• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (38) · 1-2 months (31) · 2-4 weeks (22) · <1 week (7) · 1-2 weeks (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (75) · No (38)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (1%) · No (99%)

Frank X.

Frank X.Sydney, NSW

NRMA claim is the worst service.

I had an accidence in August 2019 and made a claim. I have tried to call them for a few times. Everytime, they just lie to me and try to pursuade me to accept 50% responsibility with the other side of driver. I said no and they have left my case for 3months with no contact or investigation. I have drawn the photo, I have uploaded CCTV as evidence. I have another driver as my witness to support me. NRMA outsourced the claim department to Philippine , which has poor service quality and the staff doesn't understand Australian laws. Guys , don't use NRMA, they just charge us more with worse service .

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

laxman p.

laxman p.Sydney, NSW

Horrible service, would not recommend any service of NRMA

Tried to contact NRMA hire car service, waited to be answered my call for approximately two hours, had to hang up unanswered. Worse service, fade up. I would never recommend NRMA.

Insurance TypeThird Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelMazda Cx
Shane

ShaneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Used to be good but not anymore

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer CJ
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Kassie

Kassie

Very poor service, don't choose NRMA!

Claim DateNovember 2019

Liz

Liz

Quality, trustworthy, efficient.

Never have an issue. Had two not at fault minor accidents thought out my 5 years. Never a drama with them, pass on my infomation and they handle it very well and no stress on my part with claim. Had an issue where my driver side door glass smashed. Made a claim amd it was dealt with within the hour. Always helpful and friendly, never had to pay excess, reduced my cost no drama when I move cities. Really enjoy NRMA for their quality and trust

Car ModelMazda 2
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Liz, thanks for the positive review! It's great to hear we were there for you when you needed us the most. Stay safe on the roads. :) ~Natalie

LAKE

LAKERichmond-Tweed, NSW

NRMA - deliberately choose to ignore people to save a dollar

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHolden Rodeo RA (2003-2008)
Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateMay 2019

Anne TTasmania

I can't believe this process

Car ModelToyota Corolla ZWE211R (Hatchback) Ascent Sport
Claim DateDecember 2019

Jamie

JamieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Car Insurance: Doesn't contact you - dashcam footage the works no information.... hands you a bill!

Car ModelToyota Kluger GSU55R
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Jessica

Jessica

Will take whatever they can from you

I claimed stating I wasn't sure who was at fault. I do not believe my claim was even reviewed before being chased for my excess. I was belittled for being in financial difficulty and eventually had to contact AFCA for assistance. IAG (parent company) stepped in and refunded my excess due to the mistakes made by the NRMA.
When I cancelled my policy because another insurer offered cover for nearly half the price, I was charged an extra month that I won't use due to having other cover plus cancellation fees.
So I had to pay over $100 for the privilege of leaving an insurer that can't process a claim properly.
Don't put yourself through the degradation my family experienced after making a claim.

Car ModelMazda 3 BK
Claim DateOctober 2018

Poor customer service

Poor poor customer service. QBE are offering a better and cheaper CTP..NRMA did not want to match the price even though Ive been a customer for 8 years! The NRMA customer service person was laughing at me over the phone and continued to say that he respected my choice to move to QBE, which included moving my comprehensive and home content insurance. NRMA are a joke!

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Car ModelHyundai i30
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Stephanie, thanks for your review. We are unable to price match as each company offers different benefits with their CTP although they may all look the same on the surface. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. ~Kaz

Tom N

Tom NHunter Region, NSW

NRMA Premium price for terrible service.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelMitsubishi Triton ML (2006-2009)

Ali

AliSydney, NSW

customer service

It is so annoying that people like me have to wait behind the phone for 50 min or even over just to do a 5 minute job.its going to waste lots of our time.today I waste 2 hours just to do my 10 min job.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party

Car ModelKia Rio
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019

Worst insurer

I have car insurance with NRMA. After getting a police report, witness statement for my car's hit and run where I was not at fault NRMA still charging me the $850 excess when I tried to pick up the car today? I spent 30mins+ on waiting on your phone line today only to be hung up on by an employee of yours AND after multiple requests to speak to a manager I still wasn't put through to one.

RubySydney, NSW

Not at fault claim

Car ModelHyundai Elantra
Claim DateOctober 2019
Ruby

Hi Jono. That link is for a Facebook page so where do I put my claim details.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hey Ruby. There should be a button to message us using facebook messenger ~ Lizzy

A recipe for disaster

If you are looking to waste your time and be fooled by a series of false promises I could not recommended NRMA more !

An utter waste of time, money and patience culminated in a night turned terrible.

STAY CLEAR

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Great. Except the authorised repairer broke my transmission and charged Extra

Policy seems to be good value. Did get a few request letters from the insurance co. of the person I crashed in to. NRMA should have dealt with that directly. It forced me to make extra phone calls when I had done everything on my end.

AdrianW

AdrianWSydney, NSW

Lazy tax - big time

Just got renewals for my two vehicles, a 2010 Honda CRV and a 2012 Kia Grand Carnival. I am a good driver with a very limited claims history and no recent claims history. I live in a good suburb. One car is garaged and the other kept in the driveway. Both vehicles probably worth less than $10k. In each case the premium was over $1,000, even with "loyalty discounts". Very disappointing. Curiously, one of the vehicles, the older, has a higher premium than last year, the other a lower premium. I feel that I am being screwed for loyalty. I am not willing to pay over 10% of the value of an old vehicle for comprehensive insurance. I will be looking elsewhere. I will when renewals arrive be taking all my other insurances away from them too.

Car ModelHonda CR-V

daphne

daphneSydney, NSW

Threatening claims letter, lies and fear based

Car ModelMazda 121 DW

MONTROSEasked

We have had car insurance with NRMA Insurance for close to 40 years and only had one claim about 20 years ago when a car was stolen. We received full payment of the insurance valuation of the car within a week.

We currently have friends who are checking around different companies for car insurance renewal and they have asked the following question:
* Would they be covered for mice damage to a car?

As we have never had this problem, we are wondering if anyone can respond to this question.
Thanks.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Montrose, thanks for the question! Genreally it is covered but it is a case by case scenario depending on how the damage was caused. Reckless damage to the vehicle which then results in mice damage may be an example of when we won't cover it or general wear and tear or maintenance issue. Hope this helps. ~Natalie

Thanks for the response.
Will pass this information on.

Giggo

Giggoasked

My car was hail damaged earlier this year but is still drivable. Do NRMA do cash settlement for the damages if I am happy to drive with the cosmetic damages

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Giggo under certain circumstances we can offer cash settlements for some claims. You will need to lodge a claim and speak with our claims team who can help you with this. This link will take you to our claims page https://go.nrma.com.au/2eWVFNc ~ Jono

Nicole M

Nicole Masked

Id like to know how long insurance assessors take to approve repairs?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Nicole, there is no set time-frame as each claim is going to be different and depend on a huge range of factors. If you are concerned about any delay with your claim you can use this link https://go.nrma.com.au/2nH9LZC to message directly with our claims team or if you would like our Social Media team to follow up for you, you can message us with this link http://go.nrma.com.au/2kpnEcG and let us know you have come from Product Review. ~ Jono

Get an answer from our members and NRMA Insurance representatives