Nissan X-Trail T32.I

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible Car, with residual issues and weak after sale services

The car came with rattle and odd vibration, back to the dealer but no proper action just got the car and returned it after couple of days, contacted with head office, inappropriate customer service, never recommend to buy a Nissan.

Nissan scarified quality and removed some essential and standard items and replaced them by some features in the cabin and 360 cameras.

Purchased in June 2016.

Year2016

Johanna Bradley

Johanna BradleyFar North Queensland, QLD

Not entirely happy

Purchased in April 2019 for $19,000.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2015
darthkettle

darthkettleHobart, TAS

Really good family car

Purchased in September 2014 for $38,000.00.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
BoughtNew
Year2014
LaurenM

LaurenMSouth East Queensland, QLD

An absolute gem of a car

This car is incredible. Beautiful to look at, amazing to drive, easy on fuel, reliable, roomy, safe and cheap to maintain. The interior is comfortable and easy to clean. The push button start and keyless entry is lush. I'm so in love with this car and will recommend it over and over again.

Purchased in February 2019 at Westpoint Autos for $15,500.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2014

SteveS

SteveSBrisbane

First SUV and couldn't be happier after four years' ownership.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
DriveFWD

Saurabh

Saurabh

Perfect 7 seater.

This is by far the most value for money we have bought and we have changed cars couple of times. No nonsense car and will never fail you. Love it. Fuel economy is good and service is only once a year. Great boot space and great back seat legroom. The back seats in the 7 seater for kids only, dont expect grown up to sit there.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

MJD

MJDAlbury

Love it!

Use daily for work and also road trips. Never had any issues. Drives smoothly. Lots of space in the back and in the boot. You can barely notice the transmission changing gears. The NissanConnect app is very poorly designed but the features it purports to use are ones we wouldn't use anyway.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Drive4WD
Susiii

SusiiiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My 2nd X-Trail and I love it!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ripu

RipuMelbourne

Great Economical SUV

This car is being used everyday for our family. Really good value for money with enough room for 7 people. Eco mode option is very useful to save petrol these days. Enough power to carry 7 people. Reversing camera is very useful for parking. Looks great inside out. Very happy with the performance so far.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Marslo

MarsloAdelaide

Cheap and cheerful

Picked up a 2016 base model 2 liter manual for a good price. Up to 17000kms.
Motor underpowered needs reving to go anywhere. Problem is greater with a/c running. Clutch makes clicking noise after 5k. Gearbox notchy supposed to get better with age. Ride can get jiggly over smaller bumps.
Fuel Economy is ok regularly get under 8L/100kms around town. Using castrol edge 5w30 full syn.
Seats are comfy for normal driving and everything works so far. Easy access in engine bay for servicing etc.
Also my Chinese smart phone won't connect to Bluetooth. Samsung works fine.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedSep 2017

Russ

Russ

Great family SUV

Great on fuel for an SUV, plenty of power and so easy to park. This is our main family car and we have had it 2.5yrs and will most likely buy another when we trade in. Great tech, very comfy and brilliant with camera views for parking and manouvering in tight spaces. Ti model.has some great features and handles very well in all conditions. Very safe and reliable family car. First Nissan we have owned and extremely happy with it.

BadgeTi
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Cal

CalFar North Queensland, QLD

Inferior paint on body of car

I prev had an xtrail for 10 years, so for me it was a no brainer, as mine still looked brand new after 10 years, and drove excellently. This time I bought a 2016 model. Both my prev xtrail and this have had paint protection done pre delivery. Now, not quite 2 years later, having done only 11,000ks, and always garaged, my car has chips in the paint in quite a few places. It seems that if anyone accidentally nudges my car with their door, they take the paint back to bare metal. Seriously feel like they left a few coats of my paintwork when manufacturing. So devastatingly, disappointed. Would not buy another xtrail unless this was proven to be rectified.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Anoushka

AnoushkaPerth

Great Car!

