NRMA Car Insurance

NRMA Car Insurance

Time response /communication / disappointing service

I have been with NRMA for over three years and only this year my car was crashed and the insurance said it was a write off. I started the claim and it has already been more than three weeks where I have called everyday without been able to communicate. Most of the calls, a customer service representative picks up and says is not their department so they transfer me to special claims departments , after holding on the line for over 40 minutes without response , I usually try again. After two weeks of waiting one lady finally picked up and she said that the claim hasn’t moved forward since I haven’t surrendered the car. I didn’t received any calls, e-mails or anything advising me on the next step. I surrendered the car and I has been another week or so where I haven’t received any information and where I have been calling and calling, enormous waiting times without any luck. I would definitely not recommend this insurance and this nightmare to anyone. I have a kid and not having a car has become a huge huge inconvenience for our daily routine, mostly not knowing what is going to happen.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelMazda 121 DW (1996-2002)
Claim DateFebruary 2019

NRMA no customer service - NO communication

NRMA - I have read the reviews below and that is something I should have done before renewing my car insurance. I will check other companies reviews in the future. I can not believe now little information is supplied about my car. The car has been waiting to be assessed for the past 3 weeks. The problem is I can NOT get any COMMUNICATION from your organisation on process, and where my car is in the line. I have been told on your chat line "3" times to wait 24 to 48 hours and the assessor will contact me. this has not happened! I rang your High Impact Team phone number and waited 45 minutes with no answer! Any NRMA number I ring either has a very long wait or no answer, mostly NO answer. I have been with NRAM for 43 years and have had two car claims. The first claim was fine, but this claims looks like a right off, NO communication. Why not do what Australia Post do and email your customers with updates and expected dates of arrival?

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelKia Optima JF (2015-Present)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Absolutely useless

Absolutely useless. Lodged a claim almost 3 months ago after my car was written off in an accident where I was not at fault. 3 months later still absolutely NOTHING!!! After years of staying loyal to NRMA due to their reputation and this being my experience on the first claim ive ever had to make, better believe the second this is sorted all my insurance will be changed to another company. Can I rate less than 1 star?

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Hail damage

Terrible service still going on since 20/12/18 no phone calls from Nrma no follow up very poor service after 45 years all I want is my car to be repaired

March 20th 2019 Update: Hail claim

Way too long Nrma 3 months no answers totally gutted Nrma doesn’t stand for help totally misleading I was chasing my claim no ph calls from Nrma at all very upset Nrma

Car ModelFord
Claim ApprovedNo
Thank you for letting us know what's happened with your recent claim George. We are sad to hear this experience has left you feeling this way and want to help here. Can you private message us your claim number and best contact details via our Facebook page using this link: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance? We can then pass along your complaint to our claims team and have someone look into what's gone wrong and give you a call with some answers as soon as possible. Hope to hear from you soon George! ~Jamie

NRMA used to stand for Something

I'm 53 yrs old. Old enough to remember that NRMA used to be a brilliant service that commanded widespread consumer loyalty - that is before being demutualised at the hands of Nick Whitlam. Now in my view it's just another dodgy insurance company.

Here's my recent experience:-

Having been a member for 35 years I put in a claim for hail damage to my car and instead of being allowed to use my local (NRMA approved) insurer either had to take my car to a central assessor about an hours drive away or wait for a 'mobile' assessor to come to me. Three months later the car had not been assessed despite frequent calls trying to find out what was going on. Late last week I'm finally told that they've cancelled the mobile assessors and that I can NOW go to my local NRMA repair shop to get a quote for the repairs.......

Did I mention that they kept my 91 year old mother in law (a member for 65 years) waiting for a year before finally rejecting her claim. In this instance a one armed man cut a corner and and side swiped her car. Somehow despite witness accounts in her favour they just left her with the damage and with no support.

Apart from the car I've currently got $9,500 in annual NRMA insurance policies...... Currently I'm looking for another company as NRMA keep striking out.

