NAB Home Loans

NAB Home Loans

Ashly

AshlySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst service

After waiting 3 months for FHB we said to scrap it and go with a standard homeloan... That was a month ago. Was lied to last Wednesday saying that "credit is taking forever" spoke to the branch manager yesterday and apparently our files were only submitted YESTERDAY! now I'm doubting our FHB application was put in promptly.
Plan on talking to a broker today and will be moving our banking away from NAB

Shibu

ShibuSydney, NSW

Very worse

Don’t apply with NAB for home loans!
- highest interest rates than any other banks
- very slow processing
- endless queries
- never ending paper works
- lag the time for next evaluation
So all of the above is quite enough for an applicant to understand how worse is NAB treating home loan applicants!

Kabir

KabirGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely shocking experience

They started taking money from account for home loan before the payment pause expired when I called them to take this a compliant and they provided me afca webite to write a cmplaint/feedback. I have heard worst stories about nab but now I have experienced myself. Please please dont ever go with them.

Loan Start DateJuly 2017

They don't live up to their name of being big 4, terrible customer service

The staff at NAB Home Loans are absolute shocker, I asked for my loan to be split and was advised it would take less than 2 weeks, it ended up taking 6 weeks and they suggested to me to call back once the loan got updated to discuss interest backdate refund. So i did call back and faced the worst staffer that basically told me to "wait" abruptly, placed on hold, waited for 10 mins, and then she basically hung up on me. I had to call back and was placed on hold for another half hour. For over an 1 hour i was basically on hold, definitely get out of NAB ASAP.

DenSydney, NSW

After giving conditional offer and I fulfill all their listed conditions, approval can still be turned down!

Loan used forHome Construction
Mina

Mina

Terrible customer service!

- no reward for an existing customer, they offer new customers much lower interest rates.
- the customer retention team who are supposed to keep the customers happy offered me a higher interest than the normal customer team, what a joke!
- waiting time to speak to anyone can be up to 2 hours and then they hang the line, you have to try more than once.
- they have shown zero customer care and sometimes I felt that their tactics are very shifty.

SamH

SamHMurray Mallee, SA

Unacceptable time frame for loan approval.

Loan Start DateSeptember 2019
Ricky

RickyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst Customer Service/ Won’t recommend NAB to anyone

LukeCollins

LukeCollinsMelbourne

Fantastic Rates! Great customer service!

Recently refinanced 2 loans from Bank of Melbourne and the rates with nab are fantastic! 2.19 fixed for 2 years owner occupied. 2.69 fixed on my investment property! So glad I made the move it has saved me nearly 10k in interest a year. Also the customer service over the phone is brilliant! Thanks NAB already recommended you to friends and family.

Loan used forRefinancing

Senthil

SenthilSydney, NSW

Blatantly Stupid Logic with their credit scoring

My Salary after tax is $9K plus per month
No credit cards
Car loan - $765/ Month 23 months remaining

Still rejected a loan of just $450K (Approx repayment $1700/month )saying a credit score of 771(which is considered very good) is not enough

Grant

Grant

13 Weeks and Home loan Application Still Not Approved!

All home loan application details were completed on 18 February and am still waiting for approval! NAB are completely hopeless in every area of the home loan application process including communication. Wish I had not applied with them, it has cost me a over $1500 in extra interest while they mess around. They make no apologies just make weak excuses, the last one 3 weeks ago. Do not believe the NAB web site which states a 4-6 week time frame to complete your application, that is a lie. If you are considering a home loan avoid NAB at all costs.

Sarfraj

SarfrajPerth, WA

No service for Existing Customer

You will not get any service being an existing customer but you will get service if you're a new customer.

They only care if you have a new business to offer.

mohan r.

mohan r.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent service

Hi,
Hassle free service from Winnie Cheng, 800 NAB. Amazed with her service and timely help. within 2 days she got the pre-approval for me where broker took 2 months.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Ali

Ali

This is worst experience for my first dream home loan

I am actually speechless about my anger with NAB. Their people are very inefficient I guess. I had conditional approval already several times, but again they asked for papers. My settlement was delayed due to manual auditing; again now building loan is delaying. It was pre-approved 2 months ago but now showing processing to pre-approval. They main anger is with the banker. She doesn't answer the phone, don't reply to emails and even ignored my when i went to Bank. So please avoid NAB (specially Belconnen ACT branch)

dillon t.

dillon t.Sydney, NSW

Their loan settlements team should all be FIRED. You incompetent useless TURDS!!!!

Jarrad L.

Jarrad L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Slow and Inconsiderate

We applied with NAB through our broker for a home loan. We are first home buyers. We had conditional approval, they had 3 weeks before finance was due on the property and they missed that deadline. Then we were told through our broker that it would be another 3 weeks before we'd hear anything, which would be past settlement date. We are in the process in applying with another bank. Stay away from this bank like the plague. They'll cause unwarranted stress.

Chiran K.

Chiran K.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Avoid NAB Please!

Never bank with NAB, especially home loan and Credit Cards. The staff do not know how to treat customers. I am desperately looking my contract tenure be over so that I can switch it to another bank. Please listen to other people and avoid NAB.

Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Jem E.

Jem E.

stuffed me around and almost cost me my house

worked with them for 3 weeks while i had a deposit on land and build, they had all document's needed and appoved my finance to at the last minutes before settlement to tell me the credit team would not allow spit construction loans any more.. i could possibly lose my deposit and house.. and they dont care why would they not say this at the start so i could find another lender rather then drag me around for 3 week and possibly cost me everything.. horrible

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Worse bank ever!

This must be Australians worse bank ever! Highly offensive staff with scripted dialogues, no common sense and general inability to assist with any issues.

I am so glad that I have refinanced all my mortgages and banking with another bank. I have also moved all my business banking to Westpac and I have never been happier.

NAB is like a dinosaur with their technology and processes. At least I have learnt my lesson to never bank with NAB and I encourage all others to ditch this awful bank and refinance with another bank so you can actually enjoy your money.

Sydney 2011

Sydney 2011Sydney, NSW

Home loan retention team treats you like an Idiot

Just come off the phone from the home loan retention team with J.... Got treated like an idiot and basically was like a sales call, wanting me to do more business with them and channel more their way. I wanted to give them an opportunity to do something about my rate. Obviously NAB does not need customers. You lost me as a customer after the experience with your just about insulting Team Member
BYE BYE