Officeworks Physical store

Officeworks Physical store

See the Best Office & Stationery Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mixed experience but credit given where it is due

Mixed experiences with my recent interaction with Officeworks but I want to give praise to the people who deserve it.

A while ago we bought a portable podium at the Bundoora store to use as a stand up computer desk. It proved so popular in our house we needed a second one and went back to Bundoora. We waited for over 10 minutes to be served only to find out there were none in stock. We were assured we could order one online.

When I went online I found it was a now clearance item and could not be ordered online. I tried tried the online chat but found them to be useless and unhelpful. I called the Bundoora store and got "Mumbles" who was difficult to understand but eventually assured me that the Preston store had one in stock. However, I needed to call Preston myself.

The people at Preston were friendly and helpful. They didn't actually have one in stock but found there was one available at Traralgon. They couldn't put me through but did give me the direct number. They were apologetic and as helpful as they could be in the situation.

John at Traralgon was terrific. He had one but couldn't transfer it to another store because it was heavily discounted. He did arrange a courier and because the item was discounted it was still cheaper than the original price. I paid by EFT Monday, John shipped it Tuesday and it arrived in my Melbourne suburb on Wednesday.

Thumbs down to the online chat and "Mumbles" at Bundoora.

Thumbs up to the Preston store and especially to John at Traralgon.

Store LocationTraralgon

Did not honour Warranty

Purchased a Harvard Executive chair for $249 in May 2019 from Officeworks Coburg. After 3 months it began to tilt at a bad angle. Took it back. The first guy said it look like wear and tear. I explained that I had only purchased it 3 months ago. He said he would take it to manager. After some time passed a lady brought the chair back. Then more time passed before eventually another lady who said she was a manager approached. She said there was nothing they could do and I would not be getting a refund or replacement as the chair was clearly not right. I said the chair is not suppose to tilt to the left at an uncomfortable angle after only 3 months of use. She said no it wasn't but she believed that maybe it had be misused. I stated no one had misused the chair. She said sorry there is nothing I can do for you. She then walked away leaving us looking stupid at a broken chair. Very angry and disappointed as I purchased a chair with the understanding that if something went faulty I would have a warranty to cover it. Instead called a liar.

Store LocationOfficeworks Coburg

Terrible store and service (Officeworks North ryde

The worst store I have ever visited.
The staff were totally incompetent. I went in to buy a $500 monitor on a Wednesday afternoon and had not a single person available to even let me buy the monitor!!
The tall guy that finally helped had no idea about computers and took 10 minutes to find the cable for my item.
Do not visit this store.
Officeworks in general have been quite good. The staff at this store are seriously in need of revision.

Store LocationNorth Ryde

Fast turnaround for personalised photo canvas order

Yesterday afternoon I used the in store photo self service kiosk to order my very first personalised canvas for a wedding photo. The software was simple to use, very quick and allows efficient ordering with an expected turnaround of 2 working days. I received a text message this morning advising my order was ready for collection. My husband and I are extremely happy with the quality of the canvas, the vivid colours and quick turnaround. Will definitely use this service again

Store LocationMalaga WA

Easy Assembly

Just bought the Sheffield Desk Table in kit form. The staff at Warners Bay carried it out to my car. Starting to assemble after reading the instructions was a simple process. Everything fitted to together like clockwork. They even include some spare hardware which was not needed.

Office does not work

No assistance from staff
No help except at counter
Slow at checkout waiting in cue
Not stocked doesn't have what I needed
Too big to waste 10min looking for an item that isn't stocked with no help
Makes Bunnings look brilliant

Store LocationMorley

Dreadful customer service

Tylah, from Brisbane city office work, is extreme rude and unhelpful.

This has been my second encounter with this staff member at Brisbane city office work.

The first time, one of the friendly staff tried to print out 30 pieces of studying material for me, yet the staff was busy, and unable to hand over the printed paper. I suggested if Tylah could help and bring my paper out, instead of helping me out she was playing her phone at the foray, and then she squeezed out "no". ( could check the recorded CCTV footage).

Today, after being served as I wanted to print some paper out, she waved her finger and said "wait at the other side and pay". This happened around 6:30 on 2nd of September. After she got the printed paper after 15 minutes, she must be very busy as I was the only customer there, she left the paper as close as to her side. I had to lean over the counter to collect my paper.( maybe the CCTV camera recorded the scenario).
Can she be any unprofessional and unhelpful. How did she passed the interview and got the job?

