NetComm AC1600 NF17ACV

• Wi-Fi Range
Kevin Bown
Kevin BownPerth, WA

Constant Drop Outs

Loose connection frequently on laptop next to it. Rebooting all the time. Streaming services on TV are pathetic with this connection with dropouts and that annoying circle with % showing. Frustration with Netcomm Wireless device

Purchased in January 2020 at Officeworks Online store for $200.00.

Am I a happy vegemite?
Am I a happy vegemite?Gold Coast

Deceptive - presents well but performs poorly

My ISP had 2 offerings, with this being the better (higher priced) option.

From the beginning I wasn't a fan. Wi-Fi range significantly less than my ADSL2 router. Also slow to upload (on pc).

After 15 months, NBN techie came to repair line and noted it was dropping packets (his words).

ISP not interested in replacement - saying it has only a 12 month warranty.

Suggest you consider other options.

Purchased in October 2018 for $199.00.

David
DavidPeel, WA

Just OK

Initially had no problems but after 18 months does not work properly even though I have not changed any setting. Unable to get both the 2.4 and 5 WiFi showing at the same time on Networks. Experts have tried to fix the problem with no success. Internet provider offered to refund the money paid for the device which I have accepted. Very disappointing.

Purchased in June 2018 for $149.00.

Jaye
JayeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easily bricked !

it’s bricked after I manually updated it to NF18acv firmware by mistake. The device would not auto update firmware and would not reject incompatible firmware. Contacted netcomm tech support, they said it’s not recoverable and situation like this is not under warranty. Very bad experience

Purchased in September 2017.

Brighty
BrightyOran Park

Great for its price

I have had a Netcomm nf17 for almost 2 years and it has been a solid and reliable unit. For its price it performs very well on WiFi and actually exceeds the performance of the Netgear router my isp made me purchase that is meant to be far superior. Very happy with Netcomm and would purchase another one if this unit ever had any problems.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Connection speed but drops when streaming.

Got this modem pre-configured for free off ISP for FTTN. Connected at great Connection Rate but when using over wired and wireless to stream video it was very disappointing. I changed this modem for the DLink Taipan AC3200 and what a difference that made. Before it would stream between 4 and 11 Mbps constantly changing the video stream rate. Now with the DLink Taipan AC3200 it hits 15 Mbps without any issues and stays there.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
ians
ianskayena

Good but can be better

I got this product as part of my NBN / Voip setup. It has been working ok (it needs to be rebooted sometimes however) but my download speeds have been terrible (3-4mbps). The wireless signal does not seem to be strong enough resulting in a slow connection to my computer. I have recently purchased a TP-Link AV200 Powerline Adapter kit ($95) which has fixed the problem immediately - I am now getting 35mbps (thats a 10x speed improvement!). Would recommend this fix to others who are having connection issues.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
BillyJ
BillyJMurrumbateman

Good Modem

Got this modem with a new FTTN NBN connection through my ISP. The modem was preconfigured, but going into the settings to change the wifi password was very easy. Wifi has a strong signal throughout the house using my laptop and streaming with Chromecast. Although I've lost wifi connection with my laptop on a couple of occasions in the past 4 months, the modem has a solid connection most of the time. Good modem for the price.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

May
MaySydney

It’s OK

I purchase this modem for connecting NBN. After changing ADAL to NBN, internet speed became very slow...(Sometime doen’t work) I am not sure this happen cause by modem or internet provider.. So, I’ll change internet provider and see how it goes. I might update review comment after using different provider later.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Kippax
KippaxCanberra 2600, ACT

Works well

I Bought this modem from Mate Communicate as part of their Nbn offering. It appears to Work well and the range is better than my old Netgear modem as I can get a strong signal upstairs. It has two frequencies and is quite attractive as well. It was dead easy to set up

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Blake
BlakeWaitara

So far soo good

Actually not much idea about such gear, but, did receive from Internet provider. No matter what, it liked this product and is running smoothly. More importantly, I like the colour white. Easy to connect and everything is clear in it's label. Multiple slots for the additional connection and great speed capability.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Steve
SteveAdelaide

Average

Average not as strong as some, drops out quite a lot. They ok for general use not so much business use. Could also be internet connection but i think the modum just lacks strength we had a telstra modum before that was awesome but left them due to their service

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Meow
MeowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Solid modem

I chose this modem as recommended by ISP providers due to my last purchase failing under load. It has dual band, great speed capability, the software is quite thorough though I miss having the basic "connected/disconnected" info which would greatly assist in diagnosing issues, signal covers whole house (just), and VOIP capability.
Really appealing entry dual band NBN modem for users

Date PurchasedSept 2017
JDD
JDDSydney

Good modem - works solidly

This is a very solid modem. The quality of the signal is not too strong but it works.
It looks good, fits a white room nicely.
Latency is minimal and the connection is pretty zippy. Considering other offerings with similar specs, this is a very cost effective option. Get it if you want a no frills router-modem.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

TinHead
TinHeadAdelaide

Good modem for NBN with VOIP

One of the few NBN approved modems that also have built in VOIP capability. Though I don't use the VOIP anymore, this might be a compelling reason for some to choose this modem over others.

As purely a modem router for NBN it has done its duties well. The user interface could be a bit friendlier, but usually there's very few settings required to get going.

Range could be a bit better, but it's not an issue for me.

Happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedApr 2017