MSY Technology NSW, Ultimo

MSY Technology NSW, Ultimo

2.8

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (1)
Phil S.

Phil S.Sydney, NSW

Great Help and Assistance

These guys have always been a great help with purchases and most recently with a new build. Problem with a keyboard was fixed instantly with product replacement. New build is great and meets all my requirements.

krusty

krustySydney, NSW

Good prices let down by incompetancy.

We have been regular customers of MSY for decades, pretty much from when they first started. Sadly the customer service hasn't changed much in that time.
Clearly they are only just surviving having recently closed all except two stores in Sydney. One was just 3km. from us, now it's around 19kms.
Their site, considering they sell computer products is still a nightmare. They also don't advise when ordered items are ready for pickup.
Good prices, now friendly staff (they weren't previously) but badly let down by sloppy, uncaring service. Of interest is that many computer equipment shops are now closing in 2020.

Store LocationUltimo
rap attack

rap attackSydney, NSW

SD memory cards

I purchased 2 memory cards and i am used to the way they run at this store. I have purchased many items over the years and its rare i have to take anything back to them. Its not a store to browse things physically. You do that online and then walk in. I prefer to do that anyway

Store Locationultimo
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product Purchasedkingston micro sdhc memory cards

Perfect Service

I went a bought a new mobo, CPU and some memory yesterday. I asked the guy to install the CPU for me, as I really don’t trust my skill. When I got home I put the mobo into my new case with power supply. But the machine would not turn on. I took my box to their store today and they try a few things out and turns out to be an issue with the mobo. They swapped it for me. He said I have to put it back together as they have a very busy morning. But I asked him, since I don’t trust my hands, I asked if he can put it back for me, happy to pay for it. But the store manager is so nice - he said he won’t charge this time - even thought there are a lot of customers waiting in the queue. Perfect service! Cannot ask for more. Highly recommended!

Selling used parts as brand new - AVOID -

My Sapphire R9 390 stopped working a couple of weeks ago and today I decided to try to put it apart to clean it and replace the thermal paste. To my dismay I just found out that one of the screws holding the card together was missing from the backplate meaning that not only that someone already tampered with it before I bought it as new but also they didn't even bother checking it when it was returned to them. Disgraceful, make sure that the goods you are buying are brand new. I will never buy again from them.

Ultimo customer service

The staff at ultimo does not respect customers, is reluctant to offer a decent customer experience. Better to order online and ship to home, or buy from another store. When asked about warranty, they throw their responsibility away once paid.

Gilco

GilcoSydney

It is a good money for value.

I always find them reliable. No much support so this store is for computer geeks who want cheap prices and dont care about a technical person holding their hands. They do help, and answer basic questions.

Blake

BlakeSydney, NSW

Product was out of stock and took a week to notify me that it would take another 4 weeks.

Title says it all why the crap would the website not say it was out of Stock and if there was a error why did it take a full week to notify me? Because of the wait I missed out on deals for the same graphics card from other suppliers, they only sent the email AFTER all the boxing day sales, pathetic customer service.

Bill

BillAshfield

Dreadful and aggressive staff

Cameronf

CameronfSydney

Either They Don't Know Computers or They Lie

Shop LocationNSW, Ultimo

Not without faults but still good stuff!

Long time customer. Many warranty claims with MSY - never any issue - one time i got a gaming VGA card on loan while RMA process completes (at Ultimo). Ive taken back Gigabyte motherboard 2.5 years old - no worries.
Get over it people - if u want a salesman buffing your ego go to Harvey Norman.
peace out :)

Daniel

Daniel

Great store if you know exactly what you need

Was unaware how negative the reviews for MSY were! Just too offset it, I'll simply state that my experiences at MSY (Ultimo but also venues in Brisbane and Melbourne) have been positive. Specifically, for the last few items I bought (just simple cables and HDD) I was able to rock into the shop, wait ~2min to be served, paid for the items and was out again. Parking in the area was easy so I was in an out in minutes. That's a massive improvement on similar stores such as even Umart where I might be waiting 30min to be served on a busy day.

That said, if you're not tech savvy, MSY is probably not for you..

Terrible customer service

I know they are one of the cheapest supplier in Australia. That's why I have bought many computers for my office. But always the frontdesk guy do something wrong. And when I go back and tell them they put wrong parts, they don't listen. They start blaming on me. It had happened many times not once, specially in Ultimo store.

It's close to my office, so I don't have choice to go somewhere else. These people are very rude and mannerless. They just want sell products in cheap price, they don't care about customer services, loyalty and honesty.

Jimbo D

Jimbo DSydney

Worst service ever! Would rather pay full retail price than shop here ever again

Matt

MattSydney, NSW

Great Prices, service can be excellent

TH

TH2031

Customer service, nope

For anyone that is clueless about PC building and plan to grab their parts from here for the first time, I DO NOT recommend you to step yourself onto this store at all, with exception:
1. You don't care about customer service
2. You're seeking for cheaper parts

MSY Ultimo is on my blacklist, MSY Kingsford was more helpful
Some of the staffs seems to be tech illiterate and might not be able to help you with products alternative.

The online catalog is rather messy and not user friendly.
They tend to change price on daily basis, especially on CPU prices (Most of time it would be +$ rather than -$)

THE WORST!

Worst customer service ever. I bought a razer deathadder mouse (chroma), which was defective and I brought it back straight after 2 hours of use trying to fix it. They said they will repair it and they told me to come back when I receive an email from them. I asked how long will it take and they said it will take a week or two. Now I'm writing this feedback because it's been 2 months and still nothing. I went back to their store 2 weeks ago and they said to just come back (with a really mean way of saying it like they want to pick a fight) when I get an email from them. They didn't even say sorry for the delay. I feel so bad that I don't want my mouse anymore just to avoid seeing their faces.

E.S.

E.S.

Good if you know what you're buying

You visit their store and see a queue, you will spend a fair amount of time waiting; they are slow at serving people or I'm just impatient. I reckon MSY is good if you go prepared with a list of stuffs to purchase. Had a general-purpose graphics card dead in few weeks and they were happy to replace it. Bought many network gears and had no issues. But price is better than most places I know of, so can't complain.
Price
Takes times to serve people, doesn't answer their phone well

Kate

KateSydney

MSY Ultimo are horrible!

Horrible customer service, long wait times, staff with attitude who serve their friends before whoever was next. They tell you to check stock levels before you turn up but they don't stocktake so their website will say they have it and after your long wait you'll be insulted while they say they don't have it. Use their prices elsewhere.
Inexpensive
Everything except price

Crunty

CruntySydney, NSW

Excellent!

I ordered a PC package via email and received a response on the same day. All my queries were answered promptly, and the equipment was ready in less than a week. I had heard bad things about customer service at the store, but I found the staff to be friendly and helpful when I went to pick up the equipment.
If I were to give any feedback (definitely nitpicking here) all emails were addressed to "Dear customer" which felt a little impersonal.
The pricing was also very competitive and works perfectly. I will definitely make MSY my destination for any hardware.
Efficient, inexpensive, good customer correspondence.