1.4

• <1 week (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (9)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (18)

Do not use

My family purchased this insurance in 2019, and when it come money very bad, deny any claims whether correct or not, they don’t care a bout you, they only want your money. Do not use under any circumstance.

DestinationAustralia

Vincent D.Sydney, NSW

BUYER BEWARE

Used NIB via Qantas. They use a technicality (Government restrictions not covered) to weasel out of COVID claims. My entire company is now banning the use of NIB for all travel going forward, as NIB have refused claims for a number of staff across a number of situations in the last 12 months. Your business is at risk of you depend on NIB to keep your staff travel risks manageable.

nibnib

Thanks for clarifying, Vincent. In the letters provided by Customer Relations, they provide additional steps for escalation. You are welcome to follow these for additional reviews of the decisions made on your claim.

All the best,
Brenden

Traveller

Traveller

Great outcome after overseas travel cancelled

We had purchased a Qantas/NIB annual travel policy which we would no longer need as everything began to be cancelled. We were offered a few options which weren’t really suitable as we do not know when we will be able to travel again. This week we achieved the best possible outcome and were very happy with the customer service provided. Thank you NIB

Rick C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just make excuses not to pay

Took out comprehensive insurance and when events were cancelled they just blame everything on Covid. Why have insurances if they don’t pay when you lose your money?????
When something goes wrong they just deny your claim. I will never insure with NIB again.

Rick C.

I don’t agree with their decision and indeed I have requested a review already. Easy to sit there and blame everything on Covid and Government shutdown but that was a false (bull dust) conclusion. All just excuses. I will fight this all the way.

Will

WillMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

DISGRACEFUL

Have used NIB before many times for domestic travel in Australia, sent them an email in April 2020 and received an Auto email response on 30/04/2020 that some one would respond to my query. STILL WAITING and today is the 8th September 2020 Only are small $ amount but were is the manners and politeness to reply. Lack a very serious attitude of responsibility.

JEGSydney Surrounds, NSW

Never use again

After paying $600 for a annual insurance certificate taken out last Sept certificate and numerous phone calls, emails asking for a refund. Offered a extension until Mar 2021 but no flights! - I was finally notified this week I will receive $301.00 back.
1. Why this amount and not $600 for used policy
2. After 25 years with the Health Insurance - this is how you are treated!!! Customer loyalty does mean a thing.
3. Lack of courtesy to my travel agency, lack of follow up.
4. Companies that look after there customers during Covid will be rewarded once this is all over.

Do not use

Bad value for money, deny any claims whether correct or not, they don't answer phones, they don't care about you, they only want your money. Do not use under any circumstances.
Still, no answers and they are just shoving this under the carpet, terrible service, they just deny everything and hang up, after waiting hours to talk to anyone.

Greg
Greg
nibnib

Thank you for confirming. I'll request they attempt calling you today.

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No wonder the reviews

Mel Darwin flight insurance not payed due to COVID-19 restrictions..That were put on there site jan 31 … Insurance was purchased 22 feb .. really..COVID 19 in Australia end of jan .. me and my family will never use NIB for anything..

Disappointed

Local flight had nothing to do with China’s COVID-19.. there was no covid in Australia at time of insurance purchase..

nibnib

Thank you for replying. Feedback, such as this, can be taken into account by the team upon request of a review of your claims decision. Please advise if you would like assistance in requesting a review.

Regards,
Brenden

Sue G

Sue GVictoria

Excellent Outcome

nateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Will never purchase this dud product again

I purchased nib travel insurance, made a claim in April for COVID-19 related travel cancellations and was rejected in Aug (yes, no joke) because I wasn't covered for government imposed restrictions. Useless annual policy, useless when it was actually needed. Don't buy this product from nib, they'll take your money and give you nothing for it.

nib, you've lost a customer for life. I couldn't care less what your exclusions are, if your product after purchase covers me for nothing and is useless for the rest of the policy period, it was a waste of money that I regret purchasing and I want to warn other consumers not to make the mistake I did. I'll also take this to the ombudsman because I believe I am due a partial refund on the policy.

Michael M.

Michael M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What a waste of money

Wow what a waste of travel insurance. Travel claim denied as they don't pay out due to government travel restrictions... (Took them nearly a month to tell me that). Booked hotel back in October for stay in June ... nope not covered.
Oh and as we can't travel (and they don't pay out), asked about getting a refund on policy for remainder of term... (4 months) nope sorry not in cooling off period - nothing we can do.

Whats the point NIB? Times like this go to show who actually care for their customers. Much better insurance providers out there.

Nazzareno Demaio

Nazzareno Demaio

Disgraceful reasons for not obtaining a refund

Anthony L.

Anthony L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgraceful - Can't even get response on claim, or have them answer the phone, after 4 months!!!!

Luke C

Luke CSydney Surrounds, NSW

Avoid NIB Travel

I purchased an annual policy in December 2019. Since COVID19 came around and all my travel was cancelled and the policy was useless due to it being a pandemic. Despite this, NIB Travel refused to refund or partially refund my policy. Many other providers have refunded their customers and this is poor form. I am paying for a policy that is useless and that I could never make a claim on. Very poor form and I will never be using this company again.

Hi Luke,
Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to look into this for you but I just need a few more details. I'll send you a private message now.
Regards,
Brenden - Customer Experience

Elby

ElbySouth East Queensland, QLD

I purchased my Travel insurance in Nov 19 direct from Nib for our World cruise in May 2020 which never sailed due to the Corona Virus, I was offered a credit which was of no use to us due to the limitations and I communicated further and Nib cancelled my policy and has paid me a full refund for which I am eternally thankful

nibnib

Hi Elby! So glad we were able to assist. Hopefully you'll be planning for that cruise again soon.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Never use NIB travel insurance

Purchased travel insurance through Qantas, but ended up with NIB. Due to the Covid 19 we could not travel. Asked for date changes and have not got a response. Recommend you use another travel insurance company

Nick

NickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Took over two months, ignored documents, refused to pay due to COVID-19 even though case had nothing to do with it.

Horrible service. Ignored a lot of documents, took over two months, sloppy and unprofessional.

Even though our cancellation was not related to COVID-19, NIB still refused claim because of COVID-19. It is their blanket excuse not to pay.

Do not use this dishonest service!

Cancelling health insurance all together.

Dave

DaveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not use NIB - cannot believe they are affiliated with Qantas

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
outlook

outlookWestern Australia

Full refund at last. Thank you NIB Qantas

Derek Krause

Derek KrauseMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Please improve your options regarding self service and info.