Nexus Holidays

Nexus Holidays

• Trip Completed Yes (38) · No (17)
  • Ease of Booking

Has anyone managed to get an answer or reply?!?

Has anyone actually managed to get a reply? I have been trying to contact them for month. They can’t blame covid for not answering emails as they can do this from home. Worst company ever for not keeping in contact. It was bad enough they didn’t confirm my trip cancelation until the week before but I cannot get anyone to answer me at all.

Miss cm
Miss cm

Absolute crap company. Don’t book with them

Canadian Rockies & Alaska Cruise

Have been trying to secure a refund with this company since Covid began. They finally answered my email with misinformation and bad English. We sill never deal with this company again.

twip

twip

NEXUS HOLIDAYS

This company has been nothing but trouble. They do not honour their website information nor do they honour what they tell you in emails. Pre covid they would not even talk to you personally nor answer any questions except in email form - even general ones. They refused to give me the names of the people -managers and supervisors who refused to talk to me ( I only wanted to ask general questions but the lady who answered the phone could not even answer the most basic question) and then said to direct all complaints to those supervisors. They were also hacked and did not notify anyone. Avoid this company at all costs as you will lose out money as well as just difficult to deal with.

Find out how Nexus Holidays compares to other Booking Services

Thieves. WORST TRAVEL COMPANY EVER.

Booked china 10 day trip

Booked with WEBJET for our trip for 20 april 2020. by january they were emailing us saying that we needed to deal with nexus their travelling partners for information about covid19 so they dumped us and passed the buck to a useless agent like nexus who said that if our trip is cancelled from Covid-19 that they would refund us.as of today we have had no further contact from them at all .both these travel agents are absolutely useless for your own sake stay away it will cause you a great deal of stress pain and mostly a large whole in your pocket like all of us on these reviews.

Tania

TaniaSydney, NSW

Don't deal with nexus holidays

We also booked to go to China in May 2020. Paid a deposit through Webjet of $1078, due to Covid-19 the tour was cancelled. Webjet didn't wanted to deal with it and palmed it off the Nexus Holidays. We were told by Nexus Holidays we will only get a partial refund and have a non-refund amount of $400. The partial refund will take 12 weeks, not even sure we would receive this amount. A loss of 37% is a substantial amount for us as we are pensioners. We will not deal with webjet or nexus holidays again.

G B.

G B.Perth, WA

NEXUS HOLIDAY where is my REFUND?!

Vanessa

VanessaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would like to say how happy I am with Nexus Holidays since they refunded all my holiday expenses. I want to thank Kumi in particular for her dedication and hard work. I would definitley book with Nexus Holidays again once this Covid 19 pandemic is over.

Carol Sunshine Coast

Carol Sunshine CoastSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hard company to deal with

We too are booked to go to China May 2020. Nexsus travel told our travel agent we have to wait until end or March for more details about a possible refund but not without a fee of $400 each OR whether we can change destination again not without a fee of $400 each and the. The destination may cost more too!! They too have also said that they will still be touring at this stage in May WTH??? Are they crazy. Honestly bad feedback so far and not feeling very confident. Such a shame there are companies like this who really don’t give a damn about this coronavirus pandaemic and those who are wanting a fair square refund. It’s not like they still don’t have our monies. Not happy at all.

NobleNick

NobleNickCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Only because 0 stars isn't possible. Send them broke.

Steve

SteveMurray Region, NSW

Not Happy

We have a 13 day trip to China mid May booked in Oct 2019. Have found out that Nexus want to charge $520 pp to cancel. They have offered another trip next year but it will cost another $300pp which doesn’t suit. They won’t confirm if our May trip is going ahead until mid April because, I believe if Nexus cancel they would have to refund whereas if we cancel we will lose over $1000. It’s hard to know what rights we have. I have logged a message with Consumer Affairs but they say it might take 15 business days to get back to me. Is there anyone with suggestions on the best way to go in this situation.

