NAB Home Loans

Blatantly Stupid Logic with their credit scoring

My Salary after tax is $9K plus per month
No credit cards
Car loan - $765/ Month 23 months remaining

Still rejected a loan of just $450K (Approx repayment $1700/month )saying a credit score of 771(which is considered very good) is not enough

Grant

Grant

13 Weeks and Home loan Application Still Not Approved!

All home loan application details were completed on 18 February and am still waiting for approval! NAB are completely hopeless in every area of the home loan application process including communication. Wish I had not applied with them, it has cost me a over $1500 in extra interest while they mess around. They make no apologies just make weak excuses, the last one 3 weeks ago. Do not believe the NAB web site which states a 4-6 week time frame to complete your application, that is a lie. If you are considering a home loan avoid NAB at all costs.

Sarfraj

SarfrajPerth, WA

No service for Existing Customer

You will not get any service being an existing customer but you will get service if you're a new customer.

They only care if you have a new business to offer.

mohan r.

mohan r.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent service

Hi,
Hassle free service from Winnie Cheng, 800 NAB. Amazed with her service and timely help. within 2 days she got the pre-approval for me where broker took 2 months.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Ali

Ali

This is worst experience for my first dream home loan

I am actually speechless about my anger with NAB. Their people are very inefficient I guess. I had conditional approval already several times, but again they asked for papers. My settlement was delayed due to manual auditing; again now building loan is delaying. It was pre-approved 2 months ago but now showing processing to pre-approval. They main anger is with the banker. She doesn't answer the phone, don't reply to emails and even ignored my when i went to Bank. So please avoid NAB (specially Belconnen ACT branch)

dillon t.

dillon t.Sydney, NSW

Their loan settlements team should all be FIRED. You incompetent useless TURDS!!!!

Jarrad L.

Jarrad L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Slow and Inconsiderate

We applied with NAB through our broker for a home loan. We are first home buyers. We had conditional approval, they had 3 weeks before finance was due on the property and they missed that deadline. Then we were told through our broker that it would be another 3 weeks before we'd hear anything, which would be past settlement date. We are in the process in applying with another bank. Stay away from this bank like the plague. They'll cause unwarranted stress.

Chiran K.

Chiran K.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Avoid NAB Please!

Never bank with NAB, especially home loan and Credit Cards. The staff do not know how to treat customers. I am desperately looking my contract tenure be over so that I can switch it to another bank. Please listen to other people and avoid NAB.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Jem E.

Jem E.

stuffed me around and almost cost me my house

worked with them for 3 weeks while i had a deposit on land and build, they had all document's needed and appoved my finance to at the last minutes before settlement to tell me the credit team would not allow spit construction loans any more.. i could possibly lose my deposit and house.. and they dont care why would they not say this at the start so i could find another lender rather then drag me around for 3 week and possibly cost me everything.. horrible

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Worse bank ever!

This must be Australians worse bank ever! Highly offensive staff with scripted dialogues, no common sense and general inability to assist with any issues.

I am so glad that I have refinanced all my mortgages and banking with another bank. I have also moved all my business banking to Westpac and I have never been happier.

NAB is like a dinosaur with their technology and processes. At least I have learnt my lesson to never bank with NAB and I encourage all others to ditch this awful bank and refinance with another bank so you can actually enjoy your money.

Sydney 2011

Sydney 2011Sydney, NSW

Home loan retention team treats you like an Idiot

Just come off the phone from the home loan retention team with J.... Got treated like an idiot and basically was like a sales call, wanting me to do more business with them and channel more their way. I wanted to give them an opportunity to do something about my rate. Obviously NAB does not need customers. You lost me as a customer after the experience with your just about insulting Team Member
BYE BYE

Dianne

Dianne

Home loan rates

Interest rates have gone down, rang NAB to get a better rate, spent 45 minutes waiting to speak to someone to be told they will not reduce my rate. They could of told me when they were going to transfer me for the 45 minute wait that I was wasting my time thinking they would reduce the rate.

Mahesh

MaheshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They ruined our home loan application which cause to lose our 31K deposit.

That was a worst experience ever in our life.They gave us a conditional approval with highest rate and finally declined our application in the due date avoiding go for another provider.We lost our $31000 .Stay away from these liars.Very disappointed.

Rustproofhydra

RustproofhydraPerth, WA

Resolved the issue upto satisfaction

Update
They resolved issue up to my satisfaction this is called turn the customer perception!

3 years of good deed what I had with bank (moved from another bank) tattered with in seconds due to Extremely poor customer service. Credit of that goes to REDSTAR CONSTRN LOAN team. I would not even close near by to that street where this banks is.
One star because there is no option less then that.

Diasppointed to say I am on verge of losing my home which I just got the keys this morning and have to sell it if bank continue with their dirty deeds.

Loan Start DateDecember 2016
Loan used forHome Construction
J L

J Lsydney

Dangerous... Warning!!! Cruel & nasty people stay away.

Nicole

Nicole

Terrible

Terrible customer service. The rates are not competitive and they will bully you into keeping your loan with NAB when you call to negotiate your interest. Really high annual fees ($395) and I still have no idea what the annual fee covers.

I had a fixed rate and once the fixed period ended the interest rate switched to a very high variable rate. I pay on time with a good credit rating yet they treat you like your loan is subprime. Look elsewhere before taking out a loan and do not trust a Mortgage Broker who recommends NAB.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2017
Dino

DinoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very unprofessional in approach and customer service

Terese

TereseSydney, NSW

Avoid at all costs

The worst you will get. The most unorganised bunch. Their lending team have no competence or sense of urgency. Initial draw-down payment was delayed for weeks. They kept asking for documents we had already sent.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

Home Loan experience is POOR!

Loan used forFirst Home

Very disappointed with the service

Our broker applied for the home loan with nab and it was a terrible experience for us. They gave us pre-approval with no specific condition. We looked for the property based on the loan amount they mentioned in the letter. However, after we payed 0.25% of the home price to the agent, we waited for two weeks to get the loan and at the end, the bank rejected our application. The reason was my husband ABN that they knew at the beginning. Nothing changed in two weeks. They just wasted our time with two little kids traveling 3 hours every week for inspection and back.
They don't care