Extremely not useful.

Extremely unstable every 10 minutes it lost connection. I had to restart it about 14 times a week( 2 times a day). And after all that is still was horrible. Strongly do not reccomend.

Purchased at not sure for $20.00.

Number of Connected Devices 2 devices
ISPnot sure

Great Modem

Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV is a fantastic modem with no complaints. I recently switched over to NBN with Aussie broadband and this is the preferred modem they recommended.
The modem syncs up perfectly and the voip phone function has perfect clear audio.
The Wireless features are fantastic with no real major difference when connected via Ethernet cable.

I highly recommend this modem for NBN connection.

Purchased for $149.00.

ISPAussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Netcomm Modem Regret

Probably the worst modem I have had the displeasure of owning. Very slow, drops out and requires resetting on a regular basis. Extremely poor support from Netcomm who are not interested in locked to ISP modems. ....Beware if your ISP provides the modem inclusive on plan. It is locked to them and they do not give you the unlock procedure should you wish to change providers @!.... Buy your own modem and Don't buy a Netcomm !....Don't say you weren't warned

Purchased at Spintel for $149.00.

Number of Connected Devices 2 devices
ISPSpinTel

Very unstable Wifi. Loosing both 2.4 and 5 Ghz

Comparing this modem/router to my previous one - I regret the purchase.

While configuration is easier and there are more options, the stability is questionable at best.

Firstly, 2.4 GHz is unusable. Same channel as the previous modem - the throughput is 15% at best.
5 Ghz, while offering better speeds than the previous one, experiences constant dropouts.

I would not buy this hardware again.

Purchased for $140.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
ISPAussie Broadband

Reliable NBN router

I have had this router for around 15 months since NBN connection and I have found it to be a good reliable device. The boot up time is nice and quick and the web interface for administrative and management functions is quite intuitive and easy to follow.
It has a dedicated WAN port and 4 ethernet ports plus two phone ports for built in VOIP. It was delivered pre-configured for my NBN ISP provider so the set up was easy. Also it has a USB port and DSL port for ADSL. It has a power on/off switch not always available on cheaper routers. As others said the indicator lights are bright but as it is in a living room that is not an issue for me, any router that does not provide a dim switch will have this issue, not uncommon.
Originally I encountered poor VOIP quality over NBN and with assistance of my ISP had to disable some codecs and reboot after which VOIP quality was probably better than my replaced PSTN analog phone service. The VOIP issue must have been known as they were right onto it with no investigation required.
The major problem and disappointment for me was the poor wireless coverage. My previous D-Link DSL2890AL covered the entire house, but the NF18ACV is deficient in this area and does not reach the other end of the house (it is installed at the rear and not centrally). I had to purchase a TP-Link wireless repeater to bridge the dead spots and that has solved the problem but it is another device consuming power.
Very occasionally I have had to reboot it due to loss of connectivity on some devices in the house or internet but I think that is expected for any home router, there will be issues from time to time.
Overall I have been happy with it until it got fried in a recent electrical storm which wiped out the WAN port.
Now I am back using the D-Link again, lucky I had a spare.
NF18ACV is a good reliable modem with good security features and won't disappoint.

Purchased for $169.00.

Works very well on my NBN HFC Connection

I bought this Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV as a deliberate alternative to my ISP's supplied router. The router connected well to my NBN HFC network and was not complicated to get the required WAN connection settings operating with the HFC equipment. The router rarely requires rebooting and is stable. I get high throughput's of 48/19Mbps on a 50Mbps Internode service nearly all the time.

There are no external antennae on the device or connections to fit any, but I find it covers the outside, 2nd storey rooms and even outside the perimeter walls where required. The 5GHz WiFi is always going to have a shorter range as it is a higher frequency.

I use the Android app 'WiFi Analyser' by Abdelrahman. I have found this to be a more accurate gauge of specific channel strength and interference for ensuring a reliable connection on devices that are at extremes of WiFi range. The 2.4GHz WiFi seems to be acceptably strong enough to get through walls, glass and a metal garage door to operate my video doorbell - but I only got a solid signal using the above mentioned app to find the most reliable strength channel - and that may require altering if someone changes their nearby channel settings. Setting the 2.4 WiFi to 40MHz decreases available channels - but can double your speeds.

I read that others dislike the WiFi - but I am having no issues in a 2-storey townhouse by paying attention to other networks around me and setting my WiFi channels accordingly to maximise their power, as well as optimising the unit's height and orientation to again maximise its output.

The security features are extensive for both LAN and WAN networks and WiFi and work well according to network probing sites.

From my experience I rate the Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV as a good buy.

Purchased for $140.00.

Number of Connected Devices 30 devices
ISPInternode

Don't waste your money

Do not buy this modem. Total waste of money. Your better off with a potato.
Very poor WiFi range.
Xbox doesn't connect a lot of times.
Phones keep dropping off WiFi.
Gets really hot.

Disgusting piece of equipment. If your happy with the above issues then buy it. But a friend's one was the same. So yeh.