Store LocationBrisbane city

Warranty

I went to the Noarlunga store today to get a replacement for an iPad keyboard I purchased on 12 July. Jodie told me they were doing me a favour by replacing it because it was dirty. On the outside not the keyboard itself. Not dented or scratched. Dirty. Yes I use
It. Jodie you need to read up on consumer laws. And put on your washing up gloves.

Store LocationNoarlunga

Fake price beat guarantee

What Officeworks advertise to beat 5% to any Australian business / website is a FRAUD. Today, tried their Dandenong store to see if they can beat Motorola G7 price advertised on [weblink removed] for $377.60 + $15.95 (Delivery Charges) = $ 393.55

Where Officeworks had advertised it for $447 to rob Australians.

Answer was No.

Because you need to register to access that product. What a crap.

Store LocationDandenong

The worst retail experience of my life.

Do not buy anything more expensive than a pencil from Officeworks if you want to get decent value from the purchases you make. I purchased a HP laptop stream 11ah 1XX computer from Officeworks in Campbelltown, Sydney towards the end of 2018. Within one week, a bright spot appeared on the screen. In my experience, a problem like this can presage the screen ceasing to function. So I reset the computer back to factory default and took it back to the store. Officeworks replaced it with a new one. Within two weeks, the physical network adapter stopped working so that the operating system (Windows 10) refused to recognise the adapter. I took the computer back and got it replaced. Six months later, I had the same problem with the physical network adapter. After six months of connecting to the internet everyday, as far as the operating system was concerned, there was no network adapter installed. Even a reset to factory default made no difference (hence my conclusion that the physical adapter must have malfunctioned).

Well, I took the computer back to Officeworks, but this time the manager told me that the computer would have to be sent to the factory for repairs. Despite my frustration (as I need my computer for work), I calmly explained that this particular model was obviously "cheap crap", came with faults inherently built into its design, and that this was the third time I had had to return a computer model that consistently wasn't fit for purpose. The manager loudly replied that she would call the police if I continued to talk like that. All this occurred in front of a shop full of onlookers. Rather than make the situation worse, I left the store and called Officeworks customer service. I spoke to a nice lady who apologised for the way I was treated before telling me that I was entitled to either a refund or a difference model. I returned to the store with this information (and the name of the customer service representative) a few hours later, this time with my mobile phone camera on to record the proceedings. I got my refund within 15 minutes. Suffice to say, despite the assistance from customer service, I will never shop at Officeworks again. Read my '1 star out of 5' rating as '0 stars out of 5'.

Store LocationCampbelltown, Southwest Sydney

Belconnen shop, disappointing

Yesterday I wanted a one page printing job done and the line up for printing was so slow, there was another line for pick up. Two staff were attending and it took ages to get served. Finally another staff person arrived to help. I finally got served and the printing was quick and cheap. I heard one staff member say 'we are too busy to do that for you now' you will have to come back tomorrow. I then had to try to find a staff member to show me which aisle I needed for hard drives, Fortunately I could serve myself for that. Then I wanted some expanding binder wallets but could not find what I wanted, I was in the correct place. I went to the checkout person to pay for my goods and she helpful and said they had them and called someone to check. She had to get them from an unopened box. Not good having stock not on display. When I said to the checkout person 'the service was bad today. She said we have no staff they have cut our wages. I wondered if they had cut the wages at the top or only for the people who have to face the customer.

Store LocationBelconnen

Binding gone wrong

This is the third time were I have visited office works Geelong in the city to get my uni documents bound, hoping that maybe the second or third time they would improve their binding abilities. I obviously thought wrong and since the last time visiting upon collection when I went home and was flicking through some pages that they missed binding some pages and over lapped pages when binding them and couldn't completely open the document. All I can say is I DO NOT RECOMMEND binding documents at OFFICE WORKS GEELONG. Staff were not friendly who worked at the desk when I asked question and picked up my documents nor did their job to their best ability.

Always helpful

I regularly visit the Croydon Officeworks store. The staff are consistently helpful and very knowledgeable about their products, and where to find them. Prices are also very competitive when compared with the other chain stores.

Store LocationCroydon

hands free

not to bad of a store i bought hands free from store took it away to use i used it for a day no good for what i needed it i rang up to let store no they had no problem changing over for me no stress at all

Store Locationrutherford nsw

Love this product!

Recently purchased SONY headphones. They came with all the latest technology..Bluetooth, noise cancelling, Google voice activated assistant, wifi as well as coming with extra cables perfect for when you are travelling and need to plug in as well as being a great price without breaking the budget. Love officeworks for their variety of products.

Store LocationOrange NSW

Great service, friendly staff.

