Teachers Mutual Bank (NSW Teachers Credit Union)

Teachers Mutual Bank (NSW Teachers Credit Union)

1.9

Roger R

Roger RBrisbane

No respect for loyalty for over 40 years!!

Angry

AngryClaremont Meadows

Don't rate and should not even get a star

Hayley B.

Hayley B.Southwest, VIC

Screwed us over last minute

We applied for a loan with teachers mutual bank, were pre approved a good 6 weeks before settlement. 2 days before settlement the bank pulled out due to a clause in the contract that everyone else (conveyancer, broker, vendor) felt was standard. Made us pay hundreds in delayed settlement fees as well as have to find a new lender in very short notice in the middle of covid. This was extremely distressing and we will be taking action against the bank.

Home Loans

Find out how Teachers Mutual Bank (NSW Teachers Credit Union) compares to other Home Loans

Nicole E.

Nicole E.Sydney, NSW

Car buying service

Contacted the car buying service weeks ago about them finding us a car. Since then there's been no contact unless we initiate it. We even sent them links to cars we were interested in hoping they could negotiate on our behalf, and they couldn't even be bothered to respond. We gave up and found a car ourselves. Just waiting to see if we'll ever hear from them again. Absolutely useless.

Catherine Booth

Catherine BoothSydney, NSW

Should be reported for elder abuse. Disrespectful and rude.

gavin f.

gavin f.Hunter Region, NSW

Go elsewhere

This bank claims to help teachers but this claim is far from the truth. The interest rate they charge on home loans is extremely noncompetitive, there rate still begins with a four for existing customers They are unwilling to pass on interest rate cuts but will raise their interest rates without the RBA doing so. Trying to contact them is a nightmare, you're lucky to get a response from an actual human, just an automated response saying a customer service representative will be in touch soon. They have lost my business.

Application Process
hello59

hello59

Debit card fiasco

Been a member for 38years. Debit card unexpectedly swallowed by ATM. Despite advising Tmbank by email and verbally to send card to alternative address, they sent to file address. Poor performance.

Great service! Highly recommend the Teachers Car Buying service to anyone.

Bought a car for my son.. the team at the car buying service did all the work for me... no stress and time saved! Highly recommend the teachers car buying service.

GAA

GAA

Unhelpful, even in times of emergency.

Korean Grounded

Korean GroundedSydney, NSW

Dreadful Service

They have no branches so you have to call to get service. The security measures used make both the internet and phone calls slow and laborious. When you do call have half an hour to spare because that is the waiting time. They offer a call back but that can be hours later or never. If you dont answer immediately its back to square one. There is nothing competitive about this bank.

Book Geek

Book GeekAU

Going downhill

I’ve been a member of Teachers Mutual Bank (previously Teachers Credit Union) for well over 10 years and am disappointed to say their service levels have dropped significantly during this time. The amount of time you spend on hold to speak with them over phone is getting ridiculous. This is a problem, given the lack of conveniently located branches in NSW, available to call into to resolve any issues. They also drag the ball big time on announcing what they will do when interest rate cuts come through from the RBA. On top of that if they do pass on the cut or part thereof, it is never passed on until the beginning of the following month.

I wish I could score them lower

Customer service is ridiculously bad - we are in the process of refinancing our home loan with TM Bank and they won't return our calls, meet with us in person when we visit their EMPTY branch or return calls when they say they will. Very disatisfied. When we visited the branch in person to discuss our home loan, the individual on the reception did not want us to see anyone, rather she kept telling us "you can refinance online, just go online". When we went online, we were told that we should call. So we called and were told we would get a call back. No callback three out of three times. Safe to say we will be taking our business elsewhere, as it's obvious TM Bank doesn't want it. If I could give 0 out of 5 stars, I would.

Michael

MichaelCentral West, NSW

You can’t count on the TMB when you need them

Car Buying Service

The car buying service was fine until a problem occurred after money had transferred. Would never recommend no response or action for over a month now. Was dealing with [name removed]

Betty

Weak all round

Rebecca

RebeccaSydney

Who’s running the joint?

I’ve been a customer since it was a credit union. In those days customers were treated well and with respect.
When the vote came for it to be turned into a bank I voted against it because I knew what has happened would happen. Rates were very competitive....not any more.
I wanted to ask a simple question today. I was kept waiting for 45 mnutes!
I sent a complaint. No apology, just that my complaint was “logged”.
I’m quite computer literate but their website is a nightmare. Login codes, PIN numbers, so confusing.
Thank goodness my main account is with the CBA!
Those at the top of TMB need to be given the heave ho.

Worst customer service to date

Very bad customer service. Can take upwards of 3 hours to speak with them, thanks to their really bad call back service.
Not a good bank for a business.
Will be leaving next week.

Wally

WallyRoselands

How can a Bank be so difficult to contact?

One of my great disappointments with TMB is their lack of interface with their customers. Hiding behind long phone and web chat queues, is so disappointing and frustrating. What little benefit exists with their network team is constantly eroded by their poor performance. Yet they call themselves a leading ethical bank. 'According to what ethic?' many might ask.

Bring back the Credit Union service

Customer for over 40 years, for 2 days I have tried to contact tmb waiting 20 minutes on the phone before requesting a callback which never happened, Today 45 minutes wasted. Before, when this was a simple credit union, the service was top rate and the customer was recognised. Now it is downhill all the way. Maybe tmb should be part of the bank enquiry into customer service!