NRMA Car Insurance

NRMA Car Insurance

If i could leave 0 stars i would.

Had a car accident wasent my fault, called up a day after gave them the police report number, and what towing company my car was held at , towing company called me wondering why nrma didnt come pick up the vechile a week later, 2 days before i was due to pick up my car was told i have to pay 800 excess, due to the police report jst being filed apprantly although they had 4 weeks to sort it out, if i didnt call they wouldnt of bothered to get a copy of the police report, called 4 times , on phone for over n hr got told they cant waive the excess, stood my ground, and micrously he could waive it, useless company, will be choosing another insurer when my policy is up .

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Guri Singh

Guri SinghSydney, NSW

unreliable and unsupportive NRMA

Car ModelVolkswagen Golf 7
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019

Unprofessional

I have sent numerous emails questioning the increase in my annual policy. The reasons they presented regarding why my policy has increased, do not logically make sense. Instead of actually responding to my emails, they just ignore them. Very unprofessional.
NRMA gave me a blanket statement about parts being harder to source etc as well as other 'reasons'. My car is 4years old and one of the most common vehicles on the road.
If I take into account their 'reasons' for the increase, add on the common sense approach that market value DECREASES and that my details remain the same, logic says policies should stay the same as previous years. Not an INCREASE. From reading other reviews, seems like a lot of other people have the same complaint.

Lola

LolaSydney Surrounds, NSW

No option to give zero stars

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelLand Rover Defender 130

LindsaySydney, NSW

NOT HAPPY.

terrible service. lodged a claim three weeks ago i have rung them repeatedly,sent emails, sent messages on website, messages on FB BUT these people refuse to get back to me or organise a hire they said they would and which is in my policy...

Car Modelholden

Rony

RonySydney, NSW

30 percent higher than last year even with no accidents

I am with nrma from 5 years now 30percent higher than last year and I can’t cancel because Month to month instalment ,I have more than 5 policies now going somewhere else to save s

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelToyota HiLux MK7.II (2008-2011)

Barry Meredith

Barry MeredithNorthern Region, NSW

30 years with NRMA used to be good value ,now questionable.

30 years with NRMA .Four other policies including another vehicle and caravan plus property.No claims ever with the vehicle a 2010 Grand Cherokee ,(only one other claim of any sort in total),yet value of the vehicle goes down 11% ,which I understand,.The premium goes up 9%.!! The excuse was parts are getting harder to find.Absolute rubbish.I have been in the auto industry for 50 years so know a little re parts supply etc. NRMA make a big deal about the 30 years loyalty discount, yet Budget would match the new premium straight up.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelJeep Grand Cherokee WH

Munir M.

Munir M.Sydney, NSW

Hopeless customer service

Awful experience! Worst customer service!
I called today to update / renew my policy and experienced pathetic low class behavior by Customer service staff.
When I asked to speak to the supervisor, I was told that supervisor is not available and he/she will call me back between 3-5 working days. (I was put on hold for 25 minutes)

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party and Third Party Property Damage

DevSydney, NSW

Quite reliable and professional

3+ years with NRMA. Policy is good value but there is not a good loyalty discount. Infact my premium went higher for my 3rd year compared to previous years. Thats a shame since the customer service told me that the same area where I have been living may be considered more risky this year from last! I am not very happy with that as personally I have not heard of any major crime increase in the area. However, I did make a no fault claim and NRMA was excellent with the replacement car. They even helped increasing the car rental duration as well.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Appalling service!

Trying to follow up the usual farcical situation with NRMA. My elderly mother was involved in an accident - not her fault - as the young driver that hit her admitted to using his phone! Hours on hold and mixed messages. Everyone outside the NRMA she has spoken to describes NRMA as the WORST company to deal with. Unhelpful to the point of obstruction, advising repairers to cut corners, overly expensive and downright rude. We are appalled by the lack of care and support for their customers. I will advise her to change insurance companies, and suggest that others do the same.

Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo
kate

An hour spent on hold has used her phone data and left her vulnerable! How can NRMA countenance that their phone numbers be not free calls for their customers?

Ace

Customer service guy is rude

Car ModelAudi Q5
Ace

[Number Removed] you should have my details if you have this policy number

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Ace, to protect our customers privacy we need you to confirm 5 points of ID. This protects your details from people looking them up without your permission. Please click the link provided above if you would like to follow up your review. ~ Jono

Jon D.

Jon D.South East Queensland, QLD

Customer service and website not customer friendly or useful

Every year I have to contact NRMA to adjust my policies insurance values as they upping them and the cost.
not a big deal but a pain. But now I ask them to email the updated policy and they send you a link to retrieve it, will this is where the fun begins. five computer screens later thinking to myself what type of service is this why are they pushing to the opposition with making me jump hurdles to get my policy. Can't they simply email it like the others? To make things worse their website at first glace hasn't got call centre operation hours, and point you to a self serve. It makes me feel if it is this hard to obtain a policy quote how hard is it to make a claim?