Purchased for $130.00.

Painfully bright at night

I bought a preconfigured modem when my internet came mid last year. I do have a few things i'd like to point out.

- The modem is bright, My internet connection outlet is in my bedroom so It has to live in my room. Its very disappointing how there no option to turn the lights off. A simple small circle glowing green would be ideal instead of a blinking green torch getting to the bathroom at night
- The connectivity is alright, I can get it right outside the walls of my building, but on pavement it just loads...and times out.
- I had an offline printer and it was very frustrating to constantly rely on plunging the cable between the computer and the printer every time you needed something printed. Its incompatible with recognizing printers on the modem so if you use printers regular, I strongly recommend a wireless. The point of connecting the printers cable to the modem was to 'hotspot' the printer to make it live on the network.
- The power cable is very short, I think its under a meter and considering that wifi modems need to go high or close to a window, I suggest you buy an extension. The same goes if you connect the cable from the socket to the modem.
- There is no difference using Ethernet and wifi, the speeds are on and around the same.
- On the plus side it boots and connects quickly, if it took more then two minutes the house would be in chaos
- This may be my ISP but Uploading is a nightmare, I could get a coffee faster then uploading a series of documents. I could swim to cuba and back if your uploading scanned documents. Speedtest revealed it is below 0.7mbps (not megabyte).

Date PurchasedAug 2018

easy to use but poor wireless coverage

Received this modem with our NBN HFC connection. Solid speed, no dropouts and bonus that it also has VOIP functionality.. has the features expected with modern routers ie; gigabyte, usb, dual bands etc.

Easy to setup out of the box but the netcomm software is a little bit decrypt with port forwarding, adding static ip's etc.. maybe i am used to ddwrt configurations possible so it took a little bit getting used to.. will do most functions well.. However, given the lack of external antennas wireless coverage in our 3 bed house is an issue.. so if you have a large area to cover then you'll probably need additional assistance to cover the deadspots..

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Great Product Suits Our Needs

I have had this modem now since coming over to the NBN from my RSP back in November 2018. It was pre configured and has worked well with no dropouts encountered so far. It was simply a plug and play when NBN was enabled. I also have VOIP active and the wireless connectivity has been great. Suits our needs nicely, the modem seems well put together. I have had Netcomm modems in the past with no issues. I have no hesitation in recommending this to others.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Very smooth

I received the modem with NBN sign up with Aussie Broadband. Modem came pre-configured. I just plugged it into the NBN box and had all my devices set up to wifi within minutes. I have a one bed unit and I have no signal range issues. Very smooth and easy.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Very reliable - easy to use

The connectivity from the modem/router to the devices is excellent quality, the speed is fair and since I got in July 2017, I haven't had to reset it yet, it is so easy to use I forget is there! if I have to switch it off & on, it just takes one or two minutes to pick up the signal - and I have internet again, I am very satisfied with this product

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Does its job

The range is quite short, as it can drop out in about at 5 m radius, but it rarely drops out. It came pre-set up so all I had to do was plug it in. I don't understand the specific specs, but Mate Communicate sell this to make the transition process easier.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

I got this when I joined Aussie Broadband, my NBN provider.

I got this when I joined Aussie Broadband, my NBN provider. I lie in a household with three laptops connected by WIfi and a PC connected by ethernet. Our connection is 10o mb per sec and it handles this with ease. The router has a USB connection for a hard drive. I thought that this might work as a cheap media center but the r/w to the drive is so slow as to be useless for that purpose.. Over all I am very pleased with the router. woks as advertised.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

So far so good

So far everything is perfect, we’ve had this modem for over a month now. Easy to set up, quite instantaneous and it wasn’t hugely expensive. We’ve had No drop outs as of yet and the signal strength is very good. We are very happy with this product and would recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good and no issues so far

I ordered it through Mate and it has been perfect for me the last few months. it came pre-configured so i didnt have to do much to make it running. Though sometimes i have to turn off and turn on to make my internet stable, it is more to do with the service provider than the modem itself

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Wifi range is not good.

Got this modem as a part of the Exetel NBN setup. Setup was easy and it appears to be very stable. The only issue I have with it is the wifi range... it is so bad. I had to get a AP to extend the range of the WIFI to reach the other end of my house.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Easy to use

My connectivity has been great with this modem and I found it really easy to set up and personalise your connection via the IP address. I haven't experienced any dropouts yet or had any need to reset my modem. I have always used Netcomm routers as they are super reliable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Easy to set up and works well with nbn

We got given this modem by internode on the nbn and had to set it up ourselves which was pretty easy apart from having to enter in the nbn login details it was really simple menu system. The speed is good and has multi band so it supports our older and newer devices too

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Too easy!

Modem was ready to use, just plug and go. Also there was a great step by step on what to do when I ordered the modem from mate communicate, it was the first time I used nbn and had no issues with connection especially being in an apartment- signal was very strong!

Date PurchasedApr 2017