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Michael. Thank you for providing your feedback on your current claim and your Mother's claim as well. I am glad to hear you can now go to your preferred local repairer. If you feel your mothers claim was wrongly denied it is not too late to have it re-opened and reviewed. You can do that by following the steps at this link. www.nrma.com.au/complaints-resolutions. ~ JonoMother-in-law's claim

NRMA try to squeeze you of your money

Talking to lady about the recent hail and questions about excess but she kept asking us about what happened and placed a claim for us even though we were just asking about the process. As we pulled over due to hail and danger of driving. My son was driving prior and she said that since he was driving before the storm it has to have the increased excess of $1600 due to him being under 25 but he wasn’t even driving.

Car Model2011-2016 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Claim MadeNo
Hi Hamnut, appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us. We can certainly get this looked into for you, and double check what's happened here? If this is something you'd like me to organise for you, can you please send us a private message with the claim number and your contact details? We can get this feedback to the right team and have them reach out to you within the next few business days. Thanks Hamnut. ~Jamie

Hail damage claim time response and customer service

Hit by hail 20th December 2018, claim still not resolved been almost 3 months such a joke. I’m insured for hire car option and my own repairer but didn’t allow me to use those services. Basically I’m getting passed on from one operator to the next then one supervisor to the next, promised all will be resolved then back to square one. There such liars, complete rip off, wouldn’t recommend their services to anyone. They will do any job on the car even using dent removers on large hail damage even if it’s going to crack the paint. I may as well wait till the policy renewal in 4 months time before it’s resolved lol.

The amount of disregard of customer service and acknowledgement of inconvenience is to there customer is of no concern to them.

Then today they send a shonky and manipulative assessor to assess my car who knows nothing of his job. Mind you still waiting to speak to his supervisor about his smartass attitude when speaking over the phone which is inexcusable. Took 2 min to look at the car before he made the decision. Lucky if he had one look at the door that was it, the whole car is damaged.

Words can’t explain how much I hate Nrma. if anyone is planning to join please read the fine print and keep ur rights as a customer as they try their absolute best to take them away.

Car ModelToyota Camry
Claim DateDecember 2018
Hi Dee, thanks for your feedback here. We can see how disappointed and frustrated you are with us and would like to help you get things back on track as quickly as we can. Could you please PM us with your claim number and best contact details? We can then pass along your concerns to the relevant team and have them contact you as soon as possible. Really don't want to leave you feeling this way! Thanks Dee. ~JamieIt’s a joke when u have to pay out of ur own pocket for repairs to get done right on top of ur access. I have multiple policy’s with Nrma will cancel all 4 sure, not worth the experienceThanks for getting back to us here Dee. We have pass this on to the claims team for you, they should be in touch within the next 1-2 business days. We do recommend deleting the comment with your claim number and contact details just so this info isn't public. Let us know if you don't hear back from the team or there is anything more we can do. Thanks. ~Jamie

Two faced with no service.

This was meant to be an easy windscreen claim,I work in a smash repairs & contacted NRMA due to a broken windscreen on my car,I asked can I use a windscreen repairer nominated by myself that I trust & deal with already,NRMA said YES,send a quote to us via email & we will be in touch,so the next day I got the quote, e-mailed it as requested & nothing 2 weeks later, so I phoned them 6 days later,first I was hung up on,then without requesting to be put through to O'Brien's glass I was cut off from the line waiting for an operator & conected to O'Briens,then I hung up,that showing me that my phone number told them what I was phoning about & they were channelling me were they wanted me to go & not letting me follow through with what we had been talking about, yesterday I spent 40 min on the phone with an operator going through the whole story again (3rd time) & she was talking to me like a child & promising to resolve this ASAP & she had gave me her word that she will phone the next day before 5pm,I explained I'm in Qld & there's a time difference,she made a note of this & still no phone,text message or email,my vehicle is dangerous to drive at night as the break in the screen is dead centre of the drivers vison, The operator mentioned that my 3rd party windscreen repairer isn't within there circle(her words),I explained I was told due to the company being a part of the Australian autoglass industry alliance that it was fine,I hear lie after lie,one operator will tell you one thing & another will tell you something different give you the run around ,clearly they tell you anything,people in the repair industry have told me that they will steer you towards who they want to do the job,but the sad part is that no one will say it to you..straight up & clearly ,The operator said yesterday that althou they are not in our circle,if you were told that your preference was Ok...that will be Ok then , there's a bad culture within the company of misleading people, lying & doing there best to wear people down & drag it out ,just as I was told they do from a few other businesses,very up setting to think there happy to take your money but service & honesty isn't there game,but games they do love clearly,I was told to email a quote from a windscreen repairer,which keep in mind this campany does work for over 11 different insurance companies without any problems but NRMA aren't happy to approve or contact me cause there not in there circle as explained to me by the NRMA operator....all I can say is there 2 faced, decentful & horrible to deal with...there got no respect for the customers time,no one will give you a direct phone number or extension line you have to go through the main switch press 7/8 numbers to be directed to a certain department & keep your fingers crossed.....the system makes me sick in the stomach...

