National Storage

Clean new premises, DON'T OFFER PRO RATA

Joey G.

Joey G.South East Queensland, QLD

TERRIBLE IN EVERY WAY

Small pokey sheds that r difficult to access, take a torch cos there is no lighting, unauthorised money taken from my account and lied to about being refunded for a shed that I am not even using even though I gave 7 days notice as asked.
I rented a shed through Choice Storage for 3 years without a single hiccup, I only used National Storage because they were the only place with sheds available at the time, I now know why.

John B.

John B.Sydney

Happy to take your money but not give it back

I vacated a storage unit in mid February and requested my advance money to be refunded to me. Despite repeated emails and calls to their office - sadly you are forced to go through a long and tedious time-wasting exercise via a 1300 number - I am still waiting for the refund. Eight weeks later and still no money. Many excuses for the apparent delay - I'm even waiting for "the dog ate my homework" - before it finally arrives in my account. Suggest you look elsewhere for your storage solutions.

David J. Mallett

David J. MallettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Watch out to signing contracts for secure storage

We sought a pro-rata storage refund (from Croydon Park store) after providing a incorrect written notice termination (after their verbal advice) of the contract as per their National Storage Agreement (s 8.5), however due this clause and that our refund balance under this situation, that was not not equal to or greater than the full month rate hence the contracts exempted our eligibility for our pro-rata storage refund. Therefore watch out to signing contracts at National Storage

David and Anne

David and AnneHunter Region, NSW

NATIONAL STORAGE BUNDALL - TOP QUALITY SERVICE AND EXCELLENT FACILITIES

We moved interstate late 2020 and had a need for storage space for excess "stuff" while we settled.
Having purchased an apartment closeby, Bundall was the obvious choice. National Storage Bundall provided modern, clean and versatile storage options at reasonable rates and the personal service that they offered was beyond reproach. EXCELLENT.
We used 2 different sized storage units over a period of 5 months and have been very satisfied with our decision.

John

JohnGippsland, VIC

Thanks to Lydia and the team for the great service provided during my tenure with National Storage Noosa. Clean and very easy to access, would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a storage solution.

Dennis

DennisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dissapointed

Staff at Nerang Storage were great. Price I thought a bit high for a 3x4 per month. Disappointed that I was going to be charge an extra day if I did not clear storage shed on the the due date but I cleared the shed 4 days early but not offered a 4 day refund. Where’s the reasoning behind that. You should only have to pay for the days you use the shed, right! Guess not.

Jeremy Gibson

Jeremy GibsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away

Stay away from these guys their head office do not return calls or have managers that will take calls and made several promises of my refund that they took after I had vacated and also pre-paid my exit fee and then they tell me there refunds department is very busy and they also don't take calls. I have now been waiting 14 days for my refund and nothing yet.... I did also advise them that I would be writing this review and they said I should do what I felt I needed to do ....... Great customer service AY ? ...

However, the team at the Springwood Qld site where I had my unit were very helpful and considerate, but their hands were tired by head office ....

Lisa.T

Lisa.TSydney, NSW

Warehouse water leak damages. Customers left to deal with it!

Please don’t use this company, all of our files were damaged due to leaks in the warehouse roof. When I went to throw 3 wet cardboard boxes in the bin the worker told me I would be charged even though the boxes were wet due to the warehouse roof leak. Absolute rubbish service!!!

If rate scale had a 'negative' then it WOULD be 5star

Increase monthly rent 4 times in 9 months without notification. Locked out of both my units even though rent on one one was overdue, and that was only because no maintanance had been done on the place which caused my unit to flood, and they are STILL denying responsibility. Premises are not manned, are not monited 24/7 and security is non existant. Theyve charged for insurance, every month for 2 years and wont refund it (ive never agreed on insurance, i have insurance already) and staff turnover speaks for itself

goldie

goldie Victoria

Money hungry and untrustworthy

National Storage will slap you with a $10 fee for paying your bill 5 days late, with the fee increasing the later you are. There is no support for customers facing hardship, as they simply don’t care about anything but your money.

They also have just increased rent without giving any notice. No email. No phone call. No letter. Just sent the next month’s bill out at a higher rate. This sneaky tactic doesn’t sit right with me, especially during a global pandemic.

Whenever I have bought up an issue with them I have found their staff rude and argumentative and lacking sufficient customer service training.

Sheldon Faria

Sheldon FariaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad Experience. Rude Staff

Surprised to see so many good reviews. The lady at Collingwood (VIC) reception was so rude (around 12.50pm on 19th Dec). We wanted to know how to use this service to send some boxes for our friend who is a member.
She didn’t want to explain and said it’s better to use AusPost.

She was very friendly to the lady before me. So not sure why we were treated this bad. Hopefully my skin color isn’t repelling her :(

Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Cash grabbing company

National Storage were great at first. Like many people in the pandemic we needed to downsize, so we stored with this company. 5 months into the lease they wrote to me expressing thanks for being a loyal customer and that I was valued, but they are going to increase the rent by $29 a week before Christmas. I expressed that I wouldn’t pay the increase during a global pandemic and that it was offensive they asked. I said I was leaving and they told me how they would charge the next person even more because they could. You have been warned!

Rob L

Rob LPerth, WA

Unquantifiable 16% rent increase..

A cool, unquantifiable, 16% rent increase, would not recommend!

After calling them to confirm the increase they wanted me to send a letter/email to head office to contest the increase. How does anyone have the time to deal this company?

Steven F.

Steven F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dishonest

Will not keep offers even though the management emailed offer 28 days later. There reasons are that offers are only given when storage facilities are high in stock and when they are low no special prices apply .

JulesH

JulesHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgraceful company

Read the story in news.com.au, appalling company. Treating customers, and their belongings like a commodity. Taking advantage of customers going through hardship. I would never, ever trust this business and hope if you do, they don’t sell off your items they are storing.

Not to be trusted

Not to be trusted and are a bunch of fee gouging crooks. Do not deal with these people. They are very bad news and we had a very bad experience with them.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Gladesville unit flooded

My storage unit at Gladesville was flooded recently damaging family heirlooms irrevocably. There was no notice given that I should check my unit even though they were aware that there was leakage in the building. If I had been given notice I could have prevented the black mould that set in permanently damaging artwork and rugs. Do not trust your valuables with this company.

Clinton

ClintonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor after customer service

Joy

Joy

Good quality boxes (and house moving products) for a good price!

Julie A.asked

How long does a refund from national storage take

Helena
Helena

This is a good question. They take payment ever so quickly, however when asking for a refund their response is it will take up to 14 days. I had to argue my case for a refund, through continuous emails due to a error of their computer system while processing my application. Having called a few more times asking about my refund it finally turned up in my bank account after the 14 days stated by the staff member.

Julie A.

That's kind of hassle when 2they taking money in the first place they weren't meant to it seems very easy to take but very difficult y ok return

Michael O.

Michael O.asked

have purchased and fully paid for a car that is stored at national storage at kurnell nsw ,
they refused to release the car even after the previous owner talked to them and emailed them that i had purchased, they were told no probs but trucking company were refused to pick up, storage mob kept delaying release ,i received a $330 futile fee from trucking company for their two attempts to pick up car bill of sale presented to them,receive email from national storage kurnell car is all clear and could be picked up by trucking company, , 20 days later trucking company still denied pick up , stalling with excuses ,fork not working to much rubbish in front of car cannot move , trucking company will charge me another futile fee if they keep this up, i would like to get the police involved ,or sue them for not allowing access or right to my vehicle can i do this