Peace of mind health/wise

Easy to set up and pay ... good value for a 2 week holiday in Vietnam and Cambodia when really only needed health cover.. first time user but will use again

Insurance Cover For:Senior
Claim MadeNo

Extremely easy to set up. Answer a few simple questions online. Very cost effective. Thankfully have not had to make a claim but would expect the claim process to be as trouble free as the set up process. Have used before and will use again.
Recommended.

Claim MadeNo

Easy and effective and good value

Happy with what we choose from the product. I have used at least 10 times in the past years. So far we always look for this travel insurance when we are going for a trip.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

So easy

Well I haven't had to claim yet as I haven't left the country yet BUT the purchasing of this policy was just so easy and excellent value for money. Hoping I don't have to claim but if I do lets hope that will be just as easy. By the reviews it will be. This is the 2nd time I have used this company and luckily I didn't have to claim then either. After trying over the last 3 days to purchase travel insurance with other companies and giving up with all the fiddly details, expensive policies and actually purchasing one and not getting a policy number even though my money had been taken out by Woolworths insurance and taking 2 days to organise to get my money back I am so glad I finally remembered this company again. I will lock it in my memory bank this time. Thank you Online Travel Insurance for making life easier.

Thanks Lynne!

Feel like secure with travel insurance

Feel like secure with travel insurance Good value, and easy to set up I did not any claim.2 times I insured with online travel insurance.I highly recommended to every body.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review Matt! Regards, Anthony.

Great Value & Service

Second time with OTI (incl Adventure pack) as the best value & product covered our needs
Online system is easy to use. Policies are easy to understand and reference what is covered
First time we needed make a claim (damaged camera) online lodgement was easy. Had a reply same day & reimbursed within 3 days. Thanks OTI, happy customer

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks Deb, Regards, Anthony.

Terrible experience

I have used Allianz/ Online Travel Insurance several times before, but never had to make a claim. This time I did. They showed their true colours.
My domestic plane to Melbourne was delayed, which means I missed my international flight. Policy claims they will pay for "Reasonable expenses" when a journey is delayed for 6-24 hours or more (the wording for this in their policy is extremely convoluted).
Uber into Melb and back ($90), hotel ($300) and meals ($100).
According to the policy, the costs of changing a ticket due o missed connection should be automatically reimbursed ($140). The carrier only has one flight per day, so 24 hours was my minimum delay.
Policy has a $200 excess. I submit all documents. I base my claim on missed connection, travel delay and that I had an event to go to (I submitted these docs as well).
Allianz reject the claim stating that "reasonable expenses for a 24 hour delay" IS actually $200 (in Melbourne?). They refuse to pay for the flight change as well. Allianz send me an email stating they have "trying" to get in touch with me. My phone works just fine.
I dispute their decision. Three weeks later I receive another email again stating they have "trying" to get in touch with me. Again, the phone works just fine and no missed calls or messages. Allianz ask me to call them back on a 1800 number. I tell Allianz I am now overseas and 1800 numbers do not work so kindly reply via email. Allianz do not respond...
Their insurance is misleading and the wording convoluted. The reason people take insurance is to cover their backs with unforeseen incidents. Allianz misleads customers; their product does not deliver what it promises to or what consumers have paid for. I will now take my case to Consumer Affairs.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony.

Excellent experience

I’ve never had to make a claim before in my many years of travelling but this time I did. I was worried the process would be difficult and require much back and forth. However, what I experienced was an easy online process which concluded favourably within a few days. I will definitely be using these guys again next time I travel.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Pat, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Travel with peace of mind

The policy I purchased was good value for money easy and quick
First time using your company also it was good to know that anything happens you there to assist

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Hi Solomon, thanks for the review! Regards, Anthony

Great value!!!

Very good value for money, compared to other travel insurance companies. I highly recommend Online Travel Insurance, and will definitely be going with them again.
Very happy with their service

Thanks Stephanie! Regards, Anthony

Breaking own policies!!!!

Thought when I lodged my claim it would be simple! Water damaged phone on holidays in Thailand. I provided all documentation and waited out my 10 business day outcome. I call at 1pm on the 10th business day to be told they havent looked at it yet but someone will get to you today before 8pm. Already disgusted i called at 645pm to see if I should start replacing my phone to hear a recording to call between business hours! I have not had a phone or been contactable by work friends or family for two weeks now!! This is unacceptable after purchasing comprehensive cover!!

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimPersonal Liability
Hello Craig, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony.

I'm sorry. the customer service have no knowledge to help. they made me hold for several times.

did lodge a claim. but cannot claim anything. because it's not part of my product summary. n the lady took more than half an hour to explain me this. kept me holding again and again and asking me the same question

Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hello Shani, I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Terrible Policy please read product disclosure statement you are not covered if your carrier cancels

This is the first time using this Insurer, I chose the Essentials Plan which advised in 'bold' cancellation was covered. The carrier cancelled the flight and I was left stranded overseas, this policy does not cover additional cost associated with having to get emergency alternate flights as it would suggest when purchasing. Very disappointing

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony.

