NAB Home Loans

NAB Home Loans

See the Best Home Loans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sydney 2011

Sydney 2011Sydney, NSW

Home loan retention team treats you like an Idiot

Just come off the phone from the home loan retention team with J.... Got treated like an idiot and basically was like a sales call, wanting me to do more business with them and channel more their way. I wanted to give them an opportunity to do something about my rate. Obviously NAB does not need customers. You lost me as a customer after the experience with your just about insulting Team Member
BYE BYE

Dianne

Dianne

Home loan rates

Interest rates have gone down, rang NAB to get a better rate, spent 45 minutes waiting to speak to someone to be told they will not reduce my rate. They could of told me when they were going to transfer me for the 45 minute wait that I was wasting my time thinking they would reduce the rate.

Mahesh

MaheshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They ruined our home loan application which cause to lose our 31K deposit.

That was a worst experience ever in our life.They gave us a conditional approval with highest rate and finally declined our application in the due date avoiding go for another provider.We lost our $31000 .Stay away from these liars.Very disappointed.

choprasimple

choprasimpleAU

Resolved the issue upto satisfaction

Update
They resolved issue up to my satisfaction this is called turn the customer perception!

3 years of good deed what I had with bank (moved from another bank) tattered with in seconds due to Extremely poor customer service. Credit of that goes to REDSTAR CONSTRN LOAN team. I would not even close near by to that street where this banks is.
One star because there is no option less then that.

Diasppointed to say I am on verge of losing my home which I just got the keys this morning and have to sell it if bank continue with their dirty deeds.

Loan Start DateDecember 2016
Loan used for:Home Construction

J L

J Lsydney

Dangerous... Warning!!! Cruel & nasty people stay away.

Terrible

Terrible customer service. The rates are not competitive and they will bully you into keeping your loan with NAB when you call to negotiate your interest. Really high annual fees ($395) and I still have no idea what the annual fee covers.

I had a fixed rate and once the fixed period ended the interest rate switched to a very high variable rate. I pay on time with a good credit rating yet they treat you like your loan is subprime. Look elsewhere before taking out a loan and do not trust a Mortgage Broker who recommends NAB.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2017

Dino

DinoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very unprofessional in approach and customer service

Loan TypeSplit

Terese

TereseSydney, NSW

Avoid at all costs

The worst you will get. The most unorganised bunch. Their lending team have no competence or sense of urgency. Initial draw-down payment was delayed for weeks. They kept asking for documents we had already sent.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

Home Loan experience is POOR!

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan used for:First Home

Very disappointed with the service

Our broker applied for the home loan with nab and it was a terrible experience for us. They gave us pre-approval with no specific condition. We looked for the property based on the loan amount they mentioned in the letter. However, after we payed 0.25% of the home price to the agent, we waited for two weeks to get the loan and at the end, the bank rejected our application. The reason was my husband ABN that they knew at the beginning. Nothing changed in two weeks. They just wasted our time with two little kids traveling 3 hours every week for inspection and back.
They don't care

Matthew

MatthewGippsland, VIC

Home loan

First home. Start up to this very day it has been easy. All my questions answered, set up smooth, maintaining loan simple due to set up process. Alot of advice given. Some taken, some ignored.

Michael B.

Michael B.Perth, WA

Hassled Every Time!

I havent got a home loan with NAB nor would I ever!! Currently have an everyday account with them and EVERY SINGLE TIME I go into the branch for whatever reason I get the same Home Loan speech and I dont like being rude but it is so annoying!

Cindy Lou WhoMelbourne

No Accountability Whatsoever

Loan used for:Renovation

Janine Barrett

Janine BarrettWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Direct Debit Fraud

NAB is practicing direct debit fraud on the people of Australia, stated in the recent RC into Banking NAB is also bribing customers accountants to achieve this. To detect Direct Debit Fraud you must apply the process called Audit of Accounts to your bank statements. You tally the number of transactions not the monetary amounts. NAB was also fully aware of this process for 5 years yet did not address it once. Qualifying evidence they do not fix anything. There has been an 80% increase in Direct Debit Fraud in the last 5 years according to the AFP website. People need to be made aware they can remove your payments from your facility which causes the facility to rupture and be foreclosed on.

POOR HOME LOAN managment team KNOX CITY VIC

Very disappointed with the service !!! Nab has provided me!! wasted my whole one week!!! I have been their customer for 25 years with 4 of my properties, they have all been paid off and the loan has been close off!!! I have only asked for 50 thousand dollars to withdrawal on my apptment, a female home loan specialists in the knox branch said"I spend more than I'm earning!!! That is my problem as long as the payments have all this time have been paid off!!! Now I have refinanced with ANZ they approved my loan instantly with 283000 dollars I was very pleased but only need 50 thousand! Please dont waste your time with NAB and move on to another!!!

ThumbsDownKurmond

ThumbsDownKurmondSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very bad experience with construction team UPDATED

Rubbish service. Don't apply for any sort of loan over the phone or online. You'll be better off app

Waiting 8 weeks for a construction loan approval

We have applied for a construction and still waiting after 8 weeks. They approved a 95% loan then came back after 6 weeks to say no we need another $15,000. So we got the $ 15K within 2 days and still waiting 2 weeks later. Why the hell is it taking so long???? Our builder should of started 8 weeks ago.

Vikas

VikasMelbourne

I can't believe the overall rating people have given here to NAB home loans

I think people don't write reviews when they have positive experiences, hence this page is full of negative reviews, which I have no doubt about as no business is perfect. And when I applied for home loan with Nab and read these reviews I was worried.
But my experience with Nab has been excellent, there were no issues. Whole process was smooth and timely.

Terrible

avoid this home loan. Documents were asking one after another. It has been 4 weeks and they said they let us know in 2 days when we first contact them for the loan and nothing was happening, no proper communication. We regret of choosing NAB. So So disappointed.