Navman MiVue730

MPN: 3662966

50 questions from our users

THE N.

THE N.asked

Hey guys just wondering why my dashcam keeps formatting videos to MPEG4 that I cannot open nor format to other formats such as mp4 or mov

Hi THE N.

By default, the video format produced by the MiVue730 is MP4. Can you email our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au with the following details?

-Screenshot where the MPEG4 format appears
-Sample video clip captured by the dash cam
-Brand and size of the memory card used
-Firmware version of your dash cam
-Where you able to playback the recordings on the device itself?

We look forward to your email.

Frankie3213

I use VLC Media Player to watch the clips with no problem. VLC is open source/free. You can also use Handbrake to convert the files to another format. I've clipped and merged files using the standard Windows media editor as well.

Barry B

Barry Basked

I have had the Mivue 730 for a year and now it has stopped recording from March this year and NO matter what I do I cannot get it to record, why??? I have reset it twice and no difference and had a good look through all the setup data on the navman but have not been able to get it going. It actually shows that its recording in the car when going along but on the PC there are no files from March onward and no pictures.
Barry B

Frankie3213

Have you tried changing the SD card or reformatting the SD card. I had a similar issue when we first got ours where it recorded for the first few days and then stopped - reformatting the SD card fixed it. Or a new SD card might be required.

Josh
Josh

Yeah Reformat the camera first, if that doesnt work buy a new sd card.

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the question. both Frankie and Josh are on the right track. MicroSD cards to have a finite life, and do need to be maintained regularly. ensure you also use a High Endurance card, which is designed for intense read/write like in a dash camera, and not general cards like SanDisk Ultra or Samsung EVO. also be sure to back up your data once a month, and format the card to keep it in tip top shape.

josh

joshasked

when i move my recording onto my computer, no audio is with it.
it is only when i use the MiVue player that i can hear sound, which means its pretty much useless
can this be fixed?

Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the sound.

If you have sound when using Mivue manager and no sound when playing the file through another program that would indicate there is sound on the video file. have you tried updating your codecs to see if that resolves your problem?

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to contact our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

Trevor B

Trevor Basked

Just bought a Navman Mivue 730 to replace my old 530. The 530 recorded in .MOV format which worked with Mivue Manager. My new 730 records in .MP4 format which causes Mivue Manager to crash when trying to play these.

Dear Trevor B,

For online self-technical support, please visit our FAQ site: http://service.navman.com.

Alternatively, you can email our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au.

Philip U.asked

I am down loading the files to my computer but can't get sound with the video. Playback on the unit produces sound but connected to the computer via cable or direct card into card reader on the laptop doesn't have sound. What setting do I adjust?

DDR MiVue 730

Dear Philip U.

Alternatively, you can email our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au.

Ana P

Ana Pasked

Hi there
I recently reviewed some files after turning the sound recording function on in the menu.i cannot hear any sound when playing back and have checked the pc settings are ok.
Could it be the SD card fault or is there anything else i need to do? Please advise. appreciate any help i can get.
AP

Jet

Jetasked

I have the same power issues mentioned above. Both my lighter power sockets are continuous so the cam does not power off, however, my previous unit I used power from the USB slots and they are not continuous. When I try this my Navman it keeps saying trying to connect to USB...... I assume there is a voltage issue here ? Please help.

4X4Gypsy

4X4Gypsyasked

Hi, Im using a 32GB card and it is filling up too fast and i think because it is saving in both mpeg4 and also the windows format?, That means doubling up on everything, as i dont use the windows format at all, can i stop that feature to gain more space?

Phil H.

Phil H.asked

Hi I have a Mivue 730, can I turn off the G sensor completely as I have installed it in a boat and have set the sensitivity to its lowest but the every time I hit a wave at speed it records an incident

mitchell

mitchellasked

my mivue730 doesn’t record after the card is full is there a setting for this

Hi mitchell,

Sorry for the trouble. Please click here: https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131231 for the steps on how to format the card and fix the problem. Don't forget to back up your recordings before doing this.

*Note: if it's your first time visiting our FAQ site, select a region first then try the link again.

It is also worth noting that Navman Dash Cameras are only compatible with Class 10 and UHS 1 Micro SD cards. Do not use a Micro SD Card that is slower than Class 10 and or faster than U1 (e.g. U2 & U3 cards are not compatible).

