Online Travel Insurance

Online Travel Insurance

Professional and Caring

My wife broke her foot in France on Day 3 of a 5 week holiday. We navigated the French medical system (and later the UK medical system) ourselves and collected the necessary documentation.
The underwriters medical assistance team organised a business class fare home for her (she needed to keep her foot elevated) and our medical expenses were reimbursed following our claim when we got home. Best possible outcome!!!
(This was the first time we have used OTI, but not the last!!)

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationEurope
Insurance TypeSingle Trip
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi David - sorry to hear about your wife's foot, but happy to hear we were able to help you out. Regards, Anthony.

Easy claim format and prompt payment

First time I have used this company and am very impressed with their claim process. It was easy to navigate the claims process and payment in full was prompt.
Highly recommended.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Hi Megan, thanks for recommending us! Regards, Anthony.

Didn't use it, but glad to have it.

This is the first time I used this company for travel insurance. I bought it last minute literally 10 minutes before I got on the flight because you never know what happens. The online service was quick easy and it even allowed me to send my insurance details to a nominated person which was really handy. For what I was looking for and the price I paid definitely would use this company again as it was alot cheaper then other companies and offered the same if not more of what I wanted to get covered. Didn't need to make a claim, so I can't comment on that but the services was very convenient for me.

Hi Bianca, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony

Insurance for cruise

I had not used online Travel Insurance previously. It was easy to sign up for insurance and very clear instructions were provided in case if I had to make a contact to claim.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Raj, thanks for the review, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Affordable travel insurance but claim process is takes a long time

Affordable insurance, had a medical emergency in USA and getting our insurance claim approved was quick but the process of paying the medical providers (was a really big bill) took ages and OTI doesn't contact the medical providers, they forward it to a specialised international provider (adds a further 8-12 weeks to the claim process) who is suppose to contact the hospital, ambulance and doctor billing departments about payment.

Though they never did (we had to call internationally to all these departments to check on the accounts - costed us nearly $100 of international call). We also had an issue with the 'international provider' about a DOB discrepancy (I am assuming they got it mixed up with the American formatting date), so after 12 weeks of sorting, it had to start again which would've made it another 8 - 12 weeks (all up this entire claim process took 5 months). So instead we paid all the bills ourselves which costed us over $10k and had to wait 10 days for that to be reimbursed back to us.

In the end, would've rated it a 5 stars if everything was completed within the time frame and that information given to us was consistent. Unfortunately, it wasn't like this for us. Had high hopes for this insurance after reading positive reviews about the claim process when we were choosing which one to buy, but sadly it has disappointed us and I don't think we want to purchase it again, not for USA at least, since it was so stressful (mental and financially) for us to complete the claim.

Thank you to Anthony for reaching out to us and having a look on our case though! He managed to get one of the claim consultant to give us a ring the next day and organised settlement for our claim. Really appreciate the service.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jenny, thanks for the review. Regards, Anthony.

Awesome travel

This is first time to used this insurance company. And its good the price affordable love it. Thanks to all and god bless!

Insurance claim madeNo
Thanks for the great review! Cheers, Anthony.

Easy to obtain

I was travelling to Kuala Lumpur - didn't need to claim anything. But ease of applying, will utilise in future

Hi Bruno, hope you had a good trip! Cheers, Anthony

wife's peace of mind

first time using this company. price was cheap. gave the wife peace of mind while I was away. I don't normally bother

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Colin, thanks for the feedback! Cheers, Anthony.

Good company

Overall a good company to use for insurance. I was backpacking through South East Asia and it was good to know I had safety with my insurance at my side. Only issue I had, when I tried to submit for a claim due to an incident at an atm, they were unable to help as it wasn’t stolen from my person which made it quite fustrating but that’s all, hopefully my bank can assist. Overall pleased

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Jacob, thanks for the review. Cheers, Anthony.

Easy to sign up, affordable and recommended

1 but will use it next time. Not sure how to write more words when the answer is once. Thank you

Insurance claim madeNo
Thanks for the review. Cheers, Anthony.

Excellent service and customer experience.

