5W-30, 5W-40
See the Best Engine Oils in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nulon? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.9
Doug Mellows
Doug MellowsSydney, NSW

Best full synthetic for the money

Use it in a 3.6 VF Commodore.
Changed every 10000km. As I will give the a flogging on the track it can be as low as 6000 change.
The oil holds up just fine as a good full synthetic should.
I buy it in 20ltr volumes at a time (as per price below) but will be looking at 200litre purchases in future

Purchased in July 2021 at Sparesbox for $191.00.

andrewkadfp
andrewkadfpSouth East Queensland, QLD

Costco have it atm 31$

Does the job and has good reviews. If you are a Costco member it is 31$ as of today for 5 litre bottle. I picked one up and there is plenty of stock

Ricardo Escobar
Ricardo EscobarSouth East Queensland, QLD

I can't try anything else but nulon

I spend 14 years driving a Holden Commodore VT and I sold it with 327K on the clock, never burn or leak a drop of oil, have a high compression reading by the time of selling it for his ages.
Since that time I only use Nulon 5W-30 on my VE Berlina and now on VE Calais V serie ll.
yes is a bit priced but doing the service every 7.5K km., I believed in the benefit of long engine life.
I'm happy with Nulon performance since 1998 up to day on my cars. cheers

Purchased in January 1998 at Autobarn for $59.00.

SteveNSW, 2019

Good Synthetic oil but pricey

Purchased in November 2018 at Supercheap Auto for $65.00.

Engine Oils

Find out how Nulon Full Synthetic 5W-30 / 5W-40 Long Life compares to other Engine Oils

Troy
Troysydney

Works well. Reline oil is far better but 3 times the price

Love the oil price.
Wish it came in a few other grades for same price
No problems with it. On a toytota aristo 2JZ GE
With 160k on it. Smoothe as silk and cant tell if its even running
Castrol synthetic not as good. Twice the price.
But redline synthetic is far better still. But cost a lot more.
Love the flashlight promo . Its worth a few bucks

Car1995 toyota aristo

Best oil ever

Been using Nulon fully synthetic oil for decides. At 15000 km oil still hindu coloured. Believe this brand of oil is best in the market. Never burns black within 15000 km. Great oil and is paten specialed under $40. Also believe engine runs smoother and gives improved petrol consumption. Car rated at 10.5 litres per 100 km but I can get 9.5.

CarFord Fairlane Ghia. 1998
kkbajaj
kkbajaj

Best engine oil

cant fault the oil at all. its the best oil i have ever used even better than castrol and shell helix. i change the engine oil around 12 to 13 thousand k's and the oil not even fully black. Will continue using it. I highly recommend this oil. give it a go and you wont be disappointed.

Car2010 nissan dualis
Edy S
Edy SPerth, WA

The best engine oil for my cars

Bought the 6L for $60 from Supercheap Auto. Used it on both my honda accord and toyota echo. Noticed less ping on the Honda and increased engine performance on the toyota echo. I've previously used Honda engine oil and can feel the improve engine performance on the Honda. Highly recommended this oil.

CarHonda Accord 2012

ace
acePerth, WA

Great full synthetic for diesel.

I use this in a jeep kk and a izuzu d-max and its great value for money for an Aussie product especially the 10l that is normally on special at super cheap auto. I've tired other oils but Nulon seem better with engine noise and fuel economy even after 10k. They do make 2 different types of this oil so be careful which one you pick or need.

Car2009 jeep cherokee

jerryChuan
jerryChuanMelbourne

Thank you Nulon! Greatest engine oil I've ever had!

I've just have a oil change on my 08 Toyota Camry, replacing the old oil to Nulon 5W-30 Long Life full synthetic. As soon as I start it up, I was shocked how easy it is to start the engine. What's more, while I was driving back home, I nearly confused whether I have purchased another car, a better car. The engine is much smoother and quieter than before, those improvements were just done by simply changing engine oil, unbelievable! Compared with other full synthetic oils on the market, the Nulon one was incredibly cheap to purchase! I spent only $30 to purchase 5 litters. I really thank Nulon to give me such a good product with a reasonable price! Good work Nulon!

