NAB Home Loans

NAB Home Loans

See the Best Home Loans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Resolved the issue upto satisfaction

Update
They resolved issue up to my satisfaction this is called turn the customer perception!

3 years of good deed what I had with bank (moved from another bank) tattered with in seconds due to Extremely poor customer service. Credit of that goes to REDSTAR CONSTRN LOAN team. I would not even close near by to that street where this banks is.
One star because there is no option less then that.

Diasppointed to say I am on verge of losing my home which I just got the keys this morning and have to sell it if bank continue with their dirty deeds.

Loan Start DateDecember 2016
Loan used for:Home Construction

Dangerous... Warning!!! Cruel & nasty people stay away.

NAB called me yesterday to discuss my homeloan threatened to not allow settlement to pay off home loan.

Insane.

Warning do not talk to nab make nab send to you communications in writing. They are disgusting liars.

What's worse is NAB do not help after divorce or separation for transfer and make you suffer even if you still make monthly payments on time and sacrifice buying food and turn off electrical power heating to save money to pay the loans on time.
Warning do not fall for a homeloan with fake smiles from nab and feel good stars in your eyes its a bad trap when you have a life changing event they are happy to let you suffer or die and let you rot even though you do all the right things.

Stay away from NAB - all of the other bank lenders as well.

Sheer horror.

Terrible

Terrible customer service. The rates are not competitive and they will bully you into keeping your loan with NAB when you call to negotiate your interest. Really high annual fees ($395) and I still have no idea what the annual fee covers.

I had a fixed rate and once the fixed period ended the interest rate switched to a very high variable rate. I pay on time with a good credit rating yet they treat you like your loan is subprime. Look elsewhere before taking out a loan and do not trust a Mortgage Broker who recommends NAB.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2017
Loan used for:First Home

Very unprofessional in approach and customer service

We took home loan from nab through broker and afterward whenever we need any help bank refuse to help they always use to say that you took loan through broker you should go to them I don’t understand why the bank has broker if they don’t want to help the customer who has gone through broker.
I had a approval from CBA but we selected NAB because it is our choice of bank from the day one in Australia banking support was good but we had bitter experience in terms of home loan the CBA broker told me many times that you are doing a mistake but I said no it is a good bank and now I am regretting on my decision even my variable interest rate is higher as compare to other bank they even don’t consider my request.
I spoke to retentions team they promised me to refund the annual charge on 14/3/19 and they said it will be done in 5 working days but still it is not done i need to follow up for each and everything. Waste of time and moreover the customer service team from retention team doesn’t know why it is not been done.
I would never recommend NAB for home loan .

Loan TypeSplit

Avoid at all costs

The worst you will get. The most unorganised bunch. Their lending team have no competence or sense of urgency. Initial draw-down payment was delayed for weeks. They kept asking for documents we had already sent.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

Home Loan experience is POOR!

I was a first home buyer and had a loan approved with NAB. All seemed well at first until i tried to refinance loan into just my name. They kept making me pay other debts off i had in full with the illusion that finance would be approved afterwards and each time they rejected me.

When i was selling the house, the day before settlement the collections team had not approved for settlement to go ahead, nor did they bother to tell myself, my settlement agent, or the other part of their own bank chasing info on why not. There was a short fall in payment and arragement was made for myself to pay and owing amount the day after settlement when they would phone me.
I have not received a phone call, email or letter from NAB. But have recently found out they have been charging me dishonour fees over 2k now.. i tried phoning them 3 times the week after my settlement to pay this...(not my f*ing job) and could not get ahold of them..
I would NEVER reccomend that anyone use this bank. They are incompetent and are CRIMINALS!

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan used for:First Home

Very disappointed with the service

Our broker applied for the home loan with nab and it was a terrible experience for us. They gave us pre-approval with no specific condition. We looked for the property based on the loan amount they mentioned in the letter. However, after we payed 0.25% of the home price to the agent, we waited for two weeks to get the loan and at the end, the bank rejected our application. The reason was my husband ABN that they knew at the beginning. Nothing changed in two weeks. They just wasted our time with two little kids traveling 3 hours every week for inspection and back.
They don't care

Home loan

First home. Start up to this very day it has been easy. All my questions answered, set up smooth, maintaining loan simple due to set up process. Alot of advice given. Some taken, some ignored.

