Lachy

LachyHunter Region, NSW

Didn’t think would be much I could say bad about a bank till lately

Matt

MattSydney, NSW

Home loan, variable rate with offset account

I have been with NP for over 12 months now, The customer service has been excellent. Whenever I have a problem or query and call up they are happy to help. I was thinking of refinancing as the interest rate isn’t the lowest available. I received a called back from their retention team who dropped my interest rate from 3.06% down to 2.84%. Although I know I can get better elsewhere the fact that they have made an effort and promptly answered my questions and queries means a lot. I’m still thinking of switching as another home loan provider can offer me 2.4%, but I still think they deserve this review.

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi Matt, we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback, I’ll pass this on to our team. If there is anything else we can help with, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Have a great day ^AT

Michael H.

Michael H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Be careful of their random fees

Just noticed they charged me $10 to replace an EFTPOS card that stopped working. I've never been charged by another financial service for this and the person from Newcastle Permanent did not tell me I would be charged.

LozHunter Region, NSW

Waste of time

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi Loz, I am so sorry this was your experience, I have passed this feedback on to the lenders. If you would like to chat more, please give us a call on 13 19 87 and I will be happy to help. Thanks Amelia

Loz

Thanks Amelia, but I have missed the EOFY Sale that I wanted the loan for, unless your Redbook policies become more reasonable, you probably won’t be hearing from me. Shame because I was feeling really positive about NP.

LLChatswood

LLChatswoodSydney, NSW

Better than Big 4

Newcastle Perm is the first small lender I've used and I have to say it totally exceed my expectation. The home loan rates are competitive, and customer service is way more responsive than Big 4 where once I had to wait almost 2 hours on the line to check the fixed rate break costs. Highly recommended!!

Janine W.

Janine W.

The NPBS App is terrible

I always use online banking. The NPBS App is the worst. Its laggy and often hangs and will say my log on has expired when Im just trying to sign in. On a scale of 1-10 in terms of frustration, its a 10. I get there are glitches but this app is really really terrible. I always end up going via their website. I just want this thing to work but it rarely does. Boo

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Unauthorized payments, terrible customer service. Nil return contact.

Im a long time Newcastle Perm customer, today I noticed an unauthorized payment to a payee at the exact time of a scheduled authorized payment (one second difference). I contacted Newcastle Permanent both in person and through there contact centre, I was treated like a liar and accused of authorizing the payment. I proved otherwise.
Absolutely nil acknowledgement that this was a mistake on there end, nil return contact from IT as promised. I lost money as a result. I always knew Newcastle Permanent was behind the times with internet banking, but this is scary.
Be aware.

Bunny

BunnyHunter Region, NSW

Poor internet banking service

Me and my boyfriend were trying to long on to his account to set up PayPal and could not because of his card number we try many different ways but still could not get it to work newcaslte permanent is a terrible bank and I hope to be moving banks soon please use the name Danae not the display name

Adam

AdamNorth Western Region, NSW

Home loan

Felt like I was dealing with one the big 4.
Took over 4 months to organise a home loan every month can we have a statement for all your accounts all ways asking for extra information over the Period. The customer service was Disgusting & unorganised. It’s easier to be Ordered from the taxation Department then apply for a loan through Newcastle permanent.

Pancho

PanchoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Wait till you read this one!!!

Going elsewhere

Going elsewhereSydney Surrounds, NSW

Moneygrubbing, untrustworthy

I see I'm not the only person affected by NP's opaque customer service and moneygrubbing tactics. If you think you are dealing with a trustworthy organisation because they are small and local, think again.

On my way out, never to return

Looking for a way out

Moneygrubbing sh#tty pseudo-bank with the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Read everything they send you because they will attempt to quietly effect changes to home loans (always in the bank's favour).

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Allows Scammers to Defraud People of their Money and Refuses to Help!!!!

