MyRepublic

MyRepublic

ADSL and NBN
2.8 from 2,422 reviews

Don't waste your time.

MyRepublic will promise you high speeds just to get your money. They will get you the modem fast and connect you quickly but thats where it ends. Do not waste your time or money with this rubbish mob.
You won't even be able to watch Netflix if 1 other person is using the net.
I have fibre to the node nbn and was put on the nbn100 plan. MyRepublic delivered me an average speed of 34 over 1 month.
I was originally with dodo, they were ok but had a lot of dropouts but still got an average of 42 but everyone could use the net and watch Netflix.
I am now with TPG and very happy. Speeds are averaging around 48.
MyRepublic customer support is the worst. Don't hold your breath waiting for a call back or a reply via email. I am still waiting for a reply 1 week later to confirm cancellation.

Set-up Time5 days
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Zdihan, we regret to hear about your poor experience with us. We aim to always provide a first contact resolution for all customers when an issue presents itself. We regret to hear that you have since left us however, have sent you a personal message to touch base and see if there is anything we can do. Kindly check your inbox.

Excellent outcome on chnaged plan

Moved from 100 to 50 plan and working well thus far. Any issue has been quickly solved. I have been with them for at least 2 years and only minor issues arise which are solved that day. The speed that technical problems are only in response to calls, on chat, is very quick.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thank you so much for the 5 star review Emo! we always strive to provide our amazing customers with the best service possible and are glad to hear you are having a great experience with us so far. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any suggestions on how we can improve.

Awesome service. Swapped over from Belong that was crap!

Never had a dropout or issue in over 6 months of joining. My Republic is great. Customer service is awesome with fast response to questions or paying a bill. Recommend the gamer pro

Start DateMarch 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi there Leesa, we are absolutely thrilled to read your 5 star review and hear that everything is going to plan. If you ever see anything that we can improve as an ISP, then please let us know.

Purely based on customer service

Slow customer service, waiting time is minimum 30 mins every time when we call. Staff are not confident on what they are doing and unreasonable explanation. No follow ups and response on the matter we raised in past. Not impressed as a new client.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Sabina, your review has really disappointing to read as our support staff are highly trained and competent in providing the correct information. We would really like to investigate this matter further and have sent you a personal message, kindly check your inbox.

SLOW! non-responsive

Slow internet speeds, non-responsive to requests for assistance. Basically unusable. Continuously drops out. I would stick with the bigger providers. Supposed to get 100mbps instead am getting 1-3mbps. This is even in the middle of the day when everyone in the neighbourhood is at work.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Ja, we don't expect our customers to suffer through a poor connection and slow speeds. Our experienced support team would like to resolve this matter immediately and have sent you a personal message, we look forward to your response.

Reliable internet with great support

Connection reliable and close to advertised speeds but we’re FTTH so not hard. Their support was surprisingly amazing when we rang with a wifi issue that I didn’t think would be solvable. Took ages to get through though.
No lock in contract which is handy in case we need to skip the country to start a new life in Mexico.

Start DateFebruary 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
That is great to hear William! thanks for the 5 star review. We hope that you have a fantastic week ahead and please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require assistance or just want to have a chat.

Great product

I had one issue at the beginning on connection but it was sorted quickly once i got into contact with customer service.
I also have not experience any drop outs so far.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Rob, we are absolutely thrilled to hear you've had a reliable internet connection thus far with full coverage across your house. We're always looking to improve, so if you see anything that we can improve upon, please let us know or touch base with us on any queries you may have.

Don't sign up with this company

Slow download speed single figures at weekend and evening, several calls to "customer service" on helpline stock answer reset your modem, stop/start TV dropouts and cannot login, Don't sign up with company.

Start DateDecember 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Brian, It's a shame to read about your poor experience with us so far. We would love to touch base with you and see if there is anything we can do in order to improve your service. Please check your inbox as we have sent you a personal message.

Quick reliable easy

My republic has so far been 100% reliable
Very happy.
Pleased I switched and wish I’d switched earlier, it was hassle free, technician here on time and i am
Saving money too!

Connection TypeWireless
This is amazing news PhaedraW, Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback and we are so happy to hear that customer service has been on point thus far. Rest assured we will continue to strive too only improve the level of service moving forward.

Awful.

Continuous dropouts. Internet unavailable for days. It takes up to an hour waiting in queues to talk to support who follow the same script every time, wasting even more of my time before finally checking their records.