Please ensure you are using a Micro SD card designed for use in Dash Cameras such as SanDisk Endurance series, Samsung Pro Endurance or Kingston Canvass Go. Faulty or incompatible Micro SD cards can cause your device to not function correctly, may arise problems with the recorded files, freeze, and even cause the device to intermittently turn off or even not power on.

For more reading please refer to our FAQ https://service.navman.com/m0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131565

Nanbar

Nanbarasked

My Mivuew seems to work ok but I checked the sd card tonight and it stopped recording in december 2018. Why is that?

Saad Ahmad

Better return it if you have warranty.

Hi Nanbar,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you have encountered, we can provide some troubleshooting steps to help resolve this.

1. Navman Dash Cameras are only compatible with Class 10 and UHS 1 Micro SD cards. Do not use a Micro SD Card that is slower than Class 10 and or faster than U1 (e.g. U2 & U3 cards are not compatible).

2. Reset the device and reinsert the microSD card. Click the link below for the steps on how to reset the device.

3. Check and update the firmware of the device.
• To check the firmware version on the MiVue Dash Cam device, go to Settings > System > Version. The latest firmware version is VJ28.03.61.BN1OS.
o You may download and install the latest version from the link below.

4. Format the microSD card using a computer CLICK HERE https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_File.aspx?bullid=AllBull&fileid=111892 to download the Auto Format patch and follow the instructions below.

Note: Before proceeding, please ensure that no other memory card or removeable drives are connected. If they are, please disconnect them. Ensure that all data on the memory card is backed up before proceeding as this process will wipe all the data off the memory card.

1) Connect the unit to your PC via USB cable.
2) Run the AutoFormat.exe file.
3) It will automatically detect the drive that the memory card is connected to.
4) Ensure that "SD" & "Optimized Format" is selected.
5) Click on "Format", it will prompt up a message stating: "It will delete all files in the media, continue?" Click YES. This process can take up between 5-10 minutes depending on the size and amount of data that is on the memory card.
6) Once completed, it will display a Success logo. Click OK and close the program down.

5. If the problem persists, please try another compatible memory card for further isolation.

I hope this helps. Otherwise, please contact us using one of the methods from the link below, and our team would be glad to assist.

Mick

Mickasked

Is this device compatable with sand disc 32 go ultra

Hi Mick,

SanDisk Ultra uses a lesser quality memory module, and as such is known to have compatibility issues. SanDisk themselves also do not recommend their use in continuous recording devices. specifically, you need to use cards which have "MLC" memory, though this is not widely advertised by the memory companies. You can use a microSD card designed for use in Dash Cameras such as SanDisk Endurance series, Samsung Pro Endurance or Kingston Canvass Go. Faulty or incompatible Micro SD cards can cause your device to not function correctly, may arise problems with the recorded files, freeze, and even cause the device to intermittently turn off or even not power on.

mjandsturnbull

mjandsturnbullasked

Will my MiVue730 continue to record once the SD card is full, ie record over old vision?

Hi mjandsturnbull,

Indeed, the MiVue 730 unit has continuous (loop) recording function. By default, the system will automatically begin with continuous recording in a few seconds after starting up. In case the microSD card is full, the old recordings saved in Normal video will be automatically deleted and replaced with the new recordings.

Please also ensure you are using a microSD card designed for use in Dash Cameras such as SanDisk Endurance series, Samsung Pro Endurance or Kingston Canvass Go. Faulty or incompatible microSD cards can cause your device to not function correctly, may arise problems with the recorded files, freeze, and even cause the device to intermittently turn off or even not power on.

Rob

Robasked

My NAVMAN DDR dash camera is not recording to my memory card (samsung 32MB). Card checks out ok. Do I have to click on the video recording setting each time I set out??
Rob Smith

Hi Rob,

The MiVue 730 dash cam would record automatically upon start up and should save the footage to your memory card. If it doesn't happen, the microSD may be prematurely failing. Best thing to do is format via the MiVUE, and see how it goes.

If still the same, we suggest to try and use a different memory card. In our experience, using microSD cards that are not suitable in continuous recording devices can cause issues like you have mentioned.

You may refer here <https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131565> for the recommended microSD card brands and types.

Please also check if you have the updated software by going to Settings>System>Version, the latest firmware version is VJ28.03.61.BN1OS. If you don't have the latest firmware, you may download and install the latest version here <https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131620>.

