Officeworks Online store

Officeworks Online store

Payment options

Wanting to buy a IPhone XS Max . I wanted to pay using gift vouchers $800 , cash $600 and rest on zippay but office works is so basic with there method of payments online and instore I can’t spilt the payment up like that . Other department stores are able to . For a big company this is very disappointing I hope one day they see the bigger picture and give customers more options. It will definitely help increase sales .

Officework forgot to deliver my order - what a joke

Place my order and paid for same day delivery service before 11.30am as instructed . 5pm no order , ring them up and told me they forgot my order . Really messed up my plan as I have a flight booked the next day .Very unreliable , Wouldn’t not recommend people to use officework or this service .

Online printing

Untrackable postage, untrackable files, damaged in transit, lost, unhelpful staff and very very frustrating. That's how this 'service' has been for me. Over and over again. I surrender after persevering for years!

Online prints are over due and the web-tracking does not work, help-desk have no idea what is happening.

Ordered three framed prints. Delivery 6 days plus, okay.
Nice email with order tracking but it does not work
After 10 days check the order tracking again and it still does not work?
Check my web-account and the order does not show.
Given them a ring and they have no idea, offer to call back within 48 hours.
No call.
Call them again, still no idea.
Pressure them to tell me what is going on.
They tell me it is with a third party and are unable to know what is going on.
What a waste of time.
---
Apparently delivery time is 16 working days, perhaps I should have read the fine print.
I will log another review if it fails to arrive by the latest delivery date.

AlanC

Zero stars - woeful experience. Shop online anywhere else you can.

My mistake. I didn't think to look at reviews for Officeworks online, given their stores are quite good. It was quite a shock to find they only just scrape 1 star. But now I see why.

Like the other reviewers, Ive had to battle the "online security to ensure our customers are protected".

After previous successful orders through the same registered account, my "protection" consisted of a debit to my account, an email then rejecting my order, a lengthy phone call where I was assured I cannot talk to "online security" and that even if I repeat the online order it will be rejected. The advice was to "go to a local store" to make my purchase.

How completely ridiculous. Imagine if Wollies, Coles or even eBay online shopping was like that, and your order was one day mysteriously cancelled and you then could not make any more online orders?

Worse still the debit went on my card within the hour. The credit is still not there. Takes days apparently.

After a second phone call they are "reviewing the situation" and assure me my refund will be with me "in a few days". I cant wait. Ill be straight down to JB HiFi to order the exact same goods, and likely with a discount to boot.

Do yourself a favour. Read the reviews here. Look at the overwhelming presence of one star reviews. Shop online anywhere else you can.

Update: just to complete the story. Escalating through management I finally got the mysterious "customer protection" team to call me. They claimed the problem was my email address being invalid. However when we cross checked it was recorded correctly. I also pointed out they sent the rejection/cancellation notice to the very same email address. At that point I was told they did not know why "the system" had rejected me. I was also advised that it's incorrect I could not place another order. Conversely the customer service "assistant" was adamant I could not. Who knows who is right. I've simply purchased from JB HiFi instead.

The management escalation and "customer protection" people were polite and as helpful as they could be. However the systems they have to run and adhere to stubbornly remain inexplicably ridiculous.

Super disappointed....

Super disappointed in Officeworks. I was really impressed with their fast shipping of this item and have generally had good experiences with them in the past.
I ordered something with drawers and some of the drawers came cracked. No problem I can just exchange it right? Nope! They said they can have someone come and collect the item (sounds good), and they'll process a new order for me (ok great). But the catch is, first they'll come collect it, bring it back to the warehouse and look over it or something and then after 5 - 10 business days I'll get my money back. If I want another one/replacement, I'll have to pay for it again or wait for the refund. No way of just exchanging which is what I thought would happen. So if I decided to order a new one I'll be out around $200 , $100 while I wait for the refund and $100 for the new one. Not to mention the 30+ minutes it took me to assemble the whole thing, when really I only need a new drawer. (+ quality of the product feels very cheap for something that cost $100)
Overall a waste of time and money.
I know company's have different ways of doing returns but this just seems ridiculous. Really unhappy with this service. I know I could just return to a physical store but I don't have a car so it's just not really possible. I'm stuck waiting potentially 2 weeks for my money back. That is if they'll actually give it back within that time frame.
I guess I just don't understand why they can't process the refund right after it's been picked up, or use that money to send through a new one, and not have to start it as a whole seperate order.

Great service as usual

I bought a Breville Aroma Electronic Coffee Maker online from Officeworks on 17th March and it was ready for pick up 2 days later. Very happy with the product and the service. I have bought from Officeworks many times and never had an issue, the staff at my pick up store Gilles Plains go out of their way to be helpful.

Stupid service I won’t use them again ever

I ordered a business cards n I choose the design from their website , they sent me an email that the estimated time 7-12 days and it takes a month !! At the end i went to collect my order the cards looks shiiiit not as i design it pooooor quality
I paid extra money to get something good but they so disappointing

Worse than Terrible

I would rate you less than 1 if I could! What is the point of giving someone a gift card only to find that your pathetic website has no facility to let them use it online?! What’s worse, the store won’t even hold the item or ship it to a nearby store - bit important if you live in country NSW! You guys are pathetic.

Not a reliable supplier. Very poor online shopping experience.

