3.3

• Timeliness
BPeters

BPeters

Absolutely recommend OFX

We have made 4 large transfers from Canada to Australia during our move. The process has been hassle free and fast. We have had nothing but professionalism from customer service.

Mark

Mark

Total waste. Refusing to return funds

I have been a customer for 10 years. Transfer thousands of dollars between my accounts. The last transfer my customer number was out by 1 digital. Provided proof of transfer and they are refusing to return funds. Basically they have stolen my funds. DONT USE THIS COMPANY

Rates and Fees

OFX has no way of refunding money!!!!!!!

Jes

JesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shocking customer service

Sleazy and fraudulent

Delay transferring fund.

This company merged from OzForex which we have used 10 years. The service was good. However, the current one which called OFX is not as good as before. Often we have got a deal and pay the fund immediately to OFX. The fund will sit in their account for a few days before being remitted. Terrible!

Imprint

ImprintSydney

Worst experience I've had sending money USD to AUD - Do not use.

Worst experience I've had sending non trivial amounts of money.
Do not trust these jokers with your money, they sat there for a week with 40,000 of my money just in limbo due to a compliance team error where I 'slipped through the cracks'.

Unacceptable to be in this position with no updates or notices as to why this transfer was stalled, never mind the fact people may be waiting for this money. Totally unprofessional and their customer support team just shrugged this off as small issue. It may be small to them but 40k is a lot of money to me.

Patrick M.

Patrick M.

Complete Incompetence

Worse FX service I’ve ever received. 6 weeks on and off the phone with them after my TX was cancelled by them.

30 emails and 10 phone calls just to get me 10K back. No one took any responsibility and was just pushed from person to person.

Stay away!

Rates and Fees

To be avoided. They accept no responsibility when your money goes missing even if all the details are correct.

Patrick the Very Unhappy

Patrick the Very UnhappySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Go elsewhere

WORST AND TOTALLY INCOMPETENT

Made a transfer to India on a Monday and received a confirmation email that the funds had been paid on Tuesday. Money hasn't arrived up until even the next tuesday. Its been a week and the money transfer is for emergency medical expense overseas. Calling them is the most frustrating experience. No one has a clue about what's the status of the money is! Each time it's a different customer service person, who would give a different date on when they had made the payment. Its a big smoke screen and nothing is transparent. Pray to god that I will get my money at some stage!!

willnotuseofxagain
willnotuseofxagain

ordeal Deal ID:543196D2

Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible Customer Service

I told them that I was confused with the way their website works and that I was looking at other companies like TransferWise and they straight up told me You are better off using transfer wise. And then hang up on me. Worst experience with customer service Ive ever had

Simmo64

Simmo64AU

Terrible, good luck getting an account setup.

Preempted an international transfer for ongoing business expenses, didn't setup the account in time even though they had over 4 weeks to arrange and missed the deadline to make the transfer.

Edwina Deen

Edwina DeenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst Customer Service I have ever received from any company in Australia

I have NEVER received worse service from any company EVER! It is hard to fathom why service centre staff would go our of their way to try NOT help instead of being helpful if you giving them business.
I was about to do my 3rd transaction with them when I was spoken to again in a way that is not acceptable EVER.

OFX seriously? Have you not heard that in these days customer service is the only thing that sets you apart from your competition?

I just called another Forex company and you can not compare. I don't even know why I bothered after the first bad mannered staff member.

Sara

Sara

Fast great rates responsive deliver

Have used this guys for over 12 months now, monthly. Large and small amounts. Money arrives quickly, great comparable rates, respond quickly to queries, and no fuss. Took a while to meet all the regulations at set up but I understood that is due to the money laundering rules they must abide by. Highly recommend.

Nick R.

Nick R.

Worst funds transfer company ever.

Tried sending just $600 AUD to a friend in Thailand so that they could book some accommodation and transport for me for an upcoming holiday. All fairly unstructured with no firm plans - didn't want to be tied down to any particular schedule. OFX took my money held it for two days then rang me demanding an invoice to support the transfer otherwise they wouldn't process. Obviously cannot provide an invoice so now I have to spend time collecting all the screen shots for the transfer in an attempt to get my money back from these idiots.

Rates and Fees

OFX can't be trusted or recommended.

Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

Cheap and efficient

I used this service on several occasions when transferring money to Europe. Initially there were a few documents to fill in to verify ID. But once that was done the transactions were smooth and efficient. They saved me money as well as they're much cheaper than the banks. I'm very happy with them and will continue to use them into the future.

Unhappy

UnhappySydney, NSW

OMG SCAM SCAM SCAM

Stay away from this company. Hit me up if you want the story but OMG this was the worst experience ever.

Long delays getting money anywhere, expensive, no customer support. Please please please avoid.

Mahmoud Khaled

Mahmoud KhaledGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect Customer Service team

Even my experience was rough at the beginning, but cannot regret that their Customer service team had gone above and beyond to sort the issue.
Special thanks to Champion BaileyS for great efforts, professionalism, patience and perfect client management attitude!
Enjoy your very well deserved weekend
Yours respectfully
MK

Daniel E Conrad

Daniel E Conradasked

I have had a bad experience with OFX lately, When it all started everything was just great all my transfers went through without a problem until i tried checking up my OFX account online because i sent some funds to a family friend who was not around to check up to see weather the funds has reached his bank account so just when i decided to check my OFX account online i was asked to call them before i could gain access to my account which i did only for one of the workers there to talk to me like i was some criminal for using their service after using it for months with no problems until i got off the phone and sent them an email demanding and asking them about the last transfer i made and made it clear to them about sending my funds back to me if it hasn't gotten to the recipient that was when their manager sent me an email telling me the funds was sent back to them for no reason and i simply asked this guys to send back my funds to my bank account just the same way they debited it out of my account only for the manager to tell me to go to my bank and ask them to make a recall before i get my money , I went to the bank and my bank manager had no idea of what a recall is even though the OFX manager seems to be the only nice person at that department am starting to loose my patient all i want is my money back i have read a lot of cases like this why would you stress people before sending back their funds to them ? You guys better make a ACH wire transfer to my account of the exact funds you debited out of my account i am not interested in dealing with you again all i want is my funds or i will sue you , I made a that transfer on 11th July till now am unable to get my money back since the transfer to the recipient bank was not successful and you confirmed to me that you have my money with you please kindly send back my money into my bank account or i will sue your company i won't wait much longer again . I won't advice or recommend any one to use OFX when i believe there are better money transfer companies out there who would not keep their customers funds for any reason.

Sharman

Sharmanasked

Hi, my OFX account is in Australia but I am working in France now for a short time. I have just entered a new recipient to my account because I want to exchange some AU$ from my home bank in OZ into euros and deposit it to the new recipients account. However, the new addition is not showing up on my list of recipients so I cannot complete the transaction. My new recipient is a company in Germany from whom I am purchasing a car - if that makes any difference. Any ideas?

Hi Sharman,

Would you be able to please send us an email at customer.service@ofx.com or give us a call at +44 207 614 4194, and we will have a look at your account? Alternatively, you could also send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter, and our customer service team will assist you with this query.

Best regards,
The OFX team

dcad

dcadasked

I would like to transfer money from Japan to Canada. Does OFX offer a Japanese domestic bank account, so that I can fund the transaction with a domestic transfer? Thanks.

Hi dcad,

OFX holds a bank account based in the Japanese Yen but it is not a domestic Japanese account. It is held offshore.

Kind regards

The OFX Team

Get an answer from our members and OFX representatives

Other Money Transfer Services