Simmo64

Simmo64AU

Terrible, good luck getting an account setup.

Preempted an international transfer for ongoing business expenses, didn't setup the account in time even though they had over 4 weeks to arrange and missed the deadline to make the transfer.

Edwina Deen

Edwina DeenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst Customer Service I have ever received from any company in Australia

I have NEVER received worse service from any company EVER! It is hard to fathom why service centre staff would go our of their way to try NOT help instead of being helpful if you giving them business.
I was about to do my 3rd transaction with them when I was spoken to again in a way that is not acceptable EVER.

OFX seriously? Have you not heard that in these days customer service is the only thing that sets you apart from your competition?

I just called another Forex company and you can not compare. I don't even know why I bothered after the first bad mannered staff member.

Complete Incompetence

Worse FX service I’ve ever received. 6 weeks on and off the phone with them after my TX was cancelled by them.

30 emails and 10 phone calls just to get me 10K back. No one took any responsibility and was just pushed from person to person.

Stay away!

Sara

Sara

Fast great rates responsive deliver

Have used this guys for over 12 months now, monthly. Large and small amounts. Money arrives quickly, great comparable rates, respond quickly to queries, and no fuss. Took a while to meet all the regulations at set up but I understood that is due to the money laundering rules they must abide by. Highly recommend.

Nick R.

Nick R.

Worst funds transfer company ever.

Tried sending just $600 AUD to a friend in Thailand so that they could book some accommodation and transport for me for an upcoming holiday. All fairly unstructured with no firm plans - didn't want to be tied down to any particular schedule. OFX took my money held it for two days then rang me demanding an invoice to support the transfer otherwise they wouldn't process. Obviously cannot provide an invoice so now I have to spend time collecting all the screen shots for the transfer in an attempt to get my money back from these idiots.

Rates and Fees

OFX can't be trusted or recommended.

Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

Cheap and efficient

I used this service on several occasions when transferring money to Europe. Initially there were a few documents to fill in to verify ID. But once that was done the transactions were smooth and efficient. They saved me money as well as they're much cheaper than the banks. I'm very happy with them and will continue to use them into the future.

Unhappy

UnhappySydney, NSW

OMG SCAM SCAM SCAM

Stay away from this company. Hit me up if you want the story but OMG this was the worst experience ever.

Long delays getting money anywhere, expensive, no customer support. Please please please avoid.

Mahmoud Khaled

Mahmoud KhaledGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect Customer Service team

Even my experience was rough at the beginning, but cannot regret that their Customer service team had gone above and beyond to sort the issue.
Special thanks to Champion BaileyS for great efforts, professionalism, patience and perfect client management attitude!
Enjoy your very well deserved weekend
Yours respectfully
MK

Reka

RekaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

EXTREME TRANSFER DELAYS

I have been waiting 2.5 months for some cash to be transferred, I have spent a lot of time trying to understand why the delays have occurred and have found this company to be a huge disappointment.

M g.

M g.Illawarra, NSW

Efficient and professional transfer!

Hi. Organised a transfer when I set up my account. All done in a very timely and effective manner with funds fully transferred in 3 days with a great exchange rate and you can call them 24 hours to speak to someone if you have any queries. Fabulous!!

OFXOFX

Hi M, Thanks for providing positive feedback. It's great to hear you enjoy our service, and we're always happy to help!

Kim

KimSydney, NSW

Rip off!!!!

Its a shame I can only give them 1 star :(
I just wanted 700 USD and its been 4 weeks and still no money has been transferred!!!!
Do not go to them!!!!
I have so many emails of lies from them!!
I still dont know if I will get my money!!!
Last email was on friday and they said their bank has released the money and I will get it on Monday ... will its Friday and still no money!!!!!
DO NOT GO TO THEM!!!!!

OFXOFX

They will change rates as they see fit

Wanted to do a one off transfer and locked in a FX rate via their website after creating an account. Transfer got cancelled and I had to speak with one of their representatives. Was advised a significantly lower rate would be offered and the original rate was no longer valid, checked spot rate and there was no movements. Checked their online booking service and there was also no movement. Didnt waste my time setting up a new transfer only to have it cancelled again, save yourself the time, these guy have no idea what they are doing.

TERRIBLE COMPANY!

avoid at all costs

DeeBusselton

Disappointing!