Ordered a desk for store delivery
Quoted delivery date is much slower compared to competitors
Without any communication they then changed the date from the original Monday to Thursday.
Thursday came and you guessed it, they changed the date to Friday without notification.
All this time their "website" states that it's on the way to the store.
Luckily there is an option to track the Toll courier but oh wait, it only produces an error message.
So I called to cancel my order and after various checks and hold periods "Good news Sir, it was actually delivered to the store".
I guess "Friday" was also wrong information :(
Next time I will order from the other side of the world through Amazon and will receive my items sooner than local purchases from Amazon.

Where are you [name removed]? Meet me out back, we have business to sort out.

Officeworks tried to push liability for a lost printer in the mail unto me. I was told that someone named [name removed] signed for my delivery at 12:40pm - no one on my university campus has that name surprisingly (students or staff)! Note that I attend a VERY small university - everyone is on a name-to-name basis. To take the matter further the delivery had not even arrived yet - OFFICEWORKS MADE SOMEONE UP! My residential manager (who is not named [name removed].... surprise surprise!) signed for it while I was looking for this so-called mystery woman.

I can't believe that Officeworks made an individual up, thinking that just because I live on campus it would be easy to blame a made-up person. Oh and also, I received the order four days after the email that it was 'delivered'.

Now that I have the printer though, I will be printing this review to distribute down the whole east coast of Australia.

Shop around -Check the prices always use the price match safety net

The Philips Voice Tracer DVT2710 bundled with Dragon Naturally speaking v13 is listed on the Philips Australia web site at an rrp of $129.00. Office Works list the IDENTICAL product on their on line only ordering at $198.00!!!, just above an ad for "buy now, pay later' accompanied by the "ZIP" and "AfterPay" logo's, perhaps they need to increase the retail price by the whopping 53% to pay the mertchant fees??

The best thing about Office Works is that IF you have the patience to talk to the staff their price match is excellent, they do try and wriggle out for example, by saying they can't log onto the price matched web site etc etc, but keep the faith, hang on in their and you will be justly rewarded.

Orders repeatedly rejected

They use a third party 'security service' who decide if your order is legit or not. No explanation given in the rejection email, no advice about rectifying the problem, just a number to call. When you call them Officeworks then send an email to the security company (which apparently can take around an hour) to see if they can fix the rejection. Bad, bad system :(

Online print order lied about estimated time frame.

I recently had to order some invitations made and having them done ASAP was very important. I placed an order with Officeworks online and chose Click and Collect. The estimated time frame was 3-5 days. After I placed my order I got an email stating that my order had been split into two for some reason, with the first half available from 2-3 days but the second half available from 5-10. If I had known this when I ordered them I wouldn't have done so as 10 days is too long and they would be useless to me then. When I rang a store to see if I could come in and get them printed there and then I was told that they don't print the size I want in store (the smallest they do in store is A5 and I needed A6). Overall I was very disappointed with both my online and in-store experience.

Promise next day delivery on their website when in fact they don't

Ordered a phone online as their website states next day delivery so my phone would be delivered for when I got home. Get home no phone, ring to find out where it is. Told it will be delivered in 3 days time, if I knew that I would have gone into a store to pick one up. Ask them to cancel my order so I can buy one direct in store and am told they can't cancel my order but I can still go in store and pay for another and then I can return the other phone when it is delivered and get a refund. Rorting fraudsters

5 orders in and loving it!

So far I’ve ordered and purchased a lot of items using afterpay and click and collect, so EASY and somewhat guilt free lol beats headphones, google home, ring doorbell... great products, really competitive pricing and they really are fast in preparing the products for pick up. Haven’t had any issues and will use them over and over. Love officeworks!

Order online to pick up is meant to be faster.....

I ordered online to pick up some items to make my life easier. It did look like I could pick up the same day but when the order eventually came through it was the next day. So brought my car in for a second day to carry everything. When i went to pick up there was no line in the store but you have to pick up at the print counter with the line that is longer than a toilet queue at the footy. I waited for a bit but just made the whole process pointless. I could have picked up the items in store and paid well before I ever would have picked up. But I have asked for a refund (which should be being processed they were polite about that). The business from me is lost I order everything online for pick up these days and the approach Officeworks takes makes it slower and plenty of others sell the same goods.

Don't buy online with Officeworks

Ordered a battery online and nothing happened for 2 weeks. Asked for delivery time, promised another 2 weeks to delivery. Nothing happened and new date again 2 weeks later. After 1 month of waiting I cancelled the order as I had no trust they would ever deliver. Ordered with Harris Technology and delivered in 4 days. They did give me back the money same day. Go to their store or don't order.

Buy in store or shop somewhere else

I ordered a desk online on Thursday 7 Feb at 4pm. The website states that if orders are placed online prior to 5.30, orders will be delivered within two business days. I received an email that same day advising my order would be delivered on Monday 11 Feb between 8 and 5pm. The website advised I had to be home for the delivery so I took the day off work to receive it. The email gave me a link to check on the progress of my order but there was no more information at the link that on the email. On Monday 11 Feb I called Officeworks to try and get a delivery time and was advised it had not left an interstate warehouse, would probably be delivered on Tuesday 12 Feb, but at the latest on Wednesday 13 Feb. The gentleman I spoke to was apologetic but advised nothing could be done. He also advised I would receive an email advising when my order had left the warehouse. At 4pm EST, no email had been received and the tracking information still advised my order would be received on Monday 11 Feb between 8 and 5, despite Officeworks having verbally confirmed this was not the case.

The worst customer service ever, rude and unhelpful

Unwilling to help with a website issue on their end and told me to go to google and find out how to fix it. Lucky for us there are other stationary suppliers I would rather use.