Booking TypeFlights and Tour

Nexus Holidays China

TAD

TADGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nexus NEVER AGAIN

Booked a china Holiday package tour in July 2019, for travel in early March 2020. Due to corona virus had to cancel the trip. They are withholding $580 for lost deposits and their admin fees.. exorbitant and ridiculous. Today I get an email that I am being deducted a further $100 due to cash back scheme. This scheme was applying for a debit card which was supposed to be loaded with the $100. I NEVER completed the process as I didn't want another card!!! Never Ever again will I book thru Webjet or Nexus. I found cheaper deals at the time but mistakenly thought better to go with a reputable company!

Maree54

Maree54Goulburn Valley, VIC

Don't Bother

We had a trip to China in Oct- Nov 2019, while the sights were interesting and the people we were travelling with were fantastic, Nexus organisation was poor. Accomodation was average not 4 star as believed to be, constantly on and off buses, same food every day on day trips, we hardly had time to enjoy any of the accomodation facilities as we were always getting there late. some didn't even have room service and we were so far away from anything where we could go for a walk and get something, we were actually left on the bus for 2 hours while some of the people we were travelling with were out on a river cruise and this was at night, we could have been at our accomodation. Never again.

Josh

JoshPerth, WA

PRO TRAVELER REVIEW OF NEXUS

Bevo00

Bevo00Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nexus Rip Off

We cancelled our trip to China booked six months ago due to the corona virus. Nexus claim they can’t give a full refund and want to keep $450 of our full payment.
This is against the law we will take this further. Stay away from these sharks

Booking TypeAccommodation and Flights

Could have been better

Booking TypeAccommodation, Flights, Tour and Visa

Pre paid tipping rip off!

Nexus took $160 from each passanger on a 38 passenger bus 16 day "Timeless Japan tour" this amounted to $6080!!!!
When challenged about this scam they simply blamed the contractor and said that the only guide was lucky..one guide.. $6080 something here needs to watched when dealing with Nexus

Sticks

Sticksasked

Are Nexus holidays still operating ?

Ireneasked

I am in the same boat from 12 day China Trip + 3 day Yatzee River Cruise April 2020. I had travel insurance with Budget Direct (not through Nexus) but I think the travel insurance might be in cahoots with Nexus, they want proof the trip was cancelled (hello there's a pandemic going on in April 2020). Nexus is not responding to my emails I have sent at least a dozen with no response. All I need is a letter to say the trip was cancelled by the won't do it. I have lost over $6000. I cannot understand how they can get away with this both Nexus and Travel insurance companies. Surely their dodgy actions need to be looked at by authorities.

Bill Boyasked

We are owed a total of &
$5,398.00 and were promised at least a refund of $3,348.00 which has not happened. Nexus took details of our Bank account but no longer respond to questions as to why no refund. I am of the opinion this is a criminal offence under Australia’s Law and why is the Federal Police not taking action? Nexus are pulling the same scam on dozens of Aussies who lost holidays with them,

Irene

Billy Boy I am in the same boat from China Trip April 2020. I had travel insurance with Budget Direct (not through Nexus) but I think the travel insurance might be in cahoots with Nexus, they want proof the trip was cancelled (hello there's a pandemic going on in April 2020). Nexus is not responding to my emails I have sent at least a dozen with no response. All I need is a letter to say the trip was cancelled by the won't do it. I have lost over $6000. I cannot understand how they can get away with this both Nexus and Travel insurance companies.

Bill Boy

Hi, I contacted the Accc and let them know that Nexus (and Webjet) are run by the Chinese Government. ACCC asked if I was happy for them to contact Nexus Re. My missing refund - two days later my refund was in my Bank account! This shonky mob hang back until leaned on by a Department with some clout. They are in simple words thieves. Get on to the ACCC let them know you are being ignored and owed the money you paid out. Tell them the full story.
Take care,
Bill

burke1961
burke1961

Bill boy, can you tell us the name of the person you dealt with at the ACCC?