I hope this helps.

Denis

Denisasked

Hi,
Just installed my new 730 and all is fine, but the cig plug I connect it to is powered all the time, doesn't turn off when the ignition is off. Can the camera be made to turn off if no motion detected after a certain amount of time.?
thanks
Denis

Hi Denis,

When the MiVue730 device is connected to a constant power source, unfortunately, it will not turn off whether there's a motion detected or not. You will need to unplug the device if you don't want to use it.

Grahamvr

Grahamvrasked

Hello
I have a MiVue 730, it has worked for a few months powered by a battery pack. I love the HUD feature with extremely accurate speed and time and use this when setting cruise control.This last week it will turn on, the light stays orange for the few seconds it works, then it shuts down. I've thought to charge the internal battery, but when plugged in to any source (computer USB, car charger, power pack ) the light gives 2 short flashes 4 times, then apparently nothing happens. I've tried the reset / power button, but to no avail. I'm thinking the internal battery is kaput, but I think it cannot be replaced. Do I need to replace the entire unit?
Graham

Hi Grahamvr,

It sounds like the internal battery is no longer working. I agree with you that the battery is not replaceable. Please send your full name, phone number, address, serial number, proof of purchase and fault summary to pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au for warranty claim. Your device can be repaired/replaced depending on the assessment. Please use "Product Review_MiVue 730" as your subject line.

Saad Ahmad

My unit also have issue. It turns off right after I turn the ignition off. It. Doesn't even hold charge for few seconds. What should I do?

Hi Saad,

It is normal for the dash cam to turn off when the car's ignition turns off, as all of our MiVue units are designed to function only when connected to a constant power source. If you want to keep the device turned on even after turning of the engine, you have the option to install a power box such as the MiVue Smart Box hardwired to your car’s battery.

We recommend that you have an auto electrician to install the MiVue Smart Box. You may refer to one of the links below to purchase the MiVue Smart Box.

Australia: https://www.navman.com.au/mivue-smartbox
New Zealand: https://www.navman.co.nz/mivue-smartbox

Thank you.

Peter B

Peter Basked

Just a quick question. Just installed my new Navman 730 and all is working well. Just a query to find out if video can be download from the unit using a mini USB to USB connector Oreo I have to purchase a card reader to access the video

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting your query. glad to hear your device is working well :)

Aside from accessing the video on the dash cam itself, you can also transfer and play the recorded videos on your computer using a mini USB cable or a card reader. You can use a generic mini USB cable as long it would fit into the USB port of the device.

For more info about our products or frequently asked questions, please visit service.navman.com or www.navman.com.au / www.navman.co.nz

Brenton W

Brenton Wasked

I have a navman mivue 730 and it is stuck on one screen, can not turn off, can not do anything, why is this?

Hi Brenton,

It sounds like the unit has frozen. I would recommend a hard reset while connected to the supplied car power adapter. insert a small rod (such as a straightened paperclip) into the shutdown button beside the barcode (the camera) to shut down the device. Then press and hold the power button to turn it on.

If still the same, use a compatible memory card and then update the firmware. Please CLICK HERE <https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131565> for the recommended microSD card brands and types.

To update the firmware, you may refer here <https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131620> for the complete guide.

I hope this helps. Otherwise, don't hesitate to reach out.

ERANGA DELMasked

What are the benifits of DDR 730 GPRS option ?

Hi eranga,

Our MiVue730 doesn't use GPRS, can you confirm if you're just pertaining to the Satellite option or GPS stamp?

Thanks!

Hi
Yes, i was talking about GPS.

Bussy

Bussyasked

Hi both m work car and private cars 730 dashcams stopped recording once full. Whereas they should have over written the older files.

Any idea why?

I have formatted both and will see what happens

Cheers
Steve

Shredder
Shredder

Try resetting defaults in System Settings as well

Hi Bussy,

Please make sure that you are using a compatible microSD card.in our experience, using microSD cards that are not suitable in continuous recording devices can cause issues like you have mentioned.

You may go here <https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131565> for the recommended microSD card brands and types.

Check also if you have updated the software by going to Settings>System>Version, the latest firmware version is VJ28.03.61.BN1OS. If you don't have the latest firmware, you may download and install the latest version here <https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131620>

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Navman Support Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives