a month of back and forth messaging they completely refused to replace it. Only when I literally told them I was going to file a lawsuit against them then they would listen and replace my graphics card, like REALLY? I doubt this is the first time they have done this. They even 200k lawsuit against them from the ACCC and lost because of false warranty claims.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

just don't

incorrect description on website,
wasted 2 grand, was not offered a refund or store credit. Just pathetic service, laughed at me online.
Never again, the stores don't even answer the phone.

Ishu

IshuNgunnawal 2913, ACT

No meaningful support for online purchases

Product PurchasedIntel NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK

TheVannarch

TheVannarchPerth, WA

Avoid online service like the plague

I was recommended MSY by a friend. Ordered a PC they've custom built and waited 3 days for confirmation of order; had to contact them in order to find out that my order did not go through even though the money was received. Was told by a robotic staff member to contact a specific email to get a refund. As it turns out, the refund was already being processed. Incompetence much? Avoid.

Average

Ordered a $1050 desktop on sunday. Took 5 days to assemble and shipped on friday night. Arrived on monday morning with HDD and SSD cables not connected to motherboard. Product working well so far

rap attack

rap attackSydney, NSW

SD memory cards

I purchased 2 memory cards and i am used to the way they run at this store. I have purchased many items over the years and its rare i have to take anything back to them. Its not a store to browse things physically. You do that online and then walk in. I prefer to do that anyway

Store Locationultimo
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product Purchasedkingston micro sdhc memory cards

Big DuncGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely poor company and product, stay away from MSI computers

Product PurchasedMSI EX623
Chris H.MSY Technology

Dear customer, sorry for late reply. MSY Technology never carry MSI EX623 before, and we don't sell extended warranty for MSI notebook. May I know which store you purchased from?

Big Dunc

TECHS on Latrobe street Melbourne and it is an ALL IN ONE computer not a note book

Chris H.MSY Technology

Dear customer, MSY Technology Pty Ltd is not MSI Australia (similar to TECHS you shopped with, but we have 28 stores throughout Australia), we do carry some of MSI products but we are not associate in anyway with them.

Jonathan

JonathanSydney, NSW

Lee from Mt Pritchard was absolutely fantastic!!! 10/10

Great to see a store that shows respect when things go wrong. Good to see a change like this in at least 1 shop. Will not go to another MSY shop again. Lee was amazing 10/10 hopefully he will become the manager in future and influence the positive customer experience in MSY in NSW.

Store LocationMt Pritchard

williamcmillet

williamcmilletIllawarra, NSW

Good Service

Great service, I forgot the name of the product but they instantly found it for me. I came in, purchased and left. Quick and Concise, just as it should be. The Creative A250 Speakers blew me away for the price too. better than most high-end speakers with the deep bass and fluid sound, I highly recommend it.

Daniel

DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Service and Help

MSY helped me build a customised and gaming focused computer. Initially I had some difficulties with my order and the State Manager stepped in and not only fixed the issue but recommended improvements on my system, assisted with pricing and reviewed the service at the store! 10/10 in this day and age!!

Riley

RileyPerth, WA

Don't bother.

Went down to purchase a laptop from the online catalogue, asked to buy one and just got a blunt "no, none in stock" since then i have called up about two other laptops which they have advertised and are also out of stock.. pretty disappointing.

Rude staff and no stock

Buckethead

Bucketheadasked

NSW, Hurstville

Wonder if their contact numbers still working in NSW stores. None pickup the phone and connect to voice message.

Chris H.MSY Technology

Dear customer, please call (02) 8065 1963 or email shurstville@msy.com.au to reach MSY Hurstville store.

Austin R

Austin Rasked

Has anyone bought online? Gonna build 3 pc's for $3000 and I don't want anything to be faulty and I won't be able to get an exchange.

Lex
Lex

Have just placed an order. Will let you know if not satisfied.

Luke
Luke

I have purchased many products routers/ power supplies/ Mobo's , unfortunate I often have to return products in the first 2-7 days of operation due to manufacture faults, most of my purchases are in the MID range pricing (no discount bin), every 10 unit purchases from Ultimo shop NSW i return minimum 30%, i learnt quick/fast to KEEP ALL MANUFACTURE WARRANTY CARDS , my travels back to Ultimo shop is wearing thin & i wonder if MSY buy in bulk shady deals >?

john
john

i live up wollongong bought a mother board when i visit melbourne got home put it together it starts up for 4 seconds than turns of than on again until i to power off at power point i get no bois nothing comes up faulty board rang them up for 2 days trying to get contact with them what a pain finally got there than they stay ive to to bring mother board to them to test it i asked if i could mail it too them the reply was no than he said ill ask my boss well iam still waiting waste of $155.00 ps what i have to travel 850 klms to melbourne well say is poor service woldnt buy from this company my next step is consumer affairs
ps i had my say john from wollongong

aschoneveld

aschoneveldasked

OK as of 2014 (July forward), what are the summarizing reviews (Elizabeth store is most important) I need to know what the products quality is and wether I should shop there. please? very confusing reviews!!!

Jason
Jason

This was MSY at Auburn

Crunty
Crunty

MSY is good so long as you've checked the website for stock availability, and know exactly what you want. They aren't the place to go if you want to browse. In my experience (Ultimo shop) the products I've purchased have been fine so I've not had to return anything - which seems to be an issue for most people leaving negative reviews. I go there whenever I need new components, after researching exactly what I need.

Drake
Drake

Claiming warranty is a nightmare!... Customer service is not commendable either... It's been almost 2 months and still no word from them of the replacement of my warranty claim!.. dont even try calling their number because it took ages before I got any real person answering their phone... that one time that someone responded, she told me she will get someone get back to me that day for the status of the warranty claim and guess what... no one called. Tried calling again and no luck getting someone to answer the phone... so I went to their shop at Auburn and was told they have to wait for the replacement from the vendor... I asked for a refund instead and they say they cant refund because they have to wait for the responses of the vendor first... I've got no other option but to give them another week, then start reporting it to Fair Trading.

Get an answer from our members and MSY Technology representatives

MSY Technology WA, Balcatta

MSY Technology WA, Cannington

MSY Technology WA, Cannington

3.3
CategoryOnline Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing ShopsPhysical Shops and Electronics & Computing Shops