My Layby

My Layby

Don't deal with this company.

Argumentative staff, lazy staff ( they finish at 4pm on Fridays) and won't take the responsibility of not processing refunds properly. I sent numerous emails and called several times to no avail.

Lay-By for my Granddaughter

Due to my daughter and granddaughter going on a holiday to Surfers Paradise in few months time I wanted to put aside some items that would provide some fun for her and the friends she will be with. We put away a Sand Castle bucket, Mermaid beach set, Beach Volleyball Set and a Beach trolley. The prices were great and the assistant that helped set up the Lay-by was very helpful.

Bad form!!

I cant access the old mylayby website/team to see my orders!! I have received anything for a while now!! Very annoyed!! I have used my layby for years. Now its the worst! They used to be a easy affordable way to buy things and on a easy budget plan. Unfortunately the costs of things are ridiculous now. The website has changed for the worse. Poor form. Lost a customer!! Don't waste ya time!!

Paid off a $700 dollar greenhouse they can't get anymore

I won't use them again I have bought a lot of stuff from them they have lost my business they kept telling me my order is on its way know I have to wait for a refund

Mylayby has gone downhill fast

Bought some Panasonic tools and paid them off only to be advised today that the supplier does not make that model anymore. Not even offered a similar product! have been offered a refund but really this close to Christmas communication, Poor customer service, Increased prices, Still waiting for the gift cards if they come? Worst experience ever with them. My whole family are customers but not anymore, I think we'll just open a xmas club account. Especially after they jacked up the prices fees and service is poor. Did they sack the previous nice people that were there.

Changed in a bad way

Since the change this year its terrible. Price hike on products and can no longer get the gift cards I have been getting for years. The convenience of the coles myer group gift cards come Christmas time was great as you had more than one store option. Now these are no longer available. Don't think I will use again

Coles Myer $500

Not happy they don’t do the $500 coles Myer gift card! If I want to order $500 worth of cards instead of the $9.95 fee I would get $50 fee! Absolutely a joke not happening

Price Hike

I have laybyed 3x $500 gift cards (1 a year) and customer service was always amazing. Always received my orders on time... except my last one.
Went to layby another for next year but the price has gone up significantly

Mixed review

I have been using this business for years I’ve bought from beds to pool products I loved the gift cards and the staff used to be friendly but now they argue with you take their sweet time sending things out and put up prices now it takes 24hours to even activate cards next year I will be getting an imb Christmas club account because this year was not hassle free

Price increase unjustified

For the past two years, I have purchased 2 x $500 gift cards to pay off throughout the year for Christmas shopping. It has been a great experience and worked really well. There has always been a $9.95 fee per card for "postage and handling", which is fair enough, they need to make some money. I have just paid off this years cards and went to purchase two more for next year and noticed that the fee has now gone up to $60 per card! This will mean I am paying an additional $120 on my cards! It simply is not worth it and I will now be looking for an alternative or putting the money away in a bank account instead. I cannot fault the previous service - but I just thought the company needed to know the reason why people are no longer purchasing.

Terrible

I purchased $500 worth of Accor Gift Card, when received it came as 2 x $200 and 1 x $100 with different card numbers. I activated one of the $200 ones and gifted the other to my son, when gone to activate it was told by a cso that my gift cards expired. Apparently even though there are 3 different gift cards they belong to the 1 order and therefore all were activated then. I have lost $300 of my hard earned $ in a flash. I am so upset.

Price increase

I used my layby for years and was happy with everything! but this is unfortunately my last year due to the ridiculous price increases on gift cards!

Okay

I was a loyal customer with my these guys for years. I have bought heaps of lay-bys from them. Not happy and I can’t justify the price increase of the gift cards from $510 to $560.

Good quality products at reasonable prices and hassle free delivery.

Absolutely love my my layby great customer service and reasonably priced. I have brought my fridge, mattress, microwave, hair straightener, exercise bike and numerous other little things. Wouldn't have been able to afford such good quality products outright. No fuss with extra payments and swapping items as needed. Easy to return faulty products also.

Used numerous times

While I posted a negative review about the fridge I purchased - I also should comment about the numerous good experiences I've had. I've bought TV, fridge, washing machine, dryer, vacuum, etc and when I've needed something more quickly they have transferred money from other layby's onto the one I needed. Staff are helpful and so I would definitely use them again.

Gone downhill

I loved lay-bying the gift vouchers, have been a loyal customer for years, went to lay-by another gift card and it went from $10 to $60 For postage for a $500 voucher, unfortunately can not justify $60 on a p&h fee on a gift card, gonna go back using the old faithful money tin you cant open from now on. I rang up to ask why this has happened and just got a lady (who sounded quite cranky) with not a care stating "it was a management decision" Its a shame really!

No customer service!

I found an item I wanted to layby and sent them a few emails asking for further details and general enquiries as I have never been through them before. I waited for days and have never gotten a reply back. I am very hesitant to purchase through a company that ignores prospective customers and am now forced to look elsewhere for the same item/s.

Satisfied

From 2012 -now I purchased a 51inch tv, French door fridge, Home Threatre System, Ps4 bundle, my kids trampoline and now currently purchasing the VR Headset with camera & Twin sticks from my layby and so far Ive had No serious issues with them it does usually take 2week to arrive but at the end if the day I do get my items

Upped the fee for gift cards

They used to be good I loved layby gift cards for Xmas not anymore the have upped the fees to $60 from $10 for a $500 gift card and it's now $24 for $200 cards rediclous I refuse to do anymore orders .

Price Hike

I agree with other review regarding big price hike for vouchers,(Jetstar).will not use service again.Csn buu them on line or supermarket from now on.Also customer service,to lazy to look into why vouchers have not arrived.

Why can I not open the website? Is anybody else having this trouble?

I'm looking to get gift cards from my layby as they have more selections than chrisco. Can any recommend them please?
I wouldnt buy a thing from mylayby or chrisco anymore. Try Hamper King or Afterpay instead.I have just paid of a gift voucher jumped online to order another one and theyve added extra money on top dramatically.$60 ontop of a $500 one.which is rediculous. i will be looking at the hamper places again

If you layby something, when do you get the item? Once its fully paid off?
Hi Midge I have been a customer of mylay for many years now and have over 40 lay-bys to account for. The delivery times are always as they predict when you are entering you weekly payment schedule before confirming on the last page. If you require an item before the said date simply add a dollar or two to your weekly payment prior to confirming . Airline vouchers always take a few weeks or if you decide to pay off an item earlier it may be a longer delivery schedule. I have had to enquire about the whereabouts of vouchers before but this has only been through the busy christmas period where every retailer is busy. I have then had the vouchers within 3 days of enquiring. the customer service line is excellent if you need to delete a weekly payment or decide you do not require the item and want the money transferred to another product. I am unsure however what happens if you want to cancel and get money back as i have always had a few lay-bys going . Basically if you want a product by a certain date give yourself 3 weeks for delivery as a good back up. Anna