Nurofen Plus

Nurofen Plus

See the Best Muscle & Pain Relief Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Nurofen

Debbe
DebbeSydney, NSW

Almost killed me

These tablets are dangerous, they nearly killed me. I have had a 1/4 of my stomach removed by my surgeon. They are highly addictive, they should be banned! Take my warning seriously. If I could I would take a photo of the scar from my breast bone to under my belly button and put it on the packets for the warning of taking these drugs. I was malnutrition I was food fed with two tubes up my nostrils into my gut for 5 weeks, so i was strong enough to handle the operation. No wonder you have to have photo id to buy them Now! They should be banned, they know the damage that they do.

Great for severe pain.

I had three teeth extracted this morning (one impacted wisdom and two molars) and once the local anasthetic wore off I was in agony due to the oral surgeon having to use the bone drill. It was a difficult extraction. At first I didn't think I'd need extra pain relief, as I'm on huge doses of opioids for an unrelated chronic illness but turns out I definitely did. I took some panadol osteo which usually works very well for tooth pain for me but it didn't do anything so went and got some nurofen plus. I took it about an hour ago and finally have extreme relief. The pain is still there but more annoying than agonizing. Will definitely be using this again in times of need.

Mon
Mon

KILLER CURE

Fantastic for toothaches i used it on a wisdom coming thru and was amazing and so efficient i highly recommend this product to anyone going thru the same pain

DeeWestern Australia

Dee

Best price for a pack of 30 is $7.99 from Chemist Warehouse. Most chemist charge nearly $14 for the same product.

TwoTees
TwoTeesHome

Does what it says

illicit_angel
illicit_angel

Good

I have used Neurofen plus for stong and intense headaches, and it has worked quite quickly. The price is off putting and you can get it cheaper at the chemist, but Neurofen Plus can be purchased at the supermarket which is great when you need it now. I have also used it after a tooth extraction and it worked fantastic. Didn't make me drowsy like other analgesia.
Great for targeting pain especially intense headaches, and acts fast in comparison to normal neurofen
The neurofen brand is expensive but you can pick up a generic brand at the pharmacy that works exactly the same.

kkat
kkat

This product can only be purchased at a pharmacy. It is an S3 Scheduled medication.

Didgee

Nurofen Plus is pharmacy only not available in grocery stores (yet).
And the cheaper chemist versions don't have the film coating over them, the other have a powdery outer which get stuck as I swallow. Best pain relief available without script.

kittykat
kittykat
sarahwwww
sarahwwww

When I have a migraine, only Neurofen plus will get rid of it for me. I have frequent migraines and always have to make sure I have in on hand in case of emergencies.
The product is a lot faster acting than your paracetamol and works when other pain relievers can't do the job. I like the fact you can save money and buy it in quite big quantities.
You have to make sure you eat when you take Neurofen Plus.
You can only purchase at the pharmacy.
Product is expensive compared to paracetamol.
Sometimes can make your head feel a little bit fuzzy after you take it.

beautyqueen
beautyqueenvic, 3824

Good

overall its a great product that actually works however it is pricey and can make you feel light headed, also you need to eat when taking it too which usually when your not feeling well is hard to do
i think nurofen plus pain relief is great to more severe pains, its better then other paracetamols i think as it works quicker and its great for strong pain relief such as migrains, back pains, period pains and so much more
its very expensive, you can feel quite grogey after taking it so best not take it while at work or when you will drive, you can only buy at the chemist

GBeaumont
GBeaumontAU

Good

I have had severe headaches and back pain for a number of years and found this to be the only pain killer that works. Certainly not recommended for extended use, but I take it every now and again and it really helps. The new restrictions make it difficult to buy in the larger packs (which I used to get because it works out to be far less expensive), so to save money I recommend the cheaper generic version, Panafen Plus.
Effective and fast acting.
Can be expensive (I would certainly recommend the generic alternatives as they are equally effective). Tough restrictions on codeine now so only available over the counter (and the pharmacist will ask you a lot of questions before selling it to you).

IHATEPUMPKINSydney, NSW

It is the only over the counter strong pain relief that i have found to actually work, and fast. It is a little invasive however, that you are asked a million questions before they can give it to you.
Works fast, actually works for strong pain relief
Can be expensive. Always give you the 3rd degre when you are buying it

Didgee

$10 for a pack of 30 is not expensive. In New Zealand its NZ$25 for a pack of 20.

chezryl
chezrylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good

I would recommend this product when other pain relief just does not cut it. As long as you always make sure that you eat something before taking it as it is not good for your stomach. I have used it on and off for years without any problems however if I have a bad headache it can contribute to feeling a bit 'out of it'.
This is the only over the counter pain relief that helps when I get a migraine.
Can make you a bit drowsy and clouded. Can't take it when you are pregnant. Have heard it can cause consitpation.

amanda_01
amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

Good

Nurofen plus works much better than regular nurofen or panadol. I get a lot of migraines and headaches so have tried everything from aspro to mersyndol forte, and I find that nurofen plus is a good strong pain tablet. It's not too expensive and will work most of the time to resolve my bad headaches before they develop into migraines. They will relieve pain for several hours at a time before you may need to take more. Also works really well on muscular pain and period pain
Works quickly and actually works well!
Nothing, I think it is a great product

totaltobie
totaltobie

Good

I have always suffered from a lot of headaches and migraine's so have tried a large number of pain relief medications. I have found that a lot of products just don't work for me however Nurofen Plus works most of the majority of the time. I find that if as soon as I feel a headache or migraine coming on that if I take Nurofen Plus this will get rid of my pain and I am able to continue on my day as normal.
Works fairly quickly, definately one of the better products on the market.
You can now only buy this from the pharmacy/chemist.

QweenB
QweenB

I love this product! Fair enough, its not Australian but when you are in pain, that is the last thing on your mind. I had wisdom tooth pain for a long time and I was too chicken to get them removed, whilst they are out now, for a long time I relied on this product because it was the only thing that worked and let me get a full nights sleep! The next time I found this product to be useful was when I had a sinus infection and I was taking all these products to relieve congestion etc. Well! I still had that pain like someone had kicked me in the face! Popping two of these made my week!!!
Works fast, subdues pain for a long period of time.
Not Australian

Ainsley22
Ainsley22

Good

This is my supermarket pain relief of choice. Although it is more expensive than other brands, it works very quick, is easy to swallow and gives relief for hours. I would gladly pay an extra dollar or two for comfort. I find 2 capsules does the job, whereas cheaper brands I've bought in the past haven't been as effective so I have had to take 3 or more, which would end up costing the same anyway.
I like that it works quickly, the capsules are easy to swallow. 2 capsules keeps the pain away for hours. It has nice packaging and is sold at all supermarkets and chemists.
It is a little more expensive than other brands.