Horrible - avoid NRMA insurance at all costs

The suppliers that NRMA use to repair cars are completely hopeless. I was told by my car repairer that the work would take 3 days. I have now been without a car for a month and have now been told it will take another two weeks before it is ready. I've been without a car all this time and have now had to cancel a holiday I've had booked for months.

Car ModelMazda 3
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateAugust 2019

Unzeet D.

Unzeet D.Sydney, NSW

Fastest phone pickup

Its already 25 mins and i am still waiting for them to pick my phone. Lets hope they will pick up today. Gonna post screenshot in every 30 mins. Cheers!!!

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Lenny

LennySydney, NSW

You get what you pay for

Extremely long arbitration times. No resolution. Doesn’t solve or assist. The other party’s insurer laid claim significantly quicker and with decisiveness (despite not siding with me). Very disappointed I will have to pay for another person’s accident and won’t be renewing with NRMA on future policies as well as canceling existing accounts.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
ashopper

ashopperAU

easy to deal with, know their products

Have to say, Nrma has been excellent to deal with. I have 4 policies with them. They are cost effective, but more importantly, I can speak to someone who knows the products they sell and make the whole process easy.

Car ModelSubaru XV G5X 2.0i Premium AWD
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Ashopper, thank you for your review, we are very pleased to see you are happy with our pricing and the service you receive from our teams. Thanks so much again! ~Kaz

worst company ever. too big for their own good.

worst company I've dealt with. they pass you on from one person to another. waiting time is not short of an hour and then when you get through they pass you on to someone else and you have to wait another hour.
waiting time to get car or home fixed is so poor. why would anyone go with them is beyond me, they are not even cheap. I sure will not. they would rather skin you alive than pay you compensation in a reasonable time.

Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateJune 2018

Yvette Kinesiologist

Yvette KinesiologistSydney, NSW

Im saving $400 compared with other organisations

NRMA road side assistance is 10/10 I have used them 4 times in 32 years of driving and they have always been helpful, professional and caring.
The insurance side I researched to discover that NRMA are cheaper overall.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelToyota Yaris
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Yvette, thanks for posting, we are glad you have been happy with our service and are saving lots of money. Have a great day. ~ Jono

Comprehensive Claim investigation

Car ModelHolden Trax TJ LS
Claim DateJune 2019

Tina

TinaDunlop 2615, ACT

NRMA's customer service needs work!

I lodged a formal complaint and was told someone will call me to discuss within 72 hours, it's been over a week and nobody called, I tried to call them today and was put on hold for more than 30 minutes, left a message but still nobody contacted me. They also increased my premium for 15% from last year and I don't have any claims against that car, outrageous!

Ranga Tangasked

Question about resale of flood affected vehicle.. I had extensive problems with my Navara after it was flooded and "repaired" by NRMA. After years of repairs i sold the vehicle. The new owner has contacted me regarding electrical and fuel issues that plagued the vehicle after your repaired it whilst I owned it.

Do lifetime repairs cover sold vehicles?
Will NRMA assess the vehicle?
If found to be flood related, woud it be repaired by NRMA?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Ranga, we recommend that the new owner contacts our Claims Department: 132 132 and quotes your claim number. Our Claims & Assessing Departments will then correspond and discuss any concerns with the new owner directly. It will be for our consideration only. ~ Jono

Hey Jono
Not really in a position to provide details of claim to new owner as i didn't tell him it had been flooded, at your assessor's advice, and he pretty disappointed. Also wats the at your consideration only part?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

If the new owner has a concern with any repairs we authorised under your claim, our Claims & Assessing Departments will consider whether or not he/she has a claim under our Lifetime Guarantee. ~ Jono

Shane J.

Shane J.asked

can i get a car if mine is being repaired

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Shane. If you have selected the Hire Car option on your policy then you are entitled to a hire car for 14 days while your car is being repaired for Non-Recoverable Claims. (eg if you paid the excess). If the other person was at-fault and you have provided their name and address or if you are claiming from our customer we may be able toa rrange one for you. Please call our claims number on 132 132. If you haven't paid for the hire car option we may be able to help you with a hire car at our corporate discount rate. Please call us on 132 132 to arrange.

Lisa V

Lisa Vasked

Once I have advised NRMA of hail damage, how soon do I have to have the car repaired?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Lisa, it may depend on availability of repairers in your area. I would be happy to have someone from our claims team contact you to give you a more specific answer. Please PM us with your policy/claim details to our Facebook page via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review and include your name, DOB, address and contact details. ~ Jono

Get an answer from our members and NRMA Insurance representatives

CategoryCar Insurance
Contact Number 132 132
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Home and Contents, Income, Life, Motorcycle and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party (CTP Green Slip), Third Party Property Damage, Third Party, Fire and Theft and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle