MSY Technology

2.3

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (10) · No (44)
krusty

krustySydney, NSW

Good prices let down by incompetancy.

We have been regular customers of MSY for decades, pretty much from when they first started. Sadly the customer service hasn't changed much in that time.
Clearly they are only just surviving having recently closed all except two stores in Sydney. One was just 3km. from us, now it's around 19kms.
Their site, considering they sell computer products is still a nightmare. They also don't advise when ordered items are ready for pickup.
Good prices, now friendly staff (they weren't previously) but badly let down by sloppy, uncaring service. Of interest is that many computer equipment shops are now closing in 2020.

Store LocationUltimo
ian.tucker.9847

ian.tucker.9847AU

MSY computers - excellent

I have bought from MSY for many years and have found them to be pleasant, provide excellent service and usually very good pricing. MSY is my first 'port of call'. Good range of products.

What consumer rights? What customer service

Would love to give no stars

For a company that has a lot of customers they have little to no customer service. Graphics card just stopped after 18 months. Taken back, checked in store, not working, sent away, yep not working. Yet I can’t get a refund yet I am entitled to one. No one picks up the phone, no one to email, and if you try and reply to their email it doesn’t let you.
Stay clear of this company

Find out how MSY Technology compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Can I give them less than a 1?

Bought online - item showed "in stock" - after 4 days - past the time they said it would be ready... no luck. No-one answers the phones, can't get through on webchat. I was on hold on the office number for 35 mins before I gave up. Only way to get action was to threaten paypal dispute. So they've cancelled my order but no refund as yet. Funny they took my money quick enough.

Product PurchasedM.SPEC Lite Gaming System

Great service and very helpful!

Friendly staff that helped me find the right parts. Quick, efficient, and easy. I’m not particularly proficient with computers, all I had to do was ask what I wanted and the staff were able to recommend everything I needed.

Store LocationFyshwick, ACT
Tumm

TummSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great in Store staff appalling management and definitely not the cheapest as they advertise.

Great store with friendly knowledge staff but whoever sends them stock is a joke. Never have parts their motherboard shelves are often empty while they have 50+ CPU's in stock or they refuse to stock intel unlocked K series CPU's but will only stock unlocked Z series motherboards that are made to suit the CPU's they refuse to stock. - To whom ever orders stock for this place: What is the point of having 50 CPU's on shelf when you have no cases, motherboards or ram compatible with them? Get your act together your staff are trying hard to sell parts and PC's.

Store LocationMSY Brendale, QLD.
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Cheap stock, poor customer service.

MSY have the cheapest stock you will find Australia wide but their customer service is absolutely pathetic, if you're after something in particular you better know what you're talking about otherwise they won't be interested in talking to you, simple as that.

Store LocationAdelaide cbd

Chris RobinsonHobart, TAS

MSY rules!

My favourite computer shop! Always friendly, polite service and competitive prices in a convenient location. Thirty words? It's simply good service, good prices and a good range of products.
Thank you MSY!

Store LocationGlenorchy, Tasmania
Rich

RichGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What Customer Service?

I have bought in person from the Dandenong and Cheltenham stores before and highly rate the customer service in the Cheltenham store but Dandenong is about as useful as a cast iron hang glider. After several calls (they ever answer) and many online chat messages, emails and of course voicemails they just never get back to you. Needed some more ram for my iMac and MSY was my first choice, now it's my last.

Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stock issues

Tired of ordering, seeing it is in stock at the store online then driving 15 min to find they don't have it. No use calling as they never bother to answer the phone. the last straw after this happening for the 4th time in a row. Place needs to do a thorough stock take, this has been happening for years but much worse in the last 12 months.

Store LocationBrendale
Product PurchasedSeagate Backup Plus 4TB Portable Hard Drive
Alain C.

