OFX

Complete Incompetence

Worse FX service I’ve ever received. 6 weeks on and off the phone with them after my TX was cancelled by them.

30 emails and 10 phone calls just to get me 10K back. No one took any responsibility and was just pushed from person to person.

Stay away!

Rates and Fees

Fast great rates responsive deliver

Have used this guys for over 12 months now, monthly. Large and small amounts. Money arrives quickly, great comparable rates, respond quickly to queries, and no fuss. Took a while to meet all the regulations at set up but I understood that is due to the money laundering rules they must abide by. Highly recommend.

Rates and Fees

Worst funds transfer company ever.

Tried sending just $600 AUD to a friend in Thailand so that they could book some accommodation and transport for me for an upcoming holiday. All fairly unstructured with no firm plans - didn't want to be tied down to any particular schedule. OFX took my money held it for two days then rang me demanding an invoice to support the transfer otherwise they wouldn't process. Obviously cannot provide an invoice so now I have to spend time collecting all the screen shots for the transfer in an attempt to get my money back from these idiots.

Rates and Fees

OFX can't be trusted or recommended.

My first impression of OFX was great. But my first transaction was horrible. OFX took my money then moments later they called to say that the transaction was cancelled by their automated internal risk assessment software system. I was told that my transaction did not meet their risk assessment criteria and that they were heavily regulated. I was given no specific policy, rule or law that I was not in compliance with. I was given no mechanism or indication about what I did "wrong" nor any opportunity to remedy the situation or recover the transaction or restore my account. I was told that they closed my account, and not only that, but I would never be allowed to open any other accounts with OFX. And they refused or claimed to be unable to issue a refund or reverse the ACH transfer, and that I would have to ask my bank to do a "recall" from "USFOREX" using "Bank of New York Mellon". OFX was not able to provide me with any pther details related to the transaction such as ABA, routing number, transaction numbers, dispute departments. There was absolutely no customer support at all the instant they took my money. Naturally, my bank has no idea what a "recall" is. They have an online dispute system which is unable to process disputes of my specific scenario. Now I have to go to a branch and confuse someone else who likely has no idea what to do. They may likely tell me that I can not get my money back from USFOREX. I verified my identity with - and had funds ready for - OFX. The recipient is someone I have known for about a year and I have deemed authentic, seen passport, talked to daily. It was a personal loan for family support. Now there are multiple lives being negatively affected by OFX's broken system and policies. They had all my information verified and accepted. They had my money in hand. I made the informed decision to assess my own risk to make a personal loan. OFX had all the recipient details. I was told that most of the recipient details did not matter as long as the SWIFT/BIC and Accpunt Number were correct. OFX could have informed me by automated process at any time while I was setting up the transaction, any time before they took my money or gave false hope and promises of a professional service. They could have an automated process to reverse ACH transfers. They could have a problem resolution process to let me at least be informed about problems and given an opportunity to clarify, make things right or accept my own risk, or facilitate a refund. These would be the earmarks of a professional and competent business, of which OFX is most assuredly not. I can not in good conscience recommend OFX for anyone serious about doing business. If things work out ok with any particular transaction, OFX may seem like a stellar company. But the horrible handling of any problems negates any perceived benefit.

UPDATE: After a week of back and forth getting jerked around, finally a manager contacted me and sent a refund via ACH, which is what should have happened in the 2nd place. In the 1st place, if they had some secret additional qualifiers to be a customer, then the transaction should never have progressed this far. The experience left me with the impression that they bully the unwitting customer and bank on them giving up on getting a refund. Either the company is seriously broken or seriously sketchy. They repeatedly claim they are very serious about complying with all government regulations. Let's see if the FTC agrees with that statement after an investigation.

Cheap and efficient

I used this service on several occasions when transferring money to Europe. Initially there were a few documents to fill in to verify ID. But once that was done the transactions were smooth and efficient. They saved me money as well as they're much cheaper than the banks. I'm very happy with them and will continue to use them into the future.

OMG SCAM SCAM SCAM

Stay away from this company. Hit me up if you want the story but OMG this was the worst experience ever.

Long delays getting money anywhere, expensive, no customer support. Please please please avoid.

