Panamax

Panamax

Pros

• Treats different types of pain

• Rapid pain relief

• Great value for money

Cons

• Slightly difficult to swallow

Deb ranch

Deb ranchGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Always works, no side effects

Suffer with arthritis and mild headache, back ache. Panamax has never let me down. It is inexpensive and dles a far better job then the expensive brands. Worked straight away

Purchased in June 2017 at Pharmacy boronia for $2.50.

Side Effects
  • None
Pain TypeChronic
Effective Within1 hour

Jo-Anne T.Central Queensland, QLD

Paracetamol at a good price

This is the only way that I buy paracetamol for my family. It is great value for money and often on sale at Chemist Warehouse. I have always paid less than $2.50 for 100 tablets.

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $1.99.

Side Effects
  • None
Effective Within1 hour

magzTasmania

paracetamol is paracetamol !

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $3.00.

Side Effects
  • None

Clint H

Clint HSydney, NSW

Cheap and great

Read the ingredients peoples and stop buying brand names. Panamax is the same as the big brands, just as effective and easily a quarter of the price. No brainer really

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles for $2.99.

Side Effects
  • None
Pain TypeChronic
John

JohnRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Panamax/Panadol

Had open heart surgery and took two Panamax every six hours and it worked like a dream. No pains at all since surgery. Panamax and Panadol have the same ingredients, Paracetamol, the only difference is the coating and packaging.

Purchased in April 2019 at Hospital for $1.99.

Side Effects
  • None
TonyP

TonyPSydney, NSW

It's all the same but....

An apple is an apple or pear is a pear Panamax is paracetamol and they're all the same no difference whatsoever but Panamax does not have a coating and is very difficult to swallow often just getting caught in the throat very uncomfortable. It's like swallowing a piece of chalk lol. It's a pity that product couldn't be coated with something to make it easier to swallow I would pay more for that option. But one swallowed it does exactly as you would expect it's paracetamol the functionality of this product is exactly the same as any other products containing paracetamol

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $3.50.

Side Effects
  • None
novasec

novasecAU

Doesn't work

Doesn't work on me or anyone I know of. Missing many ingredients that Panadol optizorb has. Panadol works within 20 mins Panamax never, even our hospital states don't use it, Panamax is a placebo.

Shane

ShanePerth

good product no harmful side effects

Found the panamax to effective and cheaper than panadol with the same ingredients.
Works the same so I stick with a brand that works.
Very happy with panamax many people I know use the same product as me.

Lee

LeeNSW, 2560

No different to panadol

Paracetmals are mostly the same, all work or don't work in same way. I buy panamax as it's cheaper than panadol. If I just have a bit of a headache it does ease it but more severe pain not so much. If I use Panadol brand, it is the same in that way.

Didn't work for me

I get quite severe migraine often and after running out of panadol and nurofen I turned to Panamax to relieve some pain, enough so I could sleep but literally nothing changed. It did not work at ALL even after waiting for an hour for it to "kick in" literally did not relieve any pain. So disappointed.

Dees

DeesHobart, TAS

Simply Paracetamol

This is, as the label indicates, just 500 mg of paracetamol and nothing more.People who say Panadol is better or worse have psychological problems as each are identical !! The power of the Human mind or SOME Human minds What a joke !!

Excellent value for an excellent product,

Helps with severe cervical and lower back pain, Also alleviates my headaches and joint pain, Amazed at its effectiveness at such a low cost and it has helped my family with variious complaints,

craym0nd

craym0ndGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great!

I've used Panamax since my early teen years and I'm now 26, still using and it still effectively works. Its helped reduce my fever and headaches quicker than panadol and is a lot cheaper than any pain killers I know! ($2 for a pack of 100 tablets from ChemistWarehouse)

Holly

HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not my go-to pain relief.

There are few things that Panamax is good for - period pain, some headaches. But if you've got muscle soreness or any real inflammation, forget it. It does nothing at all for me most of the time. I'll only take it if it's the only pain relief available.

