mario 1968Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Third time lucky

Had eye test , picked frames
1 being readers
1 being every day wearing
After 2 weeks go in for fitting , my every day wear of glasses has the wrong script
Wait another 1 1/2 weeks pick glasses up , they have a defect in the glass.
The store assistant ( Mary) tells me third time lucky, apologies things happen?
Just spent $1000 dollars on a very disappointing experience , and a very crude response by the staff.
Definitely would not recommend as a lack of training and professionalism by OPSM

Store LocationNorthland Preston , Victoria

Jeff

JeffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not very happy...

Store LocationSouth Morang
Trac

Trac

OPSM Hallshead

Wonderful, knowledgeable staff at every point. Never tried to up sell me, in fact they said I didn’t really an option that I was considering so thanks for the honesty. Great with my 11 year old, had a broken leg at the time so brought a chair over for her and even adjusted the height to suit. Explained everything and answered all my questions. Gave me different cost options and what worked better with my private health. Over and above.

Store LocationHallshead WA

Poor Customer Support

Store LocationGeorge Street, Sydney
Dimu

DimuPerth, WA

Inadequate staff

OPSM Bullcreek, WA: Just one staff to attend to all customer needs including fitting frames, billing, answering the phone, handle walk-in inquiries etc. I had to wait more than 30 minutes after my eye test to talk to her. Went to collect my glasses around 1.20 pm on a Friday and the store was closed as the only staff member has gone for lunch. I had to wait for 20 minutes. I feel sorry for the poor, overworked staff member, she was amazing.

Deb

DebSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I could rate zero stars I would!

Store LocationKippa Ring and Toombul QLD
Brice

BriceSydney, NSW

They could be the best if they changed the delivery courier..

I used to subscribe my contact lens for nearly a year but it was never delivered on time.
They were delay a month in average.

I emailed if they could change the courier partner but they did not want.
So I just canceled the subscription.

What a shame that they lose customer by their stubborn system and worst business partner.

Concerned

ConcernedSydney

Once they grab your money THEY DON'T CARE!

I was tested and prescribed 2 plastic lenses for my own frames.The price was $880. After waiting over a month, I tried them on, and I mentioned that I could not see clearly at a distance. They replied that I "needed to get used to them". I could also see strange blue halos around straight lines. I wore them for over 2.5 weeks, and nothing changed. I returned to speak to optometrist. He tried to tell me that my eyes had changed and it was not his fault. All he could offer me another pair of lenses at half price.
This was the 1st time I had tried OPSM and I will never use them again.

Store LocationTuggerah
Marco

MarcoVictoria

Rang the Customer Service line & was told the regional manger will contact me in 2 days & yet have not received a call.

They will not return scratched lenses that I believe were not scratched by me that are only two weeks old.

What a joke

Went into the local Warnbro store . Optometrist came out yelling and saying “no more customers” . Told by the lady at the counter best to just cancel you appointment . No chance to reschedule, just more time for me to leave the store . Left feedback online and still no response . Never going back again

Store LocationWarnbro WA
Vineesh

VineeshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Only for Rich people

Store LocationMelbourne central

Just great service

In the midst of a Pandemic and far from home, one of our glasses lost a screw. OPSM were excellent in repairing it. So impressed I made an appointment to get new ones for myself. Excellent service all around.

Store LocationKippa Ring
KTc

KTcPerth, WA

Mansplaining

Store LocationPerth City Hay Street Mall

LiliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Soooo Happy!!!

This was my first visit to Opsm at Chermside.Within an hour I had chosen my new frames and had a eye test.
Picked up my new frames last Thursday. The script was spot on the first time .I couldn't believe it as I often need a retest every time I get new glasses .
I will be back and highly recommend Opsm.So much to choose from and the staff were great.Great experience.

Store LocationChermside Queensland

Your so welcome.
Thanks for acknowledging my review.
My first day back at work today and got lots of compliments on my new frames.

No lens replacement/repair available for Ray Ban Sunglasses

I purchased a pair of Ray Ban New Wayfarer Sunglasses on 30/11/2020 from the Bowral Branch. Unfortunately I dropped them last week and cracked one of the lenses. On returning to the store I was first asked if I had purchased insurance, which I had not. The store assistant then told me that OPSM stores did not offer replacement lenses, but he would try to help me out. In the end my only choice was to buy a new pair, or prescription lenses at double the price.
I was not informed of this at the time of purchase. This is surely unacceptable for a product with a rrp of over $200. Also OPSM and the manufacturers of Ray Ban apparently have the same parent company, Luxottica.

Store LocationBowral NSW
Kurt
Kurt
Customer SupportOPSM

Hey Kurt - Yes, absolutely take them into your local OPSM store and the team will be able to insert them in the frames for you. Sorry again for the inconvenience. I'm so glad you managed to source some replacements!

silvie888

silvie888Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wish I'd read the reviews here before making the appointment

Store LocationFrankston

Good Service but Greedy organisation

I have been with OPSM for 15+year and we spend $1000 every year. Their glasses come in protective cases taht make them bulky and unpractical. In the old days OPSM would add value by providing a more useful $2 soft case or a cloth bag etc. Now days not the case, NO more freebies with your glasses like the old days. Great product and service and you pay the price, but stop being so frugal and Greedy OPSM, does everything always need to be about profit?

