2.1

2.5
2.0

Kate
KateQueensland4 posts

Out of touch, inefficient company

Imprecise & out of touch with current, trends. Seem to be lacking in real understanding of local property values or can’t be bothered to put in effort to research individual property being valued. Not all properties are identical yet this company gives a blanket, generalised ‘value’. Cannot recommend at all.
Faroque B.
Faroque B.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Terrible, stay away , unprofessional

Terrible , unprofessional and not knowing local market at all, $200k less than from rival bank, CBA should change their valuation company , what a joke ? Reading all these reviews I think most of the people having same issues, not recommended, ask bank who they sending otherwise go somewhere else which I am doing now
val
valIngleburn17 posts

Undervalued by Opteon Valuer

Opteon valuers must be living in the past maybe 10 years ago, I cant believe they undervalue my property by 15% compare to market. I listed my property for 620 and got offer for 600 but i decided not to continue with the sale. I opted to buy an IP instead through Mortgage House, They send opteon valuers and came up to value my property at 520, what a joke!! I can sell my house for 600 and move on.

If given a choice choose other valuers, other valuers are maybe more reasonable.

Julian
JulianSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Idea

No idea, come in at 50k under the purchase price to cover themselves,
Blind Freddy could have done a better job.
Nada
NadaSydney, NSW2 posts

Stay away!

Terrible- unprofessional!
Stay away from Opteon!
Valuation was completed by them & undervalued which had to be reversed. Time wasted!
Sasen
Sasen

Astonishingly poor service

I would say Opteon might have the worst customer service I have encountered yet. Deeply unprofessional and amateur. We were referred by our broker, and will be passing back the feedback that we would advise them against sending future clients to them.
Madhu G.
Madhu G.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Shanjabi
Shanjabi6 posts

Sisi
SisiSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

unprofessional company and unrealistic evaluation

I just had them coming over to property yesterday. they told me they will come in between 11:30am to 1:30pm but didnt show up until 2:30pm and no one calls me to let me know the reason. when the guy finally showed up he was rude and didnt even apologize at all. it took him about 10 mins to look at our new renovated hill top house including a third level rooftop terrace and valued our property at least $300k lower than realesate.com. I will never use this company again and btw this is my first time writing a negative review online!!
Thomas
Thomas

Completely incompetent

Valued a 2 bed apartment in Sydney as if it were a 1 bed apartment.

Valuer didn’t even check every room, totally skipped the laundry, didn’t step foot in the second bedroom, was here for 5 minutes max. When I came to tell him about the upgrades put in he wasn’t interested and reverted to having valued other units in the complex. I tried to explain that I have extra features put in that those units do not come with. He wasn’t interested in listening.

Valued the property 100k below market. Will be lodging a complaint to the industry board and to the bank so they no longer use Opteon.

Phillip Davidson
Phillip DavidsonSouth Australia

Tried to change my mind. Opteon Ballarat

A lady from Opteon rang to see if she could change my mind about my review, but did not offer to change the evaluation. Instead she said to research property sales in the area and send through to my financial institution. When I asked for the addresses that my property was compared to I was not allowed to have access to these. Opteon Ballarat will just continue to crush the hopes and dreams of ordinary people while collecting commissions on reports that could be inaccurate. Customers and businesses should seek an alternative company to deal with.
Ben
BenPerth, WA

Residential valuation

Valuer was engaging and matter of fact. We appreciated the feedback and follow up information. Show reply
Isaac Melaka
Isaac Melaka7 posts

Waste of money and very bad customer service

Dear Customers,

It’s unrealistic evaluation and not professional company at all.

It’s given overestimates $140K for my property worth $750K and creating a lot of problems.

Very bad customer service

Waste of money

Don’t recommend at all

This company doesn’t deserve even 1 star in review!!!!

Suresh A.
Suresh A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Grant
GrantGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What a waste of time

The Murrumbeena unit was purchased during the GFC for $330k. A sworn valuer for the NAB valued the ppty at $350k 3 months ago. Opteon valued the ppty in May 2023 at $300k. Only one of the four Opteon comparative sales was recent. There have been 13 similar sales in Murrumbeena in recent months - one of these was used as a comparative sale.
We have never had a good experience when Opteon has valued a property.

angeloferraro
angeloferraro

Hi, I am wondering if you routinely check whether or not a prospective inspector has a history of being a disqualified builder, either due to breaches to the relevant building act, or through insolvency due to a domestic building insurance claim being made against them by a former homeowner.

Albert
Albert

I've written a review but I cannot see it listed on line

Hello world
Hello world

@Psy-Chic - how on earth would you know what the valuer did in the car. He may have been checking his emails, looking for the address of the next job, notifying the bank that the valuation inspection had been completed. Did you see the report? I doubt it. As they use local comparable sales. There is such no method as a 'median price' approach.

Psy-Chic
Psy-Chic

"They" do, do "they"? Using local comparable sales is effectively a median price approach. If you don't like my review, feel free to write your own but I'm not sure they accept them from staff.

Jeremy G