NetComm AC1600 NF17ACV

NetComm AC1600 NF17ACV

Great for its price

I have had a Netcomm nf17 for almost 2 years and it has been a solid and reliable unit. For its price it performs very well on WiFi and actually exceeds the performance of the Netgear router my isp made me purchase that is meant to be far superior. Very happy with Netcomm and would purchase another one if this unit ever had any problems.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Connection speed but drops when streaming.

Got this modem pre-configured for free off ISP for FTTN. Connected at great Connection Rate but when using over wired and wireless to stream video it was very disappointing. I changed this modem for the DLink Taipan AC3200 and what a difference that made. Before it would stream between 4 and 11 Mbps constantly changing the video stream rate. Now with the DLink Taipan AC3200 it hits 15 Mbps without any issues and stays there.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Good but can be better

I got this product as part of my NBN / Voip setup. It has been working ok (it needs to be rebooted sometimes however) but my download speeds have been terrible (3-4mbps). The wireless signal does not seem to be strong enough resulting in a slow connection to my computer. I have recently purchased a TP-Link AV200 Powerline Adapter kit ($95) which has fixed the problem immediately - I am now getting 35mbps (thats a 10x speed improvement!). Would recommend this fix to others who are having connection issues.

Good Modem

Got this modem with a new FTTN NBN connection through my ISP. The modem was preconfigured, but going into the settings to change the wifi password was very easy. Wifi has a strong signal throughout the house using my laptop and streaming with Chromecast. Although I've lost wifi connection with my laptop on a couple of occasions in the past 4 months, the modem has a solid connection most of the time. Good modem for the price.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

It’s OK

I purchase this modem for connecting NBN. After changing ADAL to NBN, internet speed became very slow...(Sometime doen’t work) I am not sure this happen cause by modem or internet provider.. So, I’ll change internet provider and see how it goes. I might update review comment after using different provider later.

Works well

I Bought this modem from Mate Communicate as part of their Nbn offering. It appears to Work well and the range is better than my old Netgear modem as I can get a strong signal upstairs. It has two frequencies and is quite attractive as well. It was dead easy to set up

Date PurchasedMar 2018

So far soo good

Actually not much idea about such gear, but, did receive from Internet provider. No matter what, it liked this product and is running smoothly. More importantly, I like the colour white. Easy to connect and everything is clear in it's label. Multiple slots for the additional connection and great speed capability.

Average

Average not as strong as some, drops out quite a lot. They ok for general use not so much business use. Could also be internet connection but i think the modum just lacks strength we had a telstra modum before that was awesome but left them due to their service

Solid modem

I chose this modem as recommended by ISP providers due to my last purchase failing under load. It has dual band, great speed capability, the software is quite thorough though I miss having the basic "connected/disconnected" info which would greatly assist in diagnosing issues, signal covers whole house (just), and VOIP capability.
Really appealing entry dual band NBN modem for users

Good modem - works solidly

This is a very solid modem. The quality of the signal is not too strong but it works.
It looks good, fits a white room nicely.
Latency is minimal and the connection is pretty zippy. Considering other offerings with similar specs, this is a very cost effective option. Get it if you want a no frills router-modem.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good modem for NBN with VOIP

One of the few NBN approved modems that also have built in VOIP capability. Though I don't use the VOIP anymore, this might be a compelling reason for some to choose this modem over others.

As purely a modem router for NBN it has done its duties well. The user interface could be a bit friendlier, but usually there's very few settings required to get going.

Range could be a bit better, but it's not an issue for me.

Happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Much better

We had a (different) new Telstra modem November 2016 when NBN installed. Our speeds were pretty low. Complained and Telstra tried different things - finally sent us this new modem and since then our speeds have been where they should be with no dropouts. So we are very happy with it

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good all round router

Purchased this router from my ISP for NBN HFC. Speeds are great at (93/39) Mbps for most of the day and night although I do get some dropouts (Unsure of if it is the fault of the NTD for NBN or the router itself) maybe twice a week but switching it off and on always does the trick of gaining back a connection. It does run hot for me so i keep a small fan blowing on it to keep it cool.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Works well when it works

I had one of these supplied by my ISP for my FTTP NBN connection and when it works, it works well. Speed is excellent (90/37mbps most of the time) and range is good in my apartment. Unfortunately the 5ghz spectrum kept dropping out and sometimes a few times a day. Netcomm did not have a solution nor a new firmware to address the issue so it was very frustrating at the time.

I ended up getting a refund and bought a Linksys which is more stable.

Reliable Communication

I have had no signal dropouts since I installed my NetComm AC1600. We use it for NBN and it has medium to good range. Voip works well. Works with ADSL as well as NBN. This is a very reliable dual band modem. It is a great pleasure to use in my home office.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Trusted and reliable

I love Netcomm for routers. I owned a couple in the past and they always worked well. We do not experience any dropouts or loss of signal. the only thing that needs improvements is the range of wifi signal. When I called the company they told me that I should also purchase a wifi extender and that is an additional $100. Other than that the router works well. I would recommend this router for a medium size property.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good product

This item was provided to us when we have moved into a FBBT building. We have no issue with the product and happy with how it looks. It is easy to set up and does not need to much cords. It is reliable and dirt is easy to clean too.

Good and reliable

This modem is my main source for using the internet and it has been like an old friend. You must show it respect as it is being reliable. The speed of the modem is generally good and most times it loads up pages in a respectable amount of time. Sometimes it slows down and freezes which can be a hassle.

Works great at times

We have recently switched to NBN and this router is the one provided to us with our service provider. It works fairly well and was easy to set up. At times we have to switch it off because the internet is slow or hot working but I'm not sure if this is because of the router or the actual NBN itself.

Great!

I bought this modem under an NBN company I was going it. I thought they just wanted to sell it for a percentage and something.. but then as I research this modem, there really are very good feedbacks from it for it's price! Good thing I didn't buy other cheap ones. Good internet on this!

Date PurchasedDec 2017