Great service. Staff always welcome you to the store. Range and pricing are great. I always find what I need. My only complaint is that there is not an Officeworks closer to where I live.

Store LocationSouthport

Printing customer service

Hoxton Park store. There is always long line of customer waiting to have print service done and only one customer officer to deal with all customers. Not recommend for busy customers who have no time to wait for at least 30 mins to be served.

Store LocationHoxton Park Officeworks 2168 postcode

These stores are ok for your day to day office needs BUT they support some horrible products.

I go to Officeworks often to get my day to day office requirements as I am not a big operation.

I purchased a Brother MFC-J6530DW from the Brisbane store after being talked into it by a Officeworks team member after my old printer died in 9 months and was no longer being made so I had to shift to another printer.

Unless you want sporadic and very small volume printing this is not the printer for you! I was told by Officeworks staff that this would be a great printer for my small business. Not so. I spend half of my time re-feeding paper, dealing with continuous paper feed issues etc that I now actually loathe having to use the stupid thing, however I cannot afford to get just another printer so I have to make do with this malformed creature of a machine. I have wasted countless pieces of paper with the printer just jamming them up so I have to use MORE paper and it takes demonstrably LONGER than my previous printer which was fabulous, (I had very few issues with it but unfortunately is no longer made anymore). I struggle on a daily basis to convince the printer it is actually connected to my computer - it is connected via hardwire so when I am told about 6 times a day that the printer is not connected, I have issues believing it. I have taken the cord out and put it back in more times than I care to remember, yet I keeps having issues until It decides it wants to actually acknowledge the hardwired connection to my computer. I could not be more unhappy with a printer if I tried. Also, it has a massive footprint so it takes up a stupid amount of my reception area's desk space. I would be happy to swap bench space for a good quality printer which does not cost me at least 15 minutes, most times demonstrably more, every time I consider printing anything in my business. I absolutely hate this machine.

It would be nice if a massive chain like Officeworks could get some quality back into their stores and not sell substandard printers as a replacement for an old printer which worked fabulously, but happened to die in the warranty period.

Store LocationOfficeworks Brisbane
Sorry, If I did not make it clear on the review, but I gave Officeworks 4 stars because generally they are OK to deal with and have the supplies I require, however the sale of this printer has left a bad taste in my mouth...

Click & Collect Fine; Delivery a Fiasco

Regarding Officeworks Online Print Services…
I’ve used their “collect at store” option numerous times – it’s always a quick turn-around (1-2 days), and I receive exactly what I uploaded.
But this one time I used their “delivery” option was a disaster.
Day 1 (July 16): I uploaded 3 documents, each less than 10 pages, to be delivered.
Day 9: Delivery no. 1 arrives: package contains just ONE of the three documents. But the “track progress online” tells me NONE of the three documents have been started yet. I call, and the guy looks into it, and doesn’t explain the discrepancy, but just says the other two docs will be coming soon, but they’re taking longer because they’re ‘bigger’ (??)
Day 10: Delivery no. 2 arrives … package contains someone else’s document. I call, and eventually I’m told something like “it’s chaos down there [print room]”… and they’re going to redo all the jobs.
Day 18 (Aug 2): Delivery no. 3 arrives … and the package contains just ONE of the two remaining documents I’m waiting for. And instead of getting the “two separate, ring-bound copies” of this document I requested, they’ve ring-bound BOTH copies together. I've given up on the remaining 3rd document, and re-uploaded it for collecting at the local Officeworks store.
EDIT: It's Day 21 (Aug 5). The 3rd doc (uploaded 21 days ago) has finally arrived in the mail ... and instead of the two copies I ordered, I've received just one. (But again, to contrast the "collect" VS "delivery" experience: the upload I did on Aug 2 was ready for collection in just *10* minutes, and was perfect).

Disgraceful to return customers

Returned a tablet as the screen touch no longer works. With extended warranty for 3 years. One minor crack in the corner and they refuse to touch it. Product has worked flawlessly for 10 months with the small crack. Now I have to replace a screen that works fine but tablet isn't.
Having been in IT for 25 years I know it's a different problem and has nothing to do with the tiny crack in the corner.
So knobheads I will replace the screen just because you are dickheads and bring it back. I'll wait for the extended warranty to kick in and then you will replace it with a brand new one anyway.
morons.
To add, last time we took a lenovo laptop back for repair after a month. We got it back 4 months later.Disgusting service and unhelpful staff at Morayfield
Btw,we spend thousands each year at Officeworks,no longer!

Store LocationMorayfield