4.4 from 1,003 reviews

Just perfect

Just perfect for a short journey with basic coverage needed at a great price. It was very easy to set up using the online portal and very quick as well.

Thanks for the nice feedback! Regards, Tegan

Lulu

LuluVictoria

Good value and easy to set up

It was my first time using Online Travel Insurance. It is user friendly very easy to fill in the form and good value for money. I wont
hesitate to use them again

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

Thanks for the review Lulu! Regards, Tegan

Very bad

Online insurance billed me from my credit card without actually creating a policy! I had to request a refund of my money, which would take 7-10 days. How is it possible to bill me without creating a policy?

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Marc, I'm very sorry to hear about that. Has this been resolved or is there anything I can do to assist? Kind regards, Tegan

Not good

No longer insurance needed so I requested for a refund according to cooling off policy
Contacted them and supposed to receive a response in 23 hours which I never did receive

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Zara, I'm sorry to hear that - I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Zara
Zara

Hi Tegan,
I have not received a message yet

ADW

ADWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Weird gender default

We didn't have to use this policy, but I did have very good experience talking to the help desk when I had to sort some admin out. But... I am female, and booked to cover my male travelling partner and myself. I am the primary user noted. The email address is mine. I paid. I'm also older. Yet every email I got was addressed to my male partner. We have different surnames and my title is 'Ms'. I don't know why in this day and age such a default exists, but it's a touch belittling and a little off-putting for next time.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi there, thanks so much for the feedback and for bringing this to our attention. I agree with you - that's not cool! I will investigate to see what's happened here and let you know what I find out. Kind regards, Tegan

Sam C

Sam CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Streamlined Experience.

Didnt have to use it but experience with OTI was very easy and simple. Good value for what you get. Usually use these guys every time I travel. Good rates.

Thanks for the review Sam! Regards, Tegan

Richard

RichardMid West, WA

Not required - but Comforting to know it was there

Value for length/duration and destination was very good 'value for money'.
Caught in a big typhoon most of the time in Philippines and developed heavy chest infection (my wife got a bit sick but was probably somewhat acclimatised to conditions (although now 10yr Australian citizen).

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Sorry to hear you ran into a few problems on your trip Richard. But thank you for the kind words re our value for money. Regards, Tegan

MBH

MBHSydney Surrounds, NSW

Going to Bali for Schoolies - Now feel safe

Easy online - great value - I feel very safe and secure knowing that I am insured - Going to Bali for Schoolies - hoping I dont have to claim - my parents very happy that I am insured.

Thanks for the review and I hope you have an amazing time at Schoolies! Tegan

Isabelle P.

Isabelle P.Sydney, NSW

Easy to set up & affordable

Third time purchasing this travel insurance. Super easy to set up. All done online. Unable to comment on the claim process as never ended up lodging a claim (lucky me)!

Thanks for the review Isabelle! Regards, Tegan

Mike

MikeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect

Online Travel Insurance was recommended to me by friends that I trust. Their offer was very clear and precise, so it was easy to imagine a situation that the insurance would be needed. Fortunately, we did not any assistance, but it helped us the have peace of mind during our, extended holiday.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Mike, thanks for your review. Great to hear of your experience! We look forward to welcoming you back as a customer. -Online Travel Insurance

Joeltravel

JoeltravelPerth, WA

Great, easy and stress free.

Application was easy to complete and all correspondence was very prompt. Luckily did not have to lodge a claim while overaseas but great to have the piece of mind of the comprehensive cover. Would recommend and will be using them again for any future trips.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Great to hear of your positive experience, andthanks for your review, Joel!

Graeme Healy

Graeme HealyCentral Queensland, QLD

Good value and safe in the knowledge that it's there if I need it

I did not need to make a claim but felt comfortable with it.The policy was very easy to set up. I took it out online and having it made me feel secure

Insurance Cover For:Senior

Hi Graeme, thanks for your feedback. Great to hear! - Online Travel Insurance

Milliegate

MilliegateGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

worth it just knowing your covered

this is the 2nd trip we have used OTI, was one of the cheapest we found, very simple to sign up & pay. Such a reassurance knowing you have it. One of our group became ill & had 3 nights in Shanghai hospital, blood test, ultra sounds, urine & multiple other tests. all up $15k. We haven't any experience claiming from OTI

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior

Thanks for the review! Regards, Tegan

Ingy Pingy

Ingy PingyPerth, WA

Good value for money

Doing the comparison with other policies it was easy to set up. We did not have to claim so unable to make any further comments with regards to the process.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Kind regards, Tegan

Good value insurance

Good value product. Peace of mind when travelling with insurance cover. Online travel insurance offers very competitive pricing on their policies. Have used them in the past but so far havent made any claims. Easy to get a policy online.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Thanks for the review Benny! Regards, Tegan

Darren

DarrenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Always seems to be the best cover for a great price.