Car2008 Toyota Camry
Truth tester
Truth tester

Fixed cold stat valve tapping, more power and smoother

I had cold start valve tapping noise with Shell HX8 and decided to try another oil brand. I used Nulon 5/30 long life with Nulon E20 additive and the engine noise stopped after a short while and the engine became much smoother and more powerful as well, vey happy especially as it is also cheaper then my old brand. Thankyou Nulon!

CarToyota Corolla 2003 376900kms

shredder2Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I'm using it, and hope it's good

Car2014 Kia Cerato
shredder2

Driven about 600k on the Nulon now and engine rattle is same as pre-Nulon, so don't know if I imagined intial noise reduction, or whether there was a reduction but it dissipated.

LenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great oil

CarKia Rio 1.4lt Auto
Ian
IanBrisbane

Have been using shell synthetic!!!!!

I was sceptical but thought nothing ventured, I'm seriously impressed I'm getting 760ks from 65liters my car has always been smooth and adequately powerful for my needs but I've noticed no noticeable oil usage compared to shell!!!! Not going back,I'll soon be driving to Sydney from Brisbane I'm curious as to what the result will be but in a nutshell I've become a nylon fan!

Car2006 lexus is 250

Gary Fawcus
Gary Fawcusasked
Full Synthetic 5W-30 / 5W-40 Long Life

Is the fully synthetic 5-30 suitable for my 2002 monaro 5.7V8 supercharged. Which has mild engine work. Thanks

Steve

Gary Fawcus, synthetic oils are suitable for high performance, high heat and highly stressed engines. Synthetic oils usually include a mixture of molecules that are similar, but which are enhanced to produce less friction and more lubrication in order to make your car run more efficiently, meaning it flows more easily than oils with higher viscosity—which helps to improve the engine's fuel efficiency. The faster the oil flows, the quicker the engine parts can turn and are lubricated. Due to your 2002 Monaro 5700 cm3 (348 cu-in) V8 being supercharged,

I would definitely use synthetic oil of a low viscosity like the 5W-30 to 0W-40 but this is not definite and don’t take my word for it! Get the appropriate advice if the 5W-30 is specifically suitable for your Monaro 5700 cm3 supercharged engine is? As there are experts that are and have used synthetic oils on the Monaro type 5700 cm3 (348 cu-in) V8’s and they are much more qualified to give you advice. For example, I’ve got a 2015 Citroen C4 1560 cm3 (95.2 cu-in) diesel that has a turbo, the synthetic 5W-30 is the only recommended oil for my vehicle and it works well and makes this diesel engine perform excellently and efficiently in all weather conditions, be it below zero or in 45c temperatures. I recommend that you get appropriate advice of the exact synthetic oil that your supercharged engine requires.

Tones
Tonesasked
Full Synthetic 5W-30

Does anyone know if I can use Nulon Full Synthetic 5W-30 on my Totota Hilux 2.4 petrol engine.

LOBO
LOBOasked
Full Synthetic 5W-40

What is the best oil for r a Barra motor been using penright. But it seems a. Small pin hole has developed in block at rear. Of motor Not overheating. Not misfiring But sump full of water. Strange. Yes??????. Only using for quick trip to shop. Change over motor going in soon
Barra motors are robust ...but The type of oil is very concerning to me as. It seems. Corrosion. Is a problem. Yes I uses a. good radiator coolant. Only done. 83. thousand klms in 6 yrs since I bought. Car at 224 klms. Have 307 on clock. I look after my cars. And have used good quality oil in every one. But this has really. Put a question which one do I use. Car is in very good condition. For age. 2006. Bf futura. Wagon. Any thoughts or suggestions

See all Nulon Full Synthetic 5W-30 / 5W-40 Long Life questions