Perfect Customer Service team

Even my experience was rough at the beginning, but cannot regret that their Customer service team had gone above and beyond to sort the issue.
Special thanks to Champion BaileyS for great efforts, professionalism, patience and perfect client management attitude!
Enjoy your very well deserved weekend
Yours respectfully
MK

Hi Mahmoud, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we are disappointed to hear that you have not received the customer service experience that we strive to provide. One of our management team will be in contact shortly to discuss and help resolve this situation for you. Kind regards, The OFX TeamHi Mahmoud, Thank you for updating your review on your experience with OFX. I am glad to hear that we were able to resolve your initial issues and come to a positive outcome. We will also pass on your great feedback to Bailey! We hope you have a great weekend. Kind regards The OFX Team

EXTREME TRANSFER DELAYS

I have been waiting 2.5 months for some cash to be transferred, I have spent a lot of time trying to understand why the delays have occurred and have found this company to be a huge disappointment.

Hi Reka, We apologise for the delay in replying to your review but thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We have been unable to locate your account with us but we would like to look into this for you further. If you could please send an email to customer.service@ofx.com and reference this review so we can look into your account and help resolve this for you. Kind regards, The OFX Team

Efficient and professional transfer!

Hi. Organised a transfer when I set up my account. All done in a very timely and effective manner with funds fully transferred in 3 days with a great exchange rate and you can call them 24 hours to speak to someone if you have any queries. Fabulous!!

Hi M, Thanks for providing positive feedback. It's great to hear you enjoy our service, and we're always happy to help!

Rip off!!!!

Its a shame I can only give them 1 star :(
I just wanted 700 USD and its been 4 weeks and still no money has been transferred!!!!
Do not go to them!!!!
I have so many emails of lies from them!!
I still dont know if I will get my money!!!
Last email was on friday and they said their bank has released the money and I will get it on Monday ... will its Friday and still no money!!!!!
DO NOT GO TO THEM!!!!!

Hi Kim, We apologise for the delay in replying to your review but thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you were not provided the customer service experience that we strive to provide so we would like to look into this for you further. However, I have been unable to locate your account with us. If you could please send an email to customer.service@ofx.com and reference this review so we can look into your account and help resolve this for you. Kind regards, The OFX Team

They will change rates as they see fit

Wanted to do a one off transfer and locked in a FX rate via their website after creating an account. Transfer got cancelled and I had to speak with one of their representatives. Was advised a significantly lower rate would be offered and the original rate was no longer valid, checked spot rate and there was no movements. Checked their online booking service and there was also no movement. Didnt waste my time setting up a new transfer only to have it cancelled again, save yourself the time, these guy have no idea what they are doing.

Hi Sunny Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with OFX. It appears you experience has fallen well short of our usual high levels of service. Due to to the highly regulated industry that OFX works within we do need to verify your details on your initial transfer with us. We will reach out privately to you for more details and to see if we can seek resolution. Kind regards The OFX Team

TERRIBLE COMPANY!

I need to make some small transfers for utility bills, and after signing up for an account with OFX and uploading my passport I received a welcome letter and thought all was well. Then the fun started when they needed two docs proving my identification and address (which I promptly supplied). After over a WEEK of calls and emails -- all with different reps and all saying something different -- nothing has been sorted out. It appears that there is no continuity or organization between the AUS, UK and US offices. I have signed up with other companies in the past and was given a designated representative who would even email me in real time, seamlessly helping me set up my account, but OFX appears to be a big jumbled mess of people who don't know what is going on. Going forward I would not trust them and will not be doing business with them.

Hi Mo Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with OFX. It appears your experience has fallen short of our usual high standards of service. OFX is required to verify all our client's identification during the onboarding process, however we do strive to make this process as seamless as possible. One of our management team will reach out to you privately for more information so we can seek resolution for you. Kind regards The OFX Team

avoid at all costs

I initiated a large transfer with OFX and was unable to make the payment due to it being well above what the transfer limit that my bank allows with due to OFX being an “untrusted company” upon realising this I immediately sent my “account manager” an email informing them of this and asking for a suitable resolution.

I heard nothing in reply for 5 days until a different “account manager” told me that I would need to pay the money ASAP or would be required to pay over $5000 AUD in penalty fees as the exchange rate had changed over that time. Somehow under the impression that their complete lack or customer service and lack of professionalism is in some way my responsibility.

Now I am being threatened with legal action due to the transaction being incomplete through no fault of my own.

Avoid this company at all costs especially when moving large amounts of money, there are lots of other companies that are more professional and also offer better rates.

Absolutely disgusting.