Hassled Every Time!

I havent got a home loan with NAB nor would I ever!! Currently have an everyday account with them and EVERY SINGLE TIME I go into the branch for whatever reason I get the same Home Loan speech and I dont like being rude but it is so annoying!

No Accountability Whatsoever

Wish I could give negative stars.

I have a current loan with nab for an investment property. In august 2016 I had bad tenants leave and had to make an insurance claim. I also had to repair/replace things that weren’t covered by my insurance.

In March 2017 I refinanced my loan with nab and extended the loan by $40k to fix the property. 5 year term. Interest only.

Insurance company was taking ages to get everything fixed so instead of renewing my lease I decided to move into my vacant (under repair) investment property as I couldn’t afford to keep paying the mortgage plus rent.

Called the bank to explain and advised I’d like to pay more than just interest only while living at the property to knock the balance down a bit. No problem apparently.

In January I called the bank to advise my property was now repaired and that it will be rented again by end of February and that I’d go back to paying interest only...

This is where the nightmare begins!!

The boffin who took my call when I wanted to pay more than just interest while I was residing at the property cancelled my interest only loan and changed my loan to an owner occupied principal and interest loan!! No paperwork, no advising that my existing loan would be cancelled, no signatures required, no information whatsoever! These changes were made in a 20 minute phone call by a kid who sounded like he’d just graduated from call centre school.

I was never informed of anything. Only found out in January when I called the bank that my loan type had been changed.

I now apparently have to submit a new loan application (not happening!)

The resolve team has been no help whatsoever and is blaming me for the mess! I’ve also received toxic and inflammatory emails from the resolve team and they refuse to take any responsibility for this mess. Funnily enough, the call centre kid doesn’t work there anymore (wonder why?)

This mess is now in the hands of afca and I am prepared to take this to court if my original loan isn’t reinstated. This will cost the bank a lot of money.

Nab are the absolute worst and will never admit to their errors. Choose another bank.

Loan used for:Renovation
Update: NAB still refused to admit fault. As I’d promised I followed the long process with AFCA until I reached the arbitration level. The arbitrator did a full investigation, got my original loan reinstated and NAB had to pay me a sum of compensation. A pittance considering the battle I’d endured. Should have taken them to the federal court and fought for proper compensation but I’d been through enough by this stage. NAB are a pack of crooks. No wonder they’re the most hated bank in Australia. As soon as my contract ends I will be investigating other options. Don’t rely on AFCA to rush to your defence either. They’re toothless tigers who are financed by the banks?? Figure that one out... You have to constantly be on the phone to AFCA to keep things moving.

Direct Debit Fraud

NAB is practicing direct debit fraud on the people of Australia, stated in the recent RC into Banking NAB is also bribing customers accountants to achieve this. To detect Direct Debit Fraud you must apply the process called Audit of Accounts to your bank statements. You tally the number of transactions not the monetary amounts. NAB was also fully aware of this process for 5 years yet did not address it once. Qualifying evidence they do not fix anything. There has been an 80% increase in Direct Debit Fraud in the last 5 years according to the AFP website. People need to be made aware they can remove your payments from your facility which causes the facility to rupture and be foreclosed on.

POOR HOME LOAN managment team KNOX CITY VIC

Very disappointed with the service !!! Nab has provided me!! wasted my whole one week!!! I have been their customer for 25 years with 4 of my properties, they have all been paid off and the loan has been close off!!! I have only asked for 50 thousand dollars to withdrawal on my apptment, a female home loan specialists in the knox branch said"I spend more than I'm earning!!! That is my problem as long as the payments have all this time have been paid off!!! Now I have refinanced with ANZ they approved my loan instantly with 283000 dollars I was very pleased but only need 50 thousand! Please dont waste your time with NAB and move on to another!!!

