4.4 from 1,036 reviews

Claim ApprovedNo
Darren bryden

Darren brydenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting

This was the first and will be the last time I use this company, currently stuck overseas, what am I covered for, sorry we cannot help you this is clause blah blah, that being the case how did you continue to sell policies. The policy appeared to be fair value until asking for assistance, speechless and stranded. Thanks for nothing

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Darren, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I will send you a private message to get further details so I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

The No Cover Insurance

Only pay for this insurance if you require NO COVER. Corona Virus is devastating. I paid for our insurance in September 2019 well prior to Corona hysteria. Of course a pandemic isnt covered. Our travel agent went broke. Of course insolvency isnt covered. This insurance company simply want your money with absolutely no intention to service or pay on claims that are completely out of our control. This is why one buys insurance. This has been a complete rip off. So disappointed.

Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Larissa, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with the outcome of your claim but thank you for sharing your feedback. Kind regards, Tegan

Blue

BlueSydney, NSW

Too Easy

We did not use this,policy price was excellent all done online very easy would say the cheapest I have found do not know what the claim process is like first time customer.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the feedback Blue!

Bejoy Menon

Bejoy MenonPerth, WA

Ideal for short overseas trips

Easy to set up. Fortunately no need to make a claim. I have used this company twice. Once for me and my wife to Bali and now for my solo travel to India. Police to has good value for premium paid.

Great to hear Bejoy!

Matt Griffith

Matt Griffith

Best cheap insurance you can buy!

Cheapest quality insurance on the market.. Always sending emails and updates so your never miss anything. I will always choose the company as ive never had an issue with them!

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Wonderful to hear! Thanks Matt.

Grateful

GratefulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Policy was good value

Policy was good value. Didn't have to use it so can't comment on the claim process.
Fast and easy to set up online at best price i found online.

Having to use words up here!

Thanks for the review!

Covers everything necessary

It was easy to set up and decide which cover to choose! We had to make a claim due to airline cancelations and rebooking additional flights and we are in the process of getting our claim back! This is the first time we have used this insurance company and I'll definitely be using them for our next trip!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

That's so good to hear! Thanks for the review.

Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's so rewarding knowing with peace of mind that in the unfortunate event something unforeseen happens while travelling

The process of going through the quote and ease of use was very good. The value of the policy was exceptional. This is our first time to try Online Travel Insurance and won't be the last.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Fantastic to hear! Thanks Andrew.

Ash760442

Ash760442Victoria

Charged for nothing!

Tried to purchase online travel insurance, got to payments and there was an error message an tried again, tried several times, happened to check my balance later and saw that I’d been charged 10 times!! Now they are telling me 10 business days to return the money! They are thieves! Look elsewhere!!

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Ash, I'm very sorry to hear this happened, but thank you for alerting us to the website payment issue. Kind regards, Tegan

Roland

RolandSydney, NSW

Quick & Convenient Cover

This insurance cover was easy to review and complete online within minutes. Fortunately I didn't have to make a claim but it was good to know if something did go wrong there was backup.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

That's great to hear, thanks for the review Roland!

Alberino I.

Alberino I.Sydney, NSW

Very bad customer service

My flight to Italy was cancelled a week before i was meant to fly. I sent an email to ask if i was eligible for a refund of the actual insurance as I wasnt travelling anymore. What it really upset me is not the not refund but to have been completely ignored. No reply, no call, no message

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Alberino, I'm very sorry for the delayed response to your email. I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Great value for the money

I've used this company three times and think its great value. It was really easy to set up on line. Will definitely use again and recomend to family and friends when they travel

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the recommendation Teena!

Lisa

LisaPerth, WA

Hid that they weren't covering disruption caused by Corona Virus from the 31/01 onward

I feel tricked! When I brought travel insurance to Bali during the time of Volcanic activity the company made clear that they weren't covering this in their policy. Online Travel Insurance should have done the same with regards to Corona Virus rather than hiding in deep somewhere in their T&Cs . Very sneaky!

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Kazollah

KazollahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Felt peace of mind

I thought this policy was great value and so easy to sign up. Thankfully I’ve not had to make a claim, will certainly get a quote when I travel again.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

That's good to hear - thanks for the review Kazollah!

cyloh

cylohEastern suburb of Melbourne

Did right by us

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Cyloh, thanks for sharing your claim experience and I'm so glad to hear we were able to help you in the US. Kind regards, Tegan

Need to claim did not arise.

The need to claim did not arise and we have no complaints for the service. We have nothing else to comment in order to make this review at least 30 words in length as requested.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Hilary

HilaryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Have purchased this insurance on 5 separate occasions and will not be purchasing it again ever!

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Hilary, I'm very sorry to hear about that but thank you for sharing your feedback. I have passed it onto our sales team. Kind regards, Tegan

Couldn’t recommend it more !

I could not recommend it more. I needed to go to the hospital. I logged my claim, which was easy and quite quick to lodge. They got back to me within a few days. I got my money a week later. They were very professional and did not have a single issue.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks so much for sharing your positive claim experience India!

Sue

Sue

Don't know how good it is as I didn't need to call on it

Very easy to set up and seemed like good value
No claims made so can't evaluate claim process.
I think this is the 2nd time - I always go via Compare the Market

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the nice feedback Sue!

Barry Barnett

Barry Barnettasked

Online Travel Insurance

I booked and paid for a holiday from company A. Their advertisement showed the number of nights in each city, but did not name the hotel we were to stay with. As it turns out company A engaged company B to lock in and paid for our accommodation. On paper, all good. However, company B went into liquidation, now company A wants us to bear the cost for new accommodation. Can this be right? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Barry, give us a call on 1800 010 078 and we'd be happy to assist with any enquiries you have. Kind regards, Tegan

David

Davidasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

If we have to extend our stay because of a delayed or cancelled flight is the cost of extra night accomodation covered

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your query.

I have pasted the below information from the Product Disclosure Statement which I hope assists.

Section 3.2 Travel Delay Expenses
3.2.1 WHAT WE COVER
If a delay to your journey, for at least 6 hours, arises from circumstances outside your control, we will reimburse the cost of your reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
We will pay up to $200 at the end of the initial 6 hour period. In addition we will pay up to $200 for each full 24 hour period that the delay continues beyond the initial 6 hour delay.
3.2.2 WHAT WE EXCLUDE
We will not pay if:
a] a delay to your journey arises from an act or threat of terrorism; or
b] your claim is caused by the financial collapse or insolvency of any service provider.

Of course terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all policies so I would strongly encourage you to read the PDS (available here https://travel.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/onlinetravelinsurance/File/Download?docType=PDS) to get a full understanding of what's covered and what's not.

I hope this has helped answer your question!

Kind regards, Tegan

Phil T.

Phil T.asked

Online Travel Insurance

does the policy include riding motorcycle?

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Phil, thanks for your question. Yes, motorcycle riding up to 250 cc is an automatically included activity, but of course restrictions apply. For bikes over 250 cc you can purchase an Adventure Pack for additional coverage. Exclusions apply to motorcycle riding for example if you are not wearing a helmet or do not hold a motorcycle licence. I would advise reading the PDS to understand all the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply and see if the policy suits your needs. Hope this helps! Regards, Tegan

Get an answer from our members and Online Travel Insurance representatives