Listing monitored by OFX

• Timeliness
Gilbert T.
Gilbert T.

Excellent product

Quick. Transparent. Even when I made a mistake and incurred a fee for small transaction they reversed it without charge. I have transferred across multiple countries and currencies without a hitch. Well done and keep it up

Poor service after hours

I have used OFX for a personal account for 4+ years without one problem 5star service. I opened a business account and every transfer has been delayed or nor sent on time. eg Money received Friday. Monday 8:30pm the funds have not been transferred. Reason: "we do not transfer everyday to India". "If you have a problem, you have to speak to your account manager." Staff in UK who support after hours are not interested to help and can not access the account and give an intelligent answer.

Transformer
TransformerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect transfer

RJT
RJTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great customer support and service but painfully slow

I had to call up and chase my money 3 times as the time to receive funds and transfer to my account was slower than expected. However when I spoke to customer support team they were great and prioritised my transfer to be processed, at that point it was quickly transferred to my account. Just be aware an international money transfer to be accepted by them will take up to 5/6 working days!

Hussam
HussamMelbourne

Very arrogant and unprofessional

I tried to access my account which I didn't use for long time and I received an Email asking me to contact customer service before I regain access. When I called them, I've been told that my account is blocked and can't be reactivated due to compliance issue without any further explanation. The lady was so rude and told me I can't give you the reason behind closing your account and you should find another service provider to send me abroad!

Not recommended at all.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Oh my gosh, what a scam

I called a couple different times on a Saturday to obtain a quote for a $50,000 transfer. Both times they said that they go by the closing rate on Friday. Well, on Friday at 5:00pm the pure exchange rate for CAD to AUD was 1.0767. The rate I was offered 1.0509. That is an absolutely terrible rate, if you're going by Friday's close-of-business rate! I have been using these guys for years, but won't be using them going forward. What a joke.

Ash
AshSouth East Queensland, QLD

pathetic service, delayed my payment, poor customer support. didn't compensate me on deducted amount

not a good service, delayed my payment, poor customer support. didn't compensate me on deducted amount. I am not going to recommend OFX for any transfers overseas. I am not satisfied with them

Abhi
AbhiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

SCUMBAGS that's the only word suits them

I have made 4 transfers and every damn time there was a delay. With last one, it took whooping 2 weeks and 3 days and that transfer for was for a COVID patient. You can imagine how hard this would have been to tolerate.

I confirmed the relation to the recipient right away but yet the transfer was delayed by over 2 weeks just because the agent simply ignored it.

I raised a complaint and had to follow up over 5 times and then they said we can't offer anything as a compensation.

There are A LOT of discrepancies in their own communication which makes one confuse as to why I am even dealing with these IDIOTS.

They said they put me on a better margin rate which simply rubbish as everyone else was getting the same rates as I did.

Patrick
PatrickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding speed and best exchange rate

I regularly transfer funds from the UK to OZ and check for the best deals before committing. I recently committed to a deal at 3pm on Friday, not expecting the funds to be available until the following week. I was amazed to see the funds in my Oz bank account 4 hours later. And, the deal was the best was a decent margin. Well done OFX.

Frustrating service

Have been dealing with OFX for a few months.this time they didn’t transfer to recipient.why? Had to call them.doing a review of account.asked many questions.a [Name Removed] in customer service tried to be helpful but review department would not give him information.still waiting.a company all spin and no performance when you need it.shop elsewhere

Niraj
Niraj

Stay far far away - very poor service

DNB
DNBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Over Zealous , not transparent and wrong

We collected funds from garage sales, personal donations and Go Fundme to assist a branch of Indonesian Red Cross to work with Covid relief. OFX wanted details, charity number etc Understood need for that. No real help in specifying details. Provided adequate information, but refused service for no reason, other than internal policy that they refused to explain. Refused to delete personal information. Do not use this company if you want good service.

Pam
PamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away from this company

Herman
HermanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rude staff, "Useless global currency" account. Do not use

Incompetent staff and practices

A number of staff sent me conflicting information then proceeded to gaslight me be requesting more and more I fit stiin that they already possessed. When I asked for a refund they now want proof it was paid and what account it went in and out of (they are still holding the funds in their account which they acknowledged) and they were the ones that offered the refund in the first place because after 22 transfers it all of a sudden didn’t suit them that the bank account is trsnsfered from 22 times was not allowable any more

Read more reviews - page 2

Daniel E Conrad
Daniel E Conradasked

I have had a bad experience with OFX lately, When it all started everything was just great all my transfers went through without a problem until i tried checking up my OFX account online because i sent some funds to a family friend who was not around to check up to see weather the funds has reached his bank account so just when i decided to check my OFX account online i was asked to call them before i could gain access to my account which i did only for one of the workers there to talk to me like i was some criminal for using their service after using it for months with no problems until i got off the phone and sent them an email demanding and asking them about the last transfer i made and made it clear to them about sending my funds back to me if it hasn't gotten to the recipient that was when their manager sent me an email telling me the funds was sent back to them for no reason and i simply asked this guys to send back my funds to my bank account just the same way they debited it out of my account only for the manager to tell me to go to my bank and ask them to make a recall before i get my money , I went to the bank and my bank manager had no idea of what a recall is even though the OFX manager seems to be the only nice person at that department am starting to loose my patient all i want is my money back i have read a lot of cases like this why would you stress people before sending back their funds to them ? You guys better make a ACH wire transfer to my account of the exact funds you debited out of my account i am not interested in dealing with you again all i want is my funds or i will sue you , I made a that transfer on 11th July till now am unable to get my money back since the transfer to the recipient bank was not successful and you confirmed to me that you have my money with you please kindly send back my money into my bank account or i will sue your company i won't wait much longer again . I won't advice or recommend any one to use OFX when i believe there are better money transfer companies out there who would not keep their customers funds for any reason.

Sharman
Sharmanasked

Hi, my OFX account is in Australia but I am working in France now for a short time. I have just entered a new recipient to my account because I want to exchange some AU$ from my home bank in OZ into euros and deposit it to the new recipients account. However, the new addition is not showing up on my list of recipients so I cannot complete the transaction. My new recipient is a company in Germany from whom I am purchasing a car - if that makes any difference. Any ideas?

OFXOFX

Hi Sharman,

Would you be able to please send us an email at customer.service@ofx.com or give us a call at +44 207 614 4194, and we will have a look at your account? Alternatively, you could also send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter, and our customer service team will assist you with this query.

Best regards,
The OFX team

dcad
dcadasked

I would like to transfer money from Japan to Canada. Does OFX offer a Japanese domestic bank account, so that I can fund the transaction with a domestic transfer? Thanks.

OFXOFX

Hi dcad,

OFX holds a bank account based in the Japanese Yen but it is not a domestic Japanese account. It is held offshore.

Kind regards

The OFX Team

Get an answer from our members and OFX representatives

Other Money Transfer Services