Start DateApril 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Unhappy, this is truly not the experience we want for our customers at all and concerning to hear of misinformation provided. We can certainly look into the situation and offer further assistance. We have sent you a private message to touch base with you regarding your connection. We look forward to your reply.

this is a joke of a network

using a 3rd party router that ive used for many other companies and now being told i cant use it because its a 3rd party router what is a stupid thing too say as ive been with this company for a few months and this is the first time there has been dropouts slow speeds and being blamed on the 3rd party router what is a joke thats a false thing too say and being on hold for 30+ minutes my opinion dont bother with this company

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Milk, we have recently introduced the option for all of our NBN customers with the choice to use their own modem as long as it is compatible with the NBN network. The downside to this, is that we do not have as much access to a third party as our own brand hardware. Should a customer select to use their own modem, they are required to research and troubleshoot their own hardware accordingly. We have sent you a personal message in order to follow this matter up and offer further assistance, kindly check your inbox. Thanks!

Much better than my previous nbn provider.

My connection is reliable and I’ve had no dropouts.
There have been no issues!
My download speeds have been excellent and I’d recommend MyRepublic to anyone looking for good, speedy internet.

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Colin, it is such a pleasure to hear about your incredible service provided by us! we always aim to provide our customers with a reliable connection and sincerely appreciate your rave review. Please contact us directly in the future should you require assistance with anything at all!

Absolutely awesome! Really fast speeds! Had it all up running within 6 days of order very happy!

The connection is really reliable! We have had no dropouts and always have a really high speed even during peak hours i can't imagine how fast the premium 100 plan would be!

Set-up Time6 days
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Thank you for such a wonderful review Brodie!! We are so pleased to hear of your amazing experience so far. Please do not hesitate to get in touch via our websites Live Chat should you require assistance of any kind.

Good network but very bad customer service very hard to speak to someone from customer service and drop offs

It was very hard to get connected to one the customers care service officials we should have a day off to deal with that sort of issues we got to wait for hours to chat connected and many more hours to phone conversation

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Reddys, we are sorry to hear of the bad customer experience you have faced getting through for support. We are working behind the scenes to gradually improve our wait times over the phone and keep Live Chat an instant response platform. Thank you for your feedback.

Good speed but zero customer service

I recently switched to NBN from my old ADSL but when I checked, they are double charging me as they left my old connection active. Contacted them via live chat as no one ever answered the phone. They just said that they forgot to deactivate the old account which is totally irresponsible. No apologies or whatsoever. They just opened a ticket for the issue.

Two weeks have passed, my ticket is still open and my billing keeps on running on two accounts!
Contacted them 5 times now and haven't received any acknowledgement at all on any of those reports.

Start DateAugust 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Marc, we are concerned of the troubles you have encountered with cancellation. We will certainly take measures to investigate this and rectify the matter with you. We appreciate you raising the issue with us and have sent a private message to look into it further. We look forward to your response.

Quick and smooth transition

My experience has been quick, efficient and I must confess impressive. The process of communication through email and text has been prompt and informative.
Speed is very good. No issues.

Good
Start DateFebruary 2019
Set-up Time6 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
We appreciate your wonderful review of our service Gary! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Please do not hesitate to reach out again should you require assistance from our highly trained support staff.

Good overall but...

Connection is reliable and speed is sometime on par since they've split the plans but not the cheapest. I agree with the another reviewer they could offer discount or faster speed to existing customer to keep them from switching over to another service provider for better deals.

OK
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Parvesh, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to rate our services. We love to receive feedback from our customers and will certainly pass yours onto the relevant department to review. Kindly visit our websites live chat which operates Monday-Friday between 8:00am-19:30pm AEDT should you be in need of assistance.

Very Disappointing - Very poor customer service

- Every time i called them for technical support there is a 50-80 minutes call wait.
- They have a brilliant chat system- which is a joke in my case As i start to go to work at 7am and come home 8pm ... My republic chat hours are between 8am to 7.30pm
- Now come to the problem, they claim their internet is for Gamers which is false advertising they should advertise by saying "PC gamers" for console gamers there is no such thing as that
- I have attached the following speed tests on my 100/40mbps plan.. as you can clearly see they only boost the sydney traffic. everything else is a joke.
- I live in melbourne and i paid for 100/40.. sadly for melbourne traffic i am only getting 50mbps

Start DateDecember 2018
Set-up Time14 days
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Sammy, we have been working tirelessly in order to reduce our call queues and the spike generally only occurs during outages and planned maintenance. Our gamer plan offers plenty of benefits to those with console or PC such as Static Ip (public), Super low latency, Custom server routing, Network Optimization and Prioritize gaming traffic. In regards to the speed tests that you have attached, I can see that they all differ from server to server. We request that customer connect to the Telstra server in Sydney which will provide you with the most accurate speeds at your location. We have recently introduced new plan options to our customers who have recently finished their contract and advised via an email to select their new plan. If we did not receive a reply then you may have automatically been placed on the essentials 50mbps plan. We have sent you a personal message to follow this matter up further, kindly check your inbox.