Not worth the money

Panamax does nothing to stop pain. panadol does. When they made panamax they fogot to put the paracetamol in, this is why they are so cheap. So i am pleased to find that panadol looks after my pain

about average

I used to buy these panamax pain relief tablets on the pharmaceutical benefits scheme as the doctor recommended them and found them to work well though they would sometimes hurt the stomache a little bit though not too bad and they didn't fall apart easily like the cheaper ones they usually sell in the supermarkets though got to make sure have water with them plus they are good priced

brian

The news stated that the federal government wants to take panamax off the federal pharmaceutical scheme so if I need anymore paracetamol I will probably have to pay full price for a pack of 100 tablets

brian

I switched to ibuprofen based tablets and capsules for pain relief as these weren't doing the job as well

Menothere

MenothereRight not Here

Has the job done

This is one of the staples in my emergency kit. A generic brand of Panadol, at a fraction of price. The same ingredient and dose as the real Panadol. Yes, it is.

I was first introduced to this "brand" by my GP after I broke my elbow, some years ago, and I had to have lots of tablets a day to calm the pain.

It has always worked for me.

The only downside is that the tablets are not properly coated and are a bit big, so I find them more difficult to swallow than the usual Panadol.

Mind, this is not an antiflammatory, so it won't work if your pain has an inflammatory cause.

Diana

Dianamelbourne

Do not like panamax & would not buy again

Does not at all relieve period pain :( :( :( :( :( recommend advil out of it in the house someone brought me panamax no difference as if I didn't even take it.

So cheap

I went to the pharmacy and asked for my usual 100 pack panadol which cost more than $14 here in my chemist in perth Australia. Discount chemists probably $8. Anyway the chemist convinced me to buy Panamax when she heard me gasp at $14 by saying the Panamax 100 tablet is 99 cents!!! Lol anyways I got two packs and so far they have worked for me. I get a lot of headaches and arthritis pain. Though for severe pain I usually take panadeine forte.
The frighten price of course!!!!! Cost me $1 for a 100 pack!!!!
Nothing wrong with it

Cinful

CinfulAU

I was introduced to this when I had a bad soft tissue injury. I used it to relieve headaches & muscle pain at the time. I've since learnt that it treats a huge range of other pain - such as period pain, fever etc.
This is a great cost-effective product. It is so much cheaper than Panadol & works just as well, if not better!! I buy the 100 pack & will never go back to Neurofen or Panadol. Yet again, the famous brand is beaten by a cheaper, equally effective product!
I cannot think of any negative things about this product - it is great!!

Essyasked

Is the manufacturers of Panamax trying to take down the manufacturers of Panadol?

magz

I'm not sure what you mean by take down. Its a fact of life that day to day items like pain killers or even the family car will be made in a cheaper more basic version and a more expensive more luxurious version. Panamax doesnt have the gel coating of Panadol that makes it a bit nicer to take so its the cheaper version of paracetamol and Panadol with its gel coating is the more luxurious nicer to take version. There would be a market for both types so I cant see that either is trying to take the other down.

Essyasked

Confused over how to take cholestyramine, particularly the time interval between taking it and medication.

Essyasked

Why is Panamax so cheap? Surely the cost of producing a pack of 100 tablets is more than 66 cents?

Jo-Anne T.

I feel other brands mark up the product significantly. At the end of the day, no business will undercut themselves.

Features:

• Panamax is a tablet that is consumed orally, allowing for quick and easy pain relief.
  • The active ingredient is paracetamol, a drug that provides effective relief for a variety of conditions, including headaches, muscle aches, toothaches, and fevers - making it a one-stop shop for many of your health needs.
  • It’s available over the counter, making it easy to obtain when you have a sudden onset of pain.
  • Panamax is gluten and lactose free, making it a suitable choice for people with either or both intolerances.
  • It’s a cost-effective option for pain relief - you can get a pack of 100 tablets for as little as $2.45.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that Panamax was effective in treating a wide range of problems, including back aches, mild headaches, fevers, period pain, migraines, muscle pain and pain associated with arthritis.
  • Reviewers said that Panamax works either rapidly or straight away.

Pain points:

• Some reviewers found that the tablets were slightly difficult to swallow compared to other brands of paracetamol, particularly for their children (the only difference between Panadol and Panamax is that Panadol has a gelatin coating surrounding the tablet, making it easier to swallow).
CategoryMuscle & Pain Relief Products