Dee

Thanks for reaching out to me and for your positive and practical actions. I will give OFX another chance the next time I need to transfer money.

OFXOFX

Thank you Dee. Again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We look forward to giving you a better experience in the future!

Disgruntled!

Disgruntled!Brisbane

Terrible, Horrible, Must be New At This!!!

Lost $1400 dollars on return exchange rates after money was returned to me... then the excuses came flooding in... but only after repeatedly calling for answers...
Will haunt you with follow up calls, emails, promising to be your personalised client manager prior to you parting with your money but as soon as you pay the funds, contact stops...
Only two reasons why I have given one star rating... for one, I can't give zero and secondly, they did manage to complete my $50 trial transfer to ensure the funds would reach my recipient... but it took 5 days! Sending anything larger creates astronomical problems...

Antonio ANSW, 2765

Hides behind the buracratic wall

Mozzie

MozzieAdelaide

Quick and efficient plus good rate

I just made a transfer from Sweden to Australia and I'm very happy with the ease of the process. Phone support was very good and it was easy to set up a new account. Before transferring I checked the exchange rate on netdania.com where you can see rates in 'real time'. I phoned up to get a quote which was around 0.5% (probably less) from the spot exchange rate. (for smaller sums you'd get a worse rate I'm sure) I locked in that quote and made the transfer from Sweden to a domestic account. A day later the funds were transferred to my aussie account. No extra fees. I'm pretty sure going through the banking system I would have had to pay fees, got a bad exchange rate and it would have taken longer. Happy customer!

Service is fine but rates are not competitive

I have used OFX for some time. Once set up, the service itself is fine. However, they used to have very competitive rates for transfers but this has been slipping. They are no longer that competitive. Need to shop around to get the best rates. Most of these services offer you a great initial rate, but then you have to keep comparing because the rates become very ordinary.

Daniel E Conrad

Daniel E Conradasked

I have had a bad experience with OFX lately, When it all started everything was just great all my transfers went through without a problem until i tried checking up my OFX account online because i sent some funds to a family friend who was not around to check up to see weather the funds has reached his bank account so just when i decided to check my OFX account online i was asked to call them before i could gain access to my account which i did only for one of the workers there to talk to me like i was some criminal for using their service after using it for months with no problems until i got off the phone and sent them an email demanding and asking them about the last transfer i made and made it clear to them about sending my funds back to me if it hasn't gotten to the recipient that was when their manager sent me an email telling me the funds was sent back to them for no reason and i simply asked this guys to send back my funds to my bank account just the same way they debited it out of my account only for the manager to tell me to go to my bank and ask them to make a recall before i get my money , I went to the bank and my bank manager had no idea of what a recall is even though the OFX manager seems to be the only nice person at that department am starting to loose my patient all i want is my money back i have read a lot of cases like this why would you stress people before sending back their funds to them ? You guys better make a ACH wire transfer to my account of the exact funds you debited out of my account i am not interested in dealing with you again all i want is my funds or i will sue you , I made a that transfer on 11th July till now am unable to get my money back since the transfer to the recipient bank was not successful and you confirmed to me that you have my money with you please kindly send back my money into my bank account or i will sue your company i won't wait much longer again . I won't advice or recommend any one to use OFX when i believe there are better money transfer companies out there who would not keep their customers funds for any reason.

Sharman

Sharmanasked

Hi, my OFX account is in Australia but I am working in France now for a short time. I have just entered a new recipient to my account because I want to exchange some AU$ from my home bank in OZ into euros and deposit it to the new recipients account. However, the new addition is not showing up on my list of recipients so I cannot complete the transaction. My new recipient is a company in Germany from whom I am purchasing a car - if that makes any difference. Any ideas?

Hi Sharman,

Would you be able to please send us an email at customer.service@ofx.com or give us a call at +44 207 614 4194, and we will have a look at your account? Alternatively, you could also send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter, and our customer service team will assist you with this query.

Best regards,
The OFX team

dcad

dcadasked

I would like to transfer money from Japan to Canada. Does OFX offer a Japanese domestic bank account, so that I can fund the transaction with a domestic transfer? Thanks.

Hi dcad,

OFX holds a bank account based in the Japanese Yen but it is not a domestic Japanese account. It is held offshore.

Kind regards

The OFX Team

Get an answer from our members and OFX representatives