Disappointing!

This is the first time I've used OFX instead of a SWIFT bank transfer and what a disappointment! OFX told me they are faster than SWIFT because they transfer money within the foreign location, from bank to bank, so there are not delays once you pay OFX. I set up the transfer request, paid OFX via instant pay in a bank-to-bank transfer (so they received my payment same day). It took them three days to confirm receipt of the money and another day to transfer funds to the foreign bank...which have still not arrived. Called their call centre and was told the funds are with my foreign bank, and tried to make out that my foreign bank is causing the delay. I explained that my foreign account is a platinum account, which means my deposits clear instantly. Absolute silence from the call centre guy... Basically, OFX is a whole lot of extra effort for absolutely zero benefit. If you're thinking about using them instead of a SWIFT bank transfer, save yourself the hassle and stick with you can rely on.

Hi Dee, We appreciate the time you have taken to provide OFX with valuable feedback. Unfortunately it does seem your experience has fallen short of our usual high levels of customer service. We have private messaged you to address your concerns. Kind regards, The OFX teamThanks for reaching out to me and for your positive and practical actions. I will give OFX another chance the next time I need to transfer money.Thank you Dee. Again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We look forward to giving you a better experience in the future!

Terrible, Horrible, Must be New At This!!!

Lost $1400 dollars on return exchange rates after money was returned to me... then the excuses came flooding in... but only after repeatedly calling for answers...
Will haunt you with follow up calls, emails, promising to be your personalised client manager prior to you parting with your money but as soon as you pay the funds, contact stops...
Only two reasons why I have given one star rating... for one, I can't give zero and secondly, they did manage to complete my $50 trial transfer to ensure the funds would reach my recipient... but it took 5 days! Sending anything larger creates astronomical problems...

Hi and thank you for providing valuable feedback. We strive to provide high levels of customer service but in this case it seems as though your experience has fallen short of these standards. We would like to investigate this further and have private messaged you to ask for more details. Kind regards, The OFX team

Hides behind the buracratic wall

After having an account for a couple of years, our latest engagement saw them cancel our account. I am told there were compliance issues. I am a compliance nazi, our operations are clean as a whistle. What I found to be beyond obnoxious is that way that they treated us during this transfer. It was held up in the process and when we enquired they wanted more and more paperwork. Then over a 6 week period, TWO of their consultants confirmed they would work with us to work out the bugs. Then after the payment was late and OUR reputation was put on the line they closed the account without a conversation. When I rang and complained they stood behind the corporate line that they had no obligation to advise why. Not only did their compliance team get it wrong, not that you get to speak to anyone there, but they denied the conversations that had been had. Trust me, this operation doesn't pass the pub test. If you are looking for a company that will stand with you at the time you need help, find someone else. You just get tired of dealing with companies that are "Too big to fail".
What would happen if YOU treated YOUR clients in this way?

Hi Antonio Thank you for taking the time to provide this candid feedback regarding your recent experience with OFX. Due to the nature of the industry that OFX operates in we must adhere to very strict guidelines regarding compliance. Our management team has reached out privately to discuss your situation. Kind regards The OFX TeamHave discussed at nausium for 6 weeks and was told that I will not get to speak to anyone above the middle management I spoke to. AND it wasn't the compliance issues you have to adhere to that caused the stress, as I said in my complaint, I understand that, it is that you WON'T let anyone know why. AND your team led me down a garden path for 6 weeks. You should stick to your mission statement. Some in your team have not read it.

Quick and efficient plus good rate

I just made a transfer from Sweden to Australia and I'm very happy with the ease of the process. Phone support was very good and it was easy to set up a new account. Before transferring I checked the exchange rate on netdania.com where you can see rates in 'real time'. I phoned up to get a quote which was around 0.5% (probably less) from the spot exchange rate. (for smaller sums you'd get a worse rate I'm sure) I locked in that quote and made the transfer from Sweden to a domestic account. A day later the funds were transferred to my aussie account. No extra fees. I'm pretty sure going through the banking system I would have had to pay fees, got a bad exchange rate and it would have taken longer. Happy customer!

Service is fine but rates are not competitive

I have used OFX for some time. Once set up, the service itself is fine. However, they used to have very competitive rates for transfers but this has been slipping. They are no longer that competitive. Need to shop around to get the best rates. Most of these services offer you a great initial rate, but then you have to keep comparing because the rates become very ordinary.