I have been scammed out of thousands of dollars by a known professional con artist who uses Newcastle Permanent to conduct their fraudulent criminal activity under aliases. I provided factual evidence of the conducted fraud of their account holder and refused to reverse the payment. They have so far ignored the two requests from my bank to respond to the transactions in question. You are allowing criminals to conduct fraud. You are as bad as them.

Jac

JacHunter Region, NSW

Really poor service and unexpected catch in fees after paying off my home loan

Customer service rep at Raymond terrace was pushy and rude. Could not believe after 7 years paying off our home loan, finally paid off.......suddenly I got a $4.00 fee added to all my accounts for the month...leaving me 50cents in one account! I queried this and was told rudely I would have been advised of this year's ago when I opened my accounts! I had put a few of the accounts online into zero balance due to this new fee. Cheekily told the fee would continue to be added to my account anyway unless I came in and closed the account! Who would know that. After 28 years with ncle perm i am leaving to go to a better bank. So disappointing...will not recommend this bank again.

AMG

AMGSydney, NSW

Newcastle Permanent should be your first call for a home loan

Megan at Newcastle Permanent was extremely helpful in guiding me through this process. Not only was Megan very professional and easy going she always got back to me within 24 hours and always took the time to explain everything for me. Megan went the extra mile to tailor a loan perfect for my needs. My loan was a little complicated as it was a building loan first and then a home loan after the house was built. Not only were NP the first to approve my loan they were the most competitive on rates. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Megan and Newcastle Permanent.

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi AMG, thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We'll pass it directly on to Megan! Thanks ^MB

amy2016

amy2016SYDNEY

Rubbish personal loan process!

Took two weeks of phone calls, multiple emails, providing documents upon documents to be condescendingly told our small personal loan was declined because they are "conservative with our lending". A bank that doesn't want to lend money - what a gee up!! Called another bank and got approved in 10 minutes over the phone!

michael

michaelBathurst

Very poor service

Wow what an experience....
6 weeks the whole application took.
Each time i had to submit a documemt it takes 4 to 5 working days to review.

Emily Tait

Emily TaitNew Castle

Outstanding Service

good services! I recommend to all use their amazing services because they give affordable services. keep it up... again thanks:)

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi Emily, thank you for taking the time to provide some positive feedback about us. We really appreciate it! ^MB

Home Loan Rates are now higher than National Bank.

Gayle Q

Gayle Q

Difficulty accessing Internet Banking

Unable to log on to internet banking easily in past month. When I enter my account and password I have to do it 3 to 4 times before I can access my accounts. The site tells me a problem has occurred and to phone the 131987 no.
I have phoned this no twice now and the customer service members informed me there has been a change in their system. The inference made is that I might have Newcastle Permanent saved on my history and I should delete my history or I might have accessed the site incorrectly. The problem was created by you so please fix it. It should not be that difficult to access internet banking. Has anyone else out there experienced this problem recently?

Nick T.

Nick T.asked

Why can't i see my transaction history, i keep getting ''something has happened message'' when nothing has happened at all? Poor service.

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi Nick, we're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We would like to look into this for you, please give us a call on 13 19 87 and one of our team will be happy to assist. Thanks ^AT

G Bayley

G Bayleyasked

can you deposit money into a newcastle permanent building society account at the greater bank

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi G Bayley, to deposit cash in person you will have to visit a Newcastle Permanent branch – you can find your closest branch here: https://www.newcastlepermanent.com.au/#findlocalbranch. Newcastle Permanent transaction accounts also accept electronic payments from all Australian financial institutions. For more assistance, please call our Contact Centre on 13 19 87 and one of our team will be happy to help. Thanks ^AT

Kifi H.

Kifi H.asked

what you need to know before apply for community project fund?

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi Kifi, all applications for community project funding go through Newcastle Permanent Charitable Foundation. If you want to apply for funding make sure you review the eligibility criteria: https://www.newcastlepermanent.com.au/charitable-foundation/funding/eligibility-criteria and you can click to apply for funding from that page! Thanks ^MB

Get an answer from our members and Newcastle Permanent Building Society representatives