Very bad experience with construction team UPDATED

They delay each and every progress payment, that's not even an issue for them.
What happened with our final payment was the worst stress ever.
8 business days after we submitted the claim, nab asked for the occupation certificate to release the payment. The problem is that we cannot get OC without getting the keys and finalizing something around the house. We provided them with a letter from our certifying authority which says what needs to be done before issuing OC. and of course we cannot do anything around the house before we get the keys and to get the keys we needed to pay the final payment. Nab people don't give a damn about that. So guess what, we had to find the cash of $31k to pay the builder the final payment because the big4 **** just don't want to use their brain at all. they put their clients through unnecessary stress. so if you decide to go with nab to a construction, just make sure you have your final payment in cash....
and of course we are going to refinance our home right away we finalize the construction paperwork.

UPDATE: we actually finished all the paperwork, some of the people in construction team were helpful.
I also needed to split my loan afterwards and a broker team member was very nice and helped us to do the application over phone.
I just raised my rate from 1 to 3 stars.

Rubbish service. Don't apply for any sort of loan over the phone or online. You'll be better off app

I've been with NAB since 2010. The main reason why my partner and I opened an acc through NAB was to make it easier to apply for a DHOAS loan. Most of our savings were on the NAB acc. It took us nearly 3 years to save for a house deposit. Long story short, last month we finally decided to buy a place in Sydney. We already had over 20% deposit. I went ahead and applied for a DHOAS loan via NAB online / phone. We spoke to the NAB loan specialist who was based in Melbourne. We then submitted all the required paperwork the next day. The NAB loan specialist never communicated with us and i literally had to chase her everyday to get some kind of updates. After nearly a month she still didn't tell me that my loan app was rejected due to my living expenses were apparently being too high although my partner and i combined salary is over $140k, no kids,excellent credit ratings,more than 20% house deposit stamp duty already paid. All the other banks (ANZ,CBA,WESTPAC,ST GEORGE,BANK WEST,DEFENSE CREDIT) have approved my loan application within a week. Also when i went back to an NAB branch the mortgage specialist there had a look at my file and realise that the person i had spoken to didnt correctly entered some of my details because she didn't understand how my payslip. Unfortunately he couldn't do much as their credit team already rejected my application. I will most likely close my account with NAB next month. My advice to everyone..Never apply for any sort of NAB loan through the phone or online.

Waiting 8 weeks for a construction loan approval

We have applied for a construction and still waiting after 8 weeks. They approved a 95% loan then came back after 6 weeks to say no we need another $15,000. So we got the $ 15K within 2 days and still waiting 2 weeks later. Why the hell is it taking so long???? Our builder should of started 8 weeks ago.

I can't believe the overall rating people have given here to NAB home loans

I think people don't write reviews when they have positive experiences, hence this page is full of negative reviews, which I have no doubt about as no business is perfect. And when I applied for home loan with Nab and read these reviews I was worried.
But my experience with Nab has been excellent, there were no issues. Whole process was smooth and timely.

Terrible

avoid this home loan. Documents were asking one after another. It has been 4 weeks and they said they let us know in 2 days when we first contact them for the loan and nothing was happening, no proper communication. We regret of choosing NAB. So So disappointed.

Poor assessing loan

It was poor service by NAB. Asked two extra documents and declined with FB income serving claim. The house was done contracted but declined for different unexpected reason.
Feeling bad.

AVOID

Home loan fixed interest rate ended which converted to variable. Paying higher interest at the moment. They're making me jump through hoops to get a new low at a fixed rate. NAB is happy to keep me on a higher interest rate. Need to submit new documents to get on the lower fixed rate. What a joke. Will be taking my business elsewhere with a lower fixed rate.

Customer service does not keep on top of application process. Making me wait months on end to get the loan approved. Very difficult to deal with.

Don’t go to NAB

NAB give me pre approval then they decline when come to final approval NAB hold me three months and come with loan decline.