Listing monitored by Newcastle Permanent Building Society

horrible

Had to block my card as I lost it, went to get it unblocked was told I couldn't get it unblocked. I had sent multiple emails to them and didn't get a response. Absolutely rude employees. I was a 14-year-old and I was being told I couldn't get my card unblocked or a new one sent out because my parent didn't consent. When they have documented proof of parental consent to allow me to have full control of my account.

Ryan B.
Ryan B.Murray Region, NSW

Poor Customer Service, no written communication with customer after loan draw down!

We recently settled our house loan, new land loan and paid another $200k off our build loan at close to $800k (paid back)

Its been over 3 weeks, and we still have not received any communication from the bank about the settlement of these loans, the pay out figures and our new interest rates.

Their customer service is pretty much non-existant. I'll be moving away from Newcastle Permanent when I've had a chance to shop around!

very disappointed, as we had close to $1.4M in loans with you!

Ian
IanRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Disappointed customer

Disappointed customer, Monday 7th June, 10 am l drove to Ballina to bank a substantial cheque only to find bank closed. How can a bank expect to retain customers if there is no service ,doors closed at prime time , no reasons given or explanation as to when it may reopen if at all . Just a sign “ temporarily closed” Sorry you have lost me.

Home loan lending

Sensational great customer service, very professional able to work around my work schedule and available at numerous branches , many thanks to Nicole Gardner and the girls from the Lake Mumorah branch

Lerma
Lerma Hunter Region, NSW

Terrible customer service

I applied a car loan but I was rejected because I don't have a credit history woow I couldn't believe it, and yet it's obvious that I can afford to pay my loan because it shows on my documents. It's sounds like no credits history no loan policy? The way they explained it doesnt make sense. But for me it's like a sign of racism but it's fine I remain as their client and I keep it in mind that i was rejected because of NO CREDIT HISTORY.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Customer
Customer

Terrible customer support

I noticed a long term mistake on their side that could cost me money as a result of their negligence. And asked them about it via internet banking account. My e-mail had a few questions. First they ignored the one they didn't want to answer. Then when I repeated the question they stopped replying at all. I am going to switch to another lender. Fingers crossed.

Oli
Oli

Difficult to use

I find this bank difficult to use. They send me newsletters which I can't read because they are password protected. Been also blocked from internet banking and asked to call back. Spent ages on the phone waiting then eventually was given an option to leave a message for a call back. Haven't got that yet either.

Application Process
Helen
Helen Hunter Region, NSW

Refinancing

Really poor service. I was asked to provide documents in relation to refinancing a loan only to be told as I pulled up to have the meeting that they would not go ahead. The man who organised the meeting was interrogating me about a credit card debt which he accused me of on selling. Just abominable behaviour and very unprofessional.

skk f.
skk f.

Rude customer service

Lachy
LachyHunter Region, NSW

Didn’t think would be much I could say bad about a bank till lately

Matt
MattSydney, NSW

Home loan, variable rate with offset account

I have been with NP for over 12 months now, The customer service has been excellent. Whenever I have a problem or query and call up they are happy to help. I was thinking of refinancing as the interest rate isn’t the lowest available. I received a called back from their retention team who dropped my interest rate from 3.06% down to 2.84%. Although I know I can get better elsewhere the fact that they have made an effort and promptly answered my questions and queries means a lot. I’m still thinking of switching as another home loan provider can offer me 2.4%, but I still think they deserve this review.

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi Matt, we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback, I’ll pass this on to our team. If there is anything else we can help with, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Have a great day ^AT

Michael H.
Michael H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Be careful of their random fees

Just noticed they charged me $10 to replace an EFTPOS card that stopped working. I've never been charged by another financial service for this and the person from Newcastle Permanent did not tell me I would be charged.

LozHunter Region, NSW

Waste of time

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi Loz, I am so sorry this was your experience, I have passed this feedback on to the lenders. If you would like to chat more, please give us a call on 13 19 87 and I will be happy to help. Thanks Amelia

Loz

Thanks Amelia, but I have missed the EOFY Sale that I wanted the loan for, unless your Redbook policies become more reasonable, you probably won’t be hearing from me. Shame because I was feeling really positive about NP.

LLChatswood
LLChatswoodSydney, NSW

Better than Big 4

Newcastle Perm is the first small lender I've used and I have to say it totally exceed my expectation. The home loan rates are competitive, and customer service is way more responsive than Big 4 where once I had to wait almost 2 hours on the line to check the fixed rate break costs. Highly recommended!!

Janine W.
Janine W.

The NPBS App is terrible

I always use online banking. The NPBS App is the worst. Its laggy and often hangs and will say my log on has expired when Im just trying to sign in. On a scale of 1-10 in terms of frustration, its a 10. I get there are glitches but this app is really really terrible. I always end up going via their website. I just want this thing to work but it rarely does. Boo

Read more reviews - page 2

Nick T.
Nick T.asked

Why can't i see my transaction history, i keep getting ''something has happened message'' when nothing has happened at all? Poor service.

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi Nick, we're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We would like to look into this for you, please give us a call on 13 19 87 and one of our team will be happy to assist. Thanks ^AT

G Bayley
G Bayleyasked

can you deposit money into a newcastle permanent building society account at the greater bank

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi G Bayley, to deposit cash in person you will have to visit a Newcastle Permanent branch – you can find your closest branch here: https://www.newcastlepermanent.com.au/#findlocalbranch. Newcastle Permanent transaction accounts also accept electronic payments from all Australian financial institutions. For more assistance, please call our Contact Centre on 13 19 87 and one of our team will be happy to help. Thanks ^AT

Kifi H.
Kifi H.asked

what you need to know before apply for community project fund?

Newcastle P.Newcastle Permanent Building Society

Hi Kifi, all applications for community project funding go through Newcastle Permanent Charitable Foundation. If you want to apply for funding make sure you review the eligibility criteria: https://www.newcastlepermanent.com.au/charitable-foundation/funding/eligibility-criteria and you can click to apply for funding from that page! Thanks ^MB

See all Newcastle Permanent Building Society questions

Get an answer from our members and Newcastle Permanent Building Society representatives