Optically

Worst customer service ever and they don't care

gaurav verma

gaurav vermaNarrabundah 2604, ACT

Service at its best, great with price

I got my glasses reglazed & with in few days got them back. Perfectly done, no issues at all. Happy with the customer service ( Supriya ) was amazing with every step to make sure my 1st experience with optically goes at its best.
Going to get my sunnies done now & will always use optically in future.

Terrible communication, order cancelled, waiting for full refund

I ordered 2 sets of glasses. First, there was some confusion about the prescription and it always took several days to get replies to emails. Once this was sorted, I got a notification that the frames are not available. It became apparent that when calling customer support, they have no access to emails sent regarding the order and that replies to emails ignored what was discussed on the phone. Finally, the order was cancelled. However, so far only a partial refund for one frame has been processed while I have not received any of the two sets I ordered.

Andy K.Optically

Excellent service, price and quality

I have reglazed two pairs of eyeglasses and both are perfect! Quick, affordable and easy. I am shocked at the price bricks and mortar eyewear stores charge, and thankful Optically have offered a better way to buy eyeglasses. Between my husband and I, we were upgrading or replacing at least two pairs of eyeglasses per year at a minimum of $750 each year. We got very little back on Extras cover. Thank you Optically!

Not cheap! Not fast! Not friendly!

Website says fast & friendly.
They are not fast! Now one month and no clear estimate to complete and deliver my reglazed glasses (site says 7 days).
Their chat button doesn't work it requests an email address. Send them an email they don't respond.

After providing my prescription, receiving an invoice, paying for the reglaze, and sending them my glasses, they email me saying there's an extra charge for doing my 'High' prescription??? I refused and they dropped it. Maybe some people just agree to pay the extra?

Call center is polite and may eventually sort out your problem. However I still don't have my glasses!

Updated: Glasses delivered today took about 6 weeks.

Ash Davis

Ash DavisPerth, WA

Very slow delivery, Glasses fine, zero communication

Took > 20 business days to arrie as opposed to the stated 10-12.
Ordered my glasses in mid Sep, recieved the invoice and then NOTHING ELSE.... not a text (as per thei website assurance), not an email when dispatched, nothing... rang the contact number twice and left a message with their robot - nil response, couple of emails - nyet, via FB page (as recommended) only respose was an automtic reply "We'll get back in a few minutes". It's now two days and still crickets despite the friendly "Answers in a few minutes"...
Glasses are Ok

A good product . I was a return customer.

The glasses are fine. No problem at all with the 2 pairs that Ive bought at different times. Communications from Optically have always been courteous and reassuring. The best way to communicate with Optically is by their Facebook page.

Kelly

KellyNorth Queensland, QLD

No need for health care extras!

Website is so easy to use, love the filter option. Bc So much variety and most of all great price!! have purchased several pair and had one reglazed. Definitely recommend.

Zennie

ZennieSydney, NSW

Too easy

Bought a pair of prescription sunglasses first time online and everything went without a hitch.
The site was easy to navigate around and too easy to select a pair of frames and then add a prescription.
Totally loved the ease of purchase from start to finish and ended up with a great pair of sunglasses.

dee

deeQueensland

My prescription sunglasses cant live with out. I look like a rockstar well I think so any way.

easy to navigate the store, great glasses lots to choose from various styles and colours.
Totally loved the glasses. Keep up the good work, so affordable will always come back, have told many people about you,

Online shopping for specs has never been so easy!

I'd always buy my specs in stores but I tried Optically and not only is the range so much greater, the ease of purchase was so seamless. The quality of the prescription sunnies I bought have lasted me 2 years so far and after finishing this review, I will be looking to purchase reading glasses through Optically : )

Excellent service

Glasses were delivered promptly and lenses were of high quality for the price. Overall service was excellent. Would have no hesitation using again or recommending to other people. Thanks again

Haylz

HaylzSouth East Queensland, QLD

awesome

I love my glasses and I have referred other people to you guys to purchase their glasses.
friends and family enjoy using you website to purchase their glasses.
I am currently struggling at the moment so this voucher will help me purchase a new pair of glasses

Lynette

Lynette

Quite funky for cheap script glasses

Quite funky for cheap script glasses. Easy to order, easy to wear, good sunglasses, arrived very quickly and have lasted well in a rotation of other glasses, would order again

David

DavidPerth, WA

Very well priced glasses

I bought a pair of glasses as a spare set and didn't want to pay retail shop prices.
For what I paid, the glasses were fine.
I have recomended optically to freinds who were also satisfied with their purchase.