Use this car all the time - from commuting to work to family road-trips. It has a great interior look with leather seats which are very easy to clean especially with our dog constantly shedding her hair. The front seat warmers are a cute feature i use a lot more than I originally expected i would.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Anita

Anita

Love my Xtrail

I previously owned an X-trail and when looking for a new car, cam back to buy another X-trail! I love that it's spacious, has added features like front seat warmers and rear air conditioning vent, it's very economical to drive and was affordable compared to other similar cars. My only down point on this model is the back seats don't fold down flat (my previous model did) but that's because they can be moved forward ad back for extra leg room

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Clive

CliveRobina

Terrific Car

Love my STL. It’s roomy, has a safe feeling about it. Economical on a trip. If I had one fault it is opening and closing the boot. Not really my Xtrails fault as I have quite bad hands. I would definitely recommend the Xtrail, sales and service at Von Bibra second to none. Best family car ever.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Perfect for me

I purchased my Xtrail in Dec 15 and have not had one ounce of trouble with it. I’ve driven it from Perth to Sydney and back again 10 months later towing a box trailer. Fuel economy is fantastic and the interior features are great. For a seven seater it is ideal for my young family. Leg room is great in front and back.
The only issue I have is that the headlights are not bright enough being 60W high beams. The interior lights are not real bright either but these can be changed to led’s.
Getting close to 840km per tank gives exceptional fuel economy

Date PurchasedDec 2015

nwck1

nwck1Warwick

Great SUV with lot of features

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Tngo

TngoAU

All my friends get jealous how good it is

Though I didn't try the old x trail, the new one got me right the first day. The stl model 7 seats got me to all occasions from moving house, family get away, and tricky parking( thanks to the 360 camera),the car just got smooth acceleration when comparing to those hire cars I have driven, light steering. No doubt it is 2017 best suv of the world

Date PurchasedMay 2016

ZHR

ZHRAdelaide

Waste of money, this is not a Japanese Quality

I bought one brand new from official dealer in Adelaide in June 2016.
The car has started making extra noise just after 2 days, I took it to several official nissan service centers especially several times to main north nissan in Adelaide, this issue is still annoys me and making extra noise like trucks. The most weird answer was this is a characteristic of nissan that means they know this car makes a lot of extra noise due to low quality material and factory quality control.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

ssen1701asked

t31 door opens and closes intermittently sometimes will not close or open

David Forbes

David Forbesasked

Bonnet edge will not allow wind screen washer to work. Washers work OK if bonnet is not fully locked. Bonnet edge will not allow W/S wipers to be opened to allow blade replacement or W/S to be cleaned manually

Jade
Jade

Correct. Need to open bonnet to replace wiper blades.

ben dover
ben dover

You need to open the bonnet to replace the blades

Get an answer from our members and Nissan representatives

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST-L (5-Seat 4WD)
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST-L (5-Seat 4WD) (2014-2017)

Nissan X-Trail T32.I TL Manual
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I TL Manual (2014-2017)

No reviews
Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST (2.0L Manual)
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST (2.0L Manual) (2014-2017)

Nissan X-Trail T32.I TL CVT
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I TL CVT (2014-2017)

Nissan X-Trail T32.I TS Manual
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I TS Manual (2014-2017)

No reviews
Nissan X-Trail T32.I TS CVT
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I TS CVT (2014-2017)

Nissan X-Trail T32.I Ti
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I Ti (2014-2017)

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST (2.5L 5-Seat CVT FWD)
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST (2.5L 5-Seat CVT FWD) (2014-2017)

1 review
Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST-L (7-Seat FWD)
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST-L (7-Seat FWD) (2014-2017)

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST-L (5-Seat FWD)
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST-L (5-Seat FWD) (2014-2017)

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST (2.5L 5-Seat CVT 4WD)
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST (2.5L 5-Seat CVT 4WD) (2014-2017)

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST (2.5L 7-Seat CVT FWD)
  • Discontinued

Nissan X-Trail T32.I ST (2.5L 7-Seat CVT FWD) (2014-2017)

CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $39,490$46,580$27,990$46,280$35,680$35,380$45,190$30,490$38,090$36,590$33,980$31,990
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)ManualManualContinuously Variable (CVT)ManualContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolDieselPetrolDieselDieselDieselPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels17" Alloy18" Alloy17" Alloy18" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy18" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors555555555555
Seats555555557557
Fuel Consumption8.3 L/100km5.3 L/100km8.2 L/100km5.3 L/100km5.3 L/100km5.3 L/100km8.3 L/100km7.9 L/100km8.1 L/100km7.9 L/100km8.3 L/100km8.1 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.5L
Max Power126kW @ 6000rpm96kW @ 4000rpm106kW @ 6000rpm96kW @ 4000rpm96kW @ 4000rpm96kW @ 4000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque226Nm @ 4400rpm320Nm @ 1750rpm200Nm @ 4400rpm320Nm @ 1750rpm320Nm @ 1750rpm320Nm @ 1750rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,500 kg2,000 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg2,000 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateMar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014Mar 2014
Discontinuation dateApr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017Apr 2017
Compare all Nissan X-Trail