Car ModelN/A
Claim MadeNo
Hi TJB. I can understand your frustration at not having your windscreen claim completed yet and having to go through what you have explained. If you would like us to escalate this for you use this link to our Facebook page to reach out via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review and include your claim number, dob, address and contact details so we can send them on to our claims team for someone to contact you. ~ Jono

Unfair and dishonest

I had an incident with NRMA client where the point of impact said it clearly that it was his fault. But NRMA was very dishonest and manipulated. Made up and dishonestly made decision. A dishonest company can never be trusted. Not Recommended at all. Firstly their service was very slow. I had to follow up many times. Secondly their decision is dishonest. And they call you throuh "no caller id" to notify. Shameful and very distasteful. All they care is their profit.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car Model1998-2006 Mazda Bravo
Claim MadeNo
Hi Sherab. I appreciate you may feel our driver was at fault and can understand your frustration if that has be deemed not the case. If you feel your claim has been treated unfairly or dishonestly you can follow our internal complaints resolution process here. ~ JonoI did and NRMA is predetermined. Compelling evidences was not enough. I had side of my car impacted by back rear side of that person’s car. Yet NRMA concluded that I reversed my car and hit other persons car as if my car runs side ways. What a shame and deceitful company with no sense of honesty. There was no use of escalation with predetermined investigation. Me and my friends and families will never go with NRMA and so should not any sensible person. They can do anything for money. Utterly dishonest and deceitful .Hi Sherab. Here is the link I meant to post in the previous comment, www.nrma.com.au/complaints-resolutions Follow the steps outlined if you would like this claim reviewed. ~ Jono

Disappointing

My car was parked in a car park. Someone backed into it. This was witnessed by someone who ensured the driver left a note. The incident was also caught on CCTV. But despite having full name, DOB, license number, mobile number and even workplace phone number I was told by the NRMA operator this was not enough information because I didn't have the guys address. Even the police couldn't believe this was not enough. The NRMA operator said I'd have to pay!!! So if you have NRMA insurance make sure you don't take your car out and park it in a well lit, well populated area with CCTV thinking you will be ok should something happen. It's all your fault. (Please note the next 2 operators I rang were very pleasant to deal with and talk to)
I have been reading these reviews. Disappointing.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Hi Shell. We require the address of the person who is at fault as we legally need this to be able to send them the legal documents of demand. I can appreciate that you have been able to get a number of other details from the other person and how frustrating it is to not have the one most important thing apart from their name. I apologise if you weren't informed at the time of starting your claim but you can always get the address at a later date and have an excess refunded. ~ JonoThe first person I spoke to told me I'd have to pay if I didn't have the address. There was no mention of getting money back. There was no "let's continue with information for now.....". I hung up on him. The police thought I had sufficient info. So NRMA says not enough, police thought it was sufficient and me stuck in the middle. When I spoke to claims department was told the nearest NRMA approved repaired was 30kms away. I said I would go to my local repairer 1.5kms away. Guess what......he is an approved NRMA repairer. So if I had just gone ahead a flat bed truck was picking up my car and hire car provided. And I may or may not have been $600 out of pocket. And the repairer up the road fixed it on the spot in 15 mins!! I did say it was a small issue... This is not the NRMA I thought it was. Definitely not the NRMA I joined 31 years ago. Nor the NRMA I have previously dealt with. I don't see me clocking up year 32.

