Myer
2.1 from 1,039 reviews

Click and collect

I placed a click and collect order online, my money was taken from my bank account but I never received confirmation until I phoned customer service. Once confirmed, the items were shipping separately which wasn't an issue, however only one was delivered to the store and the other item was cancelled with no notice or reason provided - the item is still in stock online and also showing as in stock in my preferred store.

Excellent customer service

We were assisted by the lovely Amelia in the bedding department at the Northland store today. We had quite specific needs regarding the height and feel of the mattress. Amelia was very thorough with her explanation and was extremely helpful and polite. I think my elderly father will be thrilled with his new mattress.

Charged 5 times and no record of my order

Today I tried to make a purchase online for a total of $787. The Myer website declined the credit card transaction and said to check my details were correct. After re-entering the card number a couple of times I called my bank to check what the issue was. My bank told me there was no issue and Myer had already charged me $787 5 different times for a total bill of almost $4k!!
I called Myer to ask them to cancel 4 of the orders, but Myer customer service told me that they didn't have any orders in their system for me.
They have requested a refund for me, but they will take a week to process it. So now I sit and wait, in the meantime I have to try to pay the rest of my bills with 4k less money than I thought I had.

Waiting for refund

I purchased a pair of sneakers online on 9/6/2019 and I was charged 7 times for the one pair of shoes even though only one was confirmed by email with a tracking number. I bought the shoes on 9/6/2019. Six of these charges did not have a product attached to them but Myer took an extra $79:00 which meant I paid twice for the same pair of shoes. I am still waiting for the release of the other debits sitting in my account although I was assured that the money would be released within two days from 11/6/2019 and the extra $79:00 would be refunded in two days as well. I am still waiting for my money back..
My bank is aware of the problem.
The service from the online call centre staff was appalling. Three different people promised the earth and delivered nothing.

Well done Myer

I recently purchased 3 sale items of Women’s clothing ordered Friday evening delivered Monday lunch time. I think that’s is excellent. Unfortunately 1 item was too large so I returned the item today at midday and my paypal account has already been refunded. Well done Myer!

Hopeless online app

Have made two online orders with Myer online. When you put your new address in online. all appears fine until you process the order and it reverts to your old address. Rang Myer twice to tell them of change of address. First time seemed like all would be fine, but no, parcel went to old address. Second time, rang again to inform of check change of address. Totally disinterested, told app has issues, could try changing the default in my account, but she said that probably wouldn't work either. Then you would have an other parcel going to wrong address as it doesn't swap to old address till you process and then too late, can't change it. Asked to speak to supervisor, kept on hold 10 mins then told noone available. I GIVE UP on Myer online.

Fast and Efficient

I ordered boots from Myer on Sunday afternoon and it has shipped by Tuesday and have received it Wednesday. I think that is fast for standard free delivery. Received in perfect condition and fit perfectly. No problems. Happy with the service would use again.

Horrible service

I made an online purchase in January, which I have still not received.
I did not receive an email confirmation of purchase, yet credit was deducted from the gift card I used to make the purchase, and the item was never delivered.

I did contact the help desk 3 times, visited the Northland store, though they were not helpful.

I've emailed numerous times with response to 2 emails only, from 2 different people, both asking for the same details, which I provided in the original email, then again to the second person.
My emails asking for updates are being ignored.

Myers' retail service has always been poor, their online service is even worse.

I'm $100 out of pocket, have no product and no means of getting this sorted.

Revolting, dishonest and absolute disgusting attitude from staff and managers at MYER store Roselands

I went to the MYER store in a roselands to do some shopping. After browsing in the shoe section I found shoes I liked, priced for $79. I asked for my size and tried it on. When taking it to the register I was told the shoes are $119, and the price tag on the shoe I handed over to a salesperson to get my size, didn’t have the sale tag anymore. I have requested for a manager since they were dodgy and dishonest and didn’t honour the price. The 2IC was haggling with me and offered it to me for $99. I was not happy with that and end up receiving it for $79. She then asked for my drivers license and checked my $100 note if it’s real. She had passive aggressive attitude while packing up the item and taping aggressively on the box. Absolutely revolting and appalling experience at Myers Roselands.

Store LocationRoselands

Online Store - Hit and Miss

Trying to put through click and collect purchase today - website is down.

The wheel keeps spinning and I cannot select my store (attached)
I work in IT so I test another computer and my phone... same problem.

No worries.

Went to reach out to Myer online ... no live chat? Really? They must use Facebook Messenger.
They do but 3 hours later - no reply. I'm going to try calling next but I'm pretty sure that will yield no response.... it's not urgent so I'll try again tomorrow.

Also checked @Myer on twitter. Only found two really sad photos of the retail experience from a customer (they were moaning about the dull look - I've attached here!)

It's such a sad day for Australian Retail.

These department stores never latched on to the internet and eCommerce mastery. Now they are paying so dearly with lackluster sales, angry shareholders, dwindling customer numbers.

We need to make Australian Retail Great Again!
Myer. You need to pick 100 of your top customers and get them in a paid workshop to literally reinvent your business from top to bottom.

Staff in your stores are all tarnished with the same brush. That is, they're lazy and don't care. I know that's not true for all staff. By letting the poor staff get away with such bad behaviour for so long you have a mammoth culture problem now. It's nearly accepted and your staff are not striving to deliver and exceed expectations.