Good Stable ADSL

Pretty good Stable ADSL, Customer service on the online portal was very fast and effective. Had an issue after they installed, and they sent the technician pretty quick, think it was a couple of days. And issue was fixed. Haven't had a problem since then.

Start DateAugust 2018
Set-up Time14 days
Connection TypeI don't know
Thanks for the 5 star rating and review Scott, we are so thrilled to hear about your amazing experience with us and that you are satisfied with our service. Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you see anything that we need to improve.

Terrible service better switch to Telstra

I have been with my republic for just over year now. My last direct debit wasn’t successful and my service got disconnected
When I call customer care they said they can’t over ride the system I’m sure there is a way. Come on

OK
Start DateJanuary 2018
Contract Type24-month contract
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Vijay, we are sorry to hear of the recent billing issues you have experienced. We certainly do not wish for our valued customers to be left feeling as though we can't be contacted as we provide ample time to inform us of any issues such as a missed payment before disconnection occurs. We have sent you a private message to review your situation more deeply. Kindly check your inbox.

you people have done an update in Craigieburn nearly two weeks ago since then I can't load the games I play much less can anyone else in the house, called a week ago spoke to someone called Benjamin that was going to help me with my issue, done all the tests you asked he told me he would call me two days later no call, live chat and called again today to be told that Mr unreliable Benjamin was talking to the techs today would call me by 5pm guess what still waiting then on top of that you dare send me a bill for what service ? your techs haven't got a clue and all your staff are lazy I will be going to a reliable company that's not full of it
if u havent received the service u dont have too pay and u can opt out of the internet without paying the exit fee i just swapped over too infinity and at this stage its worth going too them for FTTN 100/40 plan for 80 odd bucks they have a much better service

So when are you going to fix our internet??? We have no internet since Thursday evening last week!! It’s been 6 days now!! We called and waited for an hour before someone spoke to us. And then we waited yesterday for someone to show up because you said you will ,but no show!! Wasted our time!! then we asked to speak to a supervisor and told us we can’t. So are you going to fix it or not because yes, even without internet, we are still paying for your lousy service!!!
Hi Joe, we want to assist you with this matter as we do not allow our customers do feel unsupported. Please hop onto our websites live chat which operates Mon-Fri between 8am-19:30pm AEDT for assistance.That’s funny. We got into the live chat last Friday before 7:30pm but the chat is already closed/not available. So that’s why we called the support line which made us wait for an hour before someone talked to us. Then we did the same thing yesterday, went to live chat because no one showed up at our house to fix the problem like they said they would. And then we were just asked to turn the modem on and off, and since it’s still not working, we were told to just wait again til someone else fixes it. We asked several times during live chat — (1) why did we have to repeat the test that we did last Friday; (2) why weren’t we contacted and told NBN co. found no fault at the exchange; (3) why did we have to go on live chat to get an update. Shouldn’t you be calling us to provide an update??; (4) the chat person refused to pass us on to someone senior that would call us claiming their system doesn’t support it. We received an email that evening saying we have to wait 2 business days for an update. We received a call today at 4:31pm telling us we should now have internet. And we’re informed in that call the fault was a provisioning error (software configuration), so the whole problem was caused by someone not doing their job properly. So we didn’t have internet since Thursday evening because you didn’t do your job properly. And this could’ve been resolved that Friday when we called if your technicians just know what to do. Obviously they don’t!! So do fix your customer care/service because it’s causing a lot of problems to your customers!!!Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear that. We would like to further investigate this and have sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox as we look forward to your response.

Hey everyone, Can anyone tell me if they have the NBN gamer pro and is enjoying it or can tell a difference in online gaming? Im a big fan of call of duty etc. Please advise
Hi Shockwave, thanks for your interest in our Gamer Pro plan. We advise all serious gamers looking to enhance their online experience to purchase this plan as it boasts the following: *Static Ip (public) *Super low latency *Custom server routing *Network Optimization *Prioritize gaming traffic. If you have any further questions or require assistance signing up then please visit our websites live chat which operates Mon-Fri between 8am-19:30pm AEDT and one of our friendly representatives will assist you.

NBN 50 (Essential, Gamer Pro Essential)NBN 100 (Premium, Gamer Pro Premium)MyRepublic ADSL
Service TypeNBNNBNADSL