Careless and Unprofessional

Been with NRMA for years and never made a single claim until last month when we had a small car accident. First NRMA wanted to send me to their own repairer as apparently their policy was changed few months ago. We searched that repairer and had terrible reviews. I was never notified by NRMA about the change and had to pay 10% of my insurance premium for them to allow me to use a repairer of choice. What is more ridiculous is how long you wait on the phone everytime you call claims. It takes 30 to 40 minutes every single time you doing a small follow up. Absolutely terrible company who does not care about its customers valuable time. You need to try to claim to see the real customer service of NRMA. I will be moving my 4 policies and will be urging every person i know to do the same.

Car ModelMazda CX-9
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Jacques. Choice of repairer became an option on policies that renew since 6th November 2017. There was an accompanying letter on every renewal and even on renewals the 2nd year after this change. I am glad you were able to have this added to your policy at the time of your claim to still give you that choice. The increase to your premium for this choice is because it does add to the cost of claims and means that people who don't want this benefit aren't subsidising those that do. Our claims phone lines have experienced longer hold times since an increase in large claims incidents this summer. In future if you wish to avoid this you can chat to claims directly to have this resolved straight away you can find the web chat team here https://www.nrma.com.au/claims/car-insurance by selecting follow up an existing claim then chat now through till 8:30 pm or manage your claim on our app. ~ Jono

Unethical behaviour

I have been with NRMA Car insurance for many years, and never claimed a single penny. 2 months ago I changed my post code, and due to that address change, there was a reduction in the premium amount. I was told by the customer service that refund will be mailed to me, and I also received a letter and an amended policy document stating the refund will be mailed to me. It is more than 2 months, I haven't received anything. I called NRMA 2 days ago, and I was told that I won't be receiving any refund. I spoke to a supervisor, she also refused to honour the previous commitment which is in black and white in an email. Very unethical behaviour, and a company which does not have any principles and values. Will not be renewing with them when it is due for renewal..

Claim MadeNo
Hi George. This sounds like there might have been a error which is prevents this refund being sent which I am sure we can fix for you. If you haven't already use this link to our Facebook page to reach out via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review. ~ Jono

You get what you pay for

I have been with NRMA for over a decade. I have multiple policies with this company.
You absolutely get what you pay for. After a car rollover in 2012 I was left a quadriplegic. My contract was a new car should my, at the time, car be written off.
I was not able to drive a ‘normal’ car at the time and no new car could replace the old due to needing serious mods.

ONE phone call with NRMA, a brief explanation and my contract was re done and my car was paid out rather than having a new one I would not have been able to use.
In extreme circumstances they can, and will assist to the best of their ability and I have had no problem regarding this since.
I am, and will remain insured with NRMA.

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelVolkswagen Multivan T6 (2015-Present)
Claim DateJune 2014
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi KayS, Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. You are a true inspiration and we hope that we continue to give you the service that you have shown us through your loyalty. ~Renae

Fraudulent direct debiting of money for over a year + continuing to direct debit $500 after policies closed

When increasing my building insurance with nrma after a house renovation, I discovered nrma have deducted $1617 over the course of 13 months for a car I notified them I had sold and no longer had.
Upon 1.5hrs on the phone, being hung up on 'accidently' by 2 service representatives and having to explain my situation from square one to 3 separate representatives, I cancelled all of my policies.

While attempting to obtain my refund for the fraudulent direct debiting (the dept of transport told me this happens all the time when I asked them for proof of rego transfer), I was assured from nrma I would receive a refund.

- week 1 : sent the appropriate document to request refund as advised by nrma
- week 2: after one week I received correspondence from nrma that the refund would take place and nrma confirmed bank account for refund to be deposited into
- week 3: no refund, no correspondance
- week 4: no refund, no correspondance. After I sent 2 emails asking for an update on when the funds will be deposited, I received an email stating it had to go to another department
- week 5: nrma direct debited $449.12 ($112.28 over 4 payments all in the same evening) from my account, despite me having no policies with them. Additionally to this, they owe me more that $1500 in refunds. I have then had to follow them up on this and they have now promised to refund the $1617 + the additional 'mistake' of $449.12.

I own several businesses, and am intimately aware of the rules around direct debiting. Luckily I am not short of funds in my accounts, however I ask, how is this legal? How can a company take almost $500 from someone's account when they have no policies open with them? If I were like most people in australia, this could interfere with putting food on the table or paying a mortgage - when $500 fraudulently gets taken from your account with no notice.