It's truly so sad.

14 days to deliver to another capital city

I bought a gift online on 31 May. It was to be sent to an address in another capital city. I chose Myer because, as a national business, I thought they would be able to deliver quickly from their local store. It has still not been delivered. When I look online, projected delivery date is 14 June. They are sourcing it from Perth, I.e. the other side of the country (although it is still not clear why it is taking so long). There was no indication that this would be the case, or of the expected delivery date, on the website when I ordered the item. I note you cannot find any contact on their website for providing feedback. Rubbish service. Will be using offshore sites or other local stores in future. Why is it so easy to reliably have things sent from the uk within a week when we can’t seem to manage the same domestically?

Faulty blouse re sold

I purchased a blouse from Myer at Doncaster (VIC). I wore it once and the press stud broke. I returned it to the city store expecting an apology and an effort to have the blouse repaired or replaced. I was told that Myer staff (Basque) were not seamstresses even after I suggested they use their inhouse tailor. I was also told there were no replacements in stock when in fact I saw them in stock online that same day! I returned to the department a week later only to see my faulty blouse back on the rack. I have lodged 2 email complaints (mid May) but have not had any acknowledgement since. Lets just add salt to the wound.

Store LocationMyer Doncaster VIC

Appalling

2 years ago I shopped online at Myer. Items were sent from several different store from across the country requiring several trips to the post office. At the same time, I also shopped online at David Jones who were professional, timely and accurate. David Jones was my first choice to shop this week however they didn’t stock the item I wanted. So back to Myer. Yet again, false promises, lack of communication, lost order and a very “cate less” attitude. Very quick though to accept my money. Currently they have over $600 and I have none of what I ordered and no-one cam tell me anything other than they have my order. I am amazed that almost EVERY other retailer (large or small) has their act together yet MYER are impossible. Won’t ever shop online or in person again Myer - not happy Jan!!!

Thank you for helping me find my perfect foundation

haven't been able to found a foundation to suit my skin in years they all have a yellow tinge I went Myers Kotara they took the time professional friendly staff to assist me and finding the correct foundation they were friendly helpful full of information would not have been able to find it without them thank you

Store LocationChanel counter at Myers Kotara

The SLOWEST online purchase

I have had things from the UK take less time to get her. FREE delivery must be by carrier pigeon, oh that would be quicker. Seriously these guys cant compete, if you have shares get out. I live in country NSW fair enough it always takes an extra bit, BUT this shop has by far the longest delivery time. I would have of paid the $2.95 difference in express post IF THEIR SITE let me but no you have to pay the full. Good job if you live in the 1990's.

Unreliable website

I purchased 1 top from the online store, but they sent me 2 which was contemplating ordering a few weeks ago, but did not 'remove'. Hopeless website to get around. If they want people to use their online business they really need to improve their site...

Deceptive Price Advertising.

Yesterday purchased Circulon Cookware pack at 70 percent discount!! Further research found they never sell at printed barcode price ($429.95). Supplier RRP is much lower! All major retailers are offering this pack at this special price of $119 (David Jones and Kitchen Warehouse), but don’t advertise or promote as being 70 percent off their regular selling price. Box is printed with ‘Special Value ‘ ‘while stocks lasts’ which highlights the low price setting. Do you think this writing would be on box when it sells at Myers regular selling price of $429.95? Kogan is before ACCC for very similar pricing issues . I’m very angry as got sucked in by the big discount that never really existed. Would l have bought if listed as 20 percent off? Not a chance.

Store LocationMyer Bayside

Cannot get a bra fitting - staff should be fired

The staff at Carindale are so lazy I could not get fitted for a bra after ONE hour & 3 trips into the fitting rooms. In that time I had three people (1 myer staff & 2 fitting room onlookers) helping me to chase down retail staff .. to no avail. Its a lazy Thursday morning & not a hectic weekend. The staff were actually on the floor, they just pretended they were too busy re-arranging bra racks & refused to enter the fitting rooms! I even told a Myer salesperson I would need help in the fitting room in a few moments but she only wanted to scold me for a bra incorrectly placed. I have rang the store manager twice today & have not received a return call. Like Manager, like staff quite obviously.

Store LocationCarindale

Another reason why I never shop at Myer

I made an online purchase for my partners b'day present. Three weeks later and I am still waiting. I've spoken to three different people who never can tell me what's going on, the last call they told me that Myer is a big store and they have a lot of orders to fill and they are a bit behind. This is no excuse. It's disgusting. I've always been a David Jones shopper, I only went to Myer when I found the product I wanted and was supposedly in stock. 3 weeks later and my partner is still waiting for his gift.
I will never set foot in a Myer store again. No wonder you're going under guys.
Pity you don't give a damn

What a JOKE but I'm not laughing!!!

I've spent an hour trying to purchase online as the Click and Collect option didn't have all of the items I wanted. Tried to edit an address that was supposed to have been edited previously by a Myer representative 6 months ago and still hadn't been completed, I was cut off at least 6 times while waiting, my MYER 1 card number has been scrambled in with terms and conditions on the back of the card (not legible), so I then had to call to get my MYER 1 number and after entering that several times with a password that I know is correct because I used it to log into my account, I was blocked for too many attempts at logging in. No wonder they are going broke - MYER - get you online ordering and service centre sorted out!!!!!