Listing monitored by Nectr

2.1
  • Rates and Fees
Cameron
CameronSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely rude door to door sales people

Extremely rude door to door sales people. I’ve had 2 interactions now with Nectr at my doorstep - it’s quite obvious they prey on people using unethical sales tactics who don’t have the full information on energy plans.

Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Feeling duped

coralie oakley
coralie oakley South East Queensland, QLD

Still no bill, after so many calls to them

Still haven't got my bill supposed to be due tomorrow 11/08 am I supposed to just paid it without seeing it, many phone calls later still NO bill,,,, going to go back to my previous electricity company

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER20
UNHAPPY CUSTOMER20South East Queensland, QLD

So far so good?

I moved over from another company as the other company’s bill was arriving closer & closer to the due date & changed their plan without notifying me. Of course, as usual, as soon as I changed they phoned me with a great new deal. Why can’t these companies look after us while we are still with them? I have just changed to Nectr & am keeping my eye on the bills. Being winter I expect it to be higher than the summer months….will get back to you in summer!

Absolute con.

Always knew never to trust door to door sales, not sure why I fell for it on this occasion...

Since changing to Nectr our bill is suddenly double what it’s ever been before.

We’ve had no changes to our property or circumstances yet the customer service tried to palm it off to us as ‘working from home’. We have always run a business from home and our bills have jumped from $160 to $310 a month.

I believe it’s due to incorrect estimated readings. Terrible customer service also, would not recommend.

Suno G.
Suno G.South East Queensland, QLD

Double check your Quote against your Billing

I signed up with a representative at a shopping centre. As per his quote and calculations I would be saving approximately $200 per annum. Upon being emailed my welcome pack I noticed that this was even higher than my current provider. I called to query this and was told that it was probably a system error with no real proper explanation. The representative came across as being upset that they have been caught out on a lie. I then immediately cancelled my contract. If this was not noticed I would have been charged more than what I was paying.

Mika
MikaSydney

Bills have doubled. They overcharge and never perform an actual read!!

Bill has doubled with all of my bills based on estimated reads.
They also charge monthly rather than quarterly.
They are the most expensive provider I've been with and are so dishonest. Customer service is also terrible. I've raised this issue multiple times with noone actually bothering to look into the issue or bills!
I'm going back to my previous provider.

NectrNectr

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Drgn
DrgnSouth East Queensland, QLD

They arent cheap at all.

So like most people I got a knock on my door and saying they are cheaper and would get 2 months electricty free. It's a lie and I have to contact them to get my $100 Credit. After 5 months with them my power bill has gone up nearly twice as much and they only do monthly bill not quarterly plus all those time they charging me it based on estimate reading hence the shocking electricity bill plus they dont offer payment installments plans like bill smoothing or something like that. Everything has to be through email or phonecall as they dont offer those services on their website or app. As they said when things sound too good to be true it is.

Jacqui G.Sydney, NSW

Misled regarding rates.

I received a high electricity bill and I was assured by the sales person that it would Basically cost me the same as the last company I was with but it is close to double. I’ve never allowed someone to sign me up, ie in a mall, I’m usually very vigilant and do it all myself…. I don’t know what came over me this time but I trusted the sales person in the mall, never again.
I was offered $100 credit for joining and am very pleased that this was still honoured when I closed my account from Nectr. Disappointed to have had to have left as I was told their electricity was more ethical.

Jacqui G.

Will do but I don’t imagine anything can be done.

NectrNectr

Thanks Jacqui. We've escalated it to the customer support team so they can give you more clarification on your bills/reasons for costs.

Josh
Joshsydney

Great energy retailer that cares about the environment and its super easy to set up via their website

I found out about Nectr from a friend who is into green energy, It took me about 5 minuets to get myself set up on the website and their plans are really transparent so no worries about exit fee's or hidden charges! the rates are fixed for 12 months and it made me a saving of almost $200 over a two month period! If you haven't already check out their website!

Tessa
TessaQueensland

Dishonest

A person recently knocked on my door and said "You're with Origin aren't you?" When I said I was this person then told me that he was just checking with people because some had been overcharged recently. He was trying to give the impression that he was from Origin but I noticed the word Nectr on his shirt. I told him I had not been overcharged to which he responded "Do you get your bill by email?". Since this was none of his business I ended the conversation. This is a very dishonest way for Nectr to be conducting their business.

Teresa Karen W.
Teresa Karen W.South East Queensland, QLD

Shopping centre at Carseldine...

Promised IF I signed-up I'd have no bill to pay for 2 monthly bills! Doing the maths... impossible. Having worked in sales myself I DISLIKE 'pressure sales' which this was.

Andrew
AndrewSydney, NSW

Excellent service

A great experience so far and have been very happy with Nectr. The call centre lady was friendly and gave me good advice on my green energy plan. I would recommend them to people looking for good customer service.

Everyday consumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Switched away from Nectr

Sweet Energy

Ive signed up and used nectr across two properties now and my experience has been nothing but positive. From signing up, receiving bills, to closing the account, the support and communication was top notch.

In my experience their support team replies to emails within a few hours.

Their billing, in contrast to other providers, is super clear and easy to follow.

Will be signing up again at the next property.

lynda h.asked

Why do i have a bill thats normally 3mths supply for mth thats ridiculous ur suppose to be cheaper and ur dearer

Annasked

My current energy provider is Origin energy and now I want to move to another energy provider. One comparison site suggested me Nectr, but I had never heard it before. Can I trust this Energy provider? is it a good decision to select them over origin energy?

Everyday consumer

They seem to be reasonable and legitimate. Actually, I switched to them for a month, but then switched back because I didn't like their marketing strategy. But, for supplying services they do seem quite reliable. Just a personal choice. I'm with Alinta for past few years.

oh Thanks, Everyday consumer. I'll think more regarding this

lynda h.

Dont do it they cheap at first then they get ridiculously high had a bill which we normally pay for 3 mths in a mths supply of electricity thats just insane and get no explanation as to why just get told thats the reading we got my energex or whoever reads the meters what a load of crap our bill has never been that high

Get an answer from our members and Nectr representatives

Other Energy Providers