I have used travel insurance with you a number of times and have not had a problem. Loved the insurance options I choose.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Vanessa, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Can’t say much unless there is a claim and how it all works out

2 to 3 times
Can’t say much unless there is a claim and how it all works out when claiming and what serivce you provide to reimburse

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi, hope you had a good trip. Cheers, Anthony.

Great Travel Insurance Company

The fist time I have used this company & I would definitely use again. Great all round policy extremely competitive with all the bells & whistles included to suit your requirements.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Ronh, glad to hear you've been happy with Online Travel Insurance! Regards, Anthony.

Cheap travel insurance

First time ,lucky didn't have the need to claim.Lovely to receive a welcome hhome message.Will use when travelling next ttttime.

Insurance claim madeNo
Thanks Michelle! Regards, Anthony.

Very efficient

Wouldn't leave home without it! Good value, extensive coverage, choices for different levels of coverage. I traveled for 6 months.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Andy, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Good Value

Have not had to claim but have read plenty of good reviews. Recommend to any serious traveller looking for great coverage at a great price.

Insurance claim madeNo
Thanks for recommending us! Cheers, Anthony.

May be cheap to buy but hard to deal with when making a claim and getting updates on claim.

Once and will never look back again using them :(
I would rather pay either out of my pocket OR try other alternatives.

Nice and low cost

Have used company twice while travelling nice and cheap . Never had to use but I hope never have to just comfortable to know I have it

Insurance claim madeNo
Thanks for the feedback. Cheers, Anthony.

Faith in insurance restored

I got a virus while travelling Thailand on my honeymoon (Last time I swim in a muddy pond with elephants) and ended up in hospital in Chiang Mai. Unfortunately my wife and I were due to fly out the following day back to Australia, we had to miss our flight and overstayed our visa; not a great end to an incredible honeymoon. My wife doesn't cope well in a crisis, but she called OTI while I was in La la land with a fever and they managed to sort out everything really quickly. We managed to cover the hospital stay and expenses, missed flights and even a last night in a hotel while we waited for our new flights....all the extra unexpected expenses we got back. A word of advice...if a doctor tries to take you to surgery in Thailand to remove your appendix and you have no abdominal pain, just say no thank you, if my wife wasn't there to talk on my behalf chances are I would now be minus an appendix and probably the proud owner of a pare of breasts.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Matt, sorry to hear about your illness, but glad to hear that you are all good now and that we were able to help you out. Cheers, Anthony.

Seamless Claim Process

I was a bit skeptical about Online Travel Insurance (OTI) after reading reviews here about claims unreasonably being denied on 'productreview' website. I must say that I had no such experience. I filed my claim on 6th Nov for reimbursement of flights and accommodation costs due to cancellation of my trip, courtesy of a burglary at my place where the burglar stole my passport and few other things.
I called OTI and informed them about the situation. I was then sent an email where I had to document reason for cancellation and provide evidence such as police report and flight itinerary. I further received an acknowledgment email about my claim followed by a phone call confirming the claim and its aspects. Exact 10 days later, on Nov 16, I had been refunded the flight costs and accommodation expense less the applicable excess ($200).
Hence, I will recommend OTI without a question!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi, thanks for the great review and that we were able to help you out! Cheers, Anthony.

Hello, My son has allergies that require us to carry an epipen. (we've never had to use it) if we purchase cover with you/. (six weeks in Europe next year) will he be covered?
Hi Tali, it's best to call our call centre 1800 010 078 to discuss as they'll be able to provide you more details than I can. Regards, Anthony.

Hi, can I extend my travel insurance if I find myself wanting to stay overseas longer. Looking to be away for 2 months but might be 3 months if I can?
Hi Ralph, yes you can under certain conditions - see page 5 of the PDS - https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf. Regards, Matt.

I am already in USA now. Can I buy the travel insurance?
Hi Carrie, thanks for the question. On Page 4 of our PDS (https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/file/pdf/Product%20Disclosure%20Statement.pdf) it says that insurance is only available before you commence your journey, and your journey commences and ends in Australia. Regards, Anthony.For your peace of mind, travel insurance for me is a must have.

Similar listings