Like your passport, this is a must have!

Travelling overseas is exciting and full of discovery, but it also could present incidents or situations which cannot be expected or planned - like lost luggage through to hospital treatment. I have always travelled with security of a policy that is jam packed full of cover, and OTI offer this selection with an easy purchase process. This is my 4th trip using OTI! Fortunately I have not needed to make a claim. OTI are my preferred provider for travel insurance!

DestinationEurope and Middle East
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review Wayne! Regards, Anthony.

Travel insurance claim

Yes good value.
Just hard to be 100% sure about the policy until you lodge a claim and you go through that process but all good from taking out the policy and cost and what is offers

Claim MadeNo
Thanks Darryl! Regards, Anthony.

Was good to be covered

Was good value, very easy to set up though internet. Fortunately we did not need to use the policy, so I cannot comment if they are effective in resolving claims.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
Claim MadeNo
Hi Claude, hope you had a great trip! Regards, Anthony.

Good value insurance

Hi, I have used online travel insurance on all of my recent trips and find this company very good value for money, I had occasion to lodge a claim on a trip in 2012 and found the process easy and that it was dealt with professionally and efficiently, credit where it’s due, satisfied customer.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks Brian! Regards, Anthony.

Well-priced policy for peace of mind

This is the second time I have used Online Travel Insurance for a holiday. Happily, I had no need to make a claim, but knowing I had coverage while I was travelling Europe was a huge relief. I was impressed with the pricing for my cover and will definitely use them again when I next travel.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks Lauren! Regards, Anthony.

Basic affordable cover

Most affordable I could find glad I shopped around. Basic cover for a 9 day trip for peace of mind - $65 for 2 adults. Unlimited medical - basic dental and basic luggage.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Amy, glad to hear you were happy with us! Regards, Anthony.

Fantastic - easy claim process

I took out comprehensive cover for myself, husband and toddler. When completing the medical section, my husband had a few conditions that wouldn't be covered, but we decided to proceed with it anyway as it was so cheap ($90) and seemed to cover quite a lot.
My toddler ended up getting sick, resulting in a hospital admission the night before our flights, so we had to cancel our trip.
I found the claims process very easy and straightforward, and it was approved within a couple of weeks. We received all our accommodation and flight expenses back, minus a $200 excess. I would definitely use Online Travel Insurance again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Holly, sorry to hear about the trip but glad to hear we were able to help out. Regards, Anthony.

If my destination as below : Travelling to Vietnam; France; Italy; Germany; Netherlands; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Taiwan, Province of China; Philippines Regions covered in Europe; Asia; Pacific; New Zealand; Australia Does it mean if I visit Thailand or England and need insurance cover, I still eligible for it since Regions covered states : "Regions covered in Europe; Asia."
Hi Victor, please call 1800 010 078 to discuss as I can't give advice in this forum. Regards, Anthony

does your 1 300 number work from overseas countries? eg How do you dial from USA? Also, how far in advance of a travel date (ours is Dec 20 2019, ) can you take out a policy as we have already purchased airfares and hotel.
Hi, more about contact details here - https://www.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/connect-with-us/contact-us. The 1300 number won't work from overseas- best to email. You should be able to book travel insurance in advance now. Regards, Anthony.A bit silly to quote a 1300 number for overseas emergency help isn’t?

My son is leaving Australia and is going to college in the states and has his medical insurance sorted but we need a travel policy for whilst he is flying and his first few days before he starts college. Are we ok to book one from 8 Aug - 15 Aug even though he will not be returning to Australia? Thanks Kath

Online Travel Insurance - Basic PlanOnline Travel Insurance - Essentials PlanOnline Travel Insurance - Comprehensive PlanOnline Travel Insurance - Multi-TripOnline Travel Insurance - Domestic Plan
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1800 010 0781800 010 0781800 010 0781800 010 0781800 010 078
Address310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia310 Ann Street, Spring Hill QLD 4000, Australia
Email Address enquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.auenquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.auenquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.auenquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.auenquiries@onlinetravelinsurance.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact NoNoNoNoNo
Online Live Chat NoNoNoNoNo
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Maximum Age Covered 74 years old74 years old74 years old74 years old74 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Covered
Accidental DeathNot IncludedNot Included$15,000$15,000$15,000
Emergency Dental$1,000$1,000$1,000$1,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) Not IncludedNot Included24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $5,000$50 per day, up to $5,000Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$10,400$10,400Not Included
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$15,000$15,000Not Included
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$250$250$250
Delayed Luggage Not Included$250 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours$500 after 12 hours
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot Included$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)$5000 (combined with Travel Documents cover)Not Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot Included$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)$5,000 (combined with Credit Card Fraud cover)Not Included
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)$3,000 (computers, video recorders, cameras), $1,000 (mobile phones), $750 (all other items)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$5,000$10,000$10,000$10,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00$1,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedOptional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000Optional, up to $10,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included up to 50ccIncluded up to 50ccIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures PackIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures PackIncluded up to 50cc, optional extra for greater engine capacities in Adventures Pack
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included