Hi Sarah Thank you for talking the time to share your recent experience with OFX. OFX does strive to offer highly competitive rates to all our customers on all transfers. We do rate match where feasible. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you and seek resolution. We will reach out privately to seek further information from you. Kind regards The OFX Team

Hesitant to use this service

Ohhh boy - I’m still on an early stage of using this services, not sure how to handle it. I have 4 international transfers lined up but I was waiting to see what’s the first experience like. I love the update from their customer service team including online update. I transfer AUD to $2730 FJD. Fees of AUD$15 was also charged, NAB charged $10. With OFX exchange rate, it turns out to be a bit better than NAB. Cut long story short, it was paid in to my Fiji bank account with less $10 FJD. Together with bad reviews online, i will better stick with NAB for now!

Hi Pats Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. OFX does charge a $15 fee for all transfers under the value of $10000 AUD. Above this threshold there is no fee incurred. When transferring funds to a Fijian account there is the possibility of a third party bank taking a small fee. OFX does not receive this fee and will always transfer the value as stated when you confirm a transfer with us. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us further. We will reach out privately for more information. Regards The OFX Team

Worst forex transfer I have used

I started a new transfer with ofx around a week ago which they cancelled on their own accord citing security compliance. When I called them up they told me they had not received the money inspite of me getting a confirmed transfer from my bank. After 3 calls to them and having to send them screenshots as proof that I have transferred funds to them they manage to find my funds :/ All this and they still have the audacity of charging a fee of $15
Never going to use them again

Hi Checksum Thank you for talking the time to share your feedback on your recent experience with OFX. Due to the highly regulated nature of the industry that OFX operates in we occasionally need to cancel a transfer. If this is the case we will always endeavour to speak directly with our client before this takes place. We do require proof of payment documents in situations where insufficient information is available on the source of the funds such as a reference number. This is a security protocol and employed for the safety of our clients funds. Should you wish to discuss this matter further we have reached out privately for more information so we can attempt to seek a resolution for you. Regards The OFX Team

I have had a bad experience with OFX lately, When it all started everything was just great all my transfers went through without a problem until i tried checking up my OFX account online because i sent some funds to a family friend who was not around to check up to see weather the funds has reached his bank account so just when i decided to check my OFX account online i was asked to call them before i could gain access to my account which i did only for one of the workers there to talk to me like i was some criminal for using their service after using it for months with no problems until i got off the phone and sent them an email demanding and asking them about the last transfer i made and made it clear to them about sending my funds back to me if it hasn't gotten to the recipient that was when their manager sent me an email telling me the funds was sent back to them for no reason and i simply asked this guys to send back my funds to my bank account just the same way they debited it out of my account only for the manager to tell me to go to my bank and ask them to make a recall before i get my money , I went to the bank and my bank manager had no idea of what a recall is even though the OFX manager seems to be the only nice person at that department am starting to loose my patient all i want is my money back i have read a lot of cases like this why would you stress people before sending back their funds to them ? You guys better make a ACH wire transfer to my account of the exact funds you debited out of my account i am not interested in dealing with you again all i want is my funds or i will sue you , I made a that transfer on 11th July till now am unable to get my money back since the transfer to the recipient bank was not successful and you confirmed to me that you have my money with you please kindly send back my money into my bank account or i will sue your company i won't wait much longer again . I won't advice or recommend any one to use OFX when i believe there are better money transfer companies out there who would not keep their customers funds for any reason.

Hi, my OFX account is in Australia but I am working in France now for a short time. I have just entered a new recipient to my account because I want to exchange some AU$ from my home bank in OZ into euros and deposit it to the new recipients account. However, the new addition is not showing up on my list of recipients so I cannot complete the transaction. My new recipient is a company in Germany from whom I am purchasing a car - if that makes any difference. Any ideas?
Hi Sharman, Would you be able to please send us an email at customer.service@ofx.com or give us a call at +44 207 614 4194, and we will have a look at your account? Alternatively, you could also send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter, and our customer service team will assist you with this query. Best regards, The OFX team

I would like to transfer money from Japan to Canada. Does OFX offer a Japanese domestic bank account, so that I can fund the transaction with a domestic transfer? Thanks.
Hi dcad, OFX holds a bank account based in the Japanese Yen but it is not a domestic Japanese account. It is held offshore. Kind regards The OFX Team

Other Money Transfer Services