Good value. Has more cover for less than other companies.

Fortunately we hav never had to make a claim.

Used online insurance many times before, always seems the best value all round.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

Thanks for the review Darren! Regards, Tegan

Under 18 travel insurance

One of very few insurance policies that made it easy to purchase for an under 18 year old travelling without an adult. Easy to review costs, including the must have snow cover for a European winter. Best value that I could find.

Insurance Cover For:Teenager
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Kiki, so glad to hear we were able to assist you, and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Europe! Kind regards, Tegan

Red Curl

Red CurlCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Disappointed

Due to taking out the cover in January after booking flights to Denpasar. Due to no fault of mine the airline cancelled my original flight and was given no option but to fly to my destination a day earlier. I contacted your office to amend my initial policy and was told that I had to take out a new policy to make the amendment for the date change and that the policy that I took out had been amended and did not have the same cover. I explained to the customer service person that I was not to blame for the cancellation and to top it off had to pay an additional fee. I felt that there was no understanding of the change, didn't even say we will look into it. Very disappointing.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. I will get in touch via private message to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Katie

KatieSydney, NSW

Super easy to deal with & great coverage

Great value, will use again. We didn’t need to claim but these guys were super easy to deal with & price was very competitive. We only booked the day before travel & all was sorted in 25 mins

Insurance Cover For:Teenager

Thanks for the review Katie! Kind regards, Tegan

This is perfect. It is my first choice online travel insurance.

I have been using this online trave insurance for over 10 years. In term of the contents and cost, it is customers friendly, practical and easy to access. I recommend to all my friends to use this insurance all the time.

Thanks for the recommendation Wanda! Kind regards, Tegan

David

Davidasked

If we have to extend our stay because of a delayed or cancelled flight is the cost of extra night accomodation covered

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your query.

I have pasted the below information from the Product Disclosure Statement which I hope assists.

Section 3.2 Travel Delay Expenses
3.2.1 WHAT WE COVER
If a delay to your journey, for at least 6 hours, arises from circumstances outside your control, we will reimburse the cost of your reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
We will pay up to $200 at the end of the initial 6 hour period. In addition we will pay up to $200 for each full 24 hour period that the delay continues beyond the initial 6 hour delay.
3.2.2 WHAT WE EXCLUDE
We will not pay if:
a] a delay to your journey arises from an act or threat of terrorism; or
b] your claim is caused by the financial collapse or insolvency of any service provider.

Of course terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all policies so I would strongly encourage you to read the PDS (available here https://travel.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/onlinetravelinsurance/File/Download?docType=PDS) to get a full understanding of what's covered and what's not.

I hope this has helped answer your question!

Kind regards, Tegan

Phil T.

Phil T.asked

does the policy include riding motorcycle?

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Phil, thanks for your question. Yes, motorcycle riding up to 250 cc is an automatically included activity, but of course restrictions apply. For bikes over 250 cc you can purchase an Adventure Pack for additional coverage. Exclusions apply to motorcycle riding for example if you are not wearing a helmet or do not hold a motorcycle licence. I would advise reading the PDS to understand all the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply and see if the policy suits your needs. Hope this helps! Regards, Tegan

Victor Tran

Victor Tranasked

If my destination as below :
Travelling to
Vietnam; France; Italy; Germany; Netherlands; Lao People's Democratic
Republic; Taiwan, Province of China; Philippines
Regions covered in
Europe; Asia; Pacific; New Zealand; Australia

Does it mean if I visit Thailand or England and need insurance cover, I still eligible for it since Regions covered states : "Regions covered in Europe; Asia."

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Victor, please call 1800 010 078 to discuss as I can't give advice in this forum. Regards, Anthony

Get an answer from our members and Online Travel Insurance representatives