It is one thing to provide terrible customer service. It is another thing entirely to fraudulently take money from someone's account for no reason when they have no business with you - and to interfere with someone's livelihood.

Car ModelLand Rover Range Rover
Claim MadeNo
Hi Natalie K, thank you for taking the time to review our Product. We appreciate your honest feedback but apologise that you have had this experience. I hope that the matter has been sorted and refunded back to you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with ~RenaeHi Renae, this has still not been resolved. The original refund of $1600 in car insurance refund has not been refunded, and the $448.96 which was debited from my account last Weds 27/2/19 has not been refunded. I am going to the Office of Fair Trading today as NRMA are in serious breach of Fair Trading direct debiting regulation, and have not communicated with me on this matter in an appropriate way.I totally understand your frustration Natalie. You have had a horrible experience. If you would like to send us your personal details on a confidential channel - PM us via Facebook Messenger and we can look into this on your behalf. This needs to be escalated, and the Social Media Team can help with this ~Renae

Telephone Service Discusting CTP Insurance

When you phone the NRMA CTP Insurance No. expect to be put on hold for 15-30min to be answered then the Information they give may not be Acurate it wasn’t in my case and it wasn’t until I told them I was leaving and I had to give them the instructions from RMS on how to re issue my CTP Green Slip then RMS said that they are the most expensive NRMA Denyed this. Then They Charged me $100.00 Extra for the same CTP I paid I last September,
For the same car that was on hold. Then NRMA has taken 8 days & several Phone calls & even the Manager had to consult with colleagues, unless it’s simple Don’t Bother unless you have lots of hours and plenty of time like at lest an hour for phone call.

February 26th 2019 Update: Comprehensive Insurance Up By 9% & Overcharged

I kept getting emails on a daily basis to renew my Conprehensive Insurance Policy. When I phoned up and got through I was told that NRMA Had put their policy’s up 9% and it was because I was at risk and the car is getting older, however I have NEVER had a claim that I was at fault and have CTP Green Slip with them and I am a gold Member for around 40years. I have since learned by complaining to NRMA’s Customer Service Dept that I was overcharged by $35.00 and they would arrange a refund I am still waiting. Next year I think I may go elsewhere. I was sent a Survey to fill in I gave a bad review and received an email back saying that they’re looking into it.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelSubaru 2004 Liberty S
Claim MadeNo
Hi Meg, thank you for taking the time to review our Insurance Product. I am sorry that you have been left feeling like this. We value our customers and thank you for the loyalty you have show over so many years. We are more than happy to go through your next renewal with you and look at your coverage and excesses to ensure you have the right product for what you need. Please let us know if you require anything ~Renae

Extremely poor client service

Please don't take my word for it. Just dial 1300 763 324 (Other party claims) and check the waiting time. At least 30 minutes, guaranteed. My car was damaged by a NRMA insured vehicle on 24th of Dec and the assessment was only done last week. Every time I contact this number to follow up there is a 30 minute wait before your call is answered. Even then their representative put you on hold go through the claim. I've spoken to 6 different people so far. They gave me a hire car and it's extended on a weekly basis. I have to contact again a day before hire car expires and wait for 30 minutes plus 15 min call to extend it again. It's hilarious when their voice mail says, "This call will be recorded for quality assurance purpose", Here's a suggestion. Have you heard of communication via emails?
Another funny response I got was that "We've contacted our assessment officer and the call was directed to his voice mail, but we've sent an email".

Insurance claim madeYes
Sorry about how this experience has made you feel, we can confirm that with the storms, hail storms and flood in late december there was over 60,000 claims lodged, this did cause a significant strain on our claims team and did cause long delays. We are certainly working on getting on top of everything and have brought on extra claims staff to help manage the claims. We certainly appreciate your time is important and apologise for any inconvenience but if we can provide any assistance with following up your claim you can reach out to us on Facebook and we can arrange a callback normally within 3 business days, even though we do not manage the claims directly in social media we are happy to offer any assistance we can. ~Lochy

Garbage - They Go Against their Own Advice

The car suffered minor hail damage.