Jimmy

JimmySydney, Australia

Great Product

Ordered from here a few times, Glasses were cheap and pretty good quality. Better than spending hundreds of dollars from a Major Chain store. Certainly will look at using them again.

Kylie

KylieEyre Peninsula, SA

Competitive Prices, Quality products, fast shipping

Looking for right pair of frames was reasonably easy, virtual try on is awesome. Extensive range of products to suit every budget. A easy to understand Size guide for frames or something like that would be helpful as Frames I purchased were what i wanted but unfortunately a bit too big for my face so they slip down all the time, also i got the cheaper lenses and find them a bit blurry

Adnan Yezdani

Adnan YezdaniGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I always get the quality promised.

∙Its website is friendly, and easy to navigate the products.
∙There is a huge range to choose from.
∙I always get what I ordered. In total I ordered 5 pairs of glasses, fully satisfied.

BecGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Returns policy is bogus

The site was easy to navigate and the glasses are reasonably priced. Unfortunately, one of the pairs I purchased was unsuitable and I was informed that if I pay to send them back I would receive a refund. It has been over 4 weeks and I have still not been refunded, despite frequent emails to remind them.
In addition to this, the other pair I purchased have broken after a few weeks use - one of the arms just crumbled and broke off! This was with normal use and keeping them in a case when not being worn.
I will not be purchasing from here again.
Also, please note, all of these positive reviews are because they offer you a discount if you give good feedback. I’d rather be honest and take my business elsewhere.

Bec

I continue to email them asking when they I’ll receive a refund but no response. Untrustworthy company. Avoid!

shash

shashSydney, NSW

Reasonably priced and good quality

Happy with the glasses I ordered on optically. Have been using it every day for almost a year with no issues. The store has a decent range of products available.
Probably going to order another pair with my new prescription soon.

Jan L.asked

I know that the prescription I sent was wrong due to OPSM writing an unreadable prescription. But I have returned the useless glasses immediately and paid extra for another pair. It is now over 3 months since the original order and I STILL don’t have a replacement pair. My question is- will I get the glasses ordered before October 14, or should I open a PayPal dispute right now? Janice Lotstra.

Jan L.

After many, many emails and contact through Optically's Facebook page, the glasses turned up on the very date which was my deadline. My husband is quite happy with them, so all's well that ends well. Throughout the whole nerve wracking process the emails from Optically were polite and reassuring. I do thank them for that.

Colette L.

Colette L.asked

Hi,
is it true that your 1.61 index plastic lenses are protected with 1-year unconditional replacement (this just seems crazily amazing)?
I mean, will I send my glasses back to you guys when the lenses are damaged so that they are replaced?
Do I need to pay the postage both ways then?

John Brooks
John Brooks

Colette,
These guys are ridgy didge I stuffed up my script received the glasses and complained but after sending the product back they replaced the lenses at minimal cost(it was my fault) I intend to reorder soon.
Regards John

Hi Colette,

The 1.61 index lenses are supplied with a 1 year unconditional replacment against any dammage to the lenses.

Bec

Unfortunately, they don’t keep their word on returns. I’m still waiting for my refund over a month later.

Con

Conasked

Do you have frames suitable for archery target shooting (prescription to be added)?

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry, I see that for archery you need Wrap around style glasses the ones that Oakley or the other sports sunglasses manufacturers make.

Now, when it comes to prescription lenses there is a limitation on how much curvature can be added to it hence they cannot be fit in wrap around glasses. However, the solution to this is to use something called as sunglasses inserts. Mostly all premium sunglasses brands offer serval model that offer prescription or RX inserts. These inserts can be fitted with the prescription lenses.

Thanks,
Manager - Optically Pty Ltd

Get an answer from our members and Optically representatives