Store LocationCity, altona and watergardens
David S

I guess that was not our experience, I was advised by your staff they no longer carry additional accessories and to to go to the local $2 shop and try there.

HNNSydney, NSW

Their customer service is terrible.

I have been with OPSM for years and order my contact lenses through OPSM online. My recent purchase at 12 December hadn’t arrived yet, the first time they sent it to WA instead of NSW and they shipped it again but not arrived yet and no one answers my emails and when I call they forward me to toll services which seems have lost the track of my purchase. I’ve been out of my contacts for a while and no one seems caring about this in OPSM online. If you can’t trust your delivery service, you lose the trust of your customers!

Sunglass H.OPSM
HNN

3643856RPL, I have been on the phone with your customer service and nothing still happening!

WillyeckerslikePerth, WA

Three months of severe headaches and SPAM

I went to get my yearly prescription glasses and I had my eye test as usual and got the results (It was a casual/replacement optition) I got my new glasses and a week or so later had headaches start, I never knew what was causing it. I got my prescription and work paid for safety glasses for me. After a few months of headaches I visited the doctors and then another optitian. It turns out I had totally the wrong prescription. Took it on the chin $$$ Now they spam me, click unsubscribe and they keep coming. type stop on the texts it says I am unsubscribed only to receive more. One customer who will never ever revisit.

Store LocationBaldivis

GregSydney, NSW

Lack of genuine care and lying staff

Store LocationBalmain, Sydney
Greg

I have PM'ed you OPSM. I don't know what else can be done as this event occurred over 2 months ago now and we would like to move on from this experience.

Chc06asked

OPSM Retail Stores

Hi OPSM
Is the price of bluegard lenses ( prescription 1.49) differ in each and every retail stores of OPSM?

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi there! Thanks so much for reaching out to us :)

No, the price of lenses is standard across all our stores. Any difference in a quoted price is most likely related to whether the team member has quoted the traditional lens option or a digital lens option. With a traditional lens design, your unaltered prescription is ground across the entire lens. A digital lens uses newer technology to slightly alter the prescription around the edge of the lens using specific measurements that take into account the distance between your eye and the furthest point of the lens to improve your peripheral vision. If the team member has given you a quick-quote with this lens option there will be a $50 difference in price, but the choice is yours of course :)

I'm so sorry for any confusion or miscommunication. Please feel free to get back in touch if I can help you further!

Warm regards,
OPSM Customer Support

Chc06asked

Hi
Can I know the price of single vision plastic bluegard lenses for 1.49 prescription?

Hi there!

For a pair of single vision lenses made in the 1.49 index material with Blueguard, you are looking at $300 before any discounts. This price includes the Invisibles Ultra coating, which makes the lenses anti-reflective and provides protection from UVA and UVB light from the sun (as opposed to blue light from computer screens and other artificial light sources, which is what the Blueguard filter helps to block). If you like, we can remove the Invisibles Ultra coating (which would reduce the price by $130) but it's generally not recommended.

There are a few other options available to you as well relating to how the prescription is ground into the lens to give you the best vision in the peripheral areas of the lenses. One of our store team members will be happy to help you out if you want more information or pricing regarding this option.

I hope this is helpful! Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions or need me to clarify anything for you. I'm available on the OPSM Facebook via direct message too if you want to have a chat about anything :)

Kind regards,
OPSM Customer Support

Hi
Thank you very much for your answer.
I just noticed in OPSM website bluegard is only $50.
Also antireflective coating may be onother addition like blue guard.
Can you please let me know just plastic lenses with blugrad only price?

Chc06

Also how discounts work? Is it different from store to store ?
Could you please let me know how much I'll get as a discount approximately?
For a plastic lense with bluegard,I can't afford antireflective coating.

IAuasked

OPSM Retail Stores

I had eyes test today at Parramatta Westfields. After the test I was charged $60. It says P1025 Ultra Wide DRS, what is that? It is my eligible annual test. Why should I be charged this $60. Looking forward to a refund.

Customer SupportOPSM

Hi there! Our standard eye tests are bulk-billed to Medicare but any scans or digital imagery have an additional cost. The Ultra Wide DRS is a digital scan that the optometrist takes to get a detailed view of the back of your eye. The scan allows them to closely examine your retina and check if there are any blood vessel abnormalities which may suggest an eye disease. The optometrist will recommend this if you have a history of diabetes, high eye pressures or any other eye health condition. Please send us a private message with your contact details if you'd like us to get the store to give you a call to discuss.

Kind regards,
OPSM Customer Support Team

IAu

The optometrist should clearly tell the client that the scans cost money and let the client decide. What is the email account to send OPSM a private message?

Customer SupportOPSM

It absolutely should have been made very clear to you that there was a charge and I'm very sorry for the miscommunication.

Please send me your full name and contact details to customercare@opsm.com.au and I will follow up with the store team ASAP.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Get an answer from our members and OPSM representatives

Other Optical Retailers