NRMAs professional third party assessor classed it as repairable (I have their report) and I have it in writing from NRMA (7 February) that they would put it on the Written Off Vehicle Register (WOVR) as repairable. NRMA do not have a buy back scheme but Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) assure it is fully legal if I buy it at auction (Pickles) and re-register it. I can only do that if it is classed as repairable.

Despite all this NRMA classed it as a statutory write off. NRMA initially said they had to register it this way because they don't have a buy back scheme and they were legally obligated to classify it this way. I checked with RMS who said there is no such legislation and they do not have a requirement for companies with no buy back to do so. NRMA also admitted they do not have an internal policy to do this.

When confronted with the fact there is no legislative basis of their actions NRMA's response changed to we have no "obligation to do so" (put it as a repairable). What the hell does this mean? They are ignoring the professional hail assessment and their own advice to me. The answer reads, despite our written guarantee we can't be bothered to do so.

RMS said the WOVR decision can be reversed but NRMA are too proud to do so.

I am trying to save resources and save a perfectly good car, albeit with a light dose of acne. Fat chance with NRMA.

Claim No: NRM 182963398

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHyundai i30 FD (2007-2012)
Claim MadeYes
NRMA are now saying that "once you (the original owner), have re-purchased your vehicle back from the Pickles Auction House, they will amend the WOVR to a ‘Repairable Write-Off’" from the current status of Statutory Write-Off. "This applies to all NRMA customer who have been affected by the Hail Storm." "Once you have purchased the vehicle back, please contact NRMA Insurance to supply the correct documentation that you receive from Pickles as proof that you have purchased the vehicle." They caveat with this is,"Please keep in mind however, that the age of the vehicle, is a factor in it being logged in the WOVR." I will check with NRMA exactly what this means and if there is a specific date. Absolutely no one I talked with in NRMA for the last 2+ weeks mentioned this possibility. Either they did not know or this decision is recent. I suspect the latter. UPDATE: THEY ARE SAYING THE AGE CUT OFF IS 10 YEARS.Hi Geoff, thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review on our Car Insurance Product. As this relates to a claim I will forward on your review to our Claims Management Team on your behalf. We appreciate your honesty and hope that you can get the service and outcome you deserve as a loyal customer ~Renae

All they want is your money.

Sure enough, a business needs revenue to continue its services but having a good customer service would be appreciated. This insurance company has one of the worst customer service you can get which lets you wait for a very long time to have someone answer the other end of the line. And you get someone from overseas that is just being trained to answer to standard questions. They run their responses with a script that was handed to them.

Disputing was painful and stressful as it could be. I had to get AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority) involved to fix a claims issue.

Save yourself from all the stress this company can give you and look somewhere else.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelKia Cerato
Claim MadeYes
Hi Charles, thank you for taking the time to review our Car Insurance Product. Sounds like you had a frustrating claims experience and you should not be left feeling like this. I am glad to hear it was fixed through the AFCA. ~Renae

Poor customer service

I rang and got transferred then hang up on the Indian stuff u guys have don't even understand English was waiting for 1hr and 30min then to talk for 2 min then she hang up on me .. NRMA don't employ people from Australia instead go overseas

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Mushy, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We do apologise about the errors you have encountered, although we do employ staff in the Manila we do only have 1 office there at the moment but we still retain a number of call centres onshore including Perth, Hurstville, Parramatta as well as others. If you would like to discuss your concerns further we would absolutely be happy to help out if we can you can reach out to us on Facebook or contact us through our website at www.nrma.com.au ~Lochy

Conflicting price information with purchase of car insurance.

I purchased online and with telephonic conversation a comprehensive insurance plan for 12 months. I was told that I would get a basic plan for road assisstance for 79 dollars due to enrolling with NRMA car insurance. The phone and internet disconnected due to poor connection. On February 15th I went into the local store to sign up for the road assisstance and I was told different information. I was told that it was only valid at the time of enrollment. I let the representative know that this was not what I was told. I was told that NRMA would honor a reduced rate due to purchasing their insurance plan. This was at the Raymond Terrace NRMA center in NSW. Margaret Blanch looked into it again and was able to resule the inssue and instead of 206 dollars. I was only to pay 139.00. Thank you Margaret.

Claim MadeNo
Hey Christine, sorry that you received conflicting information. Thank you for your feedback for Margaret - I will pass on your kind words ~Renae