4.4 from 1,022 reviews

Kazollah

KazollahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Felt peace of mind

I thought this policy was great value and so easy to sign up. Thankfully I’ve not had to make a claim, will certainly get a quote when I travel again.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

That's good to hear - thanks for the review Kazollah!

cyloh

cylohEastern suburb of Melbourne

Did right by us

DestinationEurope, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Cyloh, thanks for sharing your claim experience and I'm so glad to hear we were able to help you in the US. Kind regards, Tegan

Need to claim did not arise.

The need to claim did not arise and we have no complaints for the service. We have nothing else to comment in order to make this review at least 30 words in length as requested.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Hilary

HilaryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Have purchased this insurance on 5 separate occasions and will not be purchasing it again ever!

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Hilary, I'm very sorry to hear about that but thank you for sharing your feedback. I have passed it onto our sales team. Kind regards, Tegan

Couldn’t recommend it more !

I could not recommend it more. I needed to go to the hospital. I logged my claim, which was easy and quite quick to lodge. They got back to me within a few days. I got my money a week later. They were very professional and did not have a single issue.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks so much for sharing your positive claim experience India!

Sue

Sue

Don't know how good it is as I didn't need to call on it

Very easy to set up and seemed like good value
No claims made so can't evaluate claim process.
I think this is the 2nd time - I always go via Compare the Market

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the nice feedback Sue!

Easy to arrange.

The policy was easy to apply for, price was competetive. The whole process was simple and quick. I have not needed to claim this is my second time using this travel insurance and I will definitely use them again when traveling.

DestinationEurope
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the great feedback Ester!

Robert

RobertPerth, WA

Expensive

Sadly with a minor medical condition the cost blew out, would I go with them again? probably not, just too expensive and not flexible in their approach. First and last time to use them.

For basic cover then they are ok.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the constructive feedback Robert. We appreciate it and it helps us to continually improve our products, customer service and processes. Kind regards, Tegan

Liz S.

Liz S.Perth, WA

Reasonable price with good cover

Used online travel several times and thankfully not had to use it yet. Always good value with cover levels that suit my needs. Easy Online purchase. Will definitely use again

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the nice feedback Liz!

Gill

GillSydney, NSW

Never use so cant rate

Cant comment as a claim was not made and not needed
Only able to comment and test when claim is necessary
Application is no issue but that irreverent when checking for performance

Darren

DarrenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would go anywhere else!

We wouldn't go anywhere else for travel insurance. Have only had to claim once althought we have have many o/seas travels. Have just got back to Australia from.o/seas yesterday and.while we did not have to make a claim, we would always choose Online Travel Insurance with 100% assurance based on past experience. Be honest with them when applying and they will back you 100%.

DestinationNew Zealand
Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the wonderful feedback Darren, so great to hear!

Messyhair

MessyhairGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy peasy

Easy to buy. Good price. Liked being welcomed home by email! Thanks. Did not have to lodge claim, so interaction was purely online without any dramas. First time as customer.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

That's great to hear! Thanks for the review.

mick

mickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simple to use

I travel overseas three times a year and always purchase travel insurance for medial peace of mind. Out of 30 plus trips I have never made a claim. This time on a trip to Indonesia I got Bali belly. I went to the doctors kept all receipts and lodged them online on returning home. Wow, I had my money back in 24hrs WOW.
You never know good travel insurance is until you have to use it. In this case, they were great.

Thank you.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Thanks so much for sharing your claim experience Mick! Regards, Tegan

Patrick

PatrickSydney, NSW

Very Disappointing ! Definition of a relative obscured in the fine print!

After contacting Online Travel Insurance when our 37 year old NIECE was tragically killed in a car accident, only to informed their definition of a relative stops short of our extended family . Our daughter is one of 18 nieces and nephews!
So needless to say when we had to cancel our holiday and return to Australia - we lost a significant amount of money because we had to reschedule flights and were unable to keep hotel accommodation bookings.

This was extremely disappointing and clearly had a significant financial strain at a time when w were griving our loss.

Charitha

CharithaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed

As for the price paid it's good value but didn't had option to put emergency contact number. And also due to flight resheduled I rang them and inquired my options but felt like they just needed my money and customer service is very bad.
All in all, don't recommend to anyone.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Charitha, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. Is there anything at all I can do to assist or has this now been resolved? Kind regards, Tegan

Jeffck9

Jeffck9Western Australia

Peace of Mind

A cheap and easy to set up travel insurance that gives peace of mind should there be an emergency and knowing that it's backed by a company with a solid reputation.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

That's great to hear! Thanks Jeff.

Bill

BillSydney, NSW

Rip off worst company ever did not honor claim don't waste your money deceiving never again so annoyed terrible comp.

DestinationMiddle East
Type of ClaimOther and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo
Insurance Cover For:Adult, Child and Teenager

Frederick S.

Frederick S.Perth, WA

SCAM did not deliver as promised. Very BAD.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Janet Firth

Janet FirthFar North Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

This policy is very easy to set up and I feel a fir price for waht's offered..
I've used this policy a few times now and, although I've never had to make a claim, I'll continue to use it.

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Thanks for the review Janet, and we look forward to insuring you on your next trip!

Just perfect

Just perfect for a short journey with basic coverage needed at a great price. It was very easy to set up using the online portal and very quick as well.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Thanks for the nice feedback! Regards, Tegan

David

Davidasked

If we have to extend our stay because of a delayed or cancelled flight is the cost of extra night accomodation covered

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your query.

I have pasted the below information from the Product Disclosure Statement which I hope assists.

Section 3.2 Travel Delay Expenses
3.2.1 WHAT WE COVER
If a delay to your journey, for at least 6 hours, arises from circumstances outside your control, we will reimburse the cost of your reasonable additional meals and accommodation expenses.
We will pay up to $200 at the end of the initial 6 hour period. In addition we will pay up to $200 for each full 24 hour period that the delay continues beyond the initial 6 hour delay.
3.2.2 WHAT WE EXCLUDE
We will not pay if:
a] a delay to your journey arises from an act or threat of terrorism; or
b] your claim is caused by the financial collapse or insolvency of any service provider.

Of course terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply to all policies so I would strongly encourage you to read the PDS (available here https://travel.onlinetravelinsurance.com.au/onlinetravelinsurance/File/Download?docType=PDS) to get a full understanding of what's covered and what's not.

I hope this has helped answer your question!

Kind regards, Tegan

Phil T.

Phil T.asked

does the policy include riding motorcycle?

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Phil, thanks for your question. Yes, motorcycle riding up to 250 cc is an automatically included activity, but of course restrictions apply. For bikes over 250 cc you can purchase an Adventure Pack for additional coverage. Exclusions apply to motorcycle riding for example if you are not wearing a helmet or do not hold a motorcycle licence. I would advise reading the PDS to understand all the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply and see if the policy suits your needs. Hope this helps! Regards, Tegan

Victor Tran

Victor Tranasked

If my destination as below :
Travelling to
Vietnam; France; Italy; Germany; Netherlands; Lao People's Democratic
Republic; Taiwan, Province of China; Philippines
Regions covered in
Europe; Asia; Pacific; New Zealand; Australia

Does it mean if I visit Thailand or England and need insurance cover, I still eligible for it since Regions covered states : "Regions covered in Europe; Asia."

Allianz PartnersOnline Travel Insurance

Hi Victor, please call 1800 010 078 to discuss as I can't give advice in this forum. Regards, Anthony

Get an answer from our members and Online Travel Insurance representatives