4.4

4.4
4.5

ripcantrell
ripcantrellPerth, WA40 posts

Misled and difficult to withdraw from the course

I enrolled in a Uni course through OUA and found the initial process pretty straight forward compared to ECU. I explained I was looking for a course which is flexible to fit in with my current circumstances an I was very clear about this. I was recommended a course and was told it met my requirements. I have subsequently found it does not and I am trying to withdraw from the course. I have been told I have to print and complete a form, really in 2024!
Kylie C.
Kylie C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor,poor,poor

OUA has caused nothing but stress to someone I know. Am deepy UNSATISFIED and DEEPY DISAPPOINTED in their lack of service and support.
Disgruntled student
Disgruntled student

Resolution process on par with the worst government department

They will delete duplicate accounts and tell you after the fact while you have active enrolments. And then take 14 days to refund you the money when they take it out of your account immediately. The customer service people are not equipped to deal with this so they have to escalate it via a case with no time frame. They did this to me one week before the start of the semester when the opportunity to re-enroll has closed. The only reason I found out was because I tried to log into my uni email and couldn't. Only to check my OUA registered email to find out this is what they have done. Poor form, stupid process. They essentially unenrolled me without consent, putting me out of pocket temporarily.
samar s.

John GomezSydney, NSW3 posts

charcoal151
charcoal1517 posts

Best decision

Open university great idea for those of us with time constraint, I can study from any place anytime Show reply
all h.
all h.2 posts

Beware: stay away from OUA if you can, just apply straight to the uni

OUA promises a lot but when it comes to issues with the university they can not help at all
ie: grants and entitlements that the university offers won't apply to you if you are enrolled via OUA, and there seems to be no other benefit of enrolling via OUA.
Thus, stay away from OUA if you can, just enroll straight at the university
Fatemeh
Fatemeh2 posts

Student advisors do not have right information

Please do not trust them. They misinform you. Their information is not correct. Enrol through universities websites yourself and enrol directly into the universities not via open universities. if you have to enrol through them read everything yourself and do not trust their information.
Grant Dawson
Grant Dawson

Rubyredrose18
Rubyredrose18South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

I wouldn't trust them to handle my studies

I wouldn't trust them to handle a 3 item shopping list let alone my future studies or education.

They messed me around when enrolling, firstly resulting in me being enrolled in the wrong subjects. Then after fixing it (or what I thought was fixed) I got past the census date to find out the subjects they had enrolled me in weren't able to be credited as I was told resulting in over $3,500 of wasted HELP debt and nowhere to go with it.

Candy
CandyPerth, WA15 posts

Returning messages very poor

Leave lots of messages online and they never get back to you. Given up now.
Chanthao Thammavongsa
Chanthao ThammavongsaSydney Surrounds, NSW

It is a rewarding experience. I got all the positive solutions and advices for my issues

Very happy the way with the way I have been treated by advisors of the university. Show reply
Sandy
SandyVictoria

I’m enjoying it

I am satisfied with the course content and resources. I’m managing my studies Show reply
Wendye K.
Wendye K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Academic and Professional Communications

I found this to be a very hard subject to do. Unfortunately, I had some personal issues arise and I wasn’t able to do my Assignment 3.