Alain C.Sydney, NSW

Astounding service

I have dealt with MSY (both ultimo and auburn stores) for over 15 years, yes the wait is long, but, to save money you cannot beat MSY, because of MSY i have been able to build custom computers for friends, family and clients at competitive rates and still turn a profit. People have to understand that MSY is a no nonsense business, their main clientele are people who now their stuff in regards to hardware. If you have no idea, then shop somewhere else and stop being a “karen”

Store LocationAuburn
Pier

PierGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unhelpful

I have just bought a $250 hard disk. On MSY web site didn't mention that the screws were not included. So I couldn't place the hard disk in my pc.
I tried to fix this issue with them but they have been very unhelpful.

Product PurchasedSeagate Constellation ES3 3tb

Appalling buyer beware

Worst company when it come to warranty,called my son and myself a liar to our face when they had given us parts that had been restocked from someone else.Worst customer service in the industry.john was extermly rude when we mentioned his crap service parter.Amazing that these guys haven't heard of consumer rights,but they will.

Store LocationHolden Hill
Justin N.

Justin N.Watson 2602, ACT

Store is uncontactable

I visited the Fyshwick store yesterday to enquire on the status of a pickup order, as they were impossible to call on the phone, claiming that their phone was broken.

Despite the website showing every item I ordered online as being in stock at the store, the customer service officer claimed that the website was broken and in fact none of the items I ordered were.

I was told I should have e-mailed first, which I did, but received no response. He then suggested that he would be in contact today, but close of business has now passed without a phone call or email.

Store LocationFyshwick
John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

MSY PascoeVale have you got the message yet?

I'll join the chorus of complaints. I bought an SanDisk SSD from which failed after a couple of weeks. They refused to exchange it insisting on 'assessing' the product by sending it to Sydney, after two weeks I wrote an email saying it was taking too long, but four weeks turned into six weeks plus (I'd nearly forgotten about it). I spoke to consumer affairs who gave me a form letter that I filled out and sent to MSY. Still no response. I ended up walking in but rather than blow my stack I waited patiently and was given my replacement drive without an argument. Sleazy behaviour though, it should have been replaced on the spot.

Store LocationPascoe Vale

Romeo C.

Romeo C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love msy Holden Hill

Great service to buy a cable. It was the right one and we'll priced. Make a well known stationary outlet prices look like a scam.
I would recommend. Thanks guys.

Store LocationHolden Hill

A week wasted

Placed an order for an item shown as in-stock. One week later, having seen the status as "still processing" online, I contacted them. The response received was that the item is out of stock and they will refund my order. This has wasted a week of my time in which I could have purchased (and likely received) the item from another retailer. How long were they going to wait before they contacted me to tell me it was out of stock? A fortnight, a month, never?
I replied would prefer to receive the item, or an equivalent, than have my order cancelled - no response.

Stole my money

Shipped half of the order, was advised they would refund the other half 3 weeks later no refund. Revived the order with an invoice stating refund was processed. Paid via PayPal and no refund. Go in store to purchase don't recommend ordering online.

T4Sc

T4ScSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service is terrible

The Varsity Lakes store was shut down (I don't like businesses having to shut down, but I think I can guess why), so I had to reach out to MSY online to report the faulty Logitech keyboard I bought from them.

I contacted them on the 29th March, 2020, using their "MSY Support Messenger," which isn't live - it simply logs a ticket in Zendesk (CRM).

Moments afterwards, I also sent an email to online@msy.com.au, explaining the issue and attaching the invoice.

Today is the 8th April, and I haven't yet received any reply from them. I just tried calling their QLD number, and their main number in VIC. Neither are answering.

Product PurchasedLogitech K830 Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard
Frank

FrankFar North Queensland, QLD

A company gone bad

A company gone bad, Have used the online service for a couple of years which has been an ok experience, but from September last year their service has turned to sh-t, Like everyone else have had bad experience with their customer service, no one answers the phones, the live chat is not live anymore and emails go unanswered for days to weeks. Have had wrong item sent the last 2 orders (in a row) still waiting on them to come back with a solution. This is what started happening years ago when they were investigated by “Fair Trades